Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here 2014 Discuss series 14 of ITV's jungle reality show, shown November 2014, which was won by Carl Fogarty.

Old 28-11-2014, 10:56 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default Why dont they listen

As time goes by, reality shows are changing and the people that run these shows just ignore everyone. The public not only support these shows but are the main reason why the show is being produced. I cant believe that the shows producers don't listen to the public views.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have some public interaction on these shows. Every year BB and CBB are being debated on this forum and some great ideas and some viable gripes are discussed yet nothing is done. The same can be said of IAC, every year someone ruins it and yet the same old crap gets circulated day after day.

A specific group of radicals are cropping up like the Speidi's and make a fortune out of ruining the show for their own aims, yet the producers keep searching them out. Why in heavens would anyone want someone like Kendra to go on this show is a mystery. They knew she would hog the cameras, they knew she was a petulant idiot, they knew she would piss people off and the must have known she would cause controversy, so why did they put her in.....THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE.....

The producers want controversy and the fights but year after year they miss something, mainly the shows ethos and what it stands for. Why do we watch.....The trials make us squirm, the laughing at people suffering suits some of us, watching celebs getting their just deserts is another reason, championing our fvs is another and finally Ant and Dec carry the show and are funny.

What we don't want is to be pissed off by a petulant slack Alice nobody from a foreign land ruining the show for her own aims, yet we get it year in year out. WHY CANT THEY LISTEN TO THE GBP and change accordingly. Its mind-blowingly numb and stinks of apathy by people not knowing what they should be doing and don't care about the very people that pay their wages.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 11:03 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Correction, that's not what 'we' want, that's what you want.

I enjoy the Americans more often than not.

Last edited by Liam-; 28-11-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 11:37 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):

Janice Dickinson was amazing and so is Kendra
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 12:23 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_ View Post
Janice Dickinson was amazing and so is Kendra
Janice and Kendra are both in my top 5 favourite camp mates <3
Old 28-11-2014, 01:06 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Janice is number 1 tbh followed by Gillian and Helen and then Kendra
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 01:39 PM #6

They still pull in large audiences after 12 years so clearly they're doing something that a lot of people want to see.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 03:32 PM #7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Janice and Kendra are both in my top 5 favourite camp mates <3
This - 1,000% I love 'ballsy' women.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 03:40 PM #8
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
As time goes by, reality shows are changing and the people that run these shows just ignore everyone. The public not only support these shows but are the main reason why the show is being produced. I cant believe that the shows producers don't listen to the public views.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have some public interaction on these shows. Every year BB and CBB are being debated on this forum and some great ideas and some viable gripes are discussed yet nothing is done. The same can be said of IAC, every year someone ruins it and yet the same old crap gets circulated day after day.

A specific group of radicals are cropping up like the Speidi's and make a fortune out of ruining the show for their own aims, yet the producers keep searching them out. Why in heavens would anyone want someone like Kendra to go on this show is a mystery. They knew she would hog the cameras, they knew she was a petulant idiot, they knew she would piss people off and the must have known she would cause controversy, so why did they put her in.....THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE.....

The producers want controversy and the fights but year after year they miss something, mainly the shows ethos and what it stands for. Why do we watch.....The trials make us squirm, the laughing at people suffering suits some of us, watching celebs getting their just deserts is another reason, championing our fvs is another and finally Ant and Dec carry the show and are funny.

What we don't want is to be pissed off by a petulant slack Alice nobody from a foreign land ruining the show for her own aims, yet we get it year in year out. WHY CANT THEY LISTEN TO THE GBP and change accordingly. Its mind-blowingly numb and stinks of apathy by people not knowing what they should be doing and don't care about the very people that pay their wages.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 03:41 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
This - 1,000% I love 'ballsy' women.
It's just a shame that the majority of Britain see ballsy women as superbitches, especially if they're American
Old 28-11-2014, 03:53 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post

Unless you are a fantastically large person and live in 30 million households at the same time,you are not 'The Great British Public' are you, and the last time I knew,this was a Democracy,not a Dictatorship,so you cannot speakfor the GBP' can you,only yourself.

I'm a member of the GBP and I love Kendra and other people like her, so thank God your dictatorial rulings carry no more weight than my opinion and you can't impose your ideal of TV viewing on me.

The TV has an 'off button' and other channels to tune to so you're not forced to watch these shows - or Kendra - if she bothers you so much.

You even ask; "Why do we watch" - Well? Why do you?
Old 28-11-2014, 03:55 PM #11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
It's just a shame that the majority of Britain see ballsy women as superbitches, especially if they're American
I don't even think it is the 'majority of Britain' Liam, I think it's the 'Minority' claiming to speak for the majority.
Old 28-11-2014, 11:52 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

i disagree i dont think ALL AMERICANS ruin the show but people like Kendra do and i hate how she struts around like she's something when im pretty sure she could of walked down any street in the UK and nobody would recognise her she's a playboy model of many and doesn't stand out and isn't talented whatsoever
and her voice grates on me

My fav american was Alfonso from last year i felt he did bring something to the show and was a great guy. but its ashame over the years IAC hasn't exactly picked the most exciting token americans

Last edited by GoldHeart; 28-11-2014 at 11:54 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 12:32 AM #13

As I thought for some time now, this show isn't very entertaining, its got very few real celebs and I think the winner has already been decided
But reality shows rarely listen to the public, just like BB we are treated with contempt, just put anything on it'll be watched
coco the clown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 12:45 AM #14
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco the clown View Post
As I thought for some time now, this show isn't very entertaining, its got very few real celebs and I think the winner has already been decided
But reality shows rarely listen to the public, just like BB we are treated with contempt, just put anything on it'll be watched
The shows execs do the same thing every year, they promote the person they feel will offer them some future airtime on spin off shows and generally someone easily managed. You only need to look at the last 5 or 6 winners, they are always available for interviews, promos and bit part sidelines used to promote the show.

This years easy pickings would be Jimmy or maybe Jake so we will see what transpires there but it is my feeling that the airtime and the edits are strongly done in favour of Jimmy. I want Mel to win but my financial investment wedge is firmly in the Jimmy court. I cant see him loosing, or should I dare to say that I cant see the producers badly editing him but Jake is cheap and could be a find for the prods as he is a malleable puppet.

They are editing him out now so he doesent peak too soon and then there will be the inevitable romance between him and the slapper which always gets the pulse racing and the votes flooding in.
Old 29-11-2014, 12:51 AM #15

I have to agree you make a lot of sense, but sadly I believed Kendra will 'win' after all you need to remember if she does win all the Americans will be only to pleased to go in next year (sadly!)
I do hope I'm wrong about this
Old 29-11-2014, 01:02 AM #16
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

worry not, Kendra has more chance of winning than I have of growing another leg. she wont get to the finals
Old 29-11-2014, 01:27 AM #17

You could be right, hopefully we might get a worthy celeb win this year, but I don't like the idea its already been decided, I fear that's the case
On the other hand, if Kendra dies win you'll be famous as the 3 legged human lol!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
listen