Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 28-05-2015, 05:45 AM #1

Default The anti-Jade brigade throwing their toys out of the pram

following the announcement of the twist. Get over it. We've always had twists and I have to say I think this is a very good one as it kills several birds with one stone.

(1) Keeps the most controversial and interesting HM in the show (yes she is even if you don't like her) rather than her leaving far too early
(2) There are now several pieces of deadwood up who would never normally have been and would just have cruised to the final - we now have a chance of getting rid of them
(3) Brings in several new HMs who might liven up the house - we might get a much more interesting house for the rest of the show

But the whining twitterati are all obsessed with "wiping the smug look off Jade's face as she is kicked out" to quote several of them (and bearing in mind Jade is certain she's going this is plainly nonsense) that they would rather see the show fade away than give it the kick up the backside (Jade excepted) that it deserves.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 05:47 AM #2

The twist manipulation is heavy-handed and transparent.

Not going to 'deal with it'.
Turtle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 05:53 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):

Imagine that!
BB viewers getting annoyed because the show's producers are blatantly taking the piss out of them. Cheeky bastards!!!

You might be content to be mugged-off by Channel 5 jegmeister but many people aren't and that's their choice.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 05:58 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Imagine that!
BB viewers getting annoyed because the show's producers are blatantly taking the piss out of them. Cheeky bastards!!!

You might be content to be mugged-off by Channel 5 jegmeister but many people aren't and that's their choice.
"mugged off" - you just aren't getting what you want. That's the only reason you don't like it. I'm hoping we get a more interesting show.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 06:04 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Of course that's why they did it!
To make it more interesting for us.
Thanks for clearing that up for the many people who saw it differently.
Old 28-05-2015, 07:02 AM #6
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

As much as I really don't like Jade I can see that she is bringing a lot of drama to the house & a great talking point on the forums, so I can understand why BB have done this twist, to save her a bit longer.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 07:08 AM #7
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

The only good thing to come out of this twist is Jade & Eileen's immunity
Old 28-05-2015, 07:23 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

The twist being crap has nothing to do with Jade's immunity. What's the point in nominations if the people they nominate don't even go up? I hate it when they do the twist every year, it's just dumb. Especially when they announce the twist AFTER the housemates have been nominated. If at the beginning of the week BB told us that this was the twist of the week, then people could accept it. When it comes days afterwards, it feels like BB is just changing the show for their liking and making fun of its audience. What's to like about that?

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 07:42 AM #9
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

If Jade is so important that BB needed to save her for the show, then the show was already beyond redemption. I just don't believe this BB relied on 1 person, and I don't think that's why BB did that twist.

For me, the majority of housemates lack substance and depth this year, they just cant sustain interest over an extended period, which is why new blood is needed. Even if Jade had gone I would still have supported this move (and I still have a big chance of losing my second favourite Kieran) Removing 4 people can only be good for the show
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 07:51 AM #10

bit if a ridiculous post. the fact that bb is supposed to control the housemates is part of the show, but when they start messing with the public it's a different story - jade will be gone soon enough - she doesn't have the character to get on with anybody as she thinks she's better than that lot of them, (including I imagine the new housemates) so her days are number either way. What's unfair is that BB focused on one storyline for the last two weeks - as a result not all the housemates got a fair shot. The nominations is a farce - they should not do them anymore as the producers will disregard them anyway. It's one think making a fool of the housemates, it's another to try and make a fool of the public. Anyone who spends money on voting on this one should keep their money in their pockets.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 07:56 AM #11

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegmeister View Post
following the announcement of the twist. Get over it. We've always had twists and I have to say I think this is a very good one as it kills several birds with one stone.

(1) Keeps the most controversial and interesting HM in the show (yes she is even if you don't like her) rather than her leaving far too early
(2) There are now several pieces of deadwood up who would never normally have been and would just have cruised to the final - we now have a chance of getting rid of them
(3) Brings in several new HMs who might liven up the house - we might get a much more interesting house for the rest of the show

But the whining twitterati are all obsessed with "wiping the smug look off Jade's face as she is kicked out" to quote several of them (and bearing in mind Jade is certain she's going this is plainly nonsense) that they would rather see the show fade away than give it the kick up the backside (Jade excepted) that it deserves.
I totally agree and even if I wasn't a Jade fan I would still agree. We don't want people who coast to the final having been all nice and doing damn all cept trying to be friendly with everyone. We had a Rachel Rice and a Sam and a few more pretty bland people winning. I hope the deadwood get down those stairs. They go through all the audition process, promise all in their VT then deliver JACK****
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 07:59 AM #12
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I don't like Jade, but the nominated group had the biggest characters in it. The all have big fanbases, so i'm glad the other group is up instead. Twins, Chloe, Danny are boring and have been coasting along. Sarah and Kieron are the only ones i wouldn't class as bores and hope they survive.
Old 28-05-2015, 08:02 AM #13
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrotherfan4ever View Post
As much as I really don't like Jade I can see that she is bringing a lot of drama to the house & a great talking point on the forums, so I can understand why BB have done this twist, to save her a bit longer.
Nest week they will do a fake eviction. Producers are desperate to keep her.
Old 28-05-2015, 08:28 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post
The twist being crap has nothing to do with Jade's immunity. What's the point in nominations if the people they nominate don't even go up? I hate it when they do the twist every year, it's just dumb. Especially when they announce the twist AFTER the housemates have been nominated. If at the beginning of the week BB told us that this was the twist of the week, then people could accept it. When it comes days afterwards, it feels like BB is just changing the show for their liking and making fun of its audience. What's to like about that?

If the producers deem some HM's as so 'boring' that they have to keep resorting to subterfuge and inane 'spur of the moment' twists to get rid of them and to ensure that their 'favourites' stay in - in spite of the nominations - then how did these HM's pass the auditions and become 'selected' in the first place if they were so 'boring'?

The show is rapidly becoming a fecked up joke.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 08:29 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by just thinkin View Post
bit if a ridiculous post. the fact that bb is supposed to control the housemates is part of the show, but when they start messing with the public it's a different story - jade will be gone soon enough - she doesn't have the character to get on with anybody as she thinks she's better than that lot of them, (including I imagine the new housemates) so her days are numbered either way. What's unfair is that BB focused on one storyline for the last two weeks - as a result not all the housemates got a fair shot. The nominations is a farce - they should not do them anymore as the producers will disregard them anyway. It's one think making a fool of the housemates, it's another to try and make a fool of the public. Anyone who spends money on voting on this one should keep their money in their pockets.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 08:30 AM #16
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Nest week they will do a fake eviction. Producers are desperate to keep her.
Charley who?
Old 28-05-2015, 08:52 AM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:

What a very silly post, Jade being immune has little to do with it. Its the nomination twist thats annoyed me the most, even though 2 of my favourites
(Joel&Eileen) are now safe. Jade will be gone soon enough anyway, she not a strong enough Character to go to the end. For now I will enjoy watching her make a complete twat of her self, whilst knowing that at least one of her lapdogs, hopefully more get the boot on friday. As for the new housemates I guess we will have to wait and see how they turn out.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 08:54 AM #18
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Charley who?
Put Jade in a secret room, then put her back in.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:02 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Put Jade in a secret room, then put her back in.
I say put her in a secret box with a padlock on it and hide it..........at the bottom of the Thames.
She won't be 'forced' to mix with people she doesn't like then (what an absolute asshat she is!) and she can talk to herself/the camera.

Everyone's happy.............job's a good 'un!
Old 28-05-2015, 09:03 AM #20
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I say put her in a secret box with a padlock on it and hide it..........at the bottom of the Thames.
She won't be 'forced' to mix with people she doesn't like then (what an absolute asshat she is!) and she can talk to herself/the camera.

Old 28-05-2015, 09:18 AM #21
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:

Good post.

Lots of true points there.

But this is the trouble with Vote To EVICT instead of Vote To SAVE.

VTE means the big characters get evicted and leave the floaters in the house.

VTS keeps the controversial ones in.

If BB kept it VTS as it does with Celeb BB then they wouldn't have to keep doing these twists to save the show.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:21 AM #22
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
Good post.

Lots of true points there.

But this is the trouble with Vote To EVICT instead of Vote To SAVE.

VTE means the big characters get evicted and leave the floaters in the house.

VTS keeps the controversial ones in.

If BB kept it VTS as it does with Celeb BB then they wouldn't have to keep doing these twists to save the show.
I agree, vote to save is better. it gets rid of the dull housemates. That's why i prefer CBB these days to BB.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:24 AM #23

Quote:

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:26 AM #24

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Imagine that!

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antijade, brigade, pram, throwing, toys