Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 10-09-2014, 05:01 AM #1

Exclamation James And Dee to go Wednesday (/w serious Gary talk)

First time posting in the forum but I feel that this has to be said. I, like most of you have been following CBB 14 and truly struggle in forming sentences to reciprocate my feelings for the nastiness shown towards Gary. Particularly how bad this pair have treated Gary. It is an absolute travesty that the kindest housemate I have ever witnessed on any Big Brother is treated like the vilest scum by almost everyone else within the house.

I knew little of any of the shows characters when I began watching and I've tried to give many of the housemates the benefit of the doubt. I understand that someone can momentarily be nasty or retort in a way that doesn't truly demonstrate who they are, heck we've all probably done it at some point in our lives and will never know because we don't have a camera following us 24/7.

However I'm now at a breaking point towards Big Brothers leniency with how atrocious he's been treated because it has continued day in and day out, non-*********g-stop. It's arrived to a point where I actually feel awkward following the series, because by watching it, I feel as if I'm justifying their behavior. I feel compelled to watch it for it's conclusion but this is not entertainment, it is downright sickening.

Don't get me wrong, Gary by himself is a comical genius. Even with how he's dealt in and around the arguments which the other housemates have often caused. Yet time after time, they make a mountain out of a mole-hill in almost every scenario involving Gary. The worst part about it is they all use each other when Gary isn't around to cry on each others shoulders and emotionally help themselves to pity. Leaving Gary like usual to fend for himself amongst this pack of wolves.

And we're at a point now where I look down on anyone who would genuinely vote to keep James or Dee in the house. The entertainment card is no longer a justifiable point to keep a pair of bullies in the house, PERIOD. Arguments and banter can be entertaining to watch but its all one-sided because most of the time Gary isn't given a decent chance to speak. All they do is go on about how rude he is whilst being rude to his face. It's utter lunacy to watch, I mean are they so warped that they've fooled themselves into believing they are right? I know many of us always believe ourselves to be right but even then surely nobody normally acts like this towards people they've only known for less than a month.

Their mentality is akin to outright prejudice because they often have no way to justify themselves and devolve most of their arguments into nonsense. Audley and Frenchy were never nasty to Gary but why are they the only ones that have any sense of *********g decency? Audley said that he grew up and understood what prejudice behavior was like because he himself experienced it growing up, due to his colour, and I believe that is why he can see exactly what is going on. I don't blame him for distancing himself since he's playing to win and I hope he's laughing whilst they all verbally crucify themselves. It would be great to see him vouch for Gary but I also don't blame him for not intervening and besides from that he's often never around when most of the arguments happen.

Where do I begin.... To those who believe Gary was wrong in taking his pants off in the Kitchen - did anyone think about the fact that if his knee was in extreme pain then he wouldn't be able to move anyway. It made PERFECT sense for him to sit down and adjust his knee, what do they expect? Gary to *********g crawl to the bathroom? I've read some of the forums where people talk about other members who use the age/brain damage card as their line of defense for Gary. OF COURSE THEY DO, it's a FACT, nobodies making his problems up and he had as much right as ANYONE to enter that house, regardless of his circumstances. Do you think his old age or brain damage just disappears from one time to another? It will be an ongoing cause for most of the houses situations involving him because they have no decency or courtesy to even understand his problems.

Funnily enough I agree with one thing James said all series: "You need to earn respect, you don't just deserve it". Of course the context in which he used it towards Gary was completely misused and untrue but what he said was right. Here's my problem though, respect comes in all different sizes, it is not one simple meaning - an old person can be an asshole, in which case I would have less respect for his personality, but I'll be damned if that means I don't have respect for the situation he is in because of his age. It's as if James thinks no respect should be shown at all, in any way, shape or form simply because he doesn't like his personality and has conflicts of difference.

Don't even get me started about Dee, she's been two-faced the entire series and deserves no respect much like James. On two occasions she's threatened violence towards both Gary and his wife now too which is outrageous. You would have thought that the letter that Gary's wife sent him would have given them a heads up to the **** storm outside the house waiting for them, but no, they aren't intelligent enough to pick up on the subtle messages within the letters. Even Edeles letter had a sly message of respecting Gary in there but it's as if anything involving Gary now sparks more fireworks regardless of the subject.

