Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 25-08-2014, 10:31 PM #1
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Default Gary vs. Dee

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-8-gary-vs-dee
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 05:55 AM #2
-

-

Gary Busey found himself in another tense clash in the Celebrity Big Brother 2014 house last night.

And it was a new enemy he faced as Gary got upset with White Dee, following some revelations from the latest shopping task.

Dee complained that Gary was taking the show too seriously, citing his ‘storming off to the Diary Room’ after being sent to the scrap heap as an example.

She told him: “It’s nothing personal, we all get on, we all like each other, it’s for food [the task]. Take it with a pinch of salt, don’t take it to the heart.”

Gary told her that he didn’t “take nothing seriously or personally,” saying he was “very smart, I’ve got genius, brilliance working in me.”

The Hollywood actor also spoke about his out-of-body experience, claiming: “I got information over there that you don’t get on earth.”

Dee brushed his comments off saying “Well, that may be…”, but Gary seemed rather annoyed by this and retorted that she was “rude”.

As things began to get heated, he told her: “Please don’t start with me.”

Dee concluded: “I think you’re the only person who doesn’t know it’s a game.”

Walking away, she added: “I ain’t ******ing coming back, I’ve had a ******ing enough.”

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big...#ixzz3BTV94RuH
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 06:14 AM #3

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

I just don't get how these people are missing the obvious. The man objected to the scrapheap because of his health. He is far more able to determine what he is able to do than they are, he is living in his body.

If anyone else had the same conversation with her in the house she wouldn't have gotten angry, its like a pack mentality with them now that Gary is bad therefore any point of view he has is wrong. I just want to shake some sense in them all.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 06:17 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 06:35 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I've liked Dee so far but really..?...he takes things too seriously..?...the 'intolerances' he could have taken seriously and cried victim/moped about/bitched about but all he's done is brushed them aside and got on with his time in there and 'judged' people the way others have done....

..and he shouldn't take it personally/they all like each other..?...well look at your friend Kellie, there Dee..taking it personally..??...pftttt...and no Dee..are you blind and deaf, you do not all like each other at all, that's the most ridiculous thing..trying to put things in a positive way is one thing but let's not be silly now....

..and all he was trying to tell you is that it was 'his truth' from his experiences and how he sees things and what's important/unimportant to him....raise your voice to his hearing impairment but stop raising it to talk over him ....and James take things in good humour...?...is that even meant to be taken seriously....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 06:48 AM #5

Gary: [I'm] .." very smart, I’ve got genius, brilliance working in me."

I like Gary - he's a character but honestly, his ego is enormous and his declarations are sometimes as hilarious as those James makes about himself.

Dee's attempt to offer him advice as she does other people backfired - Gary would only want advice if he sought it - so she got slapped down and she now probably doesn't have a role she can play in her interactions with Gary.

You can't debate with someone who claims "genius and out of body knowledge" to bolster their arguments so people just need to pick and choose what they talk to Gary about or walk away.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:02 AM #6

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Gary: [I'm] .." very smart, I’ve got genius, brilliance working in me."

I like Gary - he's a character but honestly, his ego is enormous and his declarations are sometimes as hilarious as those James makes about himself.

Dee's attempt to offer him advice as she does other people backfired - Gary would only want advice if he sought it - so she got slapped down and she now probably doesn't have a role she can play in her interactions with Gary.

You can't debate with someone who claims "genius and out of body knowledge" to bolster their arguments so people just need to pick and choose what they talk to Gary about or walk away.
He wasn't saying hey I'm a genius he was saying I have genius working in me which I think is a reference to his views of the divine. It may not be our cup of tea but it doesn't make his views any less valid than hers. He had concerns about his health and sleeping outside re the task she is referring, he didn't storm off or retire to bed in tears, then call someone a little queen and say he could crush them like her bosom buddy Kellie did. This is pure and simple intolerance of Gary and every time I see it, it disgusts me.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 07:11 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
He wasn't saying hey I'm a genius he was saying I have genius working in me which I think is a reference to his views of the divine. It may not be our cup of tea but it doesn't make his views any less valid than hers. He had concerns about his health and sleeping outside re the task she is referring, he didn't storm off or retire to bed in tears, then call someone a little queen and say he could crush them like her bosom buddy Kellie did. This is pure and simple intolerance of Gary and every time I see it, it disgusts me.
I'm definitely not excusing all of the intolerance of Gary - I'm just stating why I can see some of why they find him difficult to deal with. I have no time for them when they don't assist with his physical issues i.e. deafness, need for sleep etc.

I'm not excusing the behaviour of other people above Gary, even if Dee appeared to have been.

Dee seems to have pretty much just one approach to people - tries to be their "helper" and it was never going to work with Gary. I'm not criticising either of them for that - it's just a fact.

