Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:23 AM #1

Smile According to Isostasy high mountains balance the earth's crust

I've taken an interest in geology after the revelation of the quran that mountains play a role in the balance of stability and movement of the earth's crust. According to the quran the mountain sunk underneath the mantle in the form of a root of stakes plays a role in the balance of the earths crust and this phenomena is known as Isostacy. after much research and mixed information online, I've finally stumbled on a reputable source outside of islam the encyclopedia of Britannica seemed to have confirmed and supports the quranic geological statement.

Quote:

Istocacy is theoretical "balance" of all large portions of Earth’s lithosphere.as though they were floating on the denser underlying layer

So here it says it controls earth's lithosphere, and where is that lithosphere? its the the rigid outer part of the earth, consisting of the crust and upper mantle.
below the surface Isostasy controls the regional elevations of continents and ocean floors in ACCORDANCE with the densities of their underlying rocks (high mountains with low density deep roots)
a mountain system, is due to a deficit of mass, or low-density roots, below sea level. Therefore, high mountains have low-density roots that extend deep into the underlying mantleIn the theory of isostasy, a mass above sea level is supported "below sea leve"l, and there is thus a certain depth at which the total weight per unit area is equal all around the Earth; this is known as the depth of compensationAccording to this hypothesis, mountains have roots below the surface that are much larger than their surface expression

conclusion:so here we read the underlying mantle of high mountain has deep roots and the so this root from its LOW densities supports the earths outerpart of the earth which is crust and mantle. we call that asthenosphere. so quran rightly talks about mountain roots give balance and stability to earths litherphere.

http://www.britannica.com/science/is...geologyfurther info on britinaccaHeiskanen hypothesis, hypothesis says that approximately two-thirds of the topography is "compensated" by the root formation (the Airy model)so here we again find that the high mountain underlying roots balance the lithosphere of earths weight. So if you have balls counter it. Lot of these info were not available on the internet so muslim couldn't answer with reference, here this info is coming from the enclyclopedia of britiannica.

Regards to quran quote here they are.
We placed firmly embedded mountains on the earth, so it would not move under them… (Qur'an, 21:31)

Have We not made the earth as a bed and the mountains its "stakes"? (Qur'an, 78:6-7)

He] cast firmly embedded mountains on the earth so that it would not move under you… (Qur'an, 31:10)

This describes the mountains roles to balance the earths crust

You see the mountains you reckoned to be solid going past like clouds. (Qur'an, 27:88)

This is what the quran says that mountains digged deep underneath in the form of root structure or stake helps to balance the above crust. and the last verse also says mountains also are not completely fixed, they move in very slow motion as continental crust drifts.

hope that explains everything.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhad View Post
I've taken an interest in geology after the revelation of the quran that mountains play a role in the balance of stability and movement of the earth's crust. According to the quran the mountain sunk underneath the mantle in the form of a root of stakes plays a role in the balance of the earths crust and this phenomena is known as Isostacy. after much research and mixed information online, I've finally stumbled on a reputable source outside of islam the encyclopedia of Britannica seemed to have confirmed and supports the quranic geological statement.

Regards to quran quote here they are.
We placed firmly embedded mountains on the earth, so it would not move under them… (Qur'an, 21:31)

Have We not made the earth as a bed and the mountains its "stakes"? (Qur'an, 78:6-7)

He] cast firmly embedded mountains on the earth so that it would not move under you… (Qur'an, 31:10)

This describes the mountains roles to balance the earths crust

You see the mountains you reckoned to be solid going past like clouds. (Qur'an, 27:88)

This is what the quran says that mountains digged deep underneath in the form of root structure or stake helps to balance the above crust. and the last verse also says mountains also are not completely fixed, they move in very slow motion as continental crust drifts.

hope that explains everything.
Welcome back Farhad. I wondered where you'd got to.

Yes, it's always good when 'science'proves your Holy Book is correct in some things.

