Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 22-08-2014, 12:49 PM #1

Default He is trying to integrate...

Gary is trying so much in there to integrate with the group, he is always trying to have conversations with David and James and I honestly have no idea why because they are both coming across to me as intolerant twats but when he asks people to repeat themselves it's just because he wants to be part of the conversations and understand what they are saying, like he did with Leslie, asked him to stop laughing and speak again so he could understand him.

If anything the intense hate for him from some just goes to show how unaccepting many are in this country.

He has his flaws like most other people and he has a past like most others too, it doesn't make him a bad person and tbqh the vile insults I am seeing about him make me sick.

He won't deny he had drug problems in the past like many other celebs btw, in fact he is proud that he has been clean from drugs and alchol for a while now and rightly so, yes the addiction will have added to his problems but he has disabilities fgs he was in the crash and then years later he also had a major operation to remove a golf ball sized tumor from his sinus cavity.

He is also 70 years old, I'm wondering how those housemates would feel if people were going around saying they wanted to 'smash' their granddads.

But on top of all this I just like him for being him, nothing to do with 'sympathy' before that starts getting posted in here too, I think he's a hilarious guy with a good heart and a bizarre attitude at times.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 12:52 PM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

I must be hard to live with him especially with his flippantly arrogant nature
Old 22-08-2014, 12:53 PM #3
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

i do think people should involve gary and not be horrible about him

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 12:55 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Gary is trying so much in there to integrate with the group, he is always trying to have conversations with David and James and I honestly have no idea why because they are both coming across to me as intolerant twats but when he asks people to repeat themselves it's just because he wants to be part of the conversations and understand what they are saying, like he did with Leslie, asked him to stop laughing and speak again so he could understand him.

If anything the intense hate for him from some just goes to show how unaccepting many are in this country. Proud to be unaccepting and intolerant of this nasty bully... Im sure if you asked his ex wife she would agree with that statement

He has his flaws like most other people and he has a past like most others too, it doesn't make him a bad person spousal battery and animal abuse makes him also as pure as mary poppins... silly me!!! and tbqh the vile insults I am seeing about him make me sick.

He won't deny he had drug problems in the past like many other celebs btw, in fact he is proud that he has been clean from drugs and alchol for a while now and rightly so, yes the addiction will have added to his problems but he has disabilities fgs he was in the crash and then years later he also had a major operation to remove a golf ball sized tumor from his sinus cavity.
Wow... you read Wikipedia and didn't see the stuff about the battery and abuse?
He is also 70 years old, I'm wondering how those housemates would feel if people were going around saying they wanted to 'smash' their granddads.
I'd be totally devastated if a relative of mine was anything like Busey
But on top of all this I just like him for being him, nothing to do with 'sympathy' before that starts getting posted in here too, I think he's a hilarious guy with a good heart and a bizarre attitude at times.
Im glad that in the HOUR a day you see Busey, bearing in mind his camera time is about what, 20% so it's actually about 8 minutes (given commercials) you find him #toteshilar and see his good heart..
FlippingEck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 12:56 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippingEck View Post
Im glad that in the HOUR a day you see Busey, bearing in mind his camera time is about what, 20% so it's actually about 8 minutes (given commercials) you find him #toteshilar and see his good heart..
Thanks for that contribution to the thread.

Oh and this rubbish you keep spouting about abuse, maybe you should go read more than wiki. Gary was arrested for alleged assault but was never charged because there wasn't any evidence, so maybe you should be careful what you spread around about people btw.

Last edited by Josy; 22-08-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:03 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
I must be hard to live with him especially with his flippantly arrogant nature
You're forgetting hes a screen legend and that totally excuses his arrogance... the "GREAT" Gary Busey is a legend so can be as rude, obnoxious and homophobic as he damned well pleases...!
Old 22-08-2014, 01:04 PM #7

Quote:
Thanks for that contribution to the thread.

Oh and this rubbish you keep spouting about abuse, maybe you should go read more than wiki. Gary was arrested for alleged assault but was never charged because there wasn't any evidence, so maybe you should be careful what you spread around about people btw.
I didn't read it on Wiki sweetcheeks. I never said I did.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:12 PM #8

It's why I feel bad for him. It's not a case of him isolating himself and playing the woe is me card. He tries all the time to have a laugh with the rest or to have conversations, but he's just struggling. He should chill with Claire and Audley. They seem the most mature in there from what we see.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 01:18 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
It's why I feel bad for him. It's not a case of him isolating himself and playing the woe is me card. He tries all the time to have a laugh with the rest or to have conversations, but he's just struggling. He should chill with Claire and Audley. They seem the most mature in there from what we see.

