Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-07-2014, 01:04 PM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Default Peaches heroin overdose

What a selfish Mother

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28438913
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 01:08 PM #2
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Once you take that road it's very hard to come back from it.
Old 23-07-2014, 01:20 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post

I think she loved her kids and husband
but using those dodgy drugs
sadly killed her

but also her Husband help Kill her
[Her husband, musician Tom Cohen, told the hearing in Gravesend
the 25-year-old had started using the drug again in February this year.
He had witnessed her flushing drugs she had hidden in their loft down the toilet,
but was not aware of any other drugs in the house until they were found by police.]

Last edited by arista; 23-07-2014 at 01:22 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 02:46 PM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

You don't ever see an old heroin addict... and yet, knowing the dangers, people still take it.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 04:31 PM #5
User banned

User banned

baby left alone for 15 hours on its own....and she was on tv as a spokesperson for how to raise children. whilst I sympathise with this tragedy. its yet another lesson in how we put famous people on a pedestal and how rich young kids shouldnt get platform on important issues without having the experience, qualifications or personal ability to carry it through.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 04:45 PM #6

Poor kids.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 04:52 PM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Poor kids.
yes indeed its tragic. my heart bleeds for the kids the husband and bob geldof too....hes been through hell
Old 23-07-2014, 05:00 PM #8

Unless we know the full picture it's hard to say at this stage whether she was a selfish mother or not. Genuine addiction is a mental illness so I don't think it's anyone's place to say she was selfish or whatever.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 05:10 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Unless we know the full picture it's hard to say at this stage whether she was a selfish mother or not. Genuine addiction is a mental illness so I don't think it's anyone's place to say she was selfish or whatever.

On her last TV gig on this morning
she looked full of life
but thats daytime
not like a Junkies Evening time
sadly

Last edited by arista; 23-07-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 23-07-2014, 06:28 PM #10
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
That's true. Although, like someone else has mentioned, she was held up as some kind of expert on childcare simply because she's a celebrity, which I always find strange.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 06:42 PM #11
got dat coffee sh*tz

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Trisha Paytas
BB18: Isabelle
got dat coffee sh*tz

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Trisha Paytas
BB18: Isabelle

You must be living under a rock NOT to know the dangers of this terrible drug. Peaches mother died from it so we all know fine well that she knew the horrible consequences of it... The pain she felt after her own mothers death, now she has passed that pain onto her own children and I think yes, that's very selfish.

coffee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 09:43 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee View Post
You must be living under a rock NOT to know the dangers of this terrible drug. Peaches mother died from it so we all know fine well that she knew the horrible consequences of it... The pain she felt after her own mothers death, now she has passed that pain onto her own children and I think yes, that's very selfish.
Fair enough but maybe she started using drugs as a coping mechanism and gradually moved onto harder stuff or something. As I said, drug addiction falls under the banner of substance abuse, which in turn is a mental disorder and so it's not selfish to have serious struggles and need help.

Of course it's perfectly possible that she was just outright selfish, but until we know the full picture it's no one's place to be judgemental.

Obviously her children and other loved ones must be distraught and have my full sympathy.

Last edited by Redway; 23-07-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 23-07-2014, 10:36 PM #13
-

-

Until somebody loses their parent in such a way that Peaches lost hers (and at such a young age too), I don't think it's fair to judge their actions so harshly.. We are all different and all react differently, had I (God forbid) lost my mother or was to lose my mother, especially in a similar circumstance, I don't even wish to think about how my life would be affected. The whole story is just a really tragic one.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 10:39 PM #14
-

-

I don't understand the 'selfish' claims either.. When somebody is in that state, they aren't in the right frame of mind to even begin to consider their own actions.. Going through certain things can really mess people up, it just depends on your mindset and how you deal with things.. Attention should be placed towards helping more people like this so that fewer lives are lost and less families are broken rather than lambasting them.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 11:10 PM #15
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

You would have thought though that she would be better placed than anyone to judge how this could affect a child..
And in essence be more aware of the destruction and heartbreak that addiction and possible overdose could bring to her family.

