Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-06-2016, 09:04 PM #1
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Default CNN interviews Daniel Hannan (disgraceful)

Liberty4eva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:01 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
She is a fecking DISGRACE. Who the hell employs an amateur, disorganised, rude, and offensive idiot like her?

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:21 AM #3
-

-

Well... if we can all agree on anything it's that that was a truly awful interview. **** me.

HOWEVER he does seem to have gone to the LT school of head-sand-burying when it comes to branding the upturn in racist incidents as "pure coincidence" . "Where's the proof that they're related". Pffff.

Like I said on the other thread; I don't think all or even a majority of Leave voters are racist. Not for one second. And I don't think that the fact that the vote took place has "created" any racists. What it HAS done is embolden some of the people who already had that **** boiling inside of them, to let it out either verbally or physically, feeling (again I will add, incorrectly!) that they now have the backing of the majority. It has unleashed a monster, hopefully only temporarily, as hopefully law enforcement will be coming down on it like a tonne of bricks and people will get the message that it's not suddenly "allowed now because Brexit".

Another anecdote: Had to politely tell a customer to **** off and never come back earlier tonight for shoving another out of the way and saying, and I directly quote, "Get out of my ****in' way. When are you ****ing off back to Poland now that we've voted Leave anyway???". That's after another yesterday who has been a customer for years, quiet guy, barely ever said two words... went on a 30-second non stop tirade about "P*ki's, n***ers and all them other ****in' extremists finally out".

I've been in the same job six and a half years and never known anything like it. But it's just coincidence, of course .

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 01-07-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:33 AM #4
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Well... if we can all agree on anything it's that that was a truly awful interview. **** me.

HOWEVER he does seem to have gone to the LT school of head-sand-burying when it comes to branding the upturn in racist incidents as "pure coincidence" . "Where's the proof that they're related". Pffff.

Like I said on the other thread; I don't think all or even a majority of Leave voters are racist. Not for one second. And I don't think that the fact that the vote took place has "created" any racists. What it HAS done is embolden some of the people who already had that **** boiling inside of them, to let it out either verbally or physically, feeling (again I will add, incorrectly!) that they now have the backing of the majority. It has unleashed a monster, hopefully only temporarily, as hopefully law enforcement will be coming down on it like a tonne of bricks and people will get the message that it's not suddenly "allowed now because Brexit".

Another anecdote: Had to politely tell a customer to **** off and never come back earlier tonight for shoving another out of the way and saying, and I directly quote, "Get out of my ****in' way. When are you ****ing off back to Poland now that we've voted Leave anyway???". That's after another yesterday who has been a customer for years, quiet guy, barely ever said two words... went on a 30-second non stop tirade about "P*ki's, n***ers and all them other ****in' extremists finally out".

I've been in the same job six and a half years and never known anything like it. But it's just coincidence, of course .
really sad to hear this, nay I suggest you report this idiot to the police before he gets worse

as for this interview , I balme amanpour 100% for her frankly hysterical thoroughly dishonest slanderous interview, she is a pig of a woman

Last edited by the truth; 01-07-2016 at 02:47 AM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:45 AM #5
Banned

Banned

She was unprofessional but she highlighted the fact that pretty much all the Brexit MPs wanted change but aren't prepared to be apart of the hard work that comes after. They're pretty much all passing the buck left right and center.

As for the race issue, not all Brexit voters are racist but all racists were Brexit voters. To deny that a racist element was prominent in the Brexit camp is to deny reality. Racism has become more prominent since Brexit won, it's an indisputable fact, to ignore it and deny it is to allow it to fester and grow.

Last edited by Tom4784; 01-07-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:01 AM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
She was unprofessional but she highlighted the fact that pretty much all the Brexit MPs wanted change but aren't prepared to be apart of the hard work that comes after. They're pretty much all passing the buck left right and center.

As for the race issue, not all Brexit voters are racist but all racists were Brexit voters. To deny that a racist element was prominent in the Brexit camp is to deny reality. Racism has become more prominent since Brexit won, it's an indisputable fact, to ignore it and deny it is to allow it to fester and grow.
Firstly this interviewer should be sacked, she proved absolutely nothing, she simply abused her position bullied lied misrepresented and when he gave succinct detailed answered she shouted and laughed over him, if it was a male interviewer treating a woman like that hed have been sacked for sexism

there are racists and lunatics on all sides, people who want to assassinate right wingers and left wingers. deranged people. 17 million people voted mainly for sovereignty and against the EU and the corporate takeovers. The population rose 500,000 a year again that is unsustainable and it would continue unless we took control of our own affairs, these are perfectly logical arguments made by brexit and hannan throughout. her idiotic idea to show 4 brief snapshots of 4 people out of 17 million proved what? absolutely nothing
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:35 AM #7

Quote:

How Nice
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:34 AM #8
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I don't think it's smart to detail what post-Brexit Britain would look like because you still have to negotiate with the EU. It's not prudent to show your cards just yet. I can't read minds but I can understand them being hazy on the details.

BTW, you are wrong that all racists are on the Leave side. What about the few bad Muslim Britons who want all whites to be conquered or homosexuality to be made illegal (52%)? Are they not racists or is it only possible for whites to be racists? I would imagine that these people would (mostly) be on the Remain side.

Last edited by Liberty4eva; 01-07-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:07 AM #9
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Firstly this interviewer should be sacked, she proved absolutely nothing, she simply abused her position bullied lied misrepresented and when he gave succinct detailed answered she shouted and laughed over him, if it was a male interviewer treating a woman like that hed have been sacked for sexism

there are racists and lunatics on all sides, people who want to assassinate right wingers and left wingers. deranged people. 17 million people voted mainly for sovereignty and against the EU and the corporate takeovers. The population rose 500,000 a year again that is unsustainable and it would continue unless we took control of our own affairs, these are perfectly logical arguments made by brexit and hannan throughout. her idiotic idea to show 4 brief snapshots of 4 people out of 17 million proved what? absolutely nothing
Even if all 17 million were racists, the answer to this question should always be "so what"? Should the people who express these views have their voting rights stripped and their vote retroactively not count? To me, it seems obvious that this "racist" argument is just a way to not talk about the fact that Leave won in a democratic referendum fair and square. You can argue that the points the Leave camp made were deceptive (I disagree with this) but you can't argue that the Remain side had ample opportunity to respond through their many allies in the media.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:14 AM #10
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Perhaps instead of changing anyone Brexit revealed who people really are.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:20 AM #11
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
She is a fecking DISGRACE. Who the hell employs an amateur, disorganised, rude, and offensive idiot like her?
She's a veteran on CNN and has been on there for many years. Critics call CNN the Clinton News Network as they have a history of cutting the mics of guests who start talking about Hillary's controversial past. They would definitely be anti-Brexit.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:35 AM #12

Quote:
She's a veteran on CNN and has been on there for many years. Critics call CNN the Clinton News Network as they have a history of cutting the mics of guests who start talking about Hillary's controversial past. They would definitely be anti-Brexit.

Yes but she NEEDS Glasses
Old 01-07-2016, 09:12 AM #13
-

-

Quote:
Perhaps instead of changing anyone Brexit revealed who people really are.
Well yes... That's basically what I said. However to answer you previous question of "so what"... "so" it shouldn't be going unchecked. This needs to be snubbed out, now, before it really starts to take root. Brexit voters need to accept that - whether they like it or not - a good chunk of this has been a "side effect" of the vote and Leave voters (the bulk of whom again I'm sure do not share these vile opinions) should be just as concerned as anyone else. Poo-pooing it all away as unrelated / just coincidence / "these things have always happened" isn't just false and disingenuous, it's potentially dangerous. For individuals, and for the country. This is not a perception of Britain that we want the world to have. Especially not now.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 PM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post

Quote:
I don't think it's smart to detail what post-Brexit Britain would look like because you still have to negotiate with the EU. It's not prudent to show your cards just yet. I can't read minds but I can understand them being hazy on the details.

BTW, you are wrong that all racists are on the Leave side. What about the few bad Muslim Britons who want all whites to be conquered or homosexuality to be made illegal (52%)? Are they not racists or is it only possible for whites to be racists? I would imagine that these people would (mostly) be on the Remain side.
Quote:
Even if all 17 million were racists, the answer to this question should always be "so what"? Should the people who express these views have their voting rights stripped and their vote retroactively not count? To me, it seems obvious that this "racist" argument is just a way to not talk about the fact that Leave won in a democratic referendum fair and square. You can argue that the points the Leave camp made were deceptive (I disagree with this) but you can't argue that the Remain side had ample opportunity to respond through their many allies in the media.
And here's the reason why Racism is just going to get worse and worse because people will continue to deny it and bury their heads in the sand instead of confronting the issue.

To act like it isn't an issue is to encourage it's growth.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM #15
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Such an unprofessional and embarrassing "interview". She made a right fool of herself and her network. Excellent forbearance from Hannan.

"You guys have been shouting 'racist' for so long, you weren't listening to what we were actually saying!"
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:07 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tom_ View Post
Such an unprofessional and embarrassing "interview". She made a right fool of herself and her network. Excellent forbearance from Hannan.

"You guys have been shouting 'racist' for so long, you weren't listening to what we were actually saying!"

she had a Sheet with Yellow highlighted Text
But NO fecking GLASESS on her FACE

If she had Contact lenses - they were Crap

Last edited by arista; 01-07-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:09 PM #17
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And here's the reason why Racism is just going to get worse and worse because people will continue to deny it and bury their heads in the sand instead of confronting the issue.

To act like it isn't an issue is to encourage it's growth.
And like I say, the purpose behind this focus on racism is just a way to distract people from the fact that there was a democratic referendum and one side one fair and square.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:12 PM #18
Banned

Banned

Quote:
And like I say, the purpose behind this focus on racism is just a way to distract people from the fact that there was a democratic referendum and one side one fair and square.
That's just a silly way to deny what's happening here. This isn't about Remain losing, The referendum doesn't matter, we're living with the mistakes of Brexit supporters no matter what at this point.

What does matter is that there has been a noticeable increase in racism and you have to be wilfully ignorant to not notice it and it's rather suspicious the lengths some people are going to on this site to deny that.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:23 PM #19
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's just a silly way to deny what's happening here. This isn't about Remain losing, The referendum doesn't matter, we're living with the mistakes of Brexit supporters no matter what at this point.

What does matter is that there has been a noticeable increase in racism and you have to be wilfully ignorant to not notice it and it's rather suspicious the lengths some people are going to on this site to deny that.
Some people who supported Leave don't like being linked with racism. George Galloway passionately supported Leave. Does that make him a racist or does it mean he links arms with racists?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:32 PM #20
-

-

Quote:
Some people who supported Leave don't like being linked with racism. George Galloway passionately supported Leave. Does that make him a racist or does it mean he links arms with racists?
Not doesn't but you have answered the question. Because people who are not racist but did vote leave don't want to be associated with racism, they are denying that there is any link or that there has been any increase at all, which is false. Basically they are being defensive, even though they haven't actually been accused of anything. Everyone is aware that it's a small minority doing these things. But it IS nonetheless linked to the result and should be tackled as such.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I'm not linking ALL Leavers to racism and I've said that multiple times. It's a large enough chunk to be noticeable yes but it's not all them. It's people like you who are tarring all the leavers with the same brush here.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:50 PM #22
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not doesn't but you have answered the question. Because people who are not racist but did vote leave don't want to be associated with racism, they are denying that there is any link or that there has been any increase at all, which is false. Basically they are being defensive, even though they haven't actually been accused of anything. Everyone is aware that it's a small minority doing these things. But it IS nonetheless linked to the result and should be tackled as such.
Tell me something, TS. Let's say that you are right that a lot of people voted for Leave because they don't like migrants.

What is your point? Does this mean the result of the referendum should be scrapped because it won for the wrong reasons? Or does it mean that while the results should honored and respected (and UK should leave the EU as soon as reasonable possible), there still are some internal racism issues that need to be addressed?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:53 PM #23
-

-

Quote:
Tell me something, TS. Let's say that you are right that a lot of people voted for Leave because they don't like migrants.

What is your point? Does this mean the result of the referendum should be scrapped because it won for the wrong reasons? Or does it mean that while the results should honored and respected (and UK should leave the EU as soon as reasonable possible), there still are some internal racism issues that need to be addressed?
It means that it needs to be acknowledged for what it is so that it can be tackled properly. That is to say, people need to get the message that leaving the EU is *not* an open invitation to air their prejudices and attack people. It does not mean that Britain will now be "only for the British". That is all.

The result is what it is, I'm not one of those calling for a re-vote.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:57 PM #24
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not linking ALL Leavers to racism and I've said that multiple times. It's a large enough chunk to be noticeable yes but it's not all them. It's people like you who are tarring all the leavers with the same brush here.
You should elaborate on the last sentence because I am not entirely sure what point you are trying to make. Whatever it is it doesn't seem like something I would agree with though. But thanks for the first 2 sentences.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:58 PM #25
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It means that it needs to be acknowledged for what it is so that it can be tackled properly. That is to say, people need to get the message that leaving the EU is *not* an open invitation to air their prejudices and attack people. It does not mean that Britain will now be "only for the British". That is all.

The result is what it is, I'm not one of those calling for a re-vote.
Alright.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cnn, daniel, disgraceful, hannan, interviews