Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 30-07-2014, 12:34 AM #1

Default Chris - being edited out of the house?

Already I can hear the Chris haters saying that I am making excuses and that that the evidence is there that he is "creepy".

I am speaking as someone who has been a casual supporter of him. I would be disappointed to see him go this close to the final but if he does then so be it. And I do agree that his behaviour this week has been puzzling.

However, I do find it amazing that people can suddenly turn on a HM after just one week because of their behaviour following 5 weeks of him behaving very well. It does feel as though there are some posters who are like sheep, jumping onto any bandwagon that comes along without asking this question.

What possible reason would Chris have for acting the way he does suddenly having not done so for 5 weeks? Isn't it more likely that there is something else happening that we aren't being shown. What's more likely? Chris suddenly has a complete personality change and acts horrible or there is more to this than the highlights are showing.

And it would be in BB's interests to do this. Chris is one of the most unusual HMs we've ever seen on BB - he certainly won't bring in the mag deals that the likes of Winston will. A crafty strategy of lots of negative out of context edits does the trick in eliminating the competition.

If this isn't what's happening, you have to ask why would Chris do this? As an intelligent man, what motive could be there?
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 12:36 AM #2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

at this point I think he's just an actor who's been tasked with undoing his popularity because he won't get the magazine deals you mention

I've just lost all patience with the show and believe it's all an orchestrated sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 12:39 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
at this point I think he's just an actor who's been tasked with undoing his popularity because he won't get the magazine deals you mention

I've just lost all patience with the show and believe it's all an orchestrated sham
there could be something in that. it's at least as likely as him suddenly becoming a creepy perv almost overnight as some are alleging.
Old 30-07-2014, 12:45 AM #4

Chris has always shown signs of thinking he is above others and being more than willing to bitch in private..he just got away with it as he wasn't really a threatening or loud person. Now he's decided to go full meltdown about Pav for some reason. No editing involved. If anything they edited him better than the youtube clips shown.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 12:49 AM #5

[QUOTE=Brother Leon;7109846]Chris has always shown signs of thinking he is above others and being more than willing to bitch in private..he just got away with it as he wasn't really a threatening or loud person. Now he's decided to go full meltdown about Pav for some reason. No editing involved. If anything they edited him better than the youtube clips shown.[/QUOTE

He's thought of himself above others because he generally is. He's more intelligent than almost all of them in there. As for bitching, almost everyone in the house has bitched. It is not peculiar to Chris.

"For some reason" he has gone into meltdown over Pav - what reason is it? It's all very peculiar and to me unbelievable.
Old 30-07-2014, 12:52 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

More to do with Ex two HM's who wrongly targeted Pav. Chris bought it and now thinks he is doing the right thing with the public.

Pauline he sussed. Mathew and Danielle he trusted. Shame.

Still should make the final though.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 12:55 AM #7

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

I've thought he was creepy since the start, it's just finally getting shown more this week.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 12:58 AM #8
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegmeister View Post
"For some reason" he has gone into meltdown over Pav - what reason is it? It's all very peculiar and to me unbelievable.
Chris and Danielle were the most threatened hm's when the newbies arrived ... their reactions were amazing.

That was the point that Chris latched on to the oldies group and he has used that as his security blanket ever since. Its not particularly gentlemanly to target women with accusations (other than perhaps she is a gameplayer) so the easy target became Pav, and the rest is unfortunate history.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 01:06 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

I now feel that there is an awful lot more to selective editing that I have given credence to previously.
As the OP pointed out, Chris has been perfectly reasonable until the last few days. Suddenly he has turned into this character who has the hots for Ashleigh and is jealous of Pav. Now I ask myself why would he be jealous when Ashleigh has no interest in Pav whatsoever. Why didn't he act that way with Ash or Winston who are arguably much better looking?

The edits tonight and the close - ups of Chris's face actually were designed to make him look sleazy. But there is one thing that stops all that in its tracks - knowing how Ashleigh has always been adamant about having a BF and wanting nothing to do with the boys in there and her signals to that effect have been respected - why would she be so close to Chris if she was in the least uncomfortable around him?
Other HM's may not have noticed Pav staring at Ashleigh because they are not invested or interested enough - Chris adores her and is protective of her like a father figure taking care of her while she is in the house so he does notice...
I'm not trusting the BB producers at all right now - is it all an edited sham, or just a shambles?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 01:15 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Women can tell these things from my experience.

Well most can.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 01:33 AM #11

Its just this weeks voters hook i wouldnt worry about it they do it every week without fail.
As soon as they know who is up they force a storyline/angle that involves the nominated housemates to get people voting.

Its so blatant this year it makes me sad for the show.