If Gary's beliefs mean he just flat out say someone else is wrong and he is right, and someone else says the same from their position - it's just a pointless interaction. So in some ways I do excuse intolerance of that situation from both sides.

The physical stuff - no.. I do not excuse people not helping him and being more tolerant of that.
Old 26-08-2014, 07:15 AM #8

Disappointed in Dee, she was just talking bs.
Gary moaned about the task because he was not going to be sleeping outside overnight with his back/other health probs. Once BB had clarified he would not be sleeping outside at night he got on with it.
They all get on? again bs. Apart from the fact most of them have been calling him names and moaning about him from day dot i dont think i have seen Dee speak to him, she knows damn well some of them do not get on with him.

Unfortunately she is following the rest of them and it is a shame, i thought she had a bit more about her.
Old 26-08-2014, 07:30 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
Disappointed in Dee, she was just talking bs.
Gary moaned about the task because he was not going to be sleeping outside overnight with his back/other health probs. Once BB had clarified he would not be sleeping outside at night he got on with it.
They all get on? again bs. Apart from the fact most of them have been calling him names and moaning about him from day dot i dont think i have seen Dee speak to him, she knows damn well some of them do not get on with him.

Unfortunately she is following the rest of them and it is a shame, i thought she had a bit more about her.

I wasn't exactly sure what it was that had prompted Dee to butt her nose in with this.

If it was just Gary's objection to sleeping outside, then she really didn't have any reason to say anything. If it was something else, then I can't judge what she was all about.

She failed anyway, and if she is going to be able to "talk" to Gary she'll need to find a totally new tack.
Old 26-08-2014, 07:41 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
I wasn't exactly sure what it was that had prompted Dee to butt her nose in with this.

If it was just Gary's objection to sleeping outside, then she really didn't have any reason to say anything. If it was something else, then I can't judge what she was all about.

She failed anyway, and if she is going to be able to "talk" to Gary she'll need to find a totally new tack.
It came up because BB asked her questions as part of the shopping task, she brought up Gary.

Her objection was he stormed off to BB because he was sent to the scrap heap and should have just got on with it because it was a food task. Gary tried to tell her his side because he felt she had misjudged him.
Old 26-08-2014, 08:47 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Sadly Dee's attempt to add Gary to her list of needy clients backfired as he isn't stupid and can see through her game. Americans by definition are not the stereotypical types that go running to the nearest agaony aunt for guidance, they are more stand alone and don't revel in the gossip or pack mentality we seem to nurture here in the UK.

I have lived in the USA and lived in American settlements in Mexico for many years and in general, people like Dee wouldn't last 10 mins in their culture, so Gary sees that and probably decided to brush her off as a minnow of life and in time, he will treat her with contempt (as I predicted days ago) and Dee might not fair too well against him as gary is one of the best put down artists on that show.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:16 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
It came up because BB asked her questions as part of the shopping task, she brought up Gary.

Her objection was he stormed off to BB because he was sent to the scrap heap and should have just got on with it because it was a food task. Gary tried to tell her his side because he felt she had misjudged him.
Was it a food task? I maybe wrong but I thought it was just to do with putting HMs up for eviction.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:19 AM #13

I am hoping that we are not going to see a put down of Gary on BOTS and a build up of Dee as I think she is their winner. It is something I read in the paper about who was betting on her to win, it will all be about money again if this is so. She is top of Oddschecker at the moment with Gary being 2nd.

Last edited by Jules2; 26-08-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 26-08-2014, 09:21 AM #14

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

What i don't get is, the people who support him, claim he does no wrong.. but if everyone in the house except one person, says he's difficult to live with and he's rude etc, surely they can't all be wrong?

Last edited by Liam-; 26-08-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:29 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Was it a food task? I maybe wrong but I thought it was just to do with putting HMs up for eviction.
Yes it was the phobia of information where Dee, Stephanie & Kellie had to answer question. Dee said she thought Gary was wrong about going to BB when Leslie picked him to go to the scrap heap.
Old 26-08-2014, 09:50 AM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
What i don't get is, the people who support him, claim he does no wrong.. but if everyone in the house except one person, says he's difficult to live with and he's rude etc, surely they can't all be wrong?
I don't think he does no wrong. Leaving turds in toilet and not showering often isn't great by anyone's standards but sometimes old people need a bit of understanding for forgetfulness in such things. However in the interactions we are shown, as all I have to go on, I'm not seeing him say anything awful or be nasty to anyone. I am seeing them be ****ty and rude to him though.

Re the question dee was asked about him in the task was she asked if she felt Kelli was wrong for how she reacted as well? However you look at it in this house it seems to be one rule for Gary and another rule for everyone else.
Old 26-08-2014, 09:59 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I don't think he does no wrong. Leaving turds in toilet and not showering often isn't great by anyone's standards but sometimes old people need a bit of understanding for forgetfulness in such things. However in the interactions we are shown, as all I have to go on, I'm not seeing him say anything awful or be nasty to anyone. I am seeing them be ****ty and rude to him though.

