Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM #1

Default Israel has said he will take on Iran alone

The Israel PM
yesterday said In the USA Congress
he will take on Iran on his own.

Thats Very Noble of you
but make sure you know
when You Fire a Nuke
at Iran
you know what the feck you are doing fella.

http://news.sky.com/story/1437832/ne...hreatens-world

Note: Its good to have a Bunker

Last edited by arista; 04-03-2015 at 07:41 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:43 AM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Yeah..... That ain't gonna happen anytime soon
Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Yeah..... That ain't gonna happen anytime soon

I am glad you are out there checking on Each Nation.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:47 AM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

They would need the help of the US to do this and the US is trying to make political progress with Iran not help Israel bomb them back to the Stone Age .
Old 04-03-2015, 08:06 AM #5

Quote:
They would need the help of the US to do this and the US is trying to make political progress with Iran not help Israel bomb them back to the Stone Age .

I watched his speech Live
he knows that out going President
is not on his side,

He said because of that he will take on Iran
Alone,

He has his own Nuke Missiles
America has No control over him firing one

Last edited by arista; 04-03-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 AM #6

Nedusa
in both WW1 and WW2
things happened Fast at the start.

The fact he has said he will Nuke them
tells me he will get Nuked

Its very Complex out there
Old 04-03-2015, 08:46 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

First of all nobody's nuking anybody.

Israel have not got any real reason to attack Iran, Pre-emptive strikes on a Country that may attack you in the future is no excuse. you are the attacker pure and simple.

Israel does not have the Military capability to successfully fight a war against Iran and would need America's help.

After humiliating President Obama by going straight to Congress, Netanyahu has made a strategic blunder. Embarrassing the office of the President of the United States is not a wise move and will have serious Political ramifications.

Many Democratic Congressmen and women boycotted the speech and this action has divided Politicians across party lines.

President Obama is justifiably furious and will push for talks with Iran regardless of this ill advised stunt.

Iran will be emboldened and so negotiating with them will be even more difficult.

This pompous fool has done nothing to help anyone, he has not helped the Israeli public with this action as the strategic relationship with the US is fracturing (irrespective of what he spouts).

So all in all an ill judged, stupid Political stunt that has backfired badly on him and will have far reaching Geopolitical consequences.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:50 AM #8
-

-

If other countries can REALLY REALLY REALLY keep out of it (would never happen), then I say... yeah why not. Could be good for a giggle. Give them both a few nukes. Might make the superpowers less likely to ever escalate to nuclear war if Israel and Iran turn into a couple of radioactive craters...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Israel have an advanced military with excellent US trained pilots but i think they are either over confident or just talking big because defeating Iran would not be as easy as he's making out.It would be a very long and bloody conflict.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:54 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
If other countries can REALLY REALLY REALLY keep out of it (would never happen), then I say... yeah why not. Could be good for a giggle. Give them both a few nukes. Might make the superpowers less likely to ever escalate to nuclear war if Israel and Iran turn into a couple of radioactive craters...
Old 04-03-2015, 08:56 AM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 AM #12
-

-

Quote:
Well is no one else sick of all the posturing and war-talk?? It's like at school,

"Jimmy's going to fight Bob! He is! After school at the park! Really! I bet Bob could kick Jimmy's arse! Nah, maybe Jimmy will win, Jimmy does karate!!! After school! At the park, guys! At the park! A fight! Srsly really!"

Then everyone troops to the park after school and there is never a fight. Or there's a bit of pushing and shoving and everyone goes home. And then the next day it's all talk again, Jimmy threatening to beat up Bob, Bob saying he'll get his "mental" big brother involved... and again... nothing.

If Jimmy and Bob would just get down to business and knock seven shades of **** out of each other, then maybe everyone would stop talking about it...
Old 04-03-2015, 09:21 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well is no one else sick of all the posturing and war-talk?? It's like at school,

"Jimmy's going to fight Bob! He is! After school at the park! Really! I bet Bob could kick Jimmy's arse! Nah, maybe Jimmy will win, Jimmy does karate!!! After school! At the park, guys! At the park! A fight! Srsly really!"

