Notices

The X Factor 2015 [S12] Series 12 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Simon, Rita Ora, Cheryl and Nick Grimshaw ran from August to December 2015 and was won by Louisa Johnson.

Old 25-04-2015, 11:02 PM #1
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Default X Factor 2015: Rita Ora 'wanted for judging panel by Simon Cowell but NOT ITV'

Quote:
The music mogul and head judge of the ITV talent show is said to be butting heads with the channel over plans to bring The Voice coach over to the judging panel

Simon Cowell wants Rita Ora on the X Factor judging panel, but ITV do not.

The music mogul and head judge of the ITV talent show is said to be butting heads with the channel over plans to bring The Voice coach over to the judging panel to replace Spice Girl Mel B.

"It's a real battle of wills," a source told The Sun. "ITV sees X Factor as vastly superior to The Voice. They don't want a judge who they see as a cast-off.

"As far as they are concerned, Rita's now out of the picture."

But the source adds that Simon is more determined than ever to sign Rita up for the new series, especially after she reportedly turned him down last year.

Simon Cowell was quoted last week as saying he would like to get Rita Ora on the show after she turned out to be a hit with viewers when appearing on The Voice, and now the bookies have made her the favourite to replace the axed judge.

Cowell previously said: "I saw Rita on The Voice and I thought she was very good. When it comes to asking her over, you know, it's fair game."

Rita turnewn a spot on the X Factor panel in 2014 but has been a guest judge at auditions in the past.d do

Now Ladbrokes has her as the odds on favourite to join the panel, with ex-judge Tulisa Contostavlos and One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson on evens to join.

Other names in the hat include Katy Perry, Robbie Williams and Zayn Malik.

Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "Rita Ora is definitely the hot favourite to replace Mel B right now following the latest news

Tulisa, Louis Tomlinson and Robbie Williams all look like potential judging candidates too although sadly for Kim K fans she's a long shot like Jeremy Clarkson."

Mel B will not be spicing up The X Factor this year and has been axed from the judging panel by Simon Cowell .

The 39-year-old was never far from controversy on the 2014 series and famously missed the first night of the final weekend with a mystery illness.

Despite being widely praised for her no nonsense attitude and comments on the show, bosses have now decided Spice Girl Mel will be replaced as they try to remodel the singing talent show to try to take on Strictly Come Dancing in the ratings.

A show source said: “It is now looking very, very doubtful she will come back, Simon has made up his mind.

“She is doing America’s Got Talent at the moment so she hasn’t completely fallen out with Simon, but he wants to freshen up X Factor

10:39, 25 April 2015 By Carl Greenwood
The music mogul and head judge of the ITV talent show is said to be butting heads with the channel over plans to bring The Voice coach over to the judging panel

Simon Cowell and Rita OraSimon Cowell and Rita Ora
Simon Cowell wants Rita Ora on the X Factor judging panel, but ITV do not.

The music mogul and head judge of the ITV talent show is said to be butting heads with the channel over plans to bring The Voice coach over to the judging panel to replace Spice Girl Mel B.

"It's a real battle of wills," a source told The Sun. "ITV sees X Factor as vastly superior to The Voice. They don't want a judge who they see as a cast-off.

"As far as they are concerned, Rita's now out of the picture."

But the source adds that Simon is more determined than ever to sign Rita up for the new series, especially after she reportedly turned him down last year.

Mirror TV has contacted a rep for the X Factor for comment.

Simon Cowell was quoted last week as saying he would like to get Rita Ora on the show after she turned out to be a hit with viewers when appearing on The Voice, and now the bookies have made her the favourite to replace the axed judge.

Cowell previously said: "I saw Rita on The Voice and I thought she was very good. When it comes to asking her over, you know, it's fair game."

Rita turnewn a spot on the X Factor panel in 2014 but has been a guest judge at auditions in the past.d do

Now Ladbrokes has her as the odds on favourite to join the panel, with ex-judge Tulisa Contostavlos and One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson on evens to join.

Other names in the hat include Katy Perry, Robbie Williams and Zayn Malik.

Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "Rita Ora is definitely the hot favourite to replace Mel B right now following the latest news.

Mel B and Rita OraMel B and Rita Ora
"Tulisa, Louis Tomlinson and Robbie Williams all look like potential judging candidates too although sadly for Kim K fans she's a long shot like Jeremy Clarkson."