For years the 'establishment' view among scholars has been that the Biblical account of Joshua bringing down the walls of Jericho could not be true because at the time of the supposed event - 1400 BC - Jericho was already nothing more than an abandoned ruin, and a date for its destruction was firmly fixed at 1550 to 1600 BC.

This 'scientific' view that Jericho fell some 150 years earlier than the Biblical account, was largely due to the work in the 1950's of a British Archeologist, Kathleen Kenyon.

Kenyon was a protege of another archeologist, John Garstang, who in the 1930's, excavated Tell-es-Sultan which is the site of Jericho, and his findings CORROBORATED the date of the biblical account. Years later, when Kenyon undertook further excavation at Jericho, Garstang fully expected her to substantiate his findings, but she did the exact opposite, came up with her own - much earlier date - which discredited both Garstang AND the Biblical account, and made herself famous into the bargain.

After Kenyon, Garstang's findings were ignored and the biblical date for the fall of Jericho was ridiculed.

Now, however, as so often happens in the 'scientific' world, extensive new work by Bryant G. Wood - the world's foremost authority on Caananite pottery, has shown that Kenyon was WRONG and Garstang was CORRECT - the walls of Jericho DID fall in 1400 as the Bible claims it did.

There are many, many instances of 'science' ultimately proving the Bible correct but such news is hardly heralded to the world at large because each finding further weakens the case of extreme atheists.

I shall look into this geological news which you report Farhad - thank you for posting it.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:42 AM #3

been a while farhad

You Are Aware there is No God
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:24 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Welcome back Farhad. I wondered where you'd got to.

Yes, it's always good when 'science'proves your Holy Book is correct in some things.

For years the 'establishment' view among scholars has been that the Biblical account of Joshua bringing down the walls of Jericho could not be true because at the time of the supposed event - 1400 BC - Jericho was already nothing more than an abandoned ruin, and a date for its destruction was firmly fixed at 1550 to 1600 BC.

This 'scientific' view that Jericho fell some 150 years earlier than the Biblical account, was largely due to the work in the 1950's of a British Archeologist, Kathleen Kenyon.

Kenyon was a protege of another archeologist, John Garstang, who in the 1930's, excavated Tell-es-Sultan which is the site of Jericho, and his findings CORROBORATED the date of the biblical account. Years later, when Kenyon undertook further excavation at Jericho, Garstang fully expected her to substantiate his findings, but she did the exact opposite, came up with her own - much earlier date - which discredited both Garstang AND the Biblical account, and made herself famous into the bargain.

After Kenyon, Garstang's findings were ignored and the biblical date for the fall of Jericho was ridiculed.

Now, however, as so often happens in the 'scientific' world, extensive new work by Bryant G. Wood - the world's foremost authority on Caananite pottery, has shown that Kenyon was WRONG and Garstang was CORRECT - the walls of Jericho DID fall in 1400 as the Bible claims it did.

There are many, many instances of 'science' ultimately proving the Bible correct but such news is hardly heralded to the world at large because each finding further weakens the case of extreme atheists.

I shall look into this geological news which you report Farhad - thank you for posting it.

Atheist run the world these days, and anything that proves our scriptures they will manipulate to further get people to deny the existence of a creator.

Last edited by farhad; 06-10-2015 at 12:42 PM.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:59 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

well you certainly have convinced me

I actually thought mountains were no more than folded rock due to tectonic movement a bit like when you press a sheet of paper together from both sides

It just shows you that the Quran really is the place to go for all your geological needs

By the way I found a homosexual the other day, can you tell me what needs to be done?

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 06-10-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: god blesss alan
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:05 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
well you certainly have convinced me

I actually thought mountains were no more than folded rock due to tectonic movement a bit like when you press a sheet of paper together from both sides

It just shows you that the Quran really is the place to go for all your geological needs

By the way I found a homosexual the other day, can you tell me what needs to be done?
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
balance, crust, earth, high, isostasy, mountains