Last edited by billy123; 30-07-2014 at 01:34 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 01:45 AM #12

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
I've thought he was creepy since the start, it's just finally getting shown more this week.
If you thought he was creepy from the start, your opinion is based on how he looks. You are judging him on how he was born.

You claim to be an Ashleigh fan. Do you not think one of the best qualities of Ashleigh is the fact that she DIDN'T judge Chris the same way you have done and they were able to become best friends in the house? Maybe she should have referred to Chris as the creepy one since the beginning instead?

PRINCESS ASHLEIGH
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 01:45 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Its just this weeks voters hook i wouldnt worry about it they do it every week without fail.
As soon as they know who is up they force a storyline/angle that involves the nominated housemates to get people voting.

Its so blatant this year it makes me sad for the show.
You are right, sadly.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 03:00 AM #14

Op I agree with you too. This is all to reminiscent to what they tried to do with Aaron (BB12). I really hope Chris doesn't go on Friday because he has been a really good supportive housemate.
tuesday1962 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 04:42 AM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

He is suffering badly from the curse of Clearasil Annie, everyone that befriends her is used, chewed up and spit out. Being a friend of *******igh isn't a good idea these days as it generally ends up in turning into a ticket to the eviction night party. Chris's downfall started the moment he fell under her evil wicked spell. She has a weird effect on all her friends. Creepy Chris has backed the wrong horse this time and he looks like fodder for Friday night now.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 05:37 AM #16
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I now feel that there is an awful lot more to selective editing that I have given credence to previously.
As the OP pointed out, Chris has been perfectly reasonable until the last few days. Suddenly he has turned into this character who has the hots for Ashleigh and is jealous of Pav. Now I ask myself why would he be jealous when Ashleigh has no interest in Pav whatsoever. Why didn't he act that way with Ash or Winston who are arguably much better looking?

The edits tonight and the close - ups of Chris's face actually were designed to make him look sleazy. But there is one thing that stops all that in its tracks - knowing how Ashleigh has always been adamant about having a BF and wanting nothing to do with the boys in there and her signals to that effect have been respected - why would she be so close to Chris if she was in the least uncomfortable around him?
Other HM's may not have noticed Pav staring at Ashleigh because they are not invested or interested enough - Chris adores her and is protective of her like a father figure taking care of her while she is in the house so he does notice...
I'm not trusting the BB producers at all right now - is it all an edited sham, or just a shambles?
I tend to agree with you, about the editing of the show, there no way all of sudden Chris whole personality would change like that, it looks like the producers want Chris out sadly, & they are given him such bad edits just in the last couple of days.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 07:21 AM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
More to do with Ex two HM's who wrongly targeted Pav. Chris bought it and now thinks he is doing the right thing with the public.

Pauline he sussed. Mathew and Danielle he trusted. Shame.

Still should make the final though.
I don't get it, surely the ex HM would have only seen the Publicity VT in which we know potential HM say anything to get onto the show.

Surely Chris living with Pav 24/7 would be in a better position to know the real Pav. Believing the ex HM is in my view not the wisest strategy.

Old 30-07-2014, 08:06 AM #18

[QUOTE=jegmeister;7109857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Chris has always shown signs of thinking he is above others and being more than willing to bitch in private..he just got away with it as he wasn't really a threatening or loud person. Now he's decided to go full meltdown about Pav for some reason. No editing involved. If anything they edited him better than the youtube clips shown.[/QUOTE

He's thought of himself above others because he generally is. He's more intelligent than almost all of them in there. As for bitching, almost everyone in the house has bitched. It is not peculiar to Chris.

If he was that intelligent he would have sussed out Danielle was not keen on him and that she had an agenda saying that about Pav since he & Zoe got rid of her. He didnt, he fell for it and than went for Pav but he was already showing signs that he was been OTT when he told Ashleigh that he was always wondering what she was doing and if she was having more fun with others than she did with him. It has been coming on for a while but more so since Danielle left. When Pav tried to get to know Ashleigh, Chris did not want anyone spoiling their two some, simple as that.
Old 30-07-2014, 08:14 AM #19

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Already I can hear the Chris haters saying that I am making excuses and that that the evidence is there that he is "creepy".

I am speaking as someone who has been a casual supporter of him. I would be disappointed to see him go this close to the final but if he does then so be it. And I do agree that his behaviour this week has been puzzling.

However, I do find it amazing that people can suddenly turn on a HM after just one week because of their behaviour following 5 weeks of him behaving very well. It does feel as though there are some posters who are like sheep, jumping onto any bandwagon that comes along without asking this question.

What possible reason would Chris have for acting the way he does suddenly having not done so for 5 weeks? Isn't it more likely that there is something else happening that we aren't being shown. What's more likely? Chris suddenly has a complete personality change and acts horrible or there is more to this than the highlights are showing.