I'm absolutely ashamed that we have ******s like James and Dee representing the British and Dee even slots right into the a-typical stereotype of the benefit leeches that exist today. Believe me I wanted to like Dee but she has no redeeming factors whatsoever.

The rest of the housemates are vile too, aside from Audley, heck even George and Edele have jumped on the Gary bully bandwagon, though I saw signs of it in early days anyway. Edele seems fairly intelligent because she recently mentioned she see's that Gary can be an easy target but STILL latches onto him to vent which is utter hypocrisy. This is not an act, it is who they are, they might play up towards the cameras, but people living their daily lives together for a month would naturally slide into their own personas. Don't let them fool you for one second...

Despite Lauren being a bit too happy with how much she drinks, I'm glad she stuck up for Gary, because whenever I see it happen even once, it's a cause for celebration. Ricci is just suckling on his Dee moms tit and will follow her like a dog until the end, especially now that he knows he and Lauren won't be happening anytime soon.

I hope Gary or Audley will win but have a feeling George might because the public are deluded and blinded by his bubbly personality. He's by far not the worst housemate but by no means the best either. He's as guilty as the rest of them and it would sicken me just as much to see him win. He tries to make a joke out of everything and I can only think of him like the un-funny jester of the house. He slides away from every single argument and it was great to see Lauren argue with him (though she had no basis of argument whatsoever) and it was interesting to see him squirm under the pressure. He can't deal with it but expects Gary to put up with it constantly? Go ****** yourself as well George.

Last edited by Philanthropite; 10-09-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Philanthropite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:12 AM #2

Exclamation James And Dee to go Wednesday (/w serious Gary talk)

Great post Philanthropite!
Welcome to the forum.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

dont feel sorry for gary, hes running rings round the rest of the HMs
tanussa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:17 AM #4

I think james might actually win.
smileymummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 AM #5

Great first post Philanthropite we sing from the same hymn sheet!!!!

Watch it, though you in some quarters you cannot call James Jordan a bully, you will have the obtuse and the blinkered arguing vehemently against it. Merrily taking the opposite stance and listing all his glowing attributes {cough}

Let's just hope that the correct result is delivered on Friday. Massive boos for the house bullies and a win for Mr Gary Busey.

Last edited by delta; 10-09-2014 at 06:23 AM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:33 AM #6

Hello and Welcome Philanthropite
Good post and I just hope Gary wins on Friday.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:36 AM #7
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

As a member of the public I want to state (clearly) I am not blinded by George's bubbly personality. Neither am I deluded (I hope).
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 AM #8

Hi Philanthropite ,I have just read your excellent post and your thoughts are in line with my own.

I have only just watched last nights show and seeing James picking his scabs ? while sitting opposite Dee who talks with her mouth full of food gives yet another negative insight into a well matched pair of sad human beings.

Gary has used his wisdom and kindness to own the pair of them and both are to shallow to see or understand this.Hopefully the British public will.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 AM #9

What a brilliant essay....I mean post.

No, seriously, I agree with every word.

James and Dee are two of the vilest specimens to be in big brother. Not only should they be leaving tonight, they should be leaving to the kind of reception and grilling that Jade and Jo got when they were bullying Shilpa.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:14 AM #10

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropite View Post
(repost because i tagged it wrong sorry) First time posting in the forum but I feel that this has to be said. I, like most of you have been following CBB 14 and truly struggle in forming sentences to reciprocate my feelings for the nastiness shown towards Gary. Particularly how bad this pair have treated Gary. It is an absolute travesty that the kindest housemate I have ever witnessed on any Big Brother is treated like the vilest scum by almost everyone else within the house.

I knew little of any of the shows characters when I began watching and I've tried to give many of the housemates the benefit of the doubt. I understand that someone can momentarily be nasty or retort in a way that doesn't truly demonstrate who they are, heck we've all probably done it at some point in our lives and will never know because we don't have a camera following us 24/7.

However I'm now at a breaking point towards Big Brothers leniency with how atrocious he's been treated because it has continued day in and day out, non-*********g-stop. It's arrived to a point where I actually feel awkward following the series, because by watching it, I feel as if I'm justifying their behavior. I feel compelled to watch it for it's conclusion but this is not entertainment, it is downright sickening.

