Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

View Poll Results: Marc and Danny
i like Marc and I like Danny 6 9.68%
i like Marc and I like Danny
6 9.68%
I like Marc but I dislike Danny 34 54.84%
I like Marc but I dislike Danny
34 54.84%
I dislike Marc but I like Danny 2 3.23%
I dislike Marc but I like Danny
2 3.23%
I dislike Marc and I dislike Danny 20 32.26%
I dislike Marc and I dislike Danny
20 32.26%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2015, 09:33 PM #1
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Default Do you like Danny and Marc?

I think they're both incredibly similar, especially recently. I have really struggled to understand how anybody can like one and dislike another when the first five adjectives that I would use to describe their personalities are near identical.

I suppose the main difference is that Marc intimidates with words and Danny intimidates with aggression. (Let's not make this into a thread about which is worse, both are disgusting).

Poll coming, explain what you think I'm missing if you like one and not the other please.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:51 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

I agree that they are both similar, I started of liking them both, but have recently started to find them a bit tedious.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 PM #3
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
I agree that they are both similar, I started of liking them both, but have recently started to find them a bit tedious.
Yeh, I've liked them both at different times too. Marc has a -shock humour- typed side to him that would work if he befriended the house and Danny has a very rational streak occasionally but these are not their main traits at all. They're both just cruel tryhards.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 PM #4
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

Dislike Marc
Like Danny

Thanks to Littlegreen for my lovely sig
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 PM #5
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan

I don't like either of them tbh.

Spoiler:

zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 PM #6
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybigbro View Post
Dislike Marc
Like Danny
What do you see in Danny that you don't see in Marc. (Same question applies to those who like Marc and not Danny, don't think I made that clear in the op!)
Old 01-07-2015, 10:33 PM #7

danny had so much potential - if only he was full on like mark all the time - it would be fireworks.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:44 PM #8
Banned

Favourites:
CBB16: Austin Armacost
BBUSA17: John
Banned

Favourites:
CBB16: Austin Armacost
BBUSA17: John

I like them both. I've only recently warmed to Marc, but he's delivered some classic lines and has been the ultimate entertainment this series, besides the 'legends'.
goldensunlight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 PM #9

I cooled a bit towards Marc after the old tweets surfaced though their context is worth remembering. I still think he's a good housemate and seems to have grown a bit since he said that stuff however forgiving and forgetting are very different things.

Danny, I've tried to like but I find it difficult so I don't like him.
Rorkimaru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:56 PM #10

The difference is Marc has never attempted to surpress what he is. He is reality TV fodder. Would I want to spend 3 months locked up with him hell no...

But he is what he is and has remained remarkably and unashamedly consistent regardless of the numbers who stand against him. He knows the public matter not the no marks in the house.

Danny on the other hand is playing the old get everyone in here to like me and hope the public dont notice when my mask slips game... it isnt working
Old 01-07-2015, 10:57 PM #11
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

When Marc first went in I thought I would hate to live with him but I have come to support him and like him since.

I neither liked or disliked Danny until he showed he is nothing but a thug and so now have come to totally dislike him the most of all in there now of the original housemates, this series is 'supposed' to be about.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:58 PM #12

Wow look at the numbers.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:58 PM #13
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

don;t like any

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 PM #14

dislike both from the second they walked in. Well, I dislike Danny from when I saw his VT (he came of as misogynist - don't even remember what it was he said, but I've branded him as women hater and rather than re-watching the VT to find out what it was here's a link to his instagram, one of the four posts is insulting to women https://instagram.com/p/1ESRocByQ8/?taken-by=wisker9 god forbid men should participate in raising their own children #RollEyes.

I don't remember Marc's VT at all but his ridiculous jabs at people (VD jab at chloe, wth was that about), inability to own up to being rude or dumb by calling every such transgression a "banter", stupidity (the crying har don jab - wth) inconsistency (first saying that they are not friends, then complaining about them nominating his friends, just as example), lying (still claiming he didn't bully Brian), conniving (using the fact that hms can't articulate what they are thinking as evidence that he didn't bully Brian, even after being reprimanded by BB, and providing one proof himself), and overall behaving like Tasmanian devil from the cartoon (running about like a twister steering sh it up, getting people to start fighting, and looking at them with those nasty eyes and crooked lips deformed into what's supposed to be a grin but actually looks like threatening snarl.)

Plus Marc's loud and Danny's freaking aggressive, and I can't see one redeeming trait in the two.
mimosveta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:06 PM #15

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Like Marc,dislike Danny

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:08 PM #16
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodHull View Post

But he is what he is and has remained remarkably and unashamedly consistent regardless of the numbers who stand against him. He knows the public matter not the no marks in the house.
Thanks for the input, it was genuinely a question That I was confused with, I think it may have came across as baiting though. To me, the above, is not enough of a reason to like Marc but it's good to know where some may be coming from.

