Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 28-08-2014, 12:52 AM #1
It's...BENJI!!

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Liz Jones
It's...BENJI!!

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Liz Jones
Default So much dislike for these housemates:(

Edele - v boring
George - annoying
James - just no.
Audley - boring
Lauren - annoying
Ricci - annoying
Claire - boring
Stephanie - bitchy and stuck up
Leslie - so annoying
Kellie - grumpy, annoying, draining etc.

The only ones I don't have a problem with are Gary, Frenchy and Dee however Dee was pissing me off when she had an argument with Gary hmm such a negative series, but that's just my opinion
Benji_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 01:25 AM #2

Edele - Is growing me on me recently. I did find her very boring but that is probably more to do with her not having got much airtime. I liked that she defended Frenchy when she was saying that Frenchy was genuinely worried about burning the food. I also liked that in the disagreement with Gary over who failed the task, that she got her point across calmly without losing her cool and getting angry. She also spoke directly to him, rather than what Dee did where Dee didn't face him so he couldn't hear her/read her lips, and spoke to James talking about what 'he' said this, 'he' did that, I said to 'him' as though Gary wasn't there..

George - My early fave. Seems like a sweet average guy. Although this being said, I am starting to find the flirting with Steph thing boring and irritating. Would like to see a bit more to him than just the cheeky chap side.

James - He has bad points, but I don't dislike him nearly as much as most of the forum seems to. I find his ego a bit amusing, and I also don't think he's all bad either. He just seems very patronising when he 'helps'.

Audley - I've quite liked him from the start. He seems very warm and pretty chilled out and level headed. Would like to see more from him.

Lauren - Hasn't grabbed my interest at all yet. Boring, but maybe just needs a bit longer to see a different side. Might be a nice girl, don't think I've seen her being particularly nasty in there yet.

Ricci - Same as Lauren. Boring but not particularly nasty/bad.

Claire - Warm, funny, friendly. Don't find her boring.

Stephanie - I agree with you about her being bitchy/stuckup.

Leslie - Was one of my early faves. He's very false though. Does he genuinely like anybody in there? Still find him humourous occassionally though. Not the most boring or the worst.

Kellie - Agree. My least favourite in there. Self obsessed, boring, moaning, very unlikeable.

Dee- Thought she came across nice at the start. Not so sure about her now though. She's a bit rude with Gary.

Gary - Enjoying his funny bits. Think I would also struggle to live with him 24/7 though.

Frenchy- Entertaining housemate to watch. Possibly difficult to live with too though I'd imagine.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 06:04 AM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Edele..just seems like a lovely lady and I love the way she deals with things by 'confronting' but in a non confrontational way so people listen to her..she doesn't 'talk at' or 'shout at' or insult...I don't think she'll win because she hasn't got the 'entertainment factor' so much but she doesn't make a big thing about her own personal sadness and yet she's obviously hurting very much and there is no one in there she feels she would talk to...a really nice, balanced person ...

George..it's interesting what PinkPegasus has said because I think he's the 'Chantelle' of this..the most 'Joe Public' but a lot of us loved Chantelle's romance in the house but I agree this one or this thing whatever it is with him and Stephanie just doesn't endear at all for some reason...

James..pompous/self important/self centred but not really 'mean' I don't think..quite insecure and needs to feel his importance more than some others...I did love what he said last night in that the only thing he cared about was Ola's opinion and thoughts...

Audley...I really like him and would like to see more of him, I think he seems like an interesting guy and doesn't seem to 'jump on the bandwagon' which seems such an easy option for housemates...

Lauren...just really doesn't do anything for me but seems ok...

Ricci...there is a housemate called Ricci..?..I'll have to think who he is...

Claire..I've always liked her but am disappointed to see her joining in with the 'mocking' sometimes...I have a feeling if she said 'enough' that other housemates would think about it more how they are with Gary...but yeah still nice really...

Stephanie...much more of a 'viper' than I thought she was...

Leslie...the 'terrible tiny terror'...I still don't mind him, I would rather he shoed his 'balance' than be constantly the 'entertainer' ..he can be nasty and personal when angry but he also seems to at least realise and is often remorseful....

Kellie..she really is confusing...I can't figure her out at all but is very angry at something/bitter...maybe all just too soon for her..?..

Dee....just jumping on the 'bandwagon' again, taking the easy route and disappointing, she had a good start but just seems to now have gone with the 'majority'...

Gary...odd....interesting, confused, baffled and bemused by it all...in his own world which is probably a nice world to be in...

Frenchie...fantastique plastique pink and magnificently emotionally French....

Last edited by Ammi; 28-08-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 06:40 AM #4
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I don't think the problem is one with the housemates... I think it might be one with the editing (I know I say this a lot, LOL, but hear me out)

It does feel that in older series - and not really old series, you need only go as far back as BB13 - the highlights shows were a lot more reflective of the house dynamics as a whole... we got coverage and footage of mundane little interactions and people making jokes and getting to know each other, sharing stories about their pasts etc... the bedroom is usually where this all happened. Housemates in bed, chatting total nonsense.

Today... I don't know if it's just a coincedence but it does feel like all of the highlights are taken up by the most conflict-driven areas of the house: the kitchen, the diary room (usually on air in the living room, too) and the tasks. And what we have as 'light relief' inbetween all of the drama, gossipping and bitching is a bunch of "it's a knockout!" tasks that're really quite boring unless they provoke some moment of mad genius from a housemate they involve...because really, no task in recent memory has been any good... the last one I actively enjoyed was BB14's quarantine task but even that had to get a few gungings in... so as a result, it does feel more like the HLs are just 60% tension/bitching, 20% tasks, 10% showmance and 10% partying. There's no reality to the housemates any more, they're just characters in this long drawn-out clash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dislike, housemates