Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-06-2016, 03:05 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default time to sign the 2nd referendum petition?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

i know theres some frauds but 3.9 million is a lot even if 25% are fake
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 03:10 AM #2

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

The entire petition was faked by 4chan.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 04:10 AM #3
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

I've signed her!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:01 AM #4

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Premature.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:10 AM #5
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post

Okay this is a joke right? You have wanted out of the EU no question, now we have made our bed, Cameron won't reverse this, his revenge for people being so stupid is to let them lie in it
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:14 AM #6
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:

A 2nd referendum will make Great Britain look like a complete circus and a joke on the world stage. A part of me might want to watch that type of drama and entertainment play out. It's not going to affect my life at all so if the Brits want to do it, go for it.
Liberty4eva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:17 AM #7
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...so which is worse, that we've shunned the EU or that we're not a country that can make any decisions..it doesn't really make any difference now does it.../the damage as they say has been done and can't be undone...anyways, no matter what my personal feelings, it was a democratic vote and I believe in democracy so it has to stand...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:19 AM #8
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
A 2nd referendum will make Great Britain look like a complete circus and a joke on the world stage. A part of me might want to watch that type of drama and entertainment play out. It's not going to affect my life at all so if the Brits want to do it, go for it.
We are already a laughing stock and people like you with your views are also
Old 28-06-2016, 06:20 AM #9
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...so which is worse, that we've shunned the EU or that we're not a country that can make any decisions..it doesn't really make any difference now does it.../the damage as they say has been done and can't be undone...anyways, no matter what my personal feelings, it was a democratic vote and I believe in democracy so it has to stand...

Last edited by Liberty4eva; 28-06-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 28-06-2016, 06:22 AM #10
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
We are already a laughing stock and people like you with your views are also
I kind of get the feeling that you don't like me.
Old 28-06-2016, 06:24 AM #11
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I've thought about this Ammi the vote built on lies though and like a government that gets elected on false promises that they never carry out, why do the British people have to go through with this? If the leave campaign were to honour any of their promises I would say yes, this has to stand, but given that they aren't I think the 49 per cent who voted to stay have a right to demand a new referendum.

Last edited by Cherie; 28-06-2016 at 06:26 AM.
Old 28-06-2016, 06:25 AM #12
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
I kind of get the feeling that you don't like me.
I'm sure you are lovely I just don't like your views
Old 28-06-2016, 06:30 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I've thought about this Ammi the vote built on lies though and like a government that gets elected on a false promises that they never carry out, why do the British people have to go through with this? If the leave campaign were to honour any of their promises I would say yes, this has to stand, but given that they aren't I think the 49 per cent who voted to stay have a right to demand a new referendum.
..I do think it's wrong that those lies/liars will not have any accountability for their actions, Cherie...but even in a revote and a possible different outcome...?...I don't think that it will change any perceptions toward us from the rest of the world...you can't open Pandora's box and then re-close it again so easily...(well not literally Pandora's box/end of the world type thing but you know what I mean..)...but once something has been 'released' like this then the control of it is lost as well...it's not about us anymore like it was with the voting, it's now about how we're perceived and the damage that has done...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:34 AM #14
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..I do think it's wrong that those lies/liars will not have any accountability for their actions, Cherie...but even in a revote and a possible different outcome...?...I don't think that it will change any perceptions toward us from the rest of the world...you can't open Pandora's box and then re-close it again so easily...(well not literally Pandora's box/end of the world type thing but you know what I mean..)...but once something has been 'released' like this then the control of it is lost as well...it's not about us anymore like it was with the voting, it's now about how we're perceived and the damage that has done...
I agree with that, I heard someone refer to it as the "Letting the genie out of the bottle"..
Old 28-06-2016, 06:41 AM #15
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Old 28-06-2016, 07:00 AM #16
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

At a snapshot in time, we voted out. and 50% of the population are pissed, the only reason to hold another vote would be to reverse the decision, so its pointless having the vote, just reverse it. However, if we do that, 50% of the population will still be pissed, it won't have changed the division that has been created in the country.

The negotiations are a nebulous thing, so we do have an opportunity to find a solution that the majority of the country will be happy with, irrespective of the vote. The question is, do we trust those that represent us in the negotiations. I think the answer is absolutely not, which is why we are seeing all the upheaval in westminster right now. None of them can be trusted. We have evidence, very recent evidence, that they are all a bunch of liars. That's the real problem, and the issue that must be resolved.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 07:12 AM #17

You can argue about it until the cows come home but it was a Democratic vote and it should stand.
Old 28-06-2016, 07:34 AM #18
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
I've thought about this Ammi the vote built on lies though and like a government that gets elected on false promises that they never carry out, why do the British people have to go through with this? If the leave campaign were to honour any of their promises I would say yes, this has to stand, but given that they aren't I think the 49 per cent who voted to stay have a right to demand a new referendum.

The problem with referenda is that they definitely have uncertain outcomes,David Cameron really should have re-thought this after the Scottish Independence referendum.
Margaret Thatcher called referenda a failure of govt, who are 'elected' to make the decisions.

There will I feel sure,never be a referendum held on the death penalty, because the majority of elected MPs are against it but the public would likely massively vote for it.

This is not a democratic referendum,it also is not apparently legally binding on the govt and it produced a small majority of total votes of only 4%,with 50% of the nations of the UK voting to remain and 50% to leave.

That also should be taken into consideration.

In 1979, there was a devolution vote in Scotland,which resulted in a narrow win for the support of same,the Conservative govt of the time refused to grant devolution.
Partly on the premise of consideration that voters who do not vote give consent to the status quo.

I accept there was an overall votes cast vote to leave but so small it should not be binding,of course David Cameron and the govt should have put locks in place,even that 3 Nations of the UK had to support one way or the other, or a minimum majority.
I think it was MTVN who said, there should be a majority lock on this to be binding.

FoR me however, to call this democracy is, sorry but its laughable, all that has swung this result is the bigger Country of the UK,with its greater population it has dictated the result of this referendum,combining the other 3 Nations vote, it would have been a vote to remain.

I cannot think of anything less democratic actually where there are supposed to be 4 equal as to status Nations in a United kingdom but where the strength of the larger one dictates near all the time.

MPs should be asked if they wish to implement this referendum result,they all got elected last year on their pro EU or anti EU stances,and over 400 of them are pro EU, with the rest against.

I have come across so many people who really believed the Ł350million weekly cost to the EU,blatant misleading lie, not from Farage, being fair to him,who has for the main part of the campaign used the nett figure and not that misleading one.
I have come across people who voted leave who are labour voters, doing so to get rid of Cameron thinking that would get them a Labour govt after the vote.
I have come across people who voted leave, really believing it meant all immigrants would be stopped right now from coming and all here would be sent out the Country.
Awful, sinister and it should be unacceptable.
Absolutely wrong and even bonkers.

This was the most filthy gutter trash campaign I have seen that has whipped up hatred against people who have lived here for decades and who were even born here.

For that prejudice in a fair sized minority part, voting as to the result, for them to be now rewarded with success on top of the fact 2 Nations of the UK voted, by a larger margin, as to percentage of votes cast, to remain, now just to be dismissed is and should be actually an affront to democracy.
More to the point such views should not be encouraged for the future by allowing success for same either.

As the analysis of this result is done,it has not given a really clear view,it should not be binding and I would support the MPs, if they had the courage to, to vote this down as being inconclusive.

The awful gloating too from the leave side, not the campaigners,the supporters of, are also only fuelling this racial and xenophobic distrust and hate against people in the UK now.
Equally they are a disgrace to any kind of so called democracy too.

This decision comes from in the main a minority's prejudices, not just against foreigners in the UK, living and working but even against the other Nations of the UK, such as Scotland, some comments as to Scotland are as anti as they are to EU and other people from other Countries.
That bad attitude used even towards another Nation of the UK.

The biggest joke and saddest joke of all has to be, we are called the United Kingdom, not at all are we, anything but,we are now more divided than ever, we are only a United Kingdom when the majority of England 'only' gets its way and that is all that has to be accepted in this so called democracy.

This referendum,this shocking divisive campaign and the result standing afterwards,is a stain on the UK and its democracy, not a recommendation for it in my opinion.

However, no thank you, not another referendum on this issue, the resentment and hate of a good minority of leave minded people would be fuelled further and likely get worse.
MPs have to take a responsible lead here now in the national interest, not Party or any other but for what is really good for the UK overall.
getting the very best deal for the UK, and for me that is in the single market and if that means we have to still accept the free movement of EU citizens, so be it.

We must never allow racial prejudice or xenophobia, no matter what strength it's minority may have as to numbers, to have any place in the major decisions or votes of anything as to the UK.

Last edited by joeysteele; 28-06-2016 at 09:22 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:33 AM #19

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

No.
We all had an equal chance at voting, it went in the favour of out so that's the way it should go.
It was a serious referendum not a game of rock, paper scissors.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:40 AM #20

Quote:

NO NO NO

there is no 2nd one.

Confirmed yesterday in Parliament
by David Cameron UK PM

Its Done.
Stop Moaning

Last edited by arista; 28-06-2016 at 08:41 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:43 AM #21

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:44 AM #22
-

-

Wouldn't make a difference, the damage is done. In-out-in-out just makes us look unstable... finance and investment in the UK has been significantly damaged for decades either way (which makes us pretty screwed because we don't have much else propping up our economy)
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 09:53 AM #23

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:

Are you feeling ok?
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 11:19 AM #24
0_o

0_o

On the one hand I think that the vote should stand as it was a democratic vote and leave won

On the other hand, the amount of people regretting their leave vote that I have spoken to is absolutely insane. Most now admit/know that the leave campaign was largely based on lies. The main points were immigration and the NHS thing. Both taken back the DAY after the vote was taken. As such, leave won by duping people, or so it appears. So I kinda think a second vote would be fair as now people actually KNOW what they are voting for, know immigration is unlikely to change...which would significantly affect the voting IMO as so many voted solely as they thought we would be rid of 'those foreigners' :S

Having a second vote though now would pretty much guarantee riots. I wish people had looked into the whole thing more before voting...I really do. Since when do we just blindly believe politicians?!
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 11:21 AM #25
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

While we're at it, can we demand a replay of the England Iceland match? I didn't like that result either, so surely we can demand another crack at it?
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2nd, petition, referendum, sign, time