Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-01-2015, 08:40 PM #1

Default IS have murdered the Jordanian Pilot (Burnt Alive)

http://news.sky.com/story/1418955/ja...e-murder-video

sad news the japan hostage was killed

Link for Kizzy
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...age-kenji-goto

Last edited by arista; 03-02-2015 at 05:28 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 08:45 PM #2
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Horrific. I cannot wait for the day that they get what they deserve.
Old 31-01-2015, 09:04 PM #3

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Inevitable I thnk.

Murdering scum.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 11:27 PM #4
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

They seem to want muslims hated worldwide.
Old 31-01-2015, 11:36 PM #5
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post

Won't make much difference in Japan - they already hate everyone except themselves and white people. The only significant non-Japanese groups living in Japan are Korean and Chinese. But Japanese people hate them, too.

(I am not being flippant with this, multiculturalism is genuinely not a "thing" in Japan).
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 11:38 PM #6
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

Oh for gods sake, when will people learn that more coverage and attention means they continue?? just ban people from entering these countries and stop giving them money

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 11:49 PM #7
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Won't make much difference in Japan - they already hate everyone except themselves and white people. The only significant non-Japanese groups living in Japan are Korean and Chinese. But Japanese people hate them, too.

(I am not being flippant with this, multiculturalism is genuinely not a "thing" in Japan).
You seem to have a pretty racist attitude towards the japanese. I'm guessing you've never met anyone from japan.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:17 AM #8
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You seem to have a pretty racist attitude towards the japanese. I'm guessing you've never met anyone from japan.
I thought this too - unless anyone has been in japan and/or studied japanese society they can not make a judgement like that

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Old 01-02-2015, 12:21 AM #9
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Oh don't worry it's already happened.

It's a shame really as I have known quite a few nice and moderate Muslims, but for some reason their higher ups in the Religion brainwash a good chunk of their followers into thinking that none practicing Muslims are the enemy, it's a really sad sight to see and now two innocent people have lost their lives because of it.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
I thought this too - unless anyone has been in japan and/or studied japanese society they can not make a judgement like that
The only thing that I've heard about the Japanese is that some of them get scared when seeing a foreigner on the street, it might just be a case of that the people aren't used to it though because 90% of the country is Japanese people.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 01-02-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:34 AM #11
-

-

Quote:
It's pretty well known to be the case...
Old 01-02-2015, 12:35 AM #12
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's pretty well known to be the case...
don't believe stereotypes and rumours.

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 01-02-2015, 12:51 AM #13
-

-

Quote:
don't believe stereotypes and rumours.
It's not "stereotypes and rumours", it is an established and problematic issue in Japanese society. I am not saying that all Japanese people are racist, all I'm saying is that there is already a high level of cultural xenophobia within Japan, and while these terrorist incidents obviously won't help matters, they certainly won't be the "start" of anything.

It honestly would not be hard for you to look some of this up for yourself. It's not "gossip", Ffs, it's a major problem faced by foreigners trying to live and work in Japan. You can't just dismiss it as hearsay because you'd rather it wasn't true.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 01-02-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:28 AM #14

Quote:
It's not "stereotypes and rumours", it is an established and problematic issue in Japanese society. I am not saying that all Japanese people are racist, all I'm saying is that there is already a high level of cultural xenophobia within Japan, and while these terrorist incidents obviously won't help matters, they certainly won't be the "start" of anything.

It honestly would not be hard for you to look some of this up for yourself. It's not "gossip", Ffs, it's a major problem faced by foreigners trying to live and work in Japan. You can't just dismiss it as hearsay because you'd rather it wasn't true.
Yet another atrocious act of evil by these Islamic extremist monsters against yet another innocent, helpless human being, and yet another trio of posts on a thread specifically about this act of barbarism, which make no comment about it and makes no condemnation of it, but instead attacks the Japanese with unwarranted and unfounded accusations of racism and xenophobia.

Just for the record: This is not a personal attack on you, but merely legitimate comment on the nature and content of your posts.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:33 AM #15

Quote:
"You seem to have a pretty racist attitude towards the japanese. I'm guessing you've never met anyone from japan."

QUOTE: Originally Posted by JoshBB
"I thought this too - unless anyone has been in japan and/or studied japanese society they can not make a judgement like that"

Last edited by kirklancaster; 01-02-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:45 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
What else can we expect from these demonic murdering bastards?

Their prophet waged offensive wars and fought more than 78 historic battles of which only one - the Battle of Ditch - was a defensive war, and during which wars, millions were either beheaded, or slaughtered in other ways upon his command.

Their Quran contains over 109 verses that command Muslims to wage war with non-Muslims for the sake of Islamic rule. Among such orders are commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill any infidels who will not convert to Islam.

What else can we expect?

Last edited by kirklancaster; 01-02-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:14 AM #17
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Yet another atrocious act of evil by these Islamic extremist monsters against yet another innocent, helpless human being, and yet another trio of posts on a thread specifically about this act of barbarism, which make no comment about it and makes no condemnation of it, but instead attacks the Japanese with unwarranted and unfounded accusations of racism and xenophobia.
Hmmm OK most of that is actually fair enough, looking back. I should have at least included acknowledgement that I do agree that another innocent person being murdered is horrific. Of course it's horrific. It almost goes without saying. It's not like I read the thread and didn't think it awful - I just find very little worth in simply posting on a thread to offer up another "me too", "me too", "and me" post and then something else catches my eye and I go off on a tangent.