Don't get me wrong, Gary by himself is a comical genius. Even with how he's dealt in and around the arguments which the other housemates have often caused. Yet time after time, they make a mountain out of a mole-hill in almost every scenario involving Gary. The worst part about it is they all use each other when Gary isn't around to cry on each others shoulders and emotionally help themselves to pity. Leaving Gary like usual to fend for himself amongst this pack of wolves.

And we're at a point now where I look down on anyone who would genuinely vote to keep James or Dee in the house. The entertainment card is no longer a justifiable point to keep a pair of bullies in the house, PERIOD. Arguments and banter can be entertaining to watch but its all one-sided because most of the time Gary isn't given a decent chance to speak. All they do is go on about how rude he is whilst being rude to his face. It's utter lunacy to watch, I mean are they so warped that they've fooled themselves into believing they are right? I know many of us always believe ourselves to be right but even then surely nobody normally acts like this towards people they've only known for less than a month.

Their mentality is akin to outright prejudice because they often have no way to justify themselves and devolve most of their arguments into nonsense. Audley and Frenchy were never nasty to Gary but why are they the only ones that have any sense of *********g decency? Audley said that he grew up and understood what prejudice behavior was like because he himself experienced it growing up, due to his colour, and I believe that is why he can see exactly what is going on. I don't blame him for distancing himself since he's playing to win and I hope he's laughing whilst they all verbally crucify themselves. It would be great to see him vouch for Gary but I also don't blame him for not intervening and besides from that he's often never around when most of the arguments happen.

Where do I begin.... To those who believe Gary was wrong in taking his pants off in the Kitchen - did anyone think about the fact that if his knee was in extreme pain then he wouldn't be able to move anyway. It made PERFECT sense for him to sit down and adjust his knee, what do they expect? Gary to *********g crawl to the bathroom? I've read some of the forums where people talk about other members who use the age/brain damage card as their line of defense for Gary. OF COURSE THEY DO, it's a FACT, nobodies making his problems up and he had as much right as ANYONE to enter that house, regardless of his circumstances. Do you think his old age or brain damage just disappears from one time to another? It will be an ongoing cause for most of the houses situations involving him because they have no decency or courtesy to even understand his problems.

Funnily enough I agree with one thing James said all series: "You need to earn respect, you don't just deserve it". Of course the context in which he used it towards Gary was completely misused and untrue but what he said was right. Here's my problem though, respect comes in all different sizes, it is not one simple meaning - an old person can be an asshole, in which case I would have less respect for his personality, but I'll be damned if that means I don't have respect for the situation he is in because of his age. It's as if James thinks no respect should be shown at all, in any way, shape or form simply because he doesn't like his personality and has conflicts of difference.

Don't even get me started about Dee, she's been two-faced the entire series and deserves no respect much like James. On two occasions she's threatened violence towards both Gary and his wife now too which is outrageous. You would have thought that the letter that Gary's wife sent him would have given them a heads up to the **** storm outside the house waiting for them, but no, they aren't intelligent enough to pick up on the subtle messages within the letters. Even Edeles letter had a sly message of respecting Gary in there but it's as if anything involving Gary now sparks more fireworks regardless of the subject.

I'm absolutely ashamed that we have ******s like James and Dee representing the British and Dee even slots right into the a-typical stereotype of the benefit leeches that exist today. Believe me I wanted to like Dee but she has no redeeming factors whatsoever.

The rest of the housemates are vile too, aside from Audley, heck even George and Edele have jumped on the Gary bully bandwagon, though I saw signs of it in early days anyway. Edele seems fairly intelligent because she recently mentioned she see's that Gary can be an easy target but STILL latches onto him to vent which is utter hypocrisy. This is not an act, it is who they are, they might play up towards the cameras, but people living their daily lives together for a month would naturally slide into their own personas. Don't let them fool you for one second...

Despite Lauren being a bit too happy with how much she drinks, I'm glad she stuck up for Gary, because whenever I see it happen even once, it's a cause for celebration. Ricci is just suckling on his Dee moms tit and will follow her like a dog until the end, especially now that he knows he and Lauren won't be happening anytime soon.

