PDA

View Full Version : BB Exciting Proposal!

OnlyFoolsVote
27-07-2009, 12:29 PM
After being asked about my brilliant proposal on letting the public vote on punishments (not evictions) each Friday, I have posted how this would work:

Okay. Say if Lisa and Marcus were up. Well, the voters could decide 1 of 3 punishments. Either, the loser has to:

1) Sit in a cardboard box in the rain for 3 whole night and days (only toilet breaks allowed) and watch the other housemates enjoy parties/treats for the duration

2) Have all negative comments they have said about anyone aired to all the housemates

or 3) Whilst everyone else gets an hour's visit from a relative/loved one, the losing housemate must wear a dunce cap and chicken outfit whilst hopping around the house on one leg

A failure to comply means that the whole house would get no luxury shopping budget, each must spend 3 hours in jail per day for a week and that all their beds are taken away, plus hot water.

Arguments/entertainment will provail with this new format.

Isin't this just the most awesome proposal EVER? :dance:

rapunzal77
27-07-2009, 12:30 PM
great :rolleyes:

BJ
27-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes - sounds great for viewers but I fear we'd have more walkers:wink:

IsleOfWeather
27-07-2009, 12:33 PM
no

ILoveTRW
27-07-2009, 12:34 PM
you really have no idea do you

Chuckyegg
27-07-2009, 12:34 PM
lame contrived and tired

OnlyFoolsVote
27-07-2009, 12:36 PM
The plebs have spoken, and, once again, the reason BB fails and loses viewers is because radical changes (like the ones I propose), fall on deaf ears and ignorant minds :pat:

Chuckyegg
27-07-2009, 12:37 PM
What????? Speak up!!!!!

and please don't arrive on a forum and call us all plebs and idiots.

OnlyFoolsVote
27-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Chuckyegg
What????? Speak up!!!!!

and please don't arrive on a forum and call us all plebs and idiots.

You are a classic example of why BB voters are the very definition of moronic. You also don't explain why this proposal is so bad, and do nothing to offer alternatives as to how we can keep great housemates in.

luminoussun
27-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Daily gladiator games.
lisa v a lion?
marcus v siavash and noirin
Freddie can be ceasar

Chuckyegg
27-07-2009, 12:47 PM
behave or get banned, its your choice

rapunzal77
27-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by OnlyFoolsVote
The plebs have spoken, and, once again, the reason BB fails and loses viewers is because radical changes (like the ones I propose), fall on deaf ears and ignorant minds :pat:

go get a life and stop trying to come up with ideas to inject some life into a gameshow thats dead on its arse!

sun is shining..................

ElProximo
27-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Okay, a few problems in this idea:

- It supposes that one or both of the nominees are disliked or deserve punishment or at least the audience would like to see them punished.
This is often not the case.
An example might be Freddy and Angel being nominated. A lot of the viewer suspense and emotions were over the agony of having to vote out one of their favourites. They may have liked Freddy more but most did not want to see Angel being punished or forced to endure some loss of rights and food etc. At least eviction can be (if the audience chooses) a celebration, cheers and applause to the evictee.

- HMs do not necessarily have a person they would like to see punished and given difficulties and have food rations, humiliations etc.
Again, you would have many situations where HMs would be asked to choose who gets hurt. In a sense eviction could be a bad thing but at least they can take heart knowing they might be sending the evictee to their families, to cheers and to warm applause and know they go home to sleep in their own beds. Occasionally nominations have been as a favour to a HM who actually wants to go.
In your scenario it is always forcing them to pick someone and watch them being punished.

- Most people (I think?) and most HMs do not enjoy seeing other HMs getting punishments.
Yes, on occasion someone deserves it and you think 'well good!' but still the punishment is usually designed to encourage them to stay in the game and continue the rules and play along - not just for the sake of entertainment from the punishment itself.
Obviously you find that the most entertaining part.

- A show where 20 people take turns singling one out and subjecting them to punishment and humiliation is not going to get a lot of applicants and even more walk-offs,
especially considering the chances of being subject to it would be nearly certain.
But you can make an argument that almost does happen now anyways heh.

- Still a big problem in that nobody ever leaves and so all you really need is a block of 12 people or more to form an 'in crowd' and pledge to nominate the same four or six 'out crowd' people week after week.
If they walk then great.
You might increase your chance of not getting picked for the big prize but then again at the end just 'turn on the in crowd'.

I mean seriously I am not watching a 'punishment' program and its amazing you don't see how 'pleb' this idea of yours really is.
Superficial, plays to the worst base emotions, can easily become redundant social stasis.
I do like the 'Devils Advocate' and getting people to think about why they DO like the BB format though.

This year is such a mess that I suppose they might as well do your idea anyways. people come and go, revolving doors, people who know each other and have been in before, talent agent supplied 'mactors',
so what the hell.. might as well do yours too.

Marc
27-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Another stupid thread :bored:

OnlyFoolsVote2
27-07-2009, 02:04 PM
There are many threads complaining about how boring BB is. Yet this one offers a real solution. The morons here need to appreciate GREAT threads like this.