Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:16 PM #1
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Default Woman jailed after RSPCA officer discovered a horrifying scene at her house

Quote:

A CRUEL pet owner has been jailed after RSPCA inspectors discovered her house of horrors littered with dead and decomposing animals.

Animal welfare inspectors were horrified when they made the grisly find at Tracey Tindall’s Bradford home in November last year.

Among the dead and dying animals was a bullmastiff, whose rotting body was still chained to its kennel.

Inspectors also found dead rabbits, a black cat, a border collie and two of its puppies, two more cats which had to later be put down and a lifeless bearded dragon.

Bradford magistrates court heard that when Inspectors Evans and Weston had surveyed the property they were met by Tindall who was returning to the property from the doctors.

She explained how she had been living with her mother who was suffering from dementia in a different property, but had been regularly returning to tend the animals.

Further inspection uncovered a scene of filth with animals faeces and rubbish strewn across the home and garden.

Prosecuting for the RSPCA, Mr Andrew Davidson said: "When the inspectors went into the living room, the floor was covered in faeces. There was no water present for the animals.

"When they went into the dining room, under the table was the body of a black cat which appeared to have recently died.

"In a cage they found a bearded dragon which appeared to be lifeless and had no light or water.

"In the dining area, the inspectors saw four puppy training crates. The right hand crate had the decomposing bodies of two puppies.

"Miss Tindall said the puppies had been in the crates for a couple of weeks to stop they chewing or wrecking the place.

"In the left hand crate there was the carcass of an adult collie."

Many of the surviving animals were found to be in a horrific state when they were rushed to the vets, with many rated as one out of five on a body condition index.

Tindall, 46, confirmed she had been solely responsible for the animals and that they had not been looked after as "she would have liked".

Mr Davidson added: "Miss Tindall said she was feeding them when she could but the money she received didn't go far.

"She explained she had no gas or electricity for a month and that she couldn't clean up because she didn't have cleaning products or hot water.

"These animals suffered for a long time because of the deprivation of food and the conditions they were kept in.

"There were far too many animals to be looked after in a property of this size."

As Tindall sobbed in the court, Ms Sara Lyle, mitigating, admitted her client was drinking heavily and was in a depressive state as a result of looking after her mother, who sadly passed away two days after the RSPCA found her animals.

Ms Lyle added: "There is not a word to describe how remorseful Miss Tindall feels."

She was handed an 18-week sentence following the neglect which magistrates chair Beryl Eakin described as "very harrowing".

Tindall, who pleaded guilty to 11 charges of failing to meet animal needs and nine of causing unnecessary suffering, was also disqualified from keeping animals for 20 years and an order was made to seize the two cats and five kittens still in her possession.

Read more (caution: GRAPHIC IMAGES): http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...l-neglect.html

What a vile piece of work, deserved a far longer sentence!! She can afford cigarettes yet not pet food... TRASH.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:32 PM #2

"deserved a far longer sentence"

I agree
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:40 PM #3

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

I saw this yesterday,she should have had a much longer sentence,personally I would have chained her to a kennel and left her there,time to get tougher on these cretinous lowlifes that abuse animals and neglect them.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM #4
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"Miss Tindall said the puppies had been in the crates for a couple of weeks to stop they chewing or wrecking the place.
As if she hadn't wrecked it enough anyway

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:03 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

she needs to be put down the vile filthy hag
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:06 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

people who live like this are mentally ill
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:51 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Exactly. Mentally ill with an alcohol addiction. People like her need a full medical assessment and the necessary treatment in the correct facility as well as being banned for life from owning or caring for any type of animal.

As sad and tragic as this is for those poor animals, I don't believe a normal prison is the right place to be sending her.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:25 PM #8
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I saw this yesterday,she should have had a much longer sentence,personally I would have chained her to a kennel and left her there,time to get tougher on these cretinous lowlifes that abuse animals and neglect them.
Wonderful, spot on Kazanne.

What a horrible scene,cretinous lowlife is the only description appropriate.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:33 PM #9
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

its a tragic scene it really is. I always think its worse when this happens to animals or children when they are completely dependent on others looking after them.

With a house full of animals, those not caged would eventually turn on each other as hunger set in which is a horrifying thought. I'm also surprised that no-one heard anything because animals in distress are not quiet, and there were a lot of them. I don't think the full details of this have been disclosed.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:35 PM #10
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Exactly. Mentally ill with an alcohol addiction. People like her need a full medical assessment and the necessary treatment in the correct facility as well as being banned for life from owning or caring for any type of animal.

As sad and tragic as this is for those poor animals, I don't believe a normal prison is the right place to be sending her.
I agree with the last part, she shouldn't be in prison with a clean environment and food handed to her, she should suffer like those animals did.