I hope Gary or Audley will win but have a feeling George might because the public are deluded and blinded by his bubbly personality. He's by far not the worst housemate but by no means the best either. He's as guilty as the rest of them and it would sicken me just as much to see him win. He tries to make a joke out of everything and I can only think of him like the un-funny jester of the house. He slides away from every single argument and it was great to see Lauren argue with him (though she had no basis of argument whatsoever) and it was interesting to see him squirm under the pressure. He can't deal with it but expects Gary to put up with it constantly? Go ****** yourself as well George.
and Hello

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:15 AM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

A great first post Philanthropite and welcome to the Forum!!!

Hopefully karma will prevail and the right American Legend of the Big Screen will take the win! He's certainly earned it with the crap he's had to go through in there, especially after the way he handled it all with such a fantastic attitude, never rising to the provocation! He truly is a wonderful man and should be an example to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymummy View Post
I think james might actually win.
In your dreams maybe but in the Real World this will not be happening!!!! He might make the top four if he's lucky but far too many people think he's a an absolute asshole for him to ever win!

I guess it's time to 'think' again sonny jim!

I predict (with incredible certainty!) that the winners name will begin with the letter 'G', end with the letter 'Y' and those two letters will be joined by the letters 'AR' in the middle!
Wonder who that could be ?

I really hope Audley's gets the runner up position behind our main man! They're the only two real examples of men left in there and they deserve it so much!

Those two sat next to each other in an otherwise empty house (after the trash has been removed!) awaiting Emma's announcement will be the best CBB final two moment EVER!!!!!!

Last edited by JTM45; 10-09-2014 at 07:23 AM.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:16 AM #12

Yep, we could all just turn off the program and let it end ingloriously, but we don't.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:22 AM #13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropite View Post
(repost because i tagged it wrong sorry) First time posting in the forum but I feel that this has to be said. I, like most of you have been following CBB 14 and truly struggle in forming sentences to reciprocate my feelings for the nastiness shown towards Gary. Particularly how bad this pair have treated Gary. It is an absolute travesty that the kindest housemate I have ever witnessed on any Big Brother is treated like the vilest scum by almost everyone else within the house.

Superb. You echo every sentiment I have. Welcome and thank you.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:24 AM #14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
A great first post Philanthropite and welcome to the Forum!!!

Hopefully karma will prevail and the right American Legend of the Big Screen will take the win! He's certainly earned it with the crap he's had to go through in there, especially after the way he handled it all with such a fantastic attitude, never rising to the provocation! He truly is a wonderful man and should be an example to all.

In your dreams maybe but in the Real World this will not be happening!!!! He might make the top four if he's lucky but far too many people think he's a an absolute asshole for him to ever win!

I guess it's time to 'think' again sonny jim!

I predict (with incredible certainty!) that the winners name will begin with the letter 'G', end with the letter 'Y' and those two letters will be joined by the letters 'AR' in the middle!
Wonder who that could be ?

I really hope Audley's gets the runner up position behind our main man! They're the only two real examples of men left in there and they deserve it so much!

Those two sat next to each other in an otherwise empty house (after the trash has been removed!) awaiting Emma's announcement will be the best CBB final two moment EVER!!!!!!
Brilliantly put. I'm praying for a Gary, Audley 1-2.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:26 AM #15
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Welcome Philanthropite and thanks too for a brilliant opening post. A really great read and all true too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:42 AM #16
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi

Philanthropite welcome to the forum �� brilliant post and I totally agree. Bravo

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:44 AM #17

It seems that viewers don't care so much that Gary be spared "suffering" - more that they get to see the hero win in the end and the villains lose.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:14 AM #18

Welcome to the forum. Excellent post.

Let That Which Dwells in the Darkness

Be Brought Into The Light
Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 AM #19

James is someone who I would never associate myself with in the real world, But to call anyone else a bully is wrong, Gary should have been wearing underpants, I mean WTF lol . Dee didn't actually react that badly to him getting nude, she just loudly said to James to 'sort it out' and then explained to him what was wrong which is completely fair. People are getting this mixed up with the much more volatile later argument, but are conveniently forgetting that Gary was at fault because he was (wrongly) convinced that Dee had called him bitter, when she had agreed the opposite that he was NOT bitter. BUT alas the people on here will forever be defending Gary.
MrPing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:32 AM #20

Great post philanthropite my sentiments exactly such rude arrogant people
I also want Gary and Audrey in the last 2 hope dee goes tonite
nina73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:30 AM #21

This is why BB is going down the pan.i think people lose all sense of perspective when watching it nowadays. I am sure it took you a long time to write this but. I have to say I totally disagree with it. This is not the real world we are watching. It is a heavily edited entertainment show with tasks and set up situations that are designed to cause conflict. We only get to see snippets that they want to show us and this is then condensed down into 45 minutes out of the 24 hours.

