Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-04-2015, 11:29 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default male suicide on bbc earlier

Thank goodness its finally getting more mainstream coverage

the BIGGEST killer of men under 50 in this country,suicide

horrific

5000 male suicides a year in men and the highest figures ever
24% of men between 24 and 35 who die, kill themselves

why why why

virtually no money being invested in this by the government or charities?

the endless simple suggestion is men should talk more
by who to? who would listen? with no charities and no money invested in it?
add the macho culture , plus the fact our culture lends itself to protecting women and leaving men fight go it alone

the list of problems in most cases were similar....recent break ups, financial problems, health problems, divorces and loss of children, marital home

the peak age is 44...600 men killed themselves at that age in 1 particular year

where do men go?

78% of suicides are by men compared to women and this has grown a lot....yet womens health , mental health and support bases way outnumber mens it doesn't make sense....its totally out of proportion and these very limited resources should be spread more fairly...there is a huge gap like this across the world....yet no government has ever talked about it?

time to get serious...

charities supporting women outnumber mens by 50 to 1...crazy...womens health spending outnumbers men by 4 to 1..men die much younger all over the world and that gap is growing to....even womens cancer gets billions more from the government and charities....yet more get more cancer testosterone produces more cancer....that's not fair or right. it may seem churlish to cmpare one genders cancer rates to another but we are all paying into the same pot and men are not getting their fair share compared to women. funny how the so called politically correct who demand equality don't demand equality for men to? hypocrites. they just want it all their own way.

furthermore it has to be discussed it has to get debated in parliament....I don't believe for a second its just mens failure to communicate, its who can they talk to....

but they've all got to MAN UP, TOUGHEN UP, GROW A PAIR OF BALLS, ETC
men work longer harder and have far less spending power than women
then are at risk of losing their homes their kids their families at any moment at the whim of their partners...and when it happens they have no support

ask yourself regardless of gender....if you worked 40 years to the age of 58 with 3 teenage kids and your family home....when suddenly your wife says get out....next step....new man moves in, next step the kids are poisoned against you, next step your living on your 78 year old mothers couch , oh and you still have to give your ex half your income...fathers rights have always been way behind womens, always has been even 100 years ago when men allegedly had so many advantages, what a joke. they had nothing of the kind.

how would that affect your health well being self esteem?

youre alone fighting all this alone....your wife has support from all over the place

before the endless feminists fake false indignation or offence...society is out of balance....men worry about paying the bills , working hard, protecting their families, building their homes....when they lose all that they lose heir reason to exist. we need a society that recognises that and acts to prevent this ongoing tragedy

Last edited by the truth; 14-04-2015 at 12:06 AM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 11:33 PM #2
User banned

User banned

08457909090 samaritans
08000 684141 suicide hotline
campaign against misery 0800 585858
lifeline ireland 08080 8088000
wales 0800132737
0800838587 Scotland
Old 13-04-2015, 11:47 PM #3
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's horrific and I'm so pleased that there's more and more recognition it's a huge problem.
Old 14-04-2015, 12:50 AM #4

we live in a world society that men have to suppress their emotions, we live on fake power of pride, like being perfect and rich with lots of money, if we lose that we lose are friends and girlfriends or wives, if your partner cheats on you, you can't show your emotions on the outside, schools have let us down, the courts are far to one sided, with paying more child maintenance, but you can't see your kid in a number of days,if your a aging male celebrity who tapped a ladies shoulder, over forty years ago,your in court with another 15 women coming over to chance their arm, your at pressure point to end your life, like what john leslie and freddie starr had said, in japan the male rate is now far higher to end your life, than ever. feminism has to take its share of the blame because it did not create a balanced society, but created a hate monger bogeyman world,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 01:08 AM #5
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
we live in a world society that men have to suppress their emotions, we live on fake power of pride, like being perfect and rich with lots of money, if we lose that we lose are friends and girlfriends or wives, if your partner cheats on you, you can't show your emotions on the outside, schools have let us down, the courts are far to one sided, with paying more child maintenance, but you can't see your kid in a number of days,if your a aging male celebrity who tapped a ladies shoulder, over forty years ago,your in court with another 15 women coming over to chance their arm, your at pressure point to end your life, like what john leslie and freddie starr had said, in japan the male rate is now far higher to end your life, than ever. feminism has to take its share of the blame because it did not create a balanced society, but created a hate monger bogeyman world,
true but no one in the mainstream is tackling this elephant in the room, not even nigel farage

the laws on false accusations MUST BE tightened massively. its totally out of balance even many women can see that too. of course not many feminists.
the feminists even complained when women had to retire the same age as men? it should be a few years later as they live that much longer. john leslie was found INNOCENT but never worked in tv again...meanwhile Ulrika who wrote the lie in her book sold 1000s more and made a million from it
she lies shes rewarded, he doesn't hes innocent yet he is destroyed

women can make it up any time they like just to destroy anyone...they are anonymous the man is named and shamed even when hes 100% innocent...but of course once we talk about it the feminists change the subject and start talking about the oppression of women in iran etc irrelevant. this is here in our country and the culture and laws are utterly biased towards women and do not support men in any way shape or form and ANY man who speaks up is A MALE CHAUVANIST SEXIST PIG?

meanwhile ive watched tv shows with women laughing about women who killed their partners....hilarious? whereas men get sacked for a harmless joke about a female lineswoman knowing the offside law? its disgusting and its GOT TO FCKING CHANGE
Old 14-04-2015, 05:33 AM #6

Quote:

Yes sadly true empire
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 05:53 AM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

I think most men are driven to suicide by women.