She's rotten and it'd be a shame if the tax payers have to foot the bill to look after the evil bitch.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:33 AM #11
Sod orf

Sod orf

I'm guessing she got a 3 for a pound deal on the Tango shower gel.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:15 AM #12
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post

Yeah she sounds like one of those hoarders, sad for both her and those poor animals

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:18 AM #13

she has got a illness and needs help.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:21 AM #14
-

-

Imagine the smell

But yes there is literally no explanation for this other than mental illness. She should be in a secure psychiatric facility, not a prison, which will only make her worse.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:59 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Or just lazy ,filthy and uncaring.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:07 PM #16
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Perhaps there should be some legislation to cover animal welfare and the mentally ill. If you can't look after yourself you can't look after an animal. This is a case of ongoing neglect and cruelty and she should have had a much longer sentence. And it's INSANE to think they've had to seize another cat and its kittens from her! Having a pet is a privilege and a responsibility. Once you've shown you can't handle that you should never be allowed to keep another animal ever.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:10 PM #17
-

-

Quote:
Or just lazy ,filthy and uncaring.
There's "Lazy and dirty" and then there's "Gathering a tonne of animals and allowing them to starve and a house to be destroyed". Come on. A "Lazy, filthy and uncaring" person doesn't end up in the situation to have that happen in the first place. No "normal thinking" person does. The problem here is addiction and mental illness, as it is with a whole bucketload of the nation's problems.

What's the point in putting her in prison for a while only for her to come out worse than ever? Vengeance of some sort? It's entirely hollow. We are a civilised country and we believe in rehabilitation. Or, at least, we're supposed to. I know there are plenty of people desperate for a pitchfork to gnaw on.

The real tragedy is that most of the time, once a person is this far gone, things are never going to change much. Yet another broken soul in a ****ty system. I just wish we'd stop letting people turn into this in the first place. THAT is how you stop these horrific stories from happening. Not by burning people at the stake after it's done.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:12 PM #18
-

-

Quote:
And it's INSANE to think they've had to seize another cat and its kittens from her!
Apparently it's not insane Livia - it's the action of a completely sane and rational person who fully comprehends the consequences of her past and current actions. She was just too lazy to not get a load more cats.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:20 PM #19
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Apparently it's not insane Livia - it's the action of a completely sane and rational person who fully comprehends the consequences of her past and current actions. She was just too lazy to not get a load more cats.
If she is indeed mental, she will be in the system somewhere. If she's so far down that road that she let these animals die in an horrific way and we're going to accept that as an excuse, then someone should have stepped in long before now. Saying she has mental problems, which I assume is what you're doing, does not excuse her for this. The woman has no sympathy, no empathy and should never have been allowed a pet, let alone a whole menagerie. And now she should be motored closely, like they monitor animal abusers in the USA, because animal abuse and other kinds of abuse often go hand in hand.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:49 PM #20
-

-

Quote:
If she is indeed mental, she will be in the system somewhere. If she's so far down that road that she let these animals die in an horrific way and we're going to accept that as an excuse, then someone should have stepped in long before now. Saying she has mental problems, which I assume is what you're doing, does not excuse her for this. The woman has no sympathy, no empathy and should never have been allowed a pet, let alone a whole menagerie. And now she should be motored closely, like they monitor animal abusers in the USA, because animal abuse and other kinds of abuse often go hand in hand.
I'm not saying it's an excuse or that there should be no consequences, like I said she should be placed in a secure psychiatric unit rather than a conventional prison. It's quite clearly not appropriate for someone who is already a trainwreck.

Anyway - the bolded part of your post is really my entire point. She's too far gone to be anything other than what she is at this point, but that is tragic. People shouldn't get to this point. People are dismissed and brushed under the carpet as they slowly disintegrate from childhood onwards and no one bothers to give them a second glance until it's FAR too late. That's just the society we live in.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:43 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Exactly there are always excuses wheeled out for these 'mentally ill' people ,imo they are scum,not surprised though it's even the same for child neglect etc,nevermind all these animals who suffered horrendously, she'll soon be getting some more !!!

Last edited by Kazanne; 06-05-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:47 PM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Exactly there are always excuses wheeled out for these 'mentally ill' people ,imo they are scum,not surprised though it's even the same for child neglect etc,nevermind all these animals who suffered horrendously, she'll soon be getting some more !!!
Seriously though, look at those photos, do you seriously think anyone who isn't mentally ill could live in those conditions? I have to agree with TS, she needs to be put into some sort of unit rather than prison. But definitely she shouldn't ever be allowed to keep animals again

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 06-05-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:02 PM #23

People are bound to respond to a story like this on an emotional level but the truth is, this is a mental health condition and needs to be treated as such.

Animal hoarding nearly always leads to gross neglect of those animals and is a diagnosable mental illness. It is usually treated with cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) but has a 100 percent relapse without appropriate treatment.
http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxi...ects-can-peopl

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 06-05-2016 at 02:02 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:10 PM #24

Anybody that buys The butterfly effect 2 on dvd must be metally unstable that should have been an early warning sign right there.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:28 PM #25
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Anybody that buys The butterfly effect 2 on dvd must be metally unstable that should have been an early warning sign right there.
That genuinely jumped out at me when I saw the first photo too.

The film is that bad. Amidst all that horror, it still stands out like "UGH... Butterfly Effect 2? NO."

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discovered, horrifying, house, jailed, officer, rspca, scene, woman