Mel B will not be spicing up The X Factor this year and has been axed from the judging panel by Simon Cowell .

The 39-year-old was never far from controversy on the 2014 series and famously missed the first night of the final weekend with a mystery illness.

Despite being widely praised for her no nonsense attitude and comments on the show, bosses have now decided Spice Girl Mel will be replaced as they try to remodel the singing talent show to try to take on Strictly Come Dancing in the ratings.

A show source said: “It is now looking very, very doubtful she will come back, Simon has made up his mind.

“She is doing America’s Got Talent at the moment so she hasn’t completely fallen out with Simon, but he wants to freshen up X Factor.

Splash / GettySnoop Dogg is rumoured to have been approached about a seat on the X Factor judges panel
“One of the best ways to do that is to change the judging panel and it looks like Mel B will pay the price for that.

“Some fans will be disappointed though as some viewers felt she was the best thing about the show last year.”

The insider also said they expected Cheryl Cole to keep her place on the show alongside Cowell, although Louis Walsh was also unlikely to return.

Show bosses are currently on the hunt for a new, younger male judge to replace Louis, who has appeared in all 11 series so far.

Asked about Mel B, a spokesman for The X Factor said: “No final decisions have been taken on the judging panel.”

Mel B’s axing follows a shake up on the presenting side of the show at the end of March.

Dermot O’Leary announced he was leaving the show after eight years and has been replaced by Olly Murs and Caroline Flack.

Mel B missed the Saturday of the X Factor final on doctor’s orders and was replaced by Tulisa Contostavlos. She returned the following night but raised question marks because of her appearance and didn’t explain why she had been in hospital.

Tulisa will be amongst the front runners tipped to return to the show, having spent the New Year in Barbados with Cowell.

Other previous guest judges include Katy Perry.

Mel B’s axing comes despite her seeming to get one well with Cheryl Cole. Cheryl is close to Cowell and he sometimes asks her before making decisions.

Speaking last year Mel spoke of her bond with Cheryl, saying: “Cheryl was calling me ‘Softy Spice’ the other day because she caught me crying when she wasn’t crying, and I was like, ‘Shut up’.

“I’ve been called many things in my time and I think there is a bit of feisty and scary in all of us.”

In an interview in November, Mel B also revealed she wanted the job on the panel so much that she flew from Australia to London at her own expense to pitch for the job in front of Cowell and other execs.

She also admitted not everyone would be a fan of her style, saying: “I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea. I’m just me.”

When asked about X Factor at the Britain’s Got Talent launch, Cowell insisted he has not decided on his final panel yet.

He told journalists on April 9: “We’re all over the place with X Factor as usual, nothing has been decided.

“I think with a show like that you really have to think it through and see what all the other shows are doing and then decide off the back of that. Nobody has signed yet.”
this needs to happen

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 25-04-2015 at 11:03 PM.
LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 11:05 PM #2
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

If she's a judge on TXF then I've got a song choice ready for her.

Ohhhhhhhhh! My sex is on fire......

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 11:08 PM #3
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

I want Rita Ora and Kelly Rowland as judges tbh

I like Cheryl but i didn't like her as a judge that much as i did, and i don't want Tulisa to be a judge because she can't sing. I admit Cheryl can be awful at singing, she can sing some songs in tune like Sexy den a mutha,under the sun and Parachute(but i do love her songs). But we need females who can actually sing.. Rita and Kelly

Spoiler:

Old 25-04-2015, 11:11 PM #4
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I want Rita Ora and Kelly Rowland as judges tbh

I like Cheryl but i didn't like her as a judge that much as i did, and i don't want Tulisa to be a judge because she can't sing. I admit Cheryl can be awful at singing, she can sing some songs in tune like Sexy den a mutha,under the sun and Parachute(but i do love her songs). But we need females who can actually sing.. Rita and Kelly
If you want the most credible female back career and talent wise surely Nicole Scherzinger is the one to go for?
Old 25-04-2015, 11:14 PM #5
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
If you want the most credible female back career and talent wise surely Nicole Scherzinger is the one to go for?
she was my 3rd choice tbh

Spoiler:

Old 25-04-2015, 11:18 PM #6
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I'd prefere Dannii back
Old 27-04-2015, 05:05 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Ellie Goulding wouldn't be bad for TXF.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2015, cowell, itv, judging, ora, panel, rita, simon, wanted, x factor