|Article contains spoilers from tonight's (Sunday 7th of September) highlights show.
Here are the details of what happened in the house yesterday...
· Ricci surprises Lauren with breakfast, as she styles her hair. She tells him she will be out in two minutes and remarks to Audley, “Bless him”
· By the pool, Gary asks George if he misses Stephanie. George says, “Not yet. I will do” and Gary remarks “What was here when it was happening is what was here when it was happening” George goes on to say that he’s “excited by what she’s gone out to” and hopes he will see her again. When Gary asks if he has ever been to America before, George admits he’s never had a reason to go, before adding “now I’ve got a reason to go” Gary finds this funny and laughs
· In the kitchen, as a gesture of goodwill, Audley offers to teach James how to make rice. Dee proclaims, “I’m so proud of you both!” but Audley responds by saying, “Really Dee?”
· Edele tells Big Brother that she’s “really glad” she was saved from eviction and that she feels like she’s “just arrived at the Big Brother House” after “living the experience through my struggle.” She goes on to say that she “really relaxed” and feels more in the moment following her therapy session with Gary, which she knew would be “bordering on real” She goes on to discuss James and says she hopes that he will change after hearing the public reception.
· For today’s task, Housemates will work in Big Brother’s Call Centre. Throughout their shift, they will each handle complaints from real members of the public. All of these complaints are about them, specifically. Gary, Dee, Audley and Edele are the first Housemates to man the phones:
o Dee takes a call from Gerry and is told that she needs to smarten up as she looks like a mess on the show. The caller goes on to say that Dee’s clothes “look like they’re out of the pound shop” and that she needs to invest in a decent bra “because they’re on the knees”
o Edele takes a call from a fan called Helen who says that she is just “moping around the House”. Edele tells the caller that she will try her best to be happier and more entertaining
o Gary takes a call from Aaron and is told he “plays the fool” is “the biggest game player in the House” and “manipulates” people. During the call, Dee writes a note that says she loves Aaron. Gary takes the caller’s comments on board and says he will do more for his fellow Housemates
o Audley takes a call from Salih and is told he is “arrogant” “really boring” and “useless”
· After their time in the call centre, Dee and Edele discuss what their callers had to say. Dee says that the comments were “out of order” but that she won’t let it get to her. She adds, “I really, hand on heart, don’t give a sh*t” and goes on to say, “I do think it’s a class thing and things like that don’t make you feel better when you don’t think you should be here in the first place….I don’t like this class divide…I know where I come from, I know where I get my clothes…I ain’t *****ing Beyonce or Britney *****ing Spears”
· Lauren, Ricci, James and George are called to begin their shift in Big Brother’s Call Centre:
o Lauren speaks to Natalie who says that she “takes herself too seriously” and asks if she had a “game plan” Lauren says she has “100% been myself”
o Ricci takes a call from Kaz who asks why he is so “dull, boring and just not great to watch” Kaz also suggests that he’s using Lauren’s celebrity status to try and get a story when he leaves. Ricci seems to take these comments to heart.
o George then takes a call from Andy and is told that he runs away from situations and is unkind to Gary. George admits that Gary can “cause you to snap”
o James takes a call from Patricia who asks why he is “the biggest bit*h in the House” The caller goes on to question why James compared himself to Brad Pitt, adding it’s more like “Brad Sh*t!” James admits that he should keep some things to himself and could have dealt with situations in a different way
· In the bedroom, Lauren observes that people all deal with Gary in different ways and that she doesn’t always agree with how people talk to him. She goes on to tell George not to worry about the earlier caller feedback.
· Ricci’s caller complaint plays on his mind. He tells Dee that he’s not fake and “couldn’t care less” about a showmance in the House, adding “when you like someone, you like someone”
· In the garden, Edele’s day in the office has taken its toll. To prove she’s not boring, Edele proceeds to throw off her shoes and walk, fully clothed, into the pool. Audley then joins Edele in the pool and they both shout, “We’re not boring!” Edele attempts to get Ricci involved, but he runs away
· After a tough day at the office, Big Brother rewards the Housemates with a classic office party. The Housemates have a food fight before dancing the conga.
· In the garden, Lauren licks Ribena off of Ricci’s arm. James jokes that he has some on his lips and George remarks “Well done with curbing the flirting!”
· In the Diary Room, Dee tells Big Brother that she’s “not bothered” by the earlier remarks from her caller. However, she goes on to say “people like that ain’t worth the sh*t on the bottom of your shoe…she must lead a very sad life”
· In the garden, Lauren tells Ricci that he’s “got to man up” James observes that Ricci was caught off guard during his call and Lauren proceeds to tell Ricci that he needs to stand up for himself more adding, “If I was married to you, I’d be the voice of the relationship. You’ve got to man up!”
· Ricci talks to Dee in the bedroom and says that Dee advises him to “be Ricci” and stop holding back
· In the kitchen, James advises Lauren to think about what she says when she’s been drinking as she can do some “really shi**y things”. Lauren admits, “I’ve dealt with so much sh*t” and questions “What have I ever done wrong in life? Why is everyone hating on me? I’m still strong enough to go, this is me and I am who I am” She goes on to observe that George has “nothing to lose” from the experience. George advises that she needs to hold certain things back and stop dragging up old stories. Lauren says that she speaks out because she’s open but George suggests that she’s had too much to drink and has “a terrible media presence” Audley joins the conversation and says that George is being a bully for turning his back on Lauren to defend Ricci. Lauren then starts to cry and is comforted by Edele.
· James says that he thinks Lauren is playing a game and questions how she can be so drunk on two glasses of wine. The other Housemates disagree with Audley saying she’s “not that calculated”.
· Lauren tells Big Brother that even though she can’t control what’s written about her in the press, she is grateful to still be in the media. She goes on to say that George doesn’t understand her lifestyle
· In the bedroom Dee tells Ricci that whoever ends up with him will be “the luckiest girl in the whole wide world” before joking, “You’d do anything to get me into bed, wouldn’t you”
· Lauren tells some of the Housemates that she’s worried she will be judged and notes that none of them have anything to lose. She goes on to say that it’s “mentally draining” as a young woman to be judged on her weight and appearance. James says that she “has nothing to lose” as the public already judge her, adding “You can’t make it worse”
· Lauren is in bed with Dee talking about tonight’s events and says “I can’t take this bullsh*t” She then invites Ricci to join her and Dee in bed for a cuddle. Dee remarks, “If you two are going to start pashing, I’m going into Ricci’s bed” Dee gets up to make a cup of tea.
· In the kitchen, Dee tells Edele and James that Lauren and Ricci are in her bed. In the bedroom, Lauren notes that Audley was the only person to stand up for her. In the kitchen, Edele comments that Audley has called Lauren up for being “that girl” who drinks and says things she regrets.
· Ricci and Lauren hug as they sleep in bed together