Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-10-2016, 04:10 PM #1

Default France :Calais Jungle to be bulldozed starting Monday 24th/10/16

Yes move on.

France has the right

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bulldozed.html
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 06:31 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

See they made a mistake making a jungle theme camp.It should've been a desert theme so they'd feel more at home.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 07:14 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Reading through these threads on the immigrants situation it's pretty clear than Isis haven't just killed people, their activities have also killed our humanity and compassion. I rarely post in these types of threads, as I would be banned within a few days...
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 08:06 PM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Reading through these threads on the immigrants situation it's pretty clear than Isis haven't just killed people, their activities have also killed our humanity and compassion. I rarely post in these types of threads, as I would be banned within a few days...
Well said jet and I mean that 100%.

I have been off for a few weeks really with family matters.
Serious debates was an area I loved to not only participate in but read too.
Not so now.

My only contribution now to this and likely some abuse will flow from this statement,comes from how I am, think and feel.
I hope I never change how I have come to think and feel as to migrants,refugees and anything that involves people.

I see myself as a human being, just one of many of the whole human race.

Whether fleeing persecution, war,famine and /or fleeing for their lives,I see all doing so as other equal human beings.
Reaching out and helping in their dire need is what I would always hope I would try to do and what those with power would do.

Adult or child,if other humans have any need or fear at all, hope and security is what they should be able to find, not judgement, derision and condemnation.

Last edited by joeysteele; 22-10-2016 at 08:07 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 08:49 PM #5
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post

Not so now.

My only contribution now to this and likely some abuse will flow from this statement,comes from how I am, think and feel.
I hope I never change how I have come to think and feel as to migrants,refugees and anything that involves people.

Whether fleeing persecution, war,famine and /or fleeing for their lives,I see all doing so as other equal human beings.
Reaching out and helping in their dire need is what I would always hope I would try to do and what those with power would do.

Adult or child,if other humans have any need or fear at all, hope and security is what they should be able to find, not judgement, derision and condemnation.
While your stance is commendable Joey, there are many who do abuse the systems, they take advantage and play on that very good nature.

I haven't seen anyone on this forum say they would turn their back on any genuine refugees, so please don't paint us all with that brush either.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 08:53 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
While your stance is commendable Joey, there are many who do abuse the systems, they take advantage and play on that very good nature.

I haven't seen anyone on this forum say they would turn their back on any genuine refugees, so please don't paint us all with that brush either.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 08:54 PM #7
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

all those poor people
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:02 PM #8
0_o

0_o

I won't click the mail link, but what exactly is happening to those who are there now?

Surely they can't stay in France. I assume they can't come here. I doubt anyone will be paying for flights back to wherever they came from. So is it just a case of...make your own way back the way you came?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:09 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I won't click the mail link, but what exactly is happening to those who are there now?

Surely they can't stay in France. I assume they can't come here. I doubt anyone will be paying for flights back to wherever they came from. So is it just a case of...make your own way back the way you came?
They just said on the news that they would be offered places in refugee centres, but some might refuse and continue to try to get to the UK.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:11 PM #10
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Firstly, I painted no one at all with any brush except myself, so please do not manipulate my words to possibly try to cause problems for me on here.
I do not appreciate that.

I stated how I feel and think myself,not a single thing about no one else.

The only other thing I did was actually agree totally with jet, who surprisingly I see you chose not to take him up on what he said but you did myself right off.

Anyway you got your first handclap so well done to you.
Old 22-10-2016, 09:16 PM #11

Quote:

Not so now.

A very noble speech Joey, most commendable, and guaranteed to raise your popularity on here even more in certain quarters, but I am totally confused.

Are you referring to genuine Refugees? Illegal Economic Migrants? Or ALL?

There is a VAST difference between illegal immigrants wanting to gain entry into the UK for ECONOMIC reasons, and GENUINE refugees who NEED sanctuary and help.

The trouble is, I - and just a few others - speak only the truth, and it doesn't make us popular on here.

And that truth which we speak, is that this little island is zillions of pounds in debt, and all its services - the Benefits System, NHS, Police, Fire Services, Education and schools, Army etc etc, are collapsing under dwindling funding and the strain of TOO MANY PEOPLE demanding their services.

There is NO room and NO money to simply let every economic migrant in by the millions so PRIORITY has to be GENUINE refugees.

Of course, we who speak the truth, are xenophobic, heartless, inhuman, uncaring, racist, right wing fascist, Little Englanders - or worse.

If your stance is taken to its logical conclusion and ALL economic immigrants are welcomed into the Uk - WHERE is the MONEY coming from? The hundreds of thousands of new houses needed? The tens of thousands of extra Police, Firemen, Teachers, Doctors etc who will ALL require paying BY THE STATE.
The extra hundreds of billions needed for the NHS, Education, etc etc?

To repeat what others have said on here already - EVERY illegal ECONOMIC immigrant gaining entry to the UK DEPRIVES a GENUINE refugee from doing so - a genuine refugee who NEEDS sanctuary and help.

I have news for you Joey - you are not the only one on here who 'sees' themselves as "a human being, just one of many of the whole human race".

I can proof that I donate - by monthly deduction from my bank - to 7 different Charities - - including Oxfam -- and I can also proof that I regularly help Albanian and Lithuanian and a few other Nationalities Immigrants with their documentation and Housing problems on an unpaid basis.

It does not make me Mother Theresa.

Nor does it stop me from facing reality on issues such as Illegal Immigrants and speaking what I consider to be the truth.

Popularity be damned.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 22-10-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 22-10-2016, 09:24 PM #12
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=James;9024039]They just said on the news that they would be offered places in refugee centres, but some might refuse and continue to try to get to the UK.[/QUOTnE]

So those that refuse should immediately be removed from charities lists or census or whatever, if wont happen though and they will probably pop up on the next tranche to gain access mainly from greasing palms....the people who are aiding and abetting this cannot call themselves humanitarians because they are capitalists
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:35 PM #13
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Firstly, I painted no one at all with any brush except myself, so please do not manipulate my words to possibly try to cause problems for me on here.
I do not appreciate that.

I stated how I feel and think myself,not a single thing about no one else.

The only other thing I did was actually agree totally with jet, who surprisingly I see you chose not to take him up on what he said but you did myself right off.

Anyway you got your first handclap so well done to you.
thanks for your response, you will see that you did in fact state below:

Quote:

Not so now.

Which is painting everyone on the forum with a particular brush, that I personally take offense to.

You paint us all as a bunch of uncaring so and so's and nothing could be further from the truth. I want to help those genuinely fleeing war. Those identified and agreed to be taken, in cooperation and agreement with international agencies. Not those that wish to enter our country via illegal means.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:45 PM #14
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
thanks for your response, you will see that you did in fact state below:

Which is painting everyone on the forum with a particular brush, that I personally take offense to.

You paint us all as a bunch of uncaring so and so's and nothing could be further from the truth. I want to help those genuinely fleeing war. Those identified and agreed to be taken, in cooperation and agreement with international agencies. Not those that wish to enter our country via illegal means.
Where on earth have I said anything about you or anyone else in that post.

I agreed with jet as to the tone on serious debates.
I then went on to detail what I think and feel myself.

I did not even say everyone should think as I do, only what I actually think and feel.

Honestly I cannot be bothered with you and just stop twisting my words to try to cause bother.
If you think I said anything about anyone repost my post to the mods, in fact I will do it that for you and send it to them myself to see if I did or said anything wrong.

I agreed with jet, you have only come at me, yet all I did was state my thoughts, my feelings and what I would like to see done.

Last edited by joeysteele; 22-10-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 22-10-2016, 10:04 PM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I'm really stunned as to any relevance of 'popularity' in this thread or on this topic...I think on a forum like this we pretty much get to know the opinions on others on many things and their stances and thoughts become a little 'predictable', you could say...I definitely could have predicted Joey's stance on the Calais migrant camp situation, it holds no surprises at all because he tends to be quite constant with these things and it's something he's consistently posted his opinion on in different threads....not for popularity but because he posts his thoughts and his heart...Joey has never in any way sought popularity on this forum...he doesn't adopt any 'popular gimmicks' like avatars and sigs...he rarely posts in any section other than SD and sports...sport and serious discussions being of his interest...and anyone who knows Joey, is without doubt that popularity has no bearing in any way at all in his posting on any topic at any time...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 10:05 PM #16
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
A very noble speech Joey, most commendable, and guaranteed to raise your popularity on here even more in certain quarters, but I am totally confused.

Are you referring to genuine Refugees? Illegal Economic Migrants? Or ALL?

There is a VAST difference between illegal immigrants wanting to gain entry into the UK for ECONOMIC reasons, and GENUINE refugees who NEED sanctuary and help.

The trouble is, I - and just a few others - speak only the truth, and it doesn't make us popular on here.

And that truth which we speak, is that this little island is zillions of pounds in debt, and all its services - the Benefits System, NHS, Police, Fire Services, Education and schools, Army etc etc, are collapsing under dwindling funding and the strain of TOO MANY PEOPLE demanding their services.

There is NO room and NO money to simply let every economic migrant in by the millions so PRIORITY has to be GENUINE refugees.

Of course, we who speak the truth, are xenophobic, heartless, inhuman, uncaring, racist, right wing fascist, Little Englanders - or worse.

If your stance is taken to its logical conclusion and ALL economic immigrants are welcomed into the Uk - WHERE is the MONEY coming from? The hundreds of thousands of new houses needed? The tens of thousands of extra Police, Firemen, Teachers, Doctors etc who will ALL require paying BY THE STATE.
The extra hundreds of billions needed for the NHS, Education, etc etc?

To repeat what others have said on here already - EVERY illegal ECONOMIC immigrant gaining entry to the UK DEPRIVES a GENUINE refugee from doing so - a genuine refugee who NEEDS sanctuary and help.

I have news for you Joey - you are not the only one on here who 'sees' themselves as "a human being, just one of many of the whole human race".

I can proof that I donate - by monthly deduction from my bank - to 7 different Charities - - including Oxfam -- and I can also proof that I regularly help Albanian and Lithuanian and a few other Nationalities Immigrants with their documentation and Housing problems on an unpaid basis.

It does not make me Mother Theresa.

Nor does it stop me from facing reality on issues such as Illegal Immigrants and speaking what I consider to be the truth.

Popularity be damned.

A good try by you again Kirk to twist words and jump in at me again too, I actually said talking about myself,I saw myself as a human being,then added just one of many of the whole human race.

I said no one else was not a member of the human race but there you go.

Odd how you too, have chosen to join in and jump on my post while I was only agreeing with another who you totally ignored the comment of.
I am not playing your games Kirk.
I have sent my post to the mods myself.
Old 23-10-2016, 12:27 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I'm really stunned as to any relevance of 'popularity' in this thread or on this topic...I think on a forum like this we pretty much get to know the opinions on others on many things and their stances and thoughts become a little 'predictable', you could say...I definitely could have predicted Joey's stance on the Calais migrant camp situation, it holds no surprises at all because he tends to be quite constant with these things and it's something he's consistently posted his opinion on in different threads....not for popularity but because he posts his thoughts and his heart...Joey has never in any way sought popularity on this forum...he doesn't adopt any 'popular gimmicks' like avatars and sigs...he rarely posts in any section other than SD and sports...sport and serious discussions being of his interest...and anyone who knows Joey, is without doubt that popularity has no bearing in any way at all in his posting on any topic at any time...
I stated: "A very noble speech Joey, most commendable, and guaranteed to raise your popularity on here even more in certain quarters" - WHERE is this NOT the TRUTH?

And where is it NOT true, that those of us who do not espouse an 'Open Door' 'Free For All' immigration policy, are NOT so popular in those same 'Certain Quarters'?

Further; I did not state anywhere that Joey's post was specifically written by him with the express purpose in mind of 'increasing his popularity' - I said that such noble sentiments were guaranteed to increase his popularity (in certain quarters) and the two are not the same.

The above, all being the truth, I am not only at a loss to find any reason why you should be 'stunned' by what I WROTE, but also as to why you felt the need to leap in and defend Joey when he was not being attacked?

I find it strange, that the actual part of my post which 'stunned' you - as well as being innocuous - is but 13 words prefacing a 394 word post, but yet you have no comment about any of the points which I address in the the remainder of my post.

Anyway, I commend you on such a spirited defense Ammi - it is just a pity that it is redundant, as there has been no crime, let alone a trial.

Old 23-10-2016, 06:06 AM #18
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

We helped make the mess, we need to help clean it up... If there's money for cluster bombs there's money for aid/housing.
Old 23-10-2016, 06:33 AM #19

I'm all for helping those in need, but surely it's only those who can never return to their countries, who would be killed if they did, who should be granted asylum.?
In my language class, when I first came to Denmark there were 22 students. Mostly they were from the arabian countries, but only two (from Sri Lanka) had 'NOT TO BE ADMITTED) stamped on their passports.
These two could never return, because they knew they would be tiortured and killed if they did. The rest from Syria and other parts of the middle east went back to visit their relatives at regular intervals and in my mind that doesn't make them genuine refugees.
While I applaud people who want to help others, please help the needy in your own country. Too often the poor, elderly, mentall sick are ignored while people rush to 'do good' for a popular cause.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 06:38 AM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Have you heard of Aleppo?
Old 23-10-2016, 06:47 AM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I'm all for helping those in need, but surely it's only those who can never return to their countries, who would be killed if they did, who should be granted asylum.?
In my language class, when I first came to Denmark there were 22 students. Mostly they were from the arabian countries, but only two (from Sri Lanka) had 'NOT TO BE ADMITTED) stamped on their passports.
These two could never return, because they knew they would be tiortured and killed if they did. The rest from Syria and other parts of the middle east went back to visit their relatives at regular intervals and in my mind that doesn't make them genuine refugees.
While I applaud people who want to help others, please help the needy in your own country. Too often the poor, elderly, mentall sick are ignored while people rush to 'do good' for a popular cause.
...while I don't disagree with what you say Jenny, I guess the way I see it is that funding doesn't appear to go to those things anyway...it didn't appear to before the Calais situation and it hasn't since..that's the thing, we don't have any say in where these things are focused/government money and our taxes...it's never seemed to be any sort of 'either/or' situation to me...money isn't spent where it should be spent..(or where I personally think anyway..)...not nearly enough invested into a bursting at the seams NHS, virtually nothing into mental health of either adults or children...the homelessness not being addressed..in fact the homeless being fined and penalised for being homeless.../I mean how crazy is that and no addressing of these things sufficiently whether the Calais situation exists or not...those people are there though, they're there now and it has to be addressed that they're there because it's basically being ignored in the hope that it'll all just go away and not exist, but it won't will it...and countries passing the buck of responsibility is just avoidance, just get down to the job and sort it out..these are human beings and there but with the grace of God, they could be anyone of us....
Old 23-10-2016, 06:50 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..if today or tomorrow, the government were to say...look, we can't help in any way at all because this is what we're investing in mental health atm and we also want to do this for others as well.../and we just can't do it all, we have to self preserve as well..?.../but none of those things are visible...all we get is this needs attention and that needs attention and there isn't enough money .../but where is that attention because it isn't presenting itself to be obvious or evident...
Old 23-10-2016, 07:11 AM #23
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Sunday paper story on the calais child migrants crisis...

Carer discovers her 12yr old refugee is a 21yr old Jihadi.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/203037...ar-old-jihadi/
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 09:00 AM #24
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Have you heard of Aleppo?

That's the issue though isnt it Kizzy? For every 27 year old claiming to be 17 we take from Calais there is one less space for a child in a camp in Syria. I have no problem with vulnerable children being taken from Calais or people who have family here but this isn't happening in some cases.
Old 23-10-2016, 09:07 AM #25
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

the avatar changes

Oh bit weird they are all back, Johnny was Norma for a bit

Last edited by Cherie; 23-10-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
24th or 10 or 16, bulldozed, calais, france, jungle, monday, starting