Then everyone troops to the park after school and there is never a fight. Or there's a bit of pushing and shoving and everyone goes home. And then the next day it's all talk again, Jimmy threatening to beat up Bob, Bob saying he'll get his "mental" big brother involved... and again... nothing.

If Jimmy and Bob would just get down to business and knock seven shades of **** out of each other, then maybe everyone would stop talking about it...
Unfortunately this is not the playground, this is real life, with real people and innocent on both sides would perish if War actually started.

I would always prefer they just "talked" a good fight than actually engaging in one.

Actually a lot of this rhetoric is for domestic Political consumption back home, I cannot believe Israel really thinks a. Iran has a Nuclear Weapon b. A means of safely delivering it and hitting a target in Israel and c. Iran would be so stupid to think it would be a good idea bearing in mind Israel would turn Iran into a sea of glass before even Iran's bomb had even hit its target.

So no I don't think there will be a War with Iran.

I think Israel needs to start thinking about "Peace" with its neighbours, a difficult concept I know but it cannot continue for much longer on its present course.

The tide is turning, In April the Palestinian Authority will be allowed to join the ICC and its first action will be to seek arrest warrants for most of the current Israeli Cabinet and heads of their Military for War crimes and crimes against humanity due to their horrendous attacks in Gaza where they used chemical weapons on a civilian population.

Warrants will be issued no matter how much the Israel and the US protest, this will make Israel a pariah state in the eyes of the World and sanctions against them will follow.

The house of cards that is Israel will start to collapse, it cannot exist for much longer in its present form, it has to seek a permanent, meaningful peace.

So starting a War with Iran is clearly out of the question.

Or is it the last gasp action from a regime that knows it's days are well and truly numbered.

Last edited by Nedusa; 04-03-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 AM #14
-

-

Quote:
Unfortunately this is not the playground, this is real life, with real people and innocent on both sides would perish if War actually started.
Exactly why I'm sick of hearing about world leaders bickering like toddlers.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:32 AM #15
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I work partly in Israel and a lot of my work is Israel-centric. From my position I have to say that I think you're all underestimating Israel's capabilities.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:09 AM #16
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

It has to be understood that Israel is in an area where its very existence is always under some threat or begrudged tolerance.

The Israeli leader has made a speech saying if they had to take on Iran alone then so be it.
He is getting condemnation for that.

It was not long ago that Iran said that Israel should be completely destroyed and be out of existence altogether.

I agree with Livia, don't underestimate Israel and I also have no belief at all that Israel would even risk any nuclear action either.
Israel does have the right to exist however, without all the threats constantly thrown its way from those countries surrounding it.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:36 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
It has to be understood that Israel is in an area where its very existence is always under some threat or begrudged tolerance.

The Israeli leader has made a speech saying if they had to take on Iran alone then so be it.
He is getting condemnation for that.

It was not long ago that Iran said that Israel should be completely destroyed and be out of existence altogether.

I agree with Livia, don't underestimate Israel and I also have no belief at all that Israel would even risk any nuclear action either.
Israel does have the right to exist however, without all the threats constantly thrown its way from those countries surrounding it.
Actually Joey whilst I agree the last Iranian President Ahmadinejad was aggressive and confrontational towards Israel, his words were taken out of context. He actually said that the Zionist state would disappear into the pages of history.

slightly different to saying I am going to drop a nuclear bomb on you.

and if I am honest a vast number of people around the world Jews and Non Jews alike would love to see this Zionist state consigned to the History books.

I wish people would stop cherry picking or spinning these words to suit there own agendas.