Last edited by Withano; 01-07-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosveta View Post
lying (still claiming he didn't bully Brian), conniving (using the fact that hms can't articulate what they are thinking as evidence that he didn't bully Brian, even after being reprimanded by BB, and providing one proof himself).
The reprimand he disagreed with but he knows the game he HAD to apologise cause brian went crying to BB like a little bitch even though he happily screamed in his face in the house (marc never did this to Brian)

But please enlighten us how Marc bullied Brian with actual examples. And lets not forget how Brian lied repeatedly about Marc behind his back to others to try to make himself look better.

Brian ran away cause he realised he was losing his status and reputation as happy loveable goon brian which he dined out on for years so he needed an angle to get out with his reputation. Any normal adult would have just you know walked out the fire escape or the diary room but no that doesnt get as much air time or sympathy
Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 PM #18

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

The results of this poll are great. I disliked Marc for a while but he's been getting far too much hate recently for nothing really
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 PM #19

Quote:
The reprimand he disagreed with but he knows the game he HAD to apologise cause brian went crying to BB like a little bitch even though he happily screamed in his face in the house (marc never did this to Brian)
oh, so, now if Hitler said "i didn't do it" you'd be like "oh, well, that changes everything"? And Marc did yell at Brian, from behind Helen, even tho it's kinda like a thing here to claim he's always calm and he provokes by hissing rather than talking, it really isn't true at all situations, he does have several modes of attack.

Quote:
But please enlighten us how Marc bullied Brian with actual examples. And lets not forget how Brian lied repeatedly about Marc behind his back to others to try to make himself look better.
First of all, Brian didn't lie. Marc claims Brian lied about nominating Chloe - not true, Brian had problem with Chloe crying and Helen still hammering on her, and he made a fuss so Helen would stop. Marc instantly sided with Helen, and Chloe instantly started insisting she has nothing to do with it, little b. and next time this incident was brought up, it was suddenly Brian lying how he had nothing to do with Chloe nomination - which was the actual lie. Marc also claims that Brian lied that he (marc) has nominated Jade, which again is load of BS, cause if Marc didn't nominate Jade, it would be 2 against 2 and she'd be safe. They were actually agreed on nominating Danny. Again Marc sided with Helen, giving cop out excuse how whatever he does he's hated, so now to avoid being hated, he'll just side with Helen and Nikki - which makes no sense, and he's not dumb enough to think that will work. So excuse that he didn't nominate Jade when he did, and claiming this is Brian's lie, is again the actual lie. I said it already, if he didn't want Jade nominated, he would've said it - Marc has never since, and never before relented so easily to peer pressure. It was all a BS. Tho, in all honesty, Marc can just look at someone and snarl as he does, and anyone would feel antagonized. Helen's way of attacking is loud and verbal. Fact that Marc isn't attacking in the same way, doesn't mean he's not attacking. Every question he asks is attack, even if it's said in monotone. If response to his provocation goes the way he doesn't know how to wiggle out, he responds "it was banter". So you can't win even if you're winning. If he knows how to argue you down, he will. Obviously you can't win when he's winning. All that is called psychological torture, and is in fact bullying.

there's no difference to what he's doing to "stop hitting your self" - man is a monster.

Quote:
Brian ran away cause he realised he was losing his status and reputation as happy loveable goon brian which he dined out on for years so he needed an angle to get out with his reputation. Any normal adult would have just you know walked out the fire escape or the diary room but no that doesnt get as much air time or sympathy
Actually, that's also load of BS.

In normal circumstances, when someone goes to BB and says "I can't take this any more, I want to go home" BB says "okay, but sleep on it, and maybe tomorrow you'll feel better". Even when there is something serious, like death in the family, (I just watched seasons 7 and 8 - Dawn in season 7 was kept in the house after receiving a message from her sister that her medical condition has worsened and she should go home, she even told other housemates she set up a code to get out, and that message was fake, and in season 8, Jonathan's granny of 104 died, and he had to stay another day before they let him go).

In fact, Brian did attempt to get out of the house just before, and was advised to sleep on it.

And sure, he could have gone back to BB and asked to go again, and be told to sleep on it again, and sleep on it again, and leave the next day.

But what grown up person would endure another day of torture, when all you need to do to get out, is scale the wall?

I know I certainly would be jumping the wall.