From wives or ex wives to ex partners , mother in laws, nasty sisters or uncaring delinquent daughters.

But mostly the way the law is so stacked in favour of the mother with no regard for the fathers rights especially with regard to the children. This I think is one of the main factors certainly in older men for taking that downward spiral which can lead to suicide.

Men are seen as tougher than women but the reality is that women are a far tougher species mentally than men.
Old 14-04-2015, 07:07 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

There's a film/documentary called The Bridge, it's about suicide on the Golden Gate Bridge, my life has been touched by suicide, so for me there's always been a wondering about suicide, it's very sad as suicide is the last resort and there is an element of control in suicide, so maybe people who commit suicide are using that last bit of control they have to take their lives.

The Bridge is thought provoking but very sad.

Last edited by rubymoo; 14-04-2015 at 11:58 AM.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 10:48 AM #9
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
I think most men are driven to suicide by women.

From wives or ex wives to ex partners , mother in laws, nasty sisters or uncaring delinquent daughters.

But mostly the way the law is so stacked in favour of the mother with no regard for the fathers rights especially with regard to the children. This I think is one of the main factors certainly in older men for taking that downward spiral which can lead to suicide.

Men are seen as tougher than women but the reality is that women are a far tougher species mentally than men.
I don't believe that at all, you can't blame any one sex for how another feels.
Depression that leads to suicide will have 1001 different combinations for each individual, yes their relationships with the women in their lives may have a factor in some but by no means most.
I believe it's down to conditioning, if you are a naturally resilient and strong willed individual then you will be better place to deal with whatever life throws at you. If you are on the other hand fatalistic then by the rules of existentialism you are at a serious disadvantage.
Old 14-04-2015, 10:52 AM #10
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Life is hard. We all have our up and downs, but i think men are less likey to talk about their feelings.
Old 14-04-2015, 10:56 AM #11
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

It's horrible, I'm someone who suffers from mental health issues, I know what an awful position it is, there needs to be so much more help out there, it mortifies me when I see people who weren't as lucky as me to continue fighting mental illness rather than being beaten by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Mitchell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 11:56 AM #12
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Depression that leads to suicide will have 1001 different combinations for each individual, yes their relationships with the women in their lives may have a factor in some but by no means most.
I believe it's down to conditioning, if you are a naturally resilient and strong willed individual then you will be better place to deal with whatever life throws at you. If you are on the other hand fatalistic then by the rules of existentialism you are at a serious disadvantage.

Blaming the opposite sex or "feminazis" as the OP suggests is not helpful.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 01:46 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post

Blaming the opposite sex or "feminazis" as the OP suggests is not helpful.
Er....No...If you took the time to read the OP you would see quite a few of the reasons that may lead men down this road to possible suicide are situations almost always involving women especially mothers and especially where there are children involved.

It is perhaps a little trite to say blaming women is not helpful but through the thoughtless, callous and sometimes downright evil actions of thousands of women , some men can end up on a path to despair.

Especially with the law courts somehow badly out of touch with mens rights as this exacerbates the terrible predicament a lotof men find themselves in.

I'm not proud of the way some of my fellow women treat men especially in divorce scenarios where children are involved.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:39 PM #14
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Er....No...If you took the time to read the OP you would see quite a few of the reasons that may lead men down this road to possible suicide are situations almost always involving women especially mothers and especially where there are children involved.

It is perhaps a little trite to say blaming women is not helpful but through the thoughtless, callous and sometimes downright evil actions of thousands of women , some men can end up on a path to despair.

Especially with the law courts somehow badly out of touch with mens rights as this exacerbates the terrible predicament a lotof men find themselves in.

I'm not proud of the way some of my fellow women treat men especially in divorce scenarios where children are involved.
I completely agree that "some" women don't behave well in divorce situations when it comes to their children, I am also aware that "some" men behave equally badly.