And as a footnote - Why does the current regime in Israel have so many enemies (the list grows by the day) ...go and have a look and check out some of the many atrocities committed by israel in recent years.

maybe start with them invading Gaza and deploying chemical weapons on mainly women and Children and shelling Hospitals.

Yes...that would be a good place to start.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM #18
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Israel has elections coming up, Netanyahu's grip on power is already a tentative one so it's in his interests to magnify the Iranian threat and portray himself as the only one capable - or willing - to forcefully counter it. Unfortunately I think Israel will always be able to rely on near uncritical support from the US. Obama isn't happy about his posturing but it's unlikely that there will be very much he can do to oppose it, the pro-Israel sentiment being so powerful in the States. And anyway, it's not long now till Obama is finished. Netanyahu does not need to be too concerned about who replaces him: Hilary has been getting increasingly close to him, and no Republican will stand a chance of winning the primary's without a strongly pro-Israel - possibly even a pro-Netanyahu - stance.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:04 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Israel has elections coming up, Netanyahu's grip on power is already a tentative one so it's in his interests to magnify the Iranian threat and portray himself as the only one capable - or willing - to forcefully counter it. Unfortunately I think Israel will always be able to rely on near uncritical support from the US. Obama isn't happy about his posturing but it's unlikely that there will be very much he can do to oppose it, the pro-Israel sentiment being so powerful in the States. And anyway, it's not long now till Obama is finished. Netanyahu does not need to be too concerned about who replaces him: Hilary has been getting increasingly close to him, and no Republican will stand a chance of winning the primary's without a strongly pro-Israel - possibly even a pro-Netanyahu - stance.
I agree with every word of your Post........

But it makes me sick to the bottom of my stomach and I wonder how such hypocrisy and double standards by the U.S be allowed to go on year after year, decade after decade.

Makes me wonder who actually controls America and defines America's foreign policy.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM #20
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

How many times has Iran, Iraq, Syria... a myriad of Arab countries - but especially Iran - said they they will wipe Israel off the face of the Earth? Why no thread when that happens? Only a reaction when Israel says the same thing the Arabs have been saying for... well actually, for centuries.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:47 AM #21
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
How many times has Iran, Iraq, Syria... a myriad of Arab countries - but especially Iran - said they they will wipe Israel off the face of the Earth? Why no thread when that happens? Only a reaction when Israel says the same thing the Arabs have been saying for... well actually, for centuries.
You could always make one though I'm not aware of pledges to wipe Israel off the map coming from any of those countries apart from Iran, and if we accept they did say that it was years ago so there wouldn't be a recent thread about it. The Ahmadinejad era is over in Iran. This is a very current story which is making the news and being discussed worldwide, I don't see the fault in arista starting the thread or any of us posting in it
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:35 PM #22

This is USA News today on all the channels
Old 04-03-2015, 12:36 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
Israel have an advanced military with excellent US trained pilots but i think they are either over confident or just talking big because defeating Iran would not be as easy as he's making out.It would be a very long and bloody conflict.

Yes and could start WW3

Note: Its good to have a Bunker
Old 04-03-2015, 12:38 PM #24

"Military capability to successfully fight a war against Iran and would need America's help."

Not any more Nedusa

Last edited by arista; 04-03-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:43 PM #25
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
That is my point too, it is said Iran said this a good while ago, however I saw no condemnation from inside Iran when it was said.

Hey, faced with trusting Israel or Iran, then I would take Israel any day of the week.

While I can also agree in part with Nedusa,(and by the way I don't cherry pick what I say either),that Israel has committed wrongs as to the Palestinian people, it is easy to condemn Israel for that while then choosing to turn a blind eye to the more extreme elements as to the Palestinians inflicting,even at times unprovoked, attacks on ordinary citizens of Israel too.

Maybe more needs to be done as to the Palestinian issue with Israel,meanwhile in addition to that,Israel still has so many hostile nations around it.
Israel has to be able to stand up for itself, it has every right not to be just walked over too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
iran, israel