Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-08-2016, 09:18 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default time to recruit replacements for inhumane junior doctors

the bma is a disgrace putting millions of lives at massive risk with their 5 day walkout...a typical example of where a moronic bully boy union grows way out of control as its ego runs amock

they yet again fail to even clarify what is their problem although more weekend pay rises are still part of their demands.

they have exploited the fact we couldnt recruit as many doctors as we like outside the eu, that will soon change with brexit...at that point we should scour the world to replace these heartless money grabbers

doctors make a fortune both on the nhs and privately....they also work fewer hours under this new contract and they also have the option of working in scotland wales or ireland on the old contract

granted the nhs has serious problems , though the government has in fairness overseen a wipeout of mrsa and we see less scandals than 10 years ago...they also spend more money per head in england than labour so in wales....the waiting lists are also massively shorter in many areas in england than wales....this red herring than anything private is evil is also nonsense. private companies tendering for small parts of the nhs , if it means a better service for patients is a good thing

time is running out on this bully boy union
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 09:33 PM #2
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

We need more doctors and less 'managers'.
Old 31-08-2016, 09:40 PM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
We need more doctors and less 'managers'.
we need to do both....way fewer managers and trust board members bleeding billions out of the nhs, we also need to replace some of these horrific ruthless junior doctors
Old 31-08-2016, 09:54 PM #4
-

-

Doctors are scrabbling to get OUT of the UK... Which doctors (trained at modern, reputable universities) are going to be queuing up to work in the NHS?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 10:02 PM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I wish the junior Doctors all the luck in the world in beating down this atrocious imposed contract.
All my family who worked as Doctors in the NHS, 2 have however already left and 2 others are going by Christmas, gone and going elsewhere to work as Doctors.
Enough really did become enough for them from this shameful govt as to this issue.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 10:52 PM #6
Banned

Banned

I pity anyone who is swallowing the Jeremy Hunt kool-aid. We must support the junior doctors, not drive them away from the NHS and make it easier for the Tories to dismantle it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 11:19 PM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I pity anyone who is swallowing the Jeremy Hunt kool-aid. We must support the junior doctors, not drive them away from the NHS and make it easier for the Tories to dismantle it.
couldnt care less about hunt, i do care about the millions of sick people being neglected by this stinking union
Old 01-09-2016, 09:33 PM #8
User banned

User banned

5 days off every month, time to replace some of these scumbags asap
Old 01-09-2016, 09:38 PM #9
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

How about you do it?... oh, you can't you don't have the qualifications or the stomach for it, all you can do is bleat about those that do.
Sad.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:40 PM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Think they are going to lose a lot of public support. I feel for anyone with a procedure pencilled in on those days, I work with Consultants who supported the original strikes but are not happy with this
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:43 PM #11

Quote:
How about you do it?... oh, you can't you don't have the qualifications or the stomach for it, all you can do is bleat about those that do.
Sad.
Well said. I've seen so many people who work in shops or restaurants for example, telling them that they should put up with it as 'everyone else puts up with it'.

I'd like to see how the truth would react if he found out he was being operated on by someone who's in the twelfth hour of their shift.
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:45 PM #12
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sad.
If this contract is imposed, as I said my family working in the NHS have already made their minds up to go and 2 have gone already.
It will end up a hollow victory for this atrocious govt.

They will see in my view, masses of Junior Doctors leave for pastures new elsewhere.
They will be lucky in England, then to provide good quality care for Patients over most of the week never mind 7 days a week with a greatly reduced number of qualified Doctors.

One thing is for sure,a good number of Junior Doctors will not accept working under this new contract and will leave.
With less and less people applying to become Doctors, this pathetic PM, health Secretary and govt, will eventually be seen for the liars they are on this issue, albeit too late then.

Last edited by joeysteele; 01-09-2016 at 09:46 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:47 PM #13
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

They don't care about those who can't afford private healthcare that's what it boils down to, if serfs die they are replaced not repaired, that is how it is now.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:52 PM #14
Banned

Banned

Five days off a month isn't exactly a big ask.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:54 PM #15
0_o

0_o

I would train to be a doctor is I could afford to. Well..a surgeon I want to be tbh, or a midwife maybe. Something doctor-y anyway. But I cannot afford to train. Can't even afford to train to nurse level
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:56 PM #16
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Think they are going to lose a lot of public support. I feel for anyone with a procedure pencilled in on those days, I work with Consultants who supported the original strikes but are not happy with this
How do these strikes differ?
Old 01-09-2016, 10:19 PM #17
User banned

User banned

as usual the junior doctors have totally failed to clarify their hollow argument , which put simply is, we dont want to work weekends and if we do we want double time ....every other massive organization has continental shift patterns 4 days on 4 days off, thats exactly what these doctors should have...if they dont like it, go to scotland wales or ireland or abroad ...time they put patients first not their bank balance and social lives
Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
as usual the junior doctors have totally failed to clarify their hollow argument , which put simply is, we dont want to work weekends and if we do we want double time ....every other massive organization has continental shift patterns 4 days on 4 days off, thats exactly what these doctors should have...if they dont like it, go to scotland wales or ireland or abroad ...time they put patients first not their bank balance and social lives
Pssst... they already do .

Put simply Hunt has promised the country that he will 'deliver a seven day NHS', meaning more non-emergency services will be available on the weekend. However, he wants to do this without spending any extra money. He's therefore decided to sretch the current resources more thinly over seven days rather than five, creating a situation where junior doctors (at the moment, other health professionals will likely be next) are overworked and overtired. This isn't safe. Tired doctors make mistakes, and unlike employees of other massive organisations, when doctors make mistakes, it costs lives.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:29 PM #19
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream View Post

Put simply Hunt has promised the country that he will 'deliver a seven day NHS', meaning more non-emergency services will be available on the weekend. However, he wants to do this without spending any extra money. He's therefore decided to sretch the current resources more thinly over seven days rather than five, creating a situation where junior doctors (at the moment, other health professionals will likely be next) are overworked and overtired. This isn't safe. Tired doctors make mistakes, and unlike employees of other massive organisations, when doctors make mistakes, it costs lives.
Yup, this has been how I have taken all of the news and such surrounding this. It is also the views expressed by friends of mine who work in various hospuital positions. I tend to stay out of these discussions usually as I don't understand it completely myself, however I do trust that the people I know who are affected(or are good friends/family of someone who is affected) know what they are talking about...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-09-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:30 PM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Old 01-09-2016, 10:32 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
if they dont like it, go to scotland wales or ireland or abroad ...time they put patients first not their bank balance and social lives
So it's worth losing potentially thousands of talented professionals to other countries from a field of work where there are already not enough staff, to expand accessibility to some non-essential services to the weekend? Hunt claims more people die on weekends in hospitals due to lack of care. This is not the case and his reasoning is based on very flakey evidence. The NHS already is a seven-day service. Doctors, nurses, any anyone else who works in the health service sacrfice so much of their time and effort, for little pay (nurses, for example, have had their pay frozen for years while MPs have helped themselves to an 11% pay rise), to save lives. You'll miss them when they're gone, and Jeremy Hunt finally achieves his long-time aim to privatise health care in the UK.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:38 PM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
So it's worth losing potentially thousands of talented professionals to other countries from a field of work where there are already not enough staff, to expand accessibility to some non-essential services to the weekend? Hunt claims more people die on weekends in hospitals due to lack of care. This is not the case and his reasoning is based on very flakey evidence. The NHS already is a seven-day service. Doctors, nurses, any anyone else who works in the health service sacrfice so much of their time and effort, for little pay (nurses, for example, have had their pay frozen for years while MPs have helped themselves to an 11% pay rise), to save lives. You'll miss them when they're gone, and Jeremy Hunt finally achieves his long-time aim to privatise health care in the UK.
With both my kids having congenital conditions I just daren't envisage this
Old 01-09-2016, 10:52 PM #23

Quote:
With both my kids having congenital conditions I just daren't envisage this
It's nightmarish. The NHS has done so much for my family, it's saved my life, and is the thing that makes me most proud to be British.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:59 PM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
It's nightmarish. The NHS has done so much for my family, it's saved my life, and is the thing that makes me most proud to be British.
True, did you see the article with that prat chef saying Mary Berry was wrong to speak out about deep fat fryers as they are an intrinsic part of 'British culture'!....Where are their heads at?.... where?

* goes a bit loco *
Old 01-09-2016, 11:08 PM #25
User banned

User banned

Quote:
the people leading this disgusting revolt which will result in the deaths of 1000s of innocent people just to get the millionare doctors even more cash and time off at weekends need to be replaced asap...they are scum

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
doctors, inhumane, junior, recruit, replacements, time