We are all individuals, attacking the whole gender isn't helpful imo. I completely agree that laws concerning parental rights need updating to come in line with changing times and roles that mothers and fathers play in their childrens lives. That's not "womens" faults, that's governments faults for ignoring fathers rights groups and not dealing with this situation.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 14-04-2015, 04:07 PM #15
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Life is hard. We all have our up and downs, but i think men are less likey to talk about their feelings.
less likely?

mostly not at all
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 05:07 PM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
kizzy is 100% correct. its the bias in favour of women in this country that is ultimately destroying men...ask yourself if you could live happily in your 50s losing everything you love and all that you've worked for and stood for...after losing your children, your home your wife your life savings and in many cases your reputation too? this country is disgustingly sexist against all men.
Old 14-04-2015, 05:09 PM #17
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
less likely?

mostly not at all
because they have NO ONE to talk to....there is no support structure barely any charities d women are programmed frankly not to listen or care a damn what men say...theyre like an army of brainwashed feminists who simply want to take everything and give nothing back.

almost every friend I have has been screwed over by a women either financially emotionally or in several cases having their children taken away and b;locked from seeing them...one particular friend married for a year...he bought a 250,000 house spent 50,000 in a year, then she was pregnant.....when the baby reached 1, the wife changed the locks threw all his stuff in the trash he returns home and the police are called....

before anyone even suggests it hes the nicest most harmless bloke ever....shes having an affair....a few weeks later the lover moves in.....
ok so my mate is then on his mothers couch still paying the mortgage, the car loan, the heating bills, towards the baby etc

she then takes an injunction out to stop him seeing the baby because he has bad eyesight? he spent 5000 clearing up that nonsense and now after a few years finally he gets the boy at weekends

this happens all day every day

the lies of feminism have trained women to believe theve all been raped and pillaged and exploited by all men who are all evil potential rapists..believing this utter nonsense black and white doctrine of male hate bigotry is it any surprise we see women as self centred ruthless and frankly frightening as they now are in this country.

Last edited by the truth; 14-04-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 14-04-2015, 05:15 PM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I completely agree that "some" women don't behave well in divorce situations when it comes to their children, I am also aware that "some" men behave equally badly.

We are all individuals, attacking the whole gender isn't helpful imo. I completely agree that laws concerning parental rights need updating to come in line with changing times and roles that mothers and fathers play in their childrens lives. That's not "womens" faults, that's governments faults for ignoring fathers rights groups and not dealing with this situation.
the the law and the culture is biased in favour of women over men , mothers over fathers, then the whole system falls apart....the las HAS GOT TO BE IMPARTIAL...there should be NO BIAS WHATSOEVER TOWARDS mothers yet there is? in the end fathers suffer but kids suffer even worse....theyre young impressionable and powerless to change the course of events
Old 14-04-2015, 06:11 PM #19

its funny that here in the uk, a woman was given only 2 years jail for having sex with an eight year old boy, in the usa, a 23 year old woman lured 3 boys on facebook, their age of the three boys was 10 to 12, for sex, she claimed that she was 15, but she lied to them. but she will get off scot free, we see double standards, in the courts, and in the west,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 06:36 PM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
its funny that here in the uk, a woman was given only 2 years jail for having sex with an eight year old boy, in the usa, a 23 year old woman lured 3 boys on facebook, their age of the three boys was 10 to 12, for sex, she claimed that she was 15, but she lied to them. but she will get off scot free, we see double standards, in the courts, and in the west,
these things are simply never ever discussed in this country....male suicide has never even been brought up on our so called most popular political show, question time...where all the pro feminist garbage is trotted out every week
Old 14-04-2015, 08:35 PM #21
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Default male suicide on bbc earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
the the law and the culture is biased in favour of women over men , mothers over fathers, then the whole system falls apart....the las HAS GOT TO BE IMPARTIAL...there should be NO BIAS WHATSOEVER TOWARDS mothers yet there is? in the end fathers suffer but kids suffer even worse....theyre young impressionable and powerless to change the course of events

I actually agree with you completely, I'm speaking with experience of Irish law but I'm assuming British law is pretty similar. The laws were made at a time when, for the most part, women didn't work and were pretty much their children's primary care givers. Times have changed, mothers work now much more and fathers are much more hands in with their children but family law has stayed where it was. It's really does need to change

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 14-04-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 14-04-2015, 10:24 PM #22

i think a big portion of that is because of homophobia. also i think financial stress, because men have a lot more pressure to be financially successful and completely support their families.

I think the biggest portion is probably just mental illness, and men's embarrassment to seek medical help, all kinds of medical help, but especially for mental illness. the male ego is a killer.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-04-2015 at 10:25 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 10:42 PM #23
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
kizzy is 100% correct. its the bias in favour of women in this country that is ultimately destroying men...ask yourself if you could live happily in your 50s losing everything you love and all that you've worked for and stood for...after losing your children, your home your wife your life savings and in many cases your reputation too? this country is disgustingly sexist against all men.
Sorry, that's not what I said.
Old 15-04-2015, 01:04 PM #24
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Sorry, that's not what I said.
I didn't say you did????????
Old 15-04-2015, 02:20 PM #25

It's such a shame. I'm pretty sure males are much more prone to the likes of alcoholism, drug addiction and schizophrenia as well as suicide so clearly stupid terms like 'be a man' drive us into more severe conditions than women.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbc, earlier, male, suicide