I can actually appreciate, on reflection, that there's an issue of it not being the "time or place" to go on such tangents and so for that I apologise.

I will even therefore accept "unwarranted" even, given that this was an inappropriate thread.

However, now that it's out there, I have to reiterate again that it is not "unfounded" at all. I actually love Japanese culture, have done since my early teens... It is a unique and fascinating culture: a beautiful mixed bag of the very traditional and the ultra modern. It is however, nothing at all like Western culture. In this world, that usually means "backwards". With Japan, it genuinely just means "totally different". Also, my best friend's brother studied and worked there for 3 years, I've heard many first hand accounts from him, again not scathing - you won't meet anyone who loves Japan more - just fascinating.

I would recommend anyone to do some reading and study on Japan, both historical and modern. You won't regret spending time learning about the country. Like I said, I adore Japanese culture, I am certainly not slating or attacking the Japanese. But if you do happen to properly look into it... I absolutely promise you that you will encounter lots (and lots) of discussion about the issues with diversity and acceptance within Japan. It's not an attack, it's just a fact. Japan is nearly 99% Japanese by birth and the small communities of Chinese and Koreans that make up almost the whole of the extra % are not well accepted or integrated. Muslim population is 0.0005%. Again though, people are free to check all of this out for themselves? There IS an issue with Xenophobia within Japan. This is NOT and attack or a condemnation, it's a simple observation. Again I will conceed though - wrong place and time to have commented on it.

Quote:
Just for the record: This is not a personal attack on you, but merely legitimate comment on the nature and content of your posts.
Yes Kirk I appreciate that, you managed to completely avoid name-calling! Perhaps we are evolving.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:36 AM #18

Quote:
Hmmm OK most of that is actually fair enough, looking back. I should have at least included acknowledgement that I do agree that another innocent person being murdered is horrific. Of course it's horrific. It almost goes without saying. It's not like I read the thread and didn't think it awful - I just find very little worth in simply posting on a thread to offer up another "me too", "me too", "and me" post and then something else catches my eye and I go off on a tangent.

I can actually appreciate, on reflection, that there's an issue of it not being the "time or place" to go on such tangents and so for that I apologise.

I will even therefore accept "unwarranted" even, given that this was an inappropriate thread.

However, now that it's out there, I have to reiterate again that it is not "unfounded" at all. I actually love Japanese culture, have done since my early teens... It is a unique and fascinating culture: a beautiful mixed bag of the very traditional and the ultra modern. It is however, nothing at all like Western culture. In this world, that usually means "backwards". With Japan, it genuinely just means "totally different". Also, my best friend's brother studied and worked there for 3 years, I've heard many first hand accounts from him, again not scathing - you won't meet anyone who loves Japan more - just fascinating.

I would recommend anyone to do some reading and study on Japan, both historical and modern. You won't regret spending time learning about the country. Like I said, I adore Japanese culture, I am certainly not slating or attacking the Japanese. But if you do happen to properly look into it... I absolutely promise you that you will encounter lots (and lots) of discussion about the issues with diversity and acceptance within Japan. It's not an attack, it's just a fact. Japan is nearly 99% Japanese by birth and the small communities of Chinese and Koreans that make up almost the whole of the extra % are not well accepted or integrated. Muslim population is 0.0005%. Again though, people are free to check all of this out for themselves? There IS an issue with Xenophobia within Japan. This is NOT and attack or a condemnation, it's a simple observation. Again I will conceed though - wrong place and time to have commented on it.

Yes Kirk I appreciate that, you managed to completely avoid name-calling! Perhaps we are evolving.
It is my intention from now on T.S. that we do remain civil, and I thank you for responding civilly.

I also accept your explanation, and will concede that that your reasons for your stance on Japan was due to your personal knowledge and not intended to be an attack.

Finally, I will admit that, had you condemned this latest terrorist atrocity and it had not been an 'oversight', it would have tempered my reaction.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:07 AM #19

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

Old 03-02-2015, 05:04 PM #20

the 2nd hostage was burned alive in a cage
by Evil IS

New video

http://news.sky.com/story/1420656/is...alive-in-video

Last edited by arista; 03-02-2015 at 05:13 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:14 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
the 2nd hostagwas burned alive
by Evil IS

New video

http://news.sky.com/story/1420656/is...alive-in-video
We are all beyond hope. I detest these demons and all those who appease them and make excuses for them and refuse to condemn them.

"Eloi, eloi, lama sabachthani"

Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM #22

Bloody hell. I ****ing stumbled across the pics.

Torture or death by Fire is literally prohibited in Bukhari and Nasai and yet they continue to be contradictory pricks that are doing nothing but bad for "their religion".

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:42 PM #23
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

They're gonna regret messing with Japan
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:42 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Hang on a minute..........just because the Japanese don't want their Country turned into a cesspit of steaming Multiculturalism, doesn't mean they HATE everyone.

It just means they value their way of life it is harmonious and peaceful and they relish their customs and culture and have no burning ambition to invite every other Culture, race and religion from God's good Earth to move in with them....ffs

Last edited by Nedusa; 03-02-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:43 PM #25

Favourites:

Favourites:

Words about fail me, at least, words that are printable.

Beheading is barbaric, but burning someone alive is pure evil.
That poor man must have suffered beyond belief.

To call these people animals would be an insult to animals.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
goto, hostage, japan, kenji, murdered