And it would be in BB's interests to do this. Chris is one of the most unusual HMs we've ever seen on BB - he certainly won't bring in the mag deals that the likes of Winston will. A crafty strategy of lots of negative out of context edits does the trick in eliminating the competition.

If this isn't what's happening, you have to ask why would Chris do this? As an intelligent man, what motive could be there?
It happens every year to favourites. They get jumped on for the smallest thing so that hm's that have never been favourites can get ahead of them.

It reminds me of a feeding frenzy in a lion enclosure.
Old 30-07-2014, 08:16 AM #20
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
It happens every year to favourites. They get jumped on for the smallest thing so that hm's that have never been favourites can get ahead of them.

Reminds me Jale.
Old 30-07-2014, 08:18 AM #21

I liked Chris from the start, he was very good in articulating about his time in the house and got it spot on.

I now think he has had enough of being in there. He needs more mental stimulation from what he is getting to keep him occupied and not looking for reasons to think about things too much.

I think though, he has viewed Ashleigh as a younger sister and is strongly concerned when he saw Pav watching her too much. I think he knows there will never be anything there for him and her so he has set himself up as her protector in the house, so as any older brother would do, had a word with the bloke to stop doing it.

I also think he cannot work out just why the three were sent in so late, as there are so many twists and turns, when there isn't one, they are left floundering about looking for reasons which are not there.

All designed to bring him down to a low of where he is right now. He is mainly bored, too much free time without outside information and stuck with people who are opposite in many senses of the word.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 09:19 AM #22

Quote:

Great post and I find it very sad that at the last moment people have turned against Chris without understanding him. He is a very intelligent person, his artwork is out of this world so true to life and all in pen. His choice of music is sentimental showing that he has this great need for understanding of life.

We have remarks that Chris is looking at Ashleigh, of course he is, he has been her post for the past weeks. He has been the one who enabled her to find herself within the comfort zone of the house. They have helped each other without any stupidity or over indulgence of feelings. To Ashleigh Chris was the safe one, he is 33 but he is a great listener and has taken her words to heart and put her on the right track.

BB natural stirred the pot with the three outsiders coming in and making such a point of saying to watch out for Pav and Zoe, they were also told that Pav fancied Ashleigh. I hope they show the new clip in tonights show, the clip of Zoe denying, her face is a picture, she is a nasty bit of works, and Chris explaining his feelings.

That woman on bots is rather creepy with her explanations she needs to look at the whole picture and not just a part, thus falling in with the bandwagon.

CHRIS to stay.......

Last edited by Jules2; 30-07-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 09:27 AM #23

Favourites:
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

He has just got too big for his boots, thinking he is giving us what we want, done ok so far with his little DR tales.
However he heard the booing for Pav last week and assumes we the public hate him, he got it wrong but at least it has shown us the nasty side of Chris.

I hope he creeps his way out of those doors on Friday.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 09:33 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post

I do so agree, it is the end weeks which count, Helen with all her nonsense is now popular, Ash is so laid back that we could ask ourselves what does he do. In the beginning Chris didnt have much airtime, his face was hardly shown. It was said, what does he bring to the house, he is boring but he was a favourite to win so now in the very last weeks, people are finding fault even though they could have watched and got to understand the whys and wherefores of each HM.

Why hasnt anyone questioned the others for putting Pav right, he is the one who has gone around seeking answers. The others have been quite brutal with him. Why are we picking on Chris. Is it wrong to have a friendship with a young lass who sought his protection? The mind boggles but it is sad that so many are so narrowminded.

Chris is acting on the information given to him by the past HMs sadly it has been his downfall, BBs normal tactics!!! The others have got away with it!
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 09:42 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
He has just got too big for his boots, thinking he is giving us what we want, done ok so far with his little DR tales.
However he heard the booing for Pav last week and assumes we the public hate him, he got it wrong but at least it has shown us the nasty side of Chris.

I hope he creeps his way out of those doors on Friday.
Totally agree, just watched last nights HL show with the letters from home and there he was our Chris acting his socks off.

Cry on cue, laugh on cue, be sympathetic on cue, be angry on cue etc....

This guy is playing one of the biggest games in there. I don't personally believe he likes anyone in there except Ashleigh who he lusts after even though she is so far out of his league it is ridiculous.

I think the cracks are starting to show now with Chris , he has done a first rate acting masterclass in there but slowly inevitably his mask is slipping , his timing is slightly out and his responses becoming more obvious and more easily seen as contrived.

He is very clever but also very creepy and needs to leave now as he will struggle to go any further.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
chris, edited, house