Now we have no live feed we can only base our assumptions on what the editors select to show us. This is my gripe with BB now as it is turning more into a scripted reality show rather than the game it should be. Housemates are given far too much input and tasks are designed to cause conflict. They always have to have their villains and their victim.

The public find their victim and then support them no matter what. In this case it is Gary. He can do no wrong despite the fact that, in the back of our minds, we know from evicted housemates etc that is not the case. Then his behaviour is excused because he is old, brain damaged etc etc. I think Mr Busey himself would be quite disappointed to find that he is being likened to some frail, senile old fool who needs a carer to look after him. I credit him with far more intelligence than that and happen to think he is very aware of what he is doing. It is quite obvious he speaks and behaves differently in the diary room to when he is around the other housemates.

For me I will be voting my winner based on who has entertained me the most in the house and no other reason.

Last edited by Trasadkel1; 10-09-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM #22
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

No deal, buddy! Gary to win!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasadkel1 View Post
This is why BB is going down the pan.i think people lose all sense of perspective when watching it nowadays. I am sure it took you a long time to write this but. I have to say I totally disagree with it. This is not the real world we are watching. It is a heavily edited entertainment show with tasks and set up situations that are designed to cause conflict. We only get to see snippets that they want to show us and this is then condensed down into 45 minutes out of the 24 hours.

Now we have no live feed we can only base our assumptions on what the editors select to show us. This is my gripe with BB now as it is turning more into a scripted reality show rather than the game it should be. Housemates are given far too much input and tasks are designed to cause conflict. They always have to have their villains and their victim.

The public find their victim and then support them no matter what. In this case it is Gary. He can do no wrong despite the fact that, in the back of our minds, we know from evicted housemates etc that is not the case. Then his behaviour is excused because he is old, brain damaged etc etc. I think Mr Busey himself would be quite disappointed to find that he is being likened to some frail, senile old fool who needs a carer to look after him. I credit him with far more intelligence than that and happen to think he is very aware of what he is doing. It is quite obvious he speaks and behaves differently in the diary room to when he is around the other housemates.

For me I will be voting my winner based on who has entertained me the most in the house and no other reason.
This for me is where you make the mistake of assuming that fans of Gary think he can do no wrong. I think most Gary fans know he can be difficult to live with, i dont know many that have said otherwise. The main thing is the HM's are not tolerant of his hearing difficulty which he admitted himself must wear thin but the bitching & sometimes down right nasty comments made behind his back and too his face because he has either said or done something they do not approve of is awful. There is no need for them to be like that with him. As Edele said, when you are frustrated/annoyed Gary is the easy option to take it out on. He gets support because not only is he a great HM he is also been treated badly by people who should know better.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 AM #24
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
This for me is where you make the mistake of assuming that fans of Gary think he can do no wrong. I think most Gary fans know he can be difficult to live with, i dont know many that have said otherwise. The main thing is the HM's are not tolerant of his hearing difficulty which he admitted himself must wear thin but the bitching & sometimes down right nasty comments made behind his back and too his face because he has either said or done something they do not approve of is awful. There is no need for them to be like that with him. As Edele said, when you are frustrated/annoyed Gary is the easy option to take it out on. He gets support because not only is he a great HM he is also been treated badly by people who should know better.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
But he purposely goes out of his way to be awkward and rude and if he is also pushing people and causing hygiene issues in there then they have a right to call him up on it. I haven't seen anyone purposely being nasty to him in there. I think, in most cases, they have treated it quite well considering. The trouble is he talks over them and says things that escalate the argument further. I would love to see how all these perfect people would react to living with him if they were in there 24/7. It would be enough to try the patience of a saint. I won't even touch on the hygiene issues that they have had to put up with:/
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
Audley Harrison, busey, dee, Dee Kelly, Edele Lynch, gary, Gary Busey, james, james jordan