Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 28-08-2016, 04:07 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh
Default CBB18 press

I have been reading the press reactions to CBB18, with some interest today.
There seems to have been a lot more press attention this year, particularly for a summer CBB. As far as I can remember anyway. What with rumours, of rigging/scripting/favourtism etc, the press have had something of a field day. I cant help but think of the old saying that 'theres no such thing as a bad press story'

Its also been good looking back at some of the previous winners, such as
Jack Dee, Ulrika Johnson, Julian Clary. Like them or loathe them all were worthy of the title celebrity. Those were the days!!

However Im not sure that this years winner will benefit in the long term from the attention that hes been getting from the press. Most papers absolutely slating him/his winning and predicting that his fame will be short lived because his instability will make him difficult to work with. I predict we will see something of him on TV till Januarys CBB, and the next winner.
The CBB producers will have fulfilled their contractual obligations, then he will just disappear of our screens. Im not sure that him being given so much
air time will do him any favours at all in the long run.

Lets hope they do better in January with less reality stars, less concentration on one or two housemates, better editing, and MORE LIVE FEED. We can but hope.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 04:22 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
I have been reading the press reactions to CBB18, with some interest today.
There seems to have been a lot more press attention this year, particularly for a summer CBB. As far as I can remember anyway. What with rumours, of rigging/scripting/favourtism etc, the press have had something of a field day. I cant help but think of the old saying that 'theres no such thing as a bad press story'

Its also been good looking back at some of the previous winners, such as
Jack Dee, Ulrika Johnson, Julian Clary. Like them or loathe them all were worthy of the title celebrity. Those were the days!!

However Im not sure that this years winner will benefit in the long term from the attention that hes been getting from the press. Most papers absolutely slating him/his winning and predicting that his fame will be short lived because his instability will make him difficult to work with. I predict we will see something of him on TV till Januarys CBB, and the next winner.
The CBB producers will have fulfilled their contractual obligations, then he will just disappear of our screens. Im not sure that him being given so much
air time will do him any favours at all in the long run.

Lets hope they do better in January with less reality stars, less concentration on one or two housemates, better editing, and MORE LIVE FEED. We can but hope.

I think you are right with your predictions. I don't think anyone would be interesting in working with Bear...he is so unpredictable. I wonder if he will be on This Morning this week..what's the point, you can't have a serious convo with him. He will fade into oblivion and will only ever appear on reality programmes.
Live Feed needs to come back...lets be privy to the real facts. Until they do, we will just feel cheated.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cbb18, press