Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Canada Big Brother Canada 9 started 3th March 2021.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:39 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):

Default Recruits/Superfans analogy

I have said time and time again that superfans deserve their place in the house far more than recruits. I want to propose two analogies to see what you think.

1) I see a superfan as someone who has been studying a field for years and years. In turn, a recruit only finds out about the field a couple months before the show. Surely someone who's sought out that field for years deserves it more? Especially when those recruited are usually recruited for idiotic things such as the way they look.

2) I see a superfan as a chess player who's watched hundreds of games of chess. A recruit hasn't seen any. Of course a game by someone who's watched hundreds of games is going to be more intricate, just because they have had more exposure to how the game works.

What do you think about these work/chess game analogies? #TeamSuperfans #HateRecruits

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:43 PM #2
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

If they're a recruit and they're fun and entertaining then I don't personally have an issue with it.

I don't like people they chuck in just to cause drama, such as Marc. The kind of drama he provides is all fake and obviously instructed by BB to an extent.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:45 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
If they're a recruit and they're fun and entertaining then I don't personally have an issue with it.

I don't like people they chuck in just to cause drama, such as Marc. The kind of drama he provides is all fake and obviously instructed by BB to an extent.
Totally agreed! But this thread is more in regards to BBCanada where they have to play a strategical game. I see it as more of a skill-based show than BBUK.

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:52 PM #4
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Totally agreed! But this thread is more in regards to BBCanada where they have to play a strategical game. I see it as more of a skill-based show than BBUK.
My bad I never saw this was in the BBCan section haha
Old 11-06-2015, 02:53 PM #5
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I don't think your analogies are quite exact Raph:
1. If the field of study is BB... then really all one really needs for education or enlightenment on how it works is how to read people, associate with people, manipulate people, and staying on step ahead. While granted some recruits are their for looks and have zero substance... there is nothing that prevents them from understanding how to work the people in the house having not studied the game,

2. I don't think one needs to play chess to play BB. and I don't think BB and chess are as parallel as you think... BB has way more variables. I knight may only be able to move in an L shape in Chess, but in BB something will occur to change the rules and that knights constraints will be lifted.

What I think is, in keeping with your chess analogy... Lately super fans have been getting boxed in by seeing BB as a chess game... ie) if I have this set up in week 4, I will definitely have this in week 5... but it is the smart recruits that seem to be able to roll with the punches and the ebb and tides of BB game changes. I think the superfans come in with tunnel vision, making their game less fine tuned than you think
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.

Last edited by Mokka; 11-06-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:04 PM #6
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I was thinking about this subject yesterday.

imo it doesn't really matter if someone is a super-fan or a recruit. Because a superfan can come into the game and have a set plan to 'how they'll win the game' but then epically fail (like we've seen quite a bit actually), on the other hand a recruit could come into the game and then immediately become savvy in regards to how the game works and what they need to do to get further.

I watch for entertainment anyway so I don't really mind either way, as long as I enjoy watching them then I won't criticise whether they're a 'super-fan' or a recruit.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:22 PM #7
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody

Two quick points, I'll post more later.

1) I don't think it's an inherent human right to deserve to be on a reality TV show
2) There is no guarantee that super fans have more intricate games, and a lot of the time the auperfans we get have sucked at the game
3) Shows like BBUS and BBCan are notoriously manipulated/rigged so caring about gameplay is kinda silly to a certain extent

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
analogy, recruits or superfans