Re the question dee was asked about him in the task was she asked if she felt Kelli was wrong for how she reacted as well? However you look at it in this house it seems to be one rule for Gary and another rule for everyone else.
If everyone was being horrible to him, why is Gary having such an amazing time there? he doesn't mention anything about feeling sad that everyone is horrible to him.. in the one instance that he asked James why Stephanie didn't like him, James told him honestly why and Gary was grateful for it.
People do try and help him in there, like when Audley and James helped him into the shower when he was naked, which they didn't have to do but chose to anyway, then stayed there until he got out to make sure he was okay.
When he fell over, everyone in the garden rushed over to him to make sure he was okay, then after he fell over, David went out of his way to help him with ice for his knee and everything, but Gary was rude to him saying that what he had done for him 'wasn't enough' even after he heard and understand David saying that he'd do more for him when he went and laid down on his bed, even after then when David was in the bedroom for him, still going out of his way to help him, Gary said 'Iv'e been doing this for' however many years he said.. so David was right to get in a mood with him, he was trying to help him out after he had hurt himself, only to be dismissed by Gary.. those actions doesn't strike me as a group of people who aren't trying to help someone
Old 26-08-2014, 10:09 AM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Like I've said before, Dee has been paid to spend a lot of time sitting on her ENORMOUS arse thinking about things... so she probably thinks she knows better than people who've had other things to do.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:10 AM #19
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

She was wrong there there's no getting away from it. But the part about the out off body when she says 'that's as maybe' I think he hears 'I don't believe you'.
Old 26-08-2014, 10:13 AM #20

I like Dee but when I watched this last night my first thought was she took the easy/cowards way out in that task, she chose Gary because he was the easy option there and she didn't want to upset any of the other housemates IMO.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:27 AM #21

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
If everyone was being horrible to him, why is Gary having such an amazing time there? he doesn't mention anything about feeling sad that everyone is horrible to him.. in the one instance that he asked James why Stephanie didn't like him, James told him honestly why and Gary was grateful for it.
People do try and help him in there, like when Audley and James helped him into the shower when he was naked, which they didn't have to do but chose to anyway, then stayed there until he got out to make sure he was okay.
When he fell over, everyone in the garden rushed over to him to make sure he was okay, then after he fell over, David went out of his way to help him with ice for his knee and everything, but Gary was rude to him saying that what he had done for him 'wasn't enough' even after he heard and understand David saying that he'd do more for him when he went and laid down on his bed, even after then when David was in the bedroom for him, still going out of his way to help him, Gary said 'Iv'e been doing this for' however many years he said.. so David was right to get in a mood with him, he was trying to help him out after he had hurt himself, only to be dismissed by Gary.. those actions doesn't strike me as a group of people who aren't trying to help someone
When Gary was outside on the task he said to frenchie they all hate me, it hurts my heart. He doesn't have to be self absorbed and melodramatic like Kelli to notice and feel it.

He asked Stephanie to please be nice, she said I am nice to everyone except you because I don't like you.

James trying to help is rude and patronising it isn't done with kindness or genuine cncern what little he does is because BB told him to try to be kind. Behind gary's back he calls him a weirdo and an animal.

And actually if you watch it again what Gary actually said to David was I need more ice than that I've experience of the injury before and it needs to be packed in a lot of ice but David was too busy getting offended to hear and obvs you as a watcher weren't paying attention either.

I am glad if he is managing to have a good time in spite of them but please do open your eyes a bit.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 10:33 AM #22

Quote:
I think people would be very silly to say that anyone of those HMs can do no wrong. None of us are perfect but we do learn tolerance of each other and understanding. If we are wise we talk out a situation, discuss, debate. This lot only mess around, flirt (James trying to get off with Lauren). Do they ever talk about anything worthwhile, are they all still standing by Leslie and is the pool still Leslie's and Gary should not go near it? See the mind boggles and there is so much to see how they just push him away. Why couldnt he sit by the pool as well? It is little things like that which put my back up. Of course Gary isnt perfect.
Old 26-08-2014, 10:39 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I like Dee but when I watched this last night my first thought was she took the easy/cowards way out in that task, she chose Gary because he was the easy option there and she didn't want to upset any of the other housemates IMO.
I agree Josy, she did it twice to him as well this is why he was trying to explain about going to the DR. They will all nominate him asap but let us hope he overcomes as he will be hurt. I can see one or two of the others being hurt as well.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:39 AM #24

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Gary complained because of health reasons. Perfectly good excuse to complain. He was a farm worker, he wouldn't care about being outside otherwise.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 26-08-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:37 PM #25
You know my methods

You know my methods

Dee told him the truth and he did not like it.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dee, gary