Its not a case of the others ostracising him. He's constantly looking to hold court and be the centre of attention in the house. He's not. There's some strong characters in there, he just can't cope with people not bowing to him every time he walks by.. The great Gary Busey...
Old 22-08-2014, 01:21 PM #10
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:

If anything the intense hate for him from some just goes to show how unaccepting many are in this country.

He has his flaws like most other people and he has a past like most others too, it doesn't make him a bad person and tbqh the vile insults I am seeing about him make me sick.

He's the most interesting housemate there. I want to know more about him. Let the ignorant twats isolate him. It will keep him popular.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:22 PM #11
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:

I agree with this.

Obviously we are only seeing highlights and he will no doubt be irritating at times.. everyone is... but he does try to integrate.

He is very strange... quirky... He was always a bit like that, but it doesn't harm anyone. Some of the HMs need to realise that not everyone thinks the same way and accept Gary for the oddball he is. I find him quite interesting and would probably tend to talk to him more than others in there as I think he would have more interesting things to say, given the life he has led.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 01:24 PM #12
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
I agree with this.

Obviously we are only seeing highlights and he will no doubt be irritating at times.. everyone is... but he does try to integrate.

He is very strange... quirky... He was always a bit like that, but it doesn't harm anyone. Some of the HMs need to realise that not everyone thinks the same way and accept Gary for the oddball he is. I find him quite interesting and would probably tend to talk to him more than others in there as I think he would have more interesting things to say, given the life he has led.
I like odd people. They make the best housemates. He reminds me of Steven Baldwin a bit. He was a great housemate as well.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:25 PM #13
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Me too Vanessa. I think the fame-hungry wannabes are just boring.

I thought Stephanie would be a vapid wannabe, but she seems to have a bit more substance to her as well. She could stay in for a while.

Last edited by lily.; 22-08-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:26 PM #14
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
Me too Vanessa. I think the fame-hungry wannabes are just boring.

I thought Stephanie would be a vapid wannabe, but she seems to have a bit more substance to her as well. She could stay in for a while.
All the american housemates are great this year.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:27 PM #15
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I think Leslie will be back on form once he gets some sleep.. He's struggling just now.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:28 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I like odd people. They make the best housemates. He reminds me of Steven Baldwin a bit. He was a great housemate as well.
ooh yeah, another one who thought he was above the law...
Old 22-08-2014, 01:30 PM #17

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

They are probably jealous that Gary has the career that they could only dream of,I wish Gary would actually pick one up and throttle them,sick of hearing the sanctimonious ,selfish, knobheads.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 01:30 PM #18
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
ooh yeah, another one who thought he was above the law...
He was great. Very odd, but entertaining.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:32 PM #19

Busey is just this years Madsen. boring has been.

Last edited by FlippingEck; 22-08-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:34 PM #20

Quote:
Busey is just this years Masden. boring has been.
I would describe him as a lot of things, boring is definitely not one of them.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:36 PM #21
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I would describe him as a lot of things, boring is definitely not one of them.
Marsden was very different.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:38 PM #22

Quote:
Marsden was very different.
Who is Marsden?
Old 22-08-2014, 01:41 PM #23
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Who is Marsden?
Michael Madsen, i mean.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:50 PM #24

Quote:
Michael Madsen, i mean.
Thank God for that... thought one had slipped through the net without me noticing!!!
Old 22-08-2014, 01:51 PM #25

I agree Josy, he does seem like he could be a bit irritating and annoying at times, but it's no reason to isolate him and keep talking down to him like they do. He does keep approaching the group to get involved in the conversation and they just sort of act like he's not there sometimes. I'm just hoping it goes straight over Gary's head and he doesn't take it personal one bit. The problem is with them, not him.

I can't help but feel that James wouldn't keep lecturing any of the other housemates on how they should behave in the patronising way he does to Gary. A lot of the housemate seem to have a real problem with just Gary in particular. Like someone else said on another thread, they always seem so proud of themselves if they have a go at Gary, and run off to tell everybody else about it.
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, integrate