Even worse, when people are getting extremely hysterical, which Brian was, BB prolongs this getting out period ridiculously. Examples again from season 7 Shahbaz who had melt down and was forced to stay in house for nearly 3 days begging to get out. And again in season 8, Chanelle, who started to freak out cause Ziggy was treating her like a total idiot, and who was visibly hysterical, also was kept in house longer than a day. Odds are if Brian kept insisting to be let out trough DR, he'd be leaving on same day as Nikki and Cow did.

Anyone who thinks going to DR was more logical solution to his predicament, clearly hasn't be paying attention.

P.S. sorry for long response.
mimosveta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:55 AM #20
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):

chalk and cheese

marc has a backbone

danny does not
ozzyshaggah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:56 AM #21
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosveta View Post
oh, so, now if Hitler said "i didn't do it" you'd be like "oh, well, that changes everything"? And Marc did yell at Brian, from behind Helen, even tho it's kinda like a thing here to claim he's always calm and he provokes by hissing rather than talking, it really isn't true at all situations, he does have several modes of attack.

First of all, Brian didn't lie. Marc claims Brian lied about nominating Chloe - not true, Brian had problem with Chloe crying and Helen still hammering on her, and he made a fuss so Helen would stop. Marc instantly sided with Helen, and Chloe instantly started insisting she has nothing to do with it, little b. and next time this incident was brought up, it was suddenly Brian lying how he had nothing to do with Chloe nomination - which was the actual lie. Marc also claims that Brian lied that he (marc) has nominated Jade, which again is load of BS, cause if Marc didn't nominate Jade, it would be 2 against 2 and she'd be safe. They were actually agreed on nominating Danny. Again Marc sided with Helen, giving cop out excuse how whatever he does he's hated, so now to avoid being hated, he'll just side with Helen and Nikki - which makes no sense, and he's not dumb enough to think that will work. So excuse that he didn't nominate Jade when he did, and claiming this is Brian's lie, is again the actual lie. I said it already, if he didn't want Jade nominated, he would've said it - Marc has never since, and never before relented so easily to peer pressure. It was all a BS. Tho, in all honesty, Marc can just look at someone and snarl as he does, and anyone would feel antagonized. Helen's way of attacking is loud and verbal. Fact that Marc isn't attacking in the same way, doesn't mean he's not attacking. Every question he asks is attack, even if it's said in monotone. If response to his provocation goes the way he doesn't know how to wiggle out, he responds "it was banter". So you can't win even if you're winning. If he knows how to argue you down, he will. Obviously you can't win when he's winning. All that is called psychological torture, and is in fact bullying.

there's no difference to what he's doing to "stop hitting your self" - man is a monster.

Actually, that's also load of BS.

In normal circumstances, when someone goes to BB and says "I can't take this any more, I want to go home" BB says "okay, but sleep on it, and maybe tomorrow you'll feel better". Even when there is something serious, like death in the family, (I just watched seasons 7 and 8 - Dawn in season 7 was kept in the house after receiving a message from her sister that her medical condition has worsened and she should go home, she even told other housemates she set up a code to get out, and that message was fake, and in season 8, Jonathan's granny of 104 died, and he had to stay another day before they let him go).

In fact, Brian did attempt to get out of the house just before, and was advised to sleep on it.

And sure, he could have gone back to BB and asked to go again, and be told to sleep on it again, and sleep on it again, and leave the next day.

But what grown up person would endure another day of torture, when all you need to do to get out, is scale the wall?

I know I certainly would be jumping the wall.

Even worse, when people are getting extremely hysterical, which Brian was, BB prolongs this getting out period ridiculously. Examples again from season 7 Shahbaz who had melt down and was forced to stay in house for nearly 3 days begging to get out. And again in season 8, Chanelle, who started to freak out cause Ziggy was treating her like a total idiot, and who was visibly hysterical, also was kept in house longer than a day. Odds are if Brian kept insisting to be let out trough DR, he'd be leaving on same day as Nikki and Cow did.

Anyone who thinks going to DR was more logical solution to his predicament, clearly hasn't be paying attention.

P.S. sorry for long response.
BOLLOCKS

ps. not sorry for the short response

Last edited by ozzyshaggah; 02-07-2015 at 12:58 AM.
ozzyshaggah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:03 AM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Don't like either

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:14 AM #23

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Don't like either really.
As housemates they have both been dire but entertaining in equal amounts.
If they were the last two standing then I would prefer Danny to win as I don't think he has been as nasty in his game.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:07 AM #24

Both entertaining, Marc more so than Danny but that doesn't mean I have to like either of them. I'm certainly not going to get my knickers in a twist regarding trying to support one over..t tother.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:25 AM #25
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

Really like Marc
Really dislike Danny

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF