PDA

View Full Version : Marcus : Mental abuse??

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Ok, don't kill me for being mellow-dramatic but after staying up most of Friday night watching L/F and watching the conversation Marcus & Noirin were having, It came across to me like Marcus was mentally abusing Noirin, telling her basically that every decision she made was wrong and that she was incapable of thinking for herself cos she was wrong. And that he couldn't be her friend because she didn't do what he told her to do. It just struck me that this very like an abuser beating down a person confidence to keep them in their control. Anyone agree or am I on my own in this one :puzzled:

charmingmissc
27-07-2009, 10:57 AM
:sleep:

Chels
27-07-2009, 10:58 AM
no, he was just p*ssed off and i don't blame him one bit.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by charmingmissc

Just me then :joker:

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Chels.x

But why should he be pissed off, she wasn't his G/F??

lucifer1968
27-07-2009, 11:00 AM
she was incapable of thinking for herself:rolleyes:??? she is incapable of thinking for herself.she repeats everything marcus says:shrug:

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by lucifer1968
she was incapable of thinking for herself:rolleyes:??? she is incapable of thinking for herself.she repeats everything marcus says:shrug:

Well, maybe her decisions are wrong but there her decisions, she has a right to have them!!

kisywisy
Originally posted by Niamhxo
Ok, don't kill me for being mellow-dramatic but after staying up most of Friday night watching L/F and watching the conversation Marcus & Noirin were having, It came across to me like Marcus was mentally abusing Noirin, telling her basically that every decision she made was wrong and that she was incapable of thinking for herself cos she was wrong. And that he couldn't be her friend because she didn't do what he told her to do. It just struck me that this very like an abuser beating down a person confidence to keep them in their control. Anyone agree or am I on my own in this one :puzzled:

you're not on your own.

he's been gradually been breaking her down since the start. it's painful to watch to be honest

Chels

But why should he be p****d off, she wasn't his G/F??
because she KNEW it would hurt his feelings but she went and did it anyway.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:06 AM

Maybe it would hurt his feelings but should that really be a reason for her to not be with someone she likes and who likes her? I mean she apologised that should have been enough, they were only friends after all, she did tell him on more than one occasion that she didn't fancy him!

kisywisy
27-07-2009, 11:06 AM

erm... that's kinda the point!!

marcus has basically told her that all her thoughts and decisions are wrong and only his are correct. she's repeating everything he's saying like he wants her too. it's all about power. he loves having that sort of power over someone

the way he goes on about knowing everyone and everyone's thoughts better than they do drives me nuts. he has major control issues. he's tried it with everyone inthe house and only noirin was weak enough to succumb to it

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by kisywisy

you're not on your own.

he's been gradually been breaking her down since the start. it's painful to watch to be honest

Thanks Kisy, thought I was going mental thinking that as 90% of people seem to think the opposite:thumbs:

28thapril
27-07-2009, 11:07 AM

WOMBAI
27-07-2009, 11:08 AM

Completely agree!!!

Typical behaviour of a male abuser! Ask any psychologist! A question I would like to see asked to the BB psychologist!!!

I think his behaviour is very worrying and I wouldn't like to be stuck in there with him!

Personally- when Noirin told Marcus about her relationship with Siavias - I was very relieved they were in a controlled environment. I think he might well have had a very different response if they had been alone in a house somewhere.

In different circumstances - it may not have been safe for her to have told him!

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:09 AM

marcus has basically told her that all her thoughts and decisions are wrong and only his are correct. she's repeating everything he's saying like he wants her too. it's all about power. he loves having that sort of power over someone

the way he goes on about knowing everyone and everyone's thoughts better than they do drives me nuts. he has major control issues. he's tried it with everyone inthe house and only noirin was weak enough to succumb to it

I have to say, Tom was about the only one who called him up on it, when he was talking to him in jail. He was saying loads of bad things about Noirin and Tom said I thought she was your best friend in here? Why are you slating her?

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 28thapril

lol :joker:

mangasatsuma
27-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Marcus needs a night in a cell next to Hannibal Lector. He would eat his tongue then.

kisywisy
27-07-2009, 11:13 AM

I have to say, Tom was about the only one who called him up on it, when he was talking to him in jail. He was saying loads of bad things about Noirin and Tom said I thought she was your best friend in here? Why are you slating her?

i know!! he's so two faced!!

he questions her friendship to him all the time, but she doesn't know he is ALWAYS slating her. he's a backstabber.

thinking about it, it's like he is trying to turn the whole house against her so that she has noone else to turn to but him. hes bloody evil

bridgetgail69
27-07-2009, 11:16 AM
i have to agree that YES marcus is being mentally abusive and big brother should do something about it soon. i was in a relationship like that and it is very worrying to watch it going on. get him out NOW:cloud:

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:16 AM
i know!! he's so two faced!!

he questions her friendship to him all the time, but she doesn't know he is ALWAYS slating her. he's a backstabber.

thinking about it, it's like he is trying to turn the whole house against her so that she has noone else to turn to but him. hes bloody evil [/quote]

Yes, Yes, exactly, you've hit the nail on the head there, even Sophie said that Marcus had told Noirin not to trust Sophie and Sophie & Noirin get on so well when they get some time together

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by bridgetgail69
i have to agree that YES marcus is being mentally abusive and big brother should do something about it soon. i was in a relationship like that and it is very worrying to watch it going on. get him out NOW:cloud:

I can't believe that so few people actually see it and think that Noirin owes Marcus something!

lime
27-07-2009, 11:23 AM

So if someone fancies me and I don't fancy them I shouldn't be with anyone else as it would hurt the feelings of the person who fancies me.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by lime

So if someone fancies me and I don't fancy them I shouldn't be with anyone else as it would hurt the feelings of the person who fancies me.

:thumbs:

tramp-stamp
27-07-2009, 11:32 AM

i agree completely, been saying much the same for weeks

He slates her to others too, trys to influence their perception of her, because the less friends she has in the house, the more dependent she is on him.

Even now, his silent treatment is an attempt to put her on a guilt trip. the more she comes round and says sorry, the more hes gonna milk it

Truth is, she got nothing to be sorry for,

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by tramp-stamp

He slates her to others too, trys to influence their perception of her, because the less friends she has in the house, the more dependent she is on him.

Even now, his silent treatment is an attempt to put her on a guilt trip. the more she comes round and says sorry, the more hes gonna milk it

Here's hoping he gets nominated & booted out on friday!!

30stone
27-07-2009, 11:36 AM
He was acting like a 12 year old, as per usual.
He was annoyed and jealous, with a bruised ego.

I think its a good thing though he thought to much of himself anyway, though im not sure thats a defence mechanism of his...

When he feels uncomfortable or worried about somthing he acts the big man.

Hes quite mentally immature..

Savetherainforest
27-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Marcus was mentally abusing Noreen, she should not have let it come to that, she needs to know her own mind and not allow others to influence it.
A prime example of this is the media and advertising and soaps - people's freedom of mind is being taken away and people cannot even see it. It is becoming a sad world where we need others approval and opinions before we make our own. Do what you need to in life, you come in this life alone and you leave alone and as long as you don't harm another and kill you should do what you have to do.

tramp-stamp
27-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by tramp-stamp

Here's hoping he gets nominated & booted out on friday!!

Now that shes broken free of him, i dont want either to go yet, i find his sulking and tantrums good tv

g

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Savetherainforest
Marcus was mentally abusing Noreen, she should not have let it come to that, she needs to know her own mind and not allow others to influence it.
A prime example of this is the media and advertising and soaps - people's freedom of mind is being taken away and people cannot even see it. It is becoming a sad world where we need others approval and opinions before we make our own. Do what you need to in life, you come in this life alone and you leave alone and as long as you don't harm another and kill you should do what you have to do.

You're absolutely right but I would imagine being in the Big Brother situation it must be so much harder to act the way you normally do. I would love to say that if I was in there I wouldn't change a bit or let anyone else influence my decissions but can anyone really say this with absolute certainty unless they've actually been in the situation?

BJ
27-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Marcus was nothing to Noirin outside the house. In the house I think she strung him along for her own ends until it began to get out of control when Marcus became obsessed with her. If Noirin hadn't allowed it to happen he couldn't have done it. I suspect Noirin has got herself into this type of controlling situation before. She's not the strong woman she'd have us believe she is. I think she's probably the sort of woman who uses her sexuality to boost her own ego which is dangerous if she chooses to play this game with a man who has his own insecurities which Marcus obviously does.

lime
27-07-2009, 11:48 AM
You know he say's he chases Noirin as he has nothing else to do,

How does act in the real world?

Let's say in a few months time he is unemployed sitting in mammy's sitting room ,bored and playstation is not working..he sees a pretty girl walking down the street.Does he then say to himself I have nothing else to do why don't I chase this girl.

he then approaches the girl telling her she is beautiful and that he fancies her,she laughs it off and tells him she's not interested.He continues to do this everyday for weeks asking her to give him hugs to which she tell's him he is making her feel uncomfortable.He also starts to show signs of aggression when he sees her talking to another male.

In the real world that girl would get a protection order against him to which he would most likely ignore and end up in prison.

I think this guy really needs help

duttydiva
27-07-2009, 11:50 AM
well Marcus has always been correct hasn't he. He was so on it that he missed completely Noirin and saivash. He is moody now because he can't believe he got it so wrong.
he is such a numpty

BJ
27-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I think Marcus has probably acted like this before but outside a person could more easily walk away. Marcus said in a conversation (can't remember who with) that he has been treated in a certain way because of the way he looks (his face). He's said that drawing him in then pushing him away has happened to him many times and friends have a name for it (the roll or something similar).

babyseahorse
27-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree 100% that Marcus is indeed mentally abusing Noirin. He has a you have rightly stated broken her down over the last few weeks, he has told her what to think, if she doesn't agree with him, he goes in a mood and keeps on at her till she does agree. If she has a thought of her own her tells her that she is wrong and calls her names, to her and behind her back, because he is so annoyed that she has had a thought of her own. He wants to own her and if anything she does or says is not in agreement with his way of thinking, she pays the price. Okay Noirin, is no angel but lets remember, she is young and inexperienced and between Sree and Marcus, the have made her doubt who she really is and what she really wants, and in someways she has been ignorantly pandering to them and re-inforcing their behaviour. I hope Noirin breaks all ties with him, he, in my opinion needs to speak to the psychologist, and I suspect this is a theme in Marcus's life reagrding women.

sisalto
27-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I honestly think that Noirin's beauty is more of a burden than an asset for her... She was bored inside the house for a long time and the reason why many of the guys befriended her was because of her looks...

BB_Eye
27-07-2009, 12:58 PM
It's all down to context. If this had been somebody else, it would be rightly viewed as character assassination and bullying, but Noirin knows what she is doing and Marcus sees through it.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BB_Eye
It's all down to context. If this had been somebody else, it would be rightly viewed as character assassination and bullying, but Noirin knows what she is doing and Marcus sees through it.

While you may be right about Noirin "knowing what she's doing" with the men in there, I still think that the way he treats her in there is not right. He gets upset and rude to Noirin because he told her stuff, that were proved right but she didn't do what he told her when he told her to do it, however, what about when almost everyone in the house told him "Noirin doesn't fancy you" and he said "No there's something between us" they were all proved to be right so in fact he's a hypocrite, it's ok for him not take other peoples advice, even though they're right but if you don't take his advice then you're an idiot and not worth being friends with!! :mad:

PaulyJ
27-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I agree, although i would not give evidence in court to such an effect.

He felt betrayed because her words spoke of agreement with him, yet her actions belied her words.

The thing is his words we're coming from a place of controlling Noirin, i.e dont trust Tom, she agreed with him, and yet Marcus knew that she wanted to get to know him.

I think this sums up the whole dynamic of their relationship.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by PaulyJ

He felt betrayed because her words spoke of agreement with him, yet her actions belied her words.

The thing is his words we're coming from a place of controlling Noirin, i.e dont trust Tom, she agreed with him, and yet Marcus knew that she wanted to get to know him.

She only agrees with him cos he calls her an idiot if she doesn't, I think she does genuinely fear Marcus and this was why she's been trying to keep him onside by agreeing with things he said all the time. You can see now that the situation she's in with him now is very uncomfortable for her and the very situation she's been trying to avoid all along!

persephone
27-07-2009, 01:38 PM
The guy is mental, "my thoughts in here aren't my thoughts", "BB is like a computer game", "I fancy her but I don't fancy her cos we're in here" yeah everything's like a computer game where he pushes the buttons... The only person he heard words of truth from was Tom but Bea made him walk saying he's not in the triangle...

PaulyJ
27-07-2009, 01:44 PM

She only agrees with him cos he calls her an idiot if she doesn't, I think she does genuinely fear Marcus and this was why she's been trying to keep him onside by agreeing with things he said all the time. You can see now that the situation she's in with him now is very uncomfortable for her and the very situation she's been trying to avoid all along!

Agree'd

I think all those convo's Marcus & Noirin had in the Sofa room, had a common thread, him trying to educate her, he would tell her what people we're doing, then enter into an analisis of what their intentions we're behind their actions, this was all opinion at best, but it seemed to all as she had excepted it. I don't think she had and this became clear when she went against his analasis.

Teacher's do not like all their knowledge being rejected i guess, and Marcus held their chat's in great regard, pointing out that it was one of the things he felt gave him a chance with her, that 0.1% chance he had.

So ultimatly spurning his opinion on other Hm's meant his last chance with Noirin had gone.

HarryRag
27-07-2009, 01:47 PM

:thumbs:

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Agree'd

I think all those convo's Marcus & Noirin had in the Sofa room, had a common thread, him trying to educate her, he would tell her what people we're doing, then enter into an analisis of what their intentions we're behind their actions, this was all opinion at best, but it seemed to all as she had excepted it. I don't think she had and this became clear when she went against his analasis.

Teacher's do not like all their knowledge being rejected i guess, and Marcus held their chat's in great regard, pointing out that it was one of the things he felt gave him a chance with her, that 0.1% chance he had.

So ultimatly spurning his opinion on other Hm's meant spurning his last chance with him. [/quote]

Thats what pisses me off about Marcus, this notion he has that he knows everybody in there and what they're going to do better than they know themselves!! Tom was about the only one who called him out on this. If he's so wise and knows all this, how come he didn't know that Noirin didn't fancy him and was going to go off with Siavsah???!!!

PaulyJ
27-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh watching Marcus pacing around the pool, whilst Tom was in jail, saying, "i can predict what is going to happen a week in advance and it always happens the way i predict it" and watching Tom's face as he was saying it, was some of the best tv i have ever seen. I think it was that moment which inspired his leaving speech and his label "circus" Marcus being the ringleader and the others his performing monkey's.

:hugesmile:

oh.really
27-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Typical control freak with that extra menacing touch on account of him not advancing from the cave man days yet :laugh:

Shave him I say

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh watching Marcus pacing around the pool, whilst Tom was in jail, saying, "i can predict what is going to happen a week in advance and it always happens the way i predict it" and watching Tom's face as he was saying it, was some of the best tv i have ever seen. I think it was that moment which inspired his leaving speech and his label "circus" Marcus being the ringleader and the others his performing monkey's.

:hugesmile:

Priceless!! :thumbs:

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by oh.really
Typical control freak with that extra menacing touch on account of him not advancing from the cave man days yet :laugh:

Shave him I say

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

widdishins
27-07-2009, 02:29 PM
i was married to a marcus type,he was just as distructive mentally as bbs marcus,these people are cruel in the extreme..i'm not a noirin fan but what marcus is doing is abuse...simple as that,and should be given a bb warning.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by widdishins
i was married to a marcus type,he was just as distructive mentally as bbs marcus,these people are cruel in the extreme..i'm not a noirin fan but what marcus is doing is abuse...simple as that,and should be given a bb warning.

This is what I've been trying to say, Just because people don't like Noirin it's ok but it's not!

Hedgie
27-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Nobody ever talks about how marcus doesn't like to see people all down. He's been making sure Sophie's ok after Tom's bombshell, and he hated it when Freddie was getting bullied. I don't think Marcus is a bully, he just has a bit of a bolshy agressive way about him. He's not malicious, just a bit miopic sometimes.

widdishins
27-07-2009, 02:39 PM
niamhxo,it is very likely,as we go through life we encounter people who do not like,just because of that,it does not give anyone the right to belittle and abuse....these abusers can't take it from stronger people than them,which in any language makes them bullies.....thank you for getting my drift.

Sockhead
27-07-2009, 02:41 PM

Let's say in a few months time he is unemployed sitting in mammy's sitting room ,bored and playstation is not working..he sees a pretty girl walking down the street.Does he then say to himself I have nothing else to do why don't I chase this girl.

he then approaches the girl telling her she is beautiful and that he fancies her,she laughs it off and tells him she's not interested.He continues to do this everyday for weeks asking her to give him hugs to which she tell's him he is making her feel uncomfortable.He also starts to show signs of aggression when he sees her talking to another male.

In the real world that girl would get a protection order against him to which he would most likely ignore and end up in prison.

I thought the exact same thing. He is a stalker and luckily for him his victim lives in the same house and cant leave. Hes creepy.

BigBrotherfan4ever
27-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Ok, don't kill me for being mellow-dramatic but after staying up most of Friday night watching L/F and watching the conversation Marcus & Noirin were having, It came across to me like Marcus was mentally abusing Noirin, telling her basically that every decision she made was wrong and that she was incapable of thinking for herself cos she was wrong. And that he couldn't be her friend because she didn't do what he told her to do. It just struck me that this very like an abuser beating down a person confidence to keep them in their control. Anyone agree or am I on my own in this one :puzzled: I totally agree with everything you've just said, i said from day 1 i thought Marcus was a dangerous man, ie mentally abusing Noirin & Sree, was/has always putting them down, he thinks everything he says is right, i've not liked the guy since day 1, i dont trust him one bit, im so glad people are starting see what i've said since the start.

widdishins
27-07-2009, 02:46 PM
lime and you have a good point,marcus is a user and destroyer of peoples confidence..a belittler of peoples points of view....can anyone guess that my encounter with my marcus type has left me bitter?

=-Incognito-=
27-07-2009, 02:47 PM
So now it's mental abuse if you try to help stupid people?

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by widdishins
niamhxo,it is very likely,as we go through life we encounter people who do not like,just because of that,it does not give anyone the right to belittle and abuse....these abusers can't take it from stronger people than them,which in any language makes them bullies.....thank you for getting my drift.

Yes, I do, I mean, I don't think Noirin is great or that she's making the best decissions in there but it doesn't give Marcus the right to treat her the way he is, it's not on!

Mac
27-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Sockhead

I thought the exact same thing. He is a stalker and luckily for him his victim lives in the same house and cant leave. Hes creepy. Excellent post.

Niamh.
27-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by =-Incognito-=
So now it's mental abuse if you try to help stupid people?

What gives him the right to say that his opinions are clever and everyones elses are stupid??

Hedgie
27-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by =-Incognito-=
So now it's mental abuse if you try to help stupid people? Good point well made! :thumbs:
Leave em to receive their Darwin award Marcus :laugh2:

setanta
27-07-2009, 02:53 PM

He's a delusional nutjob who is far too keen on pushing his thoughts and insights onto this girl, but don't forget that he does this to everyone really. He even tried it on Tom and he just wasn't going to listen to the ramblings of a lunatic. Bea called him up on it too.

The reality is there's two idiots involved in this thing who constantly fight, withdraw and then come back to one another again when they've burnt all bridges with everyone else. They're both as culpable as each other in this little game..... both highly manipulative and I feel thats what attracts them to one another. Two nutjobs basically.

MassiveTruck
27-07-2009, 02:57 PM

No I don't agree with either.

They want each other for the wrong reasons and this is what happens.

shrichar
27-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I am glad people are strarting to see Marcas for what he is a control freak

27-07-2009, 04:46 PM

That is exactly what I have been saying. When Marcus can't get his way with Noirin he goes behind her back and talks nasty about her to other people. That is what he was doing there, plus he was trying to ward off Tom from her. I was so shocked, nervous and happy when I saw Noirin and Siavash kissing because I knew that would be a slap in Marcus's face. lol good for him. He was never her friend. All he did was control her.