Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Discuss series 20 of ITV's jungle reality show, which starts 15th November 2020.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:59 PM #1
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Default A suggestion for a slight format tweak

I had an idea of how they could revamp the trials a little...inspired slightly by the Meal Ticket thing they had this series (which I thought was way better than the stars, no idea why people hated it!)

The campmate(s) at the trial competes to win stars as normal...except rather than 6 stars being '6 meals for camp', it means 6 meals for 6 people. And whoever did the trial has to decide who gets to eat and who doesn't before they leave the trial clearing.

For a few years now I've found the 'meals for camp' thing stupid because they basically split the food they get anyway this might inject some much needed life into the show
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:03 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Corbyn View Post
I had an idea of how they could revamp the trials a little...inspired slightly by the Meal Ticket thing they had this series (which I thought was way better than the stars, no idea why people hated it!)

The campmate(s) at the trial competes to win stars as normal...except rather than 6 stars being '6 meals for camp', it means 6 meals for 6 people. And whoever did the trial has to decide who gets to eat and who doesn't before they leave the trial clearing.

For a few years now I've found the 'meals for camp' thing stupid because they basically split the food they get anyway this might inject some much needed life into the show

I hated the meal ticket !! it was horrible! , i hope they don't bring that back next year . It felt like they were trying to shake things up for drama with the "meal tickets" but really it was just pointless and caused more hunger and hard work .

I know some viewers enjoy seeing the campmates struggle but that idea was just dumb imo , i much prefer the stars . What's wrong with them sharing the meal and sometimes even when they win stars the producers still give them crap meals .
Old 12-12-2017, 08:51 PM #3

You can't literally starve them.

Of course they split it. The stars have always represented enough food for 1 meal for 1 person.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:53 PM #4
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Love it
^ also, they wouldnt literally starve! They'd be on rice/beans etc

You can just tell they'd be diplomatic about it though and choose the ones that missed out the night before, instead of choosing their mates. But that'd still be a more entertaining way of dishing out food.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:56 PM #5
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

I don't mean the others eat nothing, I meant they just get rice and beans and no sharing of the proper dinner is allowed

The splitting is the problem. Sure, 10/10 means they get a more fulfilling meal, but if you're splitting 6/10 you can still have a decent alternative to basic rations that it's almost as good as winning every star. This way the stars would be worth more and there'd be more of an impact and consequences if they didn't complete the trial, putting those who are crap or don't bother to do them up ****s creek even more
Old 12-12-2017, 08:58 PM #6

Quote:
I don't mean the others eat nothing, I meant they just get rice and beans and no sharing of the proper dinner is allowed

The splitting is the problem. Sure, 10/10 means they get a more fulfilling meal, but if you're splitting 6/10 you can still have a decent alternative to basic rations that it's almost as good as winning every star. This way the stars would be worth more and there'd be more of an impact and consequences if they didn't complete the trial, putting those who are crap or don't bother to do them up ****s creek even more
I don't think it's a problem with splitting as, especially in recent years, they still spend a large proportion of their time on basic rations. Jamie Lomas looked like death by the finale.

Also, you won't stop them splitting anyway as the people with the meals would pool their stuff with the rice and beans and share it anyway. They do stuff like that all the time.

Last edited by Marsh.; 12-12-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:59 PM #7

The format does get repetitive. Two latecomers have to pick teams and there's some sort of immunity thing for the first vote off
Old 12-12-2017, 08:59 PM #8
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Love it
^ also, they wouldnt literally starve! They'd be on rice/beans etc

You can just tell they'd be diplomatic about it though and choose the ones that missed out the night before, instead of choosing their mates. But that'd still be a more entertaining way of dishing out food.
That's true, and I can't really think of a way around that maybe one condition is that the person/people who did the trial automatically get the first/second meals. I'd love to see a scenario (however unlikely) where someone is hated by most of the camp and so only bothers to do the trial up until they get their own meal
Old 12-12-2017, 09:01 PM #9
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariah_Carey View Post
I don't think it's a problem with splitting as, especially in recent years, they still spend a large proportion of their time on basic rations. Jamie Lomas looked like death by the finale.

Also, you won't stop them splitting anyway as the people with the meals would pool their stuff with the rice and beans and share it anyway. They do stuff like that all the time.
This series was better for that but last year they won literally every trial and they never stopped eating, it was awful

There'd have to be a BB-style rule that no one else is allowed to eat the 'luxury' food (for want of a better name) or else they forfeit something in future
Old 12-12-2017, 09:01 PM #10
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Oh I was thinking ready-cooked and seasoned, on a silver platter, on a VIP dining table, about 50ft away from the campfire where the others are boiling their rice.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:03 PM #11
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Like this is the best format change ever. Why hasnt it happened yet.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:04 PM #12
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

Quote:

I've always thought this should be implemented too, had the idea for a few years and thought they'd finally listened with the meal ticket thing but then the meal ticket people ate outside of camp and the whole camp chose who ate and that's it what I wanted.

If they get, say 6/12 stars then they should have 6 portions of food that the Trialist gets to choose who receives, and 6 portions of rice and beans who the Trialist again chooses who receives.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
format, slight, suggestion, tweak