Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-09-2014, 08:33 AM #1

Default school 9-5 debate "Michael Rosen"

school 9-5 debate "Michael Rosen" 17.09.14

the children will not smile
but mum and dad will cherish
on a loop they can watch "Jeremy vile"
a few more hours with the "brat" vanish.
is it fair on the teacher
leaving and going home in the dark
will the children see them as a non stop "preacher"
with extra lessons and more work where is the time to "mark".
i admit there is a malfunction
with this statement i will get a tick
but go back to the problem junction
there is a way to stop children leaving school thick.
cut out all the bureaucracy
its all to do with discipline
this will counter act truancy
2 birds with 1 stone and results are rippling.
we need smaller classes
building new schools is the target
more time on on each pupil will result in passes
education must grow more then the housing market.
i did not take heed
with my words its now my drive
unlike a stone and squeezing a bleed
because children are children and that's why i object to a nine to five.

( i am going to try and get this to Michael Rosen and i bet the reply will be - i need to go back to school. i did watch him this morning and i feel he is a great ambassador for children and getting them into books and learning and this is the way it needs to be done. i feel the failure has happened with the lack of discipline in schools which started about a decade ago when everyone wanted to be politically correct. we are now reaping what we sew and this is why children are leaving school and ending up like me - unemployed with allot of time on my hands writing these riddles trying to be clever. sorry got to go - off to make some bread. if you want to find out a bit more about this great man you can here http://www.michaelrosen.co.uk/ or if you want to see my inspiration you can see the interview here, where you can see me and mr Michael are on the same page http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritai...ol-from-9-to-5 )
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 09:34 AM #2
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..there was only a small part of that interview there, Joe...but I think you and I will have to differ on this one...school days usually end around 3-4pm and teaching staff don’t go home once their pupils have left...with the ones I know, most go home around two hours after the ‘school day’ has ended..because they have things to discuss from their day which they can’t during lesson time/parents who may wish to speak to them/the next day’s lessons to prepare etc...so their working day ends at around 5-6pm and often later if they have meetings etc or a course/training to attend as those are often also after a ‘school day’ to be more convenient than having to get a supply teacher if they were during lesson time...even with extended days, they would still need the time they do now...the non pupil time’....so they would maybe leave school at around 7-8pm...?...and then have to feel refreshed for their next day to be able to give their children what they need..this seem to me that it would really have quite a negative effect on ‘quality’ and wouldn’t be beneficial to either teacher or student....

..it would also stretch the very little resources that education already gets to have to pay those teaching staff for longer days and that could only as I see it, be more detrimental on what's available already to those children and could only be a negative...there are however many schools who already run homework clubs after school a few evenings a week for older children to help give them the environment they need to do homework...and also many after schools which are part of pre-school/playgroups...a lot of those couldn't survive financially without those after and pre school clubs for children, which are run from around 8am and up until 6pm and also provide a great 'homework' environment as well as being great for working parents...I think many would sadly have to close...anyway those are my initial thoughts atm but it would be interesting to have seen the whole interview....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 08:37 PM #3

ammi we are crossed - i agree 9 - 5 is way to long for children and staff and i say keep it the way it is.

there you go i said it with out a riddle - that is what i tryed to say in my poem.

are we now on the same page ?
Old 17-09-2014, 08:45 PM #4

yes but at 3:30PM
the kids can relax more

9-5PM is the best way
Hog

Last edited by arista; 17-09-2014 at 08:45 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 09:01 PM #5

you are taking there childhood.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
95, debate, michael rosen, school