PDA

View Full Version : Housemate IQs ... Strategy potential

InOne
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Long_Run
Hre are the reported IQ scores of original housemates. Given that strategy (for which read 'game planning') requires intelligence, who do we think is planning their game? (Remember the IQ test was not under controlled condiions and some HMs are not operating in native language).

128 Sophia
125 Freddie
122 Marcus
94 Angel
99 Siavash
97 Charlie
92 Kris
92 Cairon
80 Noirin
89 Rodrigo
79 Karly
74 Sree
69 Saffia
60 Sophie
55 Lisa

It seems to me Freddie and Marcus are well capable of game planning (evident from watching their performances), whilst Lisa is less capable. She reacts to circumstances as they unfold before her. There is no plan.

What about the new lot? Where you get these from?

BB_Eye
09-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Lots of double figures in that house.

Still better than last year where 1st evictee Stephanie was the only person to pass the 120+ mark.

TurtleSoup
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Isn't the average IQ 100?
Lisa's pretty retarded.

The_Long_Run
09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by InOne

What about the new lot? Where you get these from?

BBLB 11 June 2009. Don't think we have been old the new ones.

Prole
I keep seeing these "IQ results". When they first talked about them on BBLB it was made clear they were for fun and not done under clinical conditions. Gawd knows which test they were given and the circumstances under which they were taken. Like all IQ tests, I don't think you should read too deeply into them.

BB_Eye
Originally posted by TurtleSoup
Lisa's pretty retarded.

Almost there anyway. I remember Shabnam's IQ being something like 49 which is technically borderline retarded. :joker:

BB_Eye
09-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Prole
I keep seeing these "IQ results". When they first talked about them on BBLB it was made clear they were for fun and not done under clinical conditions. Gawd knows which test they were given and the circumstances under which they were taken. Like all IQ tests, I don't think you should read too deeply into them.

This is true. Personally, I wish they would give the housemates EQ tests before they go in.

I have a pretty good feeling Noirin and Marcus would have done terribly.

aiv
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Profound mental retardation Below 20
Severe mental retardation 20–34
Moderate mental retardation 35–49
Mild mental retardation 50–69
Borderline intellectual functioning 70–79

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_retardation#IQ_below_70

The_Long_Run
09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Lisa's pretty retarded.

Yes 100 is he norm (average). IQ test measures are not precise and usually quote +/- 3% so Siavash and Charlie would both be termed average. One is a non-native speaker, the other had special educational needs at school which were not delivered so both would probably be upwardly corrected.

Freddie also had special educational needs, but these were delivered so he has probably been coached in IQ tests.

The term retarded is unacceptable in my view, but yes, it would appear that she has lower intelligence. (as measured by IQ tests)

The_Long_Run
09-08-2009, 02:32 PM
(NOTE: These reservations were made clear in the original post.)

Nebi
09-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Real IQ tests takes hours to make, I doubt those numbers are close to the real thing.

The_Long_Run
09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Nebi
Real IQ tests takes hours to make, I doubt those numbers are close to the real thing.

Insofar as there is a real thing

The issue is, Freddie and Marcus are the gameplanners, NOT Lisa!

Prole
09-08-2009, 02:53 PM

So why are you all taking the result so seriously?

DiamondDogTags
09-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Anybody got the new HM's IQs?

The_Long_Run
09-08-2009, 03:03 PM

So why are you all taking the result so seriously?

One takes the available evidence and looks for consistency. There is a lot of game-planning going on (as when Marcus and Freddie talk about having their "BB Brain on" and others NOT having their "BB Brain" on). Having one's "BB Brain on" can only be synonymus with employing strategy. Hence they condemn themselves out of their own mouths.

At the same time they tell Sophie that she doesn't have her "BB Brain on", but somewhat in contradiction accuse her of planning her game! This might seen to contradict the view that they are intelligent, but of course it is part of their strategy to belittle their 'opponents'. Many of the HMs are there simply for the experience and any winnings would be a vey pleasant sideline, but not the main objective for being there.

HuxleyPig
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
128 Sophia
125 Freddie
122 Marcus
94 Angel
99 Siavash
97 Charlie
92 Kris
92 Cairon
80 Noirin
89 Rodrigo
79 Karly
74 Sree
69 Saffia
60 Sophie
55 Lisa

Ironic, given the discussion, but how is 89 less than 80? =P

Beastie
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BB_Eye
Lots of double figures in that house.

Still better than last year where 1st evictee Stephanie was the only person to pass the 120+ mark.

so steph had the highest iq.. and was evicted 1st last year..

and this year sophia first to be evicted and she had the highest iq!!

lol!!

if you are really intelligent you dont stand a chance lasting long!! JOKE lol

nah.. just because you have a large iq.. doesnt mean you are the biggest game player!

Beastie
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
i wonder what hiras, beas, kenneths, toms and davids IQ is?

bansheewails
10-08-2009, 03:26 PM
My eleven year old has a higher IQ than them all, and he seems moe savvy!

Nebi
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

As you can see, the numbers listed as what the HM's have is just BS.

AhmedFan2004
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Hahaha, Lisa's IQ is the lowest, but she's the best tactician in there. Hahaha. :thumbs:

Beastie
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
sophia had the highest IQ and was evicted first.. lmao!! and sophia definately didnt think before she reacted!! she has no game plan at all!!

and maybe the iq test was a short one? who knows!! it doesnt mean at all that if you have the highest IQ you have the biggest gameplan and if you have the lowest IQ you have the least game plan.. thats a load of BS!! lol

Beastie
10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
i think i would score between 90-109!

AhmedFan2004
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I think the IQ test they took was quite an academic one.

Lisa isn't educated, so sucked at it, but is the best gameplanner and schemer in there.

Freddie is a poor schemer, but does try to, and has a high IQ, academically anyway.

MissKittyFantastico
10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Nebi

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

As you can see, the numbers listed as what the HM's have is just BS.

I never thought of myself as having very superior intelligence before! :laugh:

Woo! Go me! :thumbs2:

*mazedsalv**
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Im an average. I can be VERY dumb at some things, but for others i am really clued up and intelligent.

When i take internet IQ tests, i always come between 97-103, so smack down in the middle of average intelligence.

bronaaaa
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Ohh I'm superior intelligence

RCW1945
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
The_Long_Run
My interpretation of "BB brain on " is somewhat different to yours.
I think it is based on the fact that in the house, due to the strange, alien circumstances and the control exercised by BB HMs must get used to thinking differently. They must forget what life outside was like.
I don't think it is necessarