PDA

View Full Version : Has Marcus ever had a girlfriend?

Luanda
27-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Two brains undoubtedly has issues regarding relationships, amongst other things. His pursuit of Noirin progressed from an infatuation to a very real need to control her and because she has now rejected him he is sulking and refusing to speak with her. His justification for this we heard while he was in the pool, talking to Noirin, was incoherent babble. I would guess in the same situation outside the house his sulking could possibly manifest itself as phone calls, following her or even worse. I think being in the house has tempered his reaction to some degree.

Marcus is 35 and one would have thought he has had a girlfriend or girlfriends in the past. He is now single and as far as I know he has never married. He lives with his mother. The pattern of behaviour he has displayed in the house is very likely ingrained in his personality. If he has had previous relationships I think it is fairly safe to say this same desire to control his mate has surfaced before possibly meaning the relationship was shortly lived.

What I don't understand is ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends regularly pop up in the press if a particular housemate has shown weird behaviour in the show. Kenneth is an example of this. No such ex-partner has come forward for Marcus and he never seems to talk about his ex-partners apart from saying he "always gets girls he doesn't want and doesn't get girls he wants". This leads me to two possible conclusions;

1. Marcus has a history of thinking girls are his girlfriend if they display even the most minor of glimmers of interest in him. He latches onto that interest and interprets it as genuine interest when really it is just friendship ......... as he did with Noirin.

2. Marcus has never had a girlfriend because of his weird behaviour.

Marcus has to categorise everything immediately and then cannot change his mind. He has already said he can guess what people are going to be like within 10 seconds of meeting them. This is clearly nonsense and shows his need to put people in pigeon holes of immediate like and dislike. He and others do this because because he cannot accept rejection. If he guesses right and the person is not amicable towards him he is never disappointed. If a person he does like turns out to be a nice person then he is right, reinforcing his behaviour. This shows Marcus is massively insecure.

I am not anti-Marcus by any stretch of the imagination. I like him for his eccentricities, same as I like Halfwit for his eccentricities. I like people who are a little off the wall. However, I think Marcus, if he is in a situation he cannot categorise or justify may just turn out to be a very unpleasant and nasty individual.

bridgetgail69
27-07-2009, 11:07 AM
omg. i thought i was the only one who thought along these lines i totally agree with all you said. i my self am a friendly girl and have unfortunately encountered weirdo's who think you must love them as you are being friendly, fortunately i am strong enough to put them straight unfortunately norin needs to speak in plain english what she wants from these guys so no more misunderstanding happen, its not her fault and i get really annoyed how everyone is slaggin her off give her a break for gods sake it's the blokes who have the problem not her....get marcus out!!!!

Enid
27-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I think what his problem is, is he's been wrapped up in cotton wool his entire life. It's been so easy, living at home with his mum, that he hasn't needed to grow up. He hasn't had as many responsibilities and problems as other people his age. He reminds me of a sulky rebellious 13 year old. Even his clothing doesn't resemble that of a man his age. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he has never had a girlfriend or even pulled anyone. Too clingy and obsessive and when he doesn't get his own way he'll throw a tantrum.

sexyb4ck
27-07-2009, 11:09 AM
he is still a virgin until some girl friend comes forward and admits they have had a relationship

WOMBAI
27-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Luanda
Two brains undoubtedly has issues regarding relationships, amongst other things. His pursuit of Noirin progressed from an infatuation to a very real need to control her and because she has now rejected him he is sulking and refusing to speak with her. His justification for this we heard while he was in the pool, talking to Noirin, was incoherent babble. I would guess in the same situation outside the house his sulking could possibly manifest itself as phone calls, following her or even worse. I think being in the house has tempered his reaction to some degree.

Marcus is 35 and one would have thought he has had a girlfriend or girlfriends in the past. He is now single and as far as I know he has never married. He lives with his mother. The pattern of behaviour he has displayed in the house is very likely ingrained in his personality. If he has had previous relationships I think it is fairly safe to say this same desire to control his mate has surfaced before possibly meaning the relationship was shortly lived.

What I don't understand is ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends regularly pop up in the press if a particular housemate has shown weird behaviour in the show. Kenneth is an example of this. No such ex-partner has come forward for Marcus and he never seems to talk about his ex-partners apart from saying he "always gets girls he doesn't want and doesn't get girls he wants". This leads me to two possible conclusions;

1. Marcus has a history of thinking girls are his girlfriend if they display even the most minor of glimmers of interest in him. He latches onto that interest and interprets it as genuine interest when really it is just friendship ......... as he did with Noirin.

2. Marcus has never had a girlfriend because of his weird behaviour.

Marcus has to categorise everything immediately and then cannot change his mind. He has already said he can guess what people are going to be like within 10 seconds of meeting them. This is clearly nonsense and shows his need to put people in pigeon holes of immediate like and dislike. He and others do this because because he cannot accept rejection. If he guesses right and the person is not amicable towards him he is never disappointed. If a person he does like turns out to be a nice person then he is right, reinforcing his behaviour. This shows Marcus is massively insecure.

I am not anti-Marcus by any stretch of the imagination. I like him for his eccentricities, same as I like Halfwit for his eccentricities. I like people who are a little off the wall. However, I think Marcus, if he is in a situation he cannot categorise or justify may just turn out to be a very unpleasant and nasty individual.

A very sensible and well expressed opinion and one with which I very much agree!!

I would assume that BB are keeping a very close eye on him as his behaviour in undoubtedly a real concern.

His behaviour towards females in the house - of course, particularly Noirin - added to constant remarks about violence, death etc. and his age are very worrying.

Nothing wrong with being eccentric as long as that eccentricity does not spill over into psychotic and threatening behaviour.

Luanda
27-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I've known a few people like Marcus over the years (I'm getting on a bit) and I call them binary men. They categorise everything into yes and no, wrong and right, good and bad etc, etc. Just listening to Marcus talk gives you an insight into his thinking. He alluded to the two brains - in and out of the house the other day. This is an example of his thinking. Things cannot exist in grey areas or areas in which he can think about and have a fluid opinion. Marcus is black and white in his thinking and woe betide anyone or anything that tries to change this. Wolverine to the Hulk in one easy lesson!

Hedgie
27-07-2009, 12:03 PM
theres a fair few girls on facebook who know him from way back when and seem to like him very much as friends. I think if they think he's cool, then it's safe to say he's not quite the serial killer y'all have him pegged for :wink:

Luanda
27-07-2009, 12:16 PM
That's interesting Hedgie. It may say his behaviour inside the house is because of the environment he is in and it may also say he is capable of behaving in a rational way where relationships are concerned. I think it's pretty safe to say that he is not playing a game in the way he is acting so maybe he has a side that we haven't seen yet. But I doubt it.

fuzzylovin
27-07-2009, 12:17 PM
If you asked marcus if hes every had a girlfriend, he'd say 2 a night XD.

IsleOfWeather
27-07-2009, 12:18 PM
I would think that in 5 years time he and a recent American comedy movie will have a lot in common

sonia1tam
27-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Hedgie
theres a fair few girls on facebook who know him from way back when and seem to like him very much as friends. I think if they think he's cool, then it's safe to say he's not quite the serial killer y'all have him pegged for :wink: Oh my god where did ya get that photo of him? he looks better with out side burns

Hedgie
27-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Luanda
That's interesting Hedgie. It may say his behaviour inside the house is because of the environment he is in and it may also say he is capable of behaving in a rational way where relationships are concerned. I think it's pretty safe to say that he is not playing a game in the way he is acting so maybe he has a side that we haven't seen yet. But I doubt it.

I think it's more to do with whats going on inside the house. He's been taken out of his comfort zone and is desperately clinging on to familiarity. Some people just don't cope well with change, and he's suffering the typical big bro paranoia, not to mention the fact he feels like a tit for confiding in people who, he feels, have stabbed him in the back. We just don't know what bb hasn't shown to lead up to this behaviour. All the other big brothers had huge discrepencies between what the live feed showed, and what was edited. With no continuous live feed this year, can we really be sure about anyones character in there?

I like to think of bb as being a huge social experiment too. It's fantastic how the media can spin any desired outcome they wish, with the correct footage. i find the fact we're all part of some machiavellian experiment fascinating :dance:

Hedgie
27-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by sonia1tam
Originally posted by Hedgie
theres a fair few girls on facebook who know him from way back when and seem to like him very much as friends. I think if they think he's cool, then it's safe to say he's not quite the serial killer y'all have him pegged for :wink: Oh my god where did ya get that photo of him? he looks better with out side burns
Facebook!!! :thumbs: