Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:25 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default heres How to deal with bullying companies

I had a situation where a tenant left my house and disappeared.
hed smashed it to pieces so it was 6 months to fix and exempt from council tax.
however the gas company sends me a bill last month for the period of april to September 2014? when it was empty?

so I challenged it, ive never agreed to anything nor signed a contract how can I be liable for anything? he said under the utilities act 2000 all landlords are liable?

NO CHANCE PAL

so I demanded copies of the bills, I repeatedly asked why they weren't chasing the tenants who left in april and arrived in September? why didn't they cancel the supply when the tenant left in april?

in the end he kept emailing me daily....so I said the following
Ive taken this up with my mp and the sun newspaper, I consider this harassment. I also believe the law is being misinterpreted. I am furious with rage about this, its a matter of principle and a black and white case of an abuse of power by a large company on the individual. I shall be in touch after speaking to my solicitor"

to which his reply was

on this occasion we shall clear the balance owed

CHALK ONE UP FOR THE LITTLE MAN.....

BEWARE THESE BULLIES AND BEWARE IF YOU RENT A HOUSE AND DOTN FORGET AS EVIL AS PEOPLE SAY THE SUN NEWSPAPER IS, THEY AT LEAST EXPOSE CORRUPTION AND BULLYING UNLIKE A LOAD OF OTHER SPINELESS PAPERS.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:34 PM #2

"on this occasion we shall clear the balance owed"

Good To Hear
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:09 PM #3
User banned

User banned

cheers arista , threaten the sun and the mp and maybe this works a lot more than we think? the fear of exposure , named and shamed is very powerful
Old 06-07-2015, 06:33 PM #4
-

-

We're being chased by "Spark Energy" (****ing dodgy company) who we transferred away from within 6 weeks of moving into our property. After that, we were with Scottish Gas for a year, paying £90 a month and building up a £270 credit on the account on that (a quick bit of maths shows that our actual use is around £70 a month).

We just switched again to another company, got the final bill from Scottish Power (showing the credit) and then a week later, a bill lands on our doorstep from... Spark Energy. Saying that for the 6 week period, mid February to end of March 2014, we owe them £640. Now, on top of this, we had paid around £115 to Spark already for the actual usage for the 6 weeks that we had them.

So what they are trying to tell us is, that in our semi-detached house where we KNOW from actual readings with Scottish Gas that our usage is under £70 a month, we used over £750 worth of gas and electricity in the space of 6 weeks. £125 a WEEK. It's clearly ludicrous, the guy on the phone ummed and ahhed and said it didn't sound right and he would look into it. 2 weeks later we got a letter from a debt collector still looking for the £640.

Someone's getting ripped a new arsehole.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:53 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

at last The Truth getting a break

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:03 AM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy soldier View Post
we're being chased by "spark energy" (****ing dodgy company) who we transferred away from within 6 weeks of moving into our property. After that, we were with scottish gas for a year, paying £90 a month and building up a £270 credit on the account on that (a quick bit of maths shows that our actual use is around £70 a month).

We just switched again to another company, got the final bill from scottish power (showing the credit) and then a week later, a bill lands on our doorstep from... Spark energy. Saying that for the 6 week period, mid february to end of march 2014, we owe them £640. Now, on top of this, we had paid around £115 to spark already for the actual usage for the 6 weeks that we had them.

So what they are trying to tell us is, that in our semi-detached house where we know from actual readings with scottish gas that our usage is under £70 a month, we used over £750 worth of gas and electricity in the space of 6 weeks. £125 a week. It's clearly ludicrous, the guy on the phone ummed and ahhed and said it didn't sound right and he would look into it. 2 weeks later we got a letter from a debt collector still looking for the £640.

Someone's getting ripped a new arsehole.
did they get all meter readings at the right times?get a specific email from this guy and his department and ask them as many questions as possible...proof of this usage , proof of their unit charges and that youre on the right tariff.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bullying, companies, deal