In that sense she is selfish to even put herself in a position where there was a possibility that history could repeat itself.
She had the money and the opportunity to reach out and get any help available, but chose not to for whatever reason.
Old 23-07-2014, 11:16 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
Until somebody loses their parent in such a way that Peaches lost hers (and at such a young age too), I don't think it's fair to judge their actions so harshly.. We are all different and all react differently, had I (God forbid) lost my mother or was to lose my mother, especially in a similar circumstance, I don't even wish to think about how my life would be affected. The whole story is just a really tragic one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
I don't understand the 'selfish' claims either.. When somebody is in that state, they aren't in the right frame of mind to even begin to consider their own actions.. Going through certain things can really mess people up, it just depends on your mindset and how you deal with things.. Attention should be placed towards helping more people like this so that fewer lives are lost and less families are broken rather than lambasting them.
This. No one's selfish for being genuinely unwell.
Old 23-07-2014, 11:16 PM #17

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Very tragic.

I think she tried hard to be a great mother, but her addiction came first.

Very hard not to fall back into old ways when you are a slave to heroin.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 11:18 PM #18
0_o

0_o

Not a surprise. Was quite obvious despite some claiming otherwise

Feel so sorry for her kids.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 11:19 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
You would have thought though that she would be better placed than anyone to judge how this could affect a child..
And in essence be more aware of the destruction and heartbreak that addiction and possible overdose could bring to her family.

In that sense she is selfish to even put herself in a position where there was a possibility that history could repeat itself.
She had the money and the opportunity to reach out and get any help available, but chose not to for whatever reason.
You can't always reason with things like that, though. It's nothing something you'd be able to get your head around unless you've been in that position yourself. The fact that she had the resources doesn't mean that she could've chosen to stop being a junkie if she wanted to. No one chooses to be an addict. And if you think otherwise then clearly you need to do some research.
Old 23-07-2014, 11:35 PM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You can't always reason with things like that, though. It's nothing something you'd be able to get your head around unless you've been in that position yourself. The fact that she had the resources doesn't mean that she could've chosen to stop being a junkie if she wanted to. No one chooses to be an addict. And if you think otherwise then clearly you need to do some research.
wrong. people who are drug takers, who have kids need to forsee the fact they are putting their kids in danger and act to ensure they can avoid that. as for this uber liberal claptrap about never treating junkies like criminals and only to embrace them all...what about the crimes people commit under the influence of drugs, the destruction of families, of communities, the destruction of the nhs which spends trillions on drink and drugs

sometimes tough love is whats needed.its the over liberal attitude thats seen drug use rise to amongst the highest per capita in the world in the uk. you need to take your own advice and research what damage this liberal attitude to drugs has done to the uk. what its contributed to our enormous drug use, drug related crime, drug pushing, violence, theft, broken homes, broken communities etc etc

while we are spending billions more on drugs, where does this funding come from? who else loses out on funding in order that we spend more on helping drug pushers and drug takers. the pot of money , resources and staff is limited. so someone has to lose out to finance your , lets help the junkies more campaign. is this 1 reason why so many people, often salt of the eart harmless hard working law abiding citizens , are left to rot in hospitals and in homes. they seem to get less sympathy and less attention and less spent on them per head. drug takers and drug pushers, get relative luxury. old vulnerable people are likely to be fed, clothed and quenched. they even get to share 1 tv set between a whole load of them. they get so very little for their lifetime of work and duty.

if we follow your overall mantra where does it lead beyond the disaster we now have? if adrug user beats an old woman and steals her money and accidentally kills her or leaves her in a coma. our sympathy is with the criminal? he couldnt help it could he? hes from a poor background, he has an addictive personality etc he doesnt belong in prison. meanwhile the forgotten old lady has been forgotten by the system....no doubt one reason the nhs is falling apart is that the staff are abused by those under the influence of drink and drugs.

i notice how you come on this thread with the bleeding heart liberal argument purported by russell brand....yet another thread which points out the mass corruption, systematic abuse in nhs hospitals, you make no contribution at all....I would suggest this shows your own priorities are utterly confused.

ive sat next to an old lady suffering a heart attack as the nurses ignored her all night only to deal with screaming drunken junkie kids, simply because they felt intimidated and the kids screamed louder. this is the end result of your uber liberal demands. utter ammoral carnage, the weak ignored and walked over left to die, the drug taking attention seeking junkies sucking up the funding and the services.
Old 24-07-2014, 01:39 AM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
wrong. people who are drug takers, who have kids need to forsee the fact they are putting their kids in danger and act to ensure they can avoid that. as for this uber liberal claptrap about never treating junkies like criminals and only to embrace them all...what about the crimes people commit under the influence of drugs, the destruction of families, of communities, the destruction of the nhs which spends trillions on drink and drugs

sometimes tough love is whats needed.its the over liberal attitude thats seen drug use rise to amongst the highest per capita in the world in the uk. you need to take your own advice and research what damage this liberal attitude to drugs has done to the uk. what its contributed to our enormous drug use, drug related crime, drug pushing, violence, theft, broken homes, broken communities etc etc

while we are spending billions more on drugs, where does this funding come from? who else loses out on funding in order that we spend more on helping drug pushers and drug takers. the pot of money , resources and staff is limited. so someone has to lose out to finance your , lets help the junkies more campaign. is this 1 reason why so many people, often salt of the eart harmless hard working law abiding citizens , are left to rot in hospitals and in homes. they seem to get less sympathy and less attention and less spent on them per head. drug takers and drug pushers, get relative luxury. old vulnerable people are likely to be fed, clothed and quenched. they even get to share 1 tv set between a whole load of them. they get so very little for their lifetime of work and duty.

if we follow your overall mantra where does it lead beyond the disaster we now have? if adrug user beats an old woman and steals her money and accidentally kills her or leaves her in a coma. our sympathy is with the criminal? he couldnt help it could he? hes from a poor background, he has an addictive personality etc he doesnt belong in prison. meanwhile the forgotten old lady has been forgotten by the system....no doubt one reason the nhs is falling apart is that the staff are abused by those under the influence of drink and drugs.

i notice how you come on this thread with the bleeding heart liberal argument purported by russell brand....yet another thread which points out the mass corruption, systematic abuse in nhs hospitals, you make no contribution at all....I would suggest this shows your own priorities are utterly confused.

ive sat next to an old lady suffering a heart attack as the nurses ignored her all night only to deal with screaming drunken junkie kids, simply because they felt intimidated and the kids screamed louder. this is the end result of your uber liberal demands. utter ammoral carnage, the weak ignored and walked over left to die, the drug taking attention seeking junkies sucking up the funding and the services.
I don't even know where to start with that disjointed mess of a post but at least get your own priorities in check before you call others confused.
Old 24-07-2014, 01:48 AM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Sorry.. Are you suggesting she didn't know it was addictive?
I have been in that position and I chose to put myself in it.

Last edited by Kizzy; 24-07-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 01:50 AM #23

Why she would've even gone near it to begin with I can't fathom, after her mother. But I can't fathom being brought up in that kind of circle and lifestyle anyway.

Last edited by Marsh.; 24-07-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 02:05 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Sorry.. Are you suggesting she didn't know it was addictive?
I have been in that position and I chose to put myself in it.
I think you know full well I didn't mean it like that. Obviously anyone with half a brain cell knows about the dangers of heroin but judgement can be so impaired that people are unable to see the consequences of their actions, or can't weigh them up into perspective. So it's not as clear-cut as you're making it out to be.

And well that's you. Different people cope in different ways and what disgusts you or whatever may attract another person.

I'm not saying I don't have an immense amount of sympathy for everyone involved (especially the children), but - and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - we don't know the full story right now or what drove her to take hard drugs etc. So it's wrong that people are so quick to jump on the "what a selfish disgusting mother' bandwagon quite so soon.

Like I've said, drug addiction is an illness so it's not as clear-cut as getting a grip or whatever. At all.
Old 24-07-2014, 03:11 AM #25

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
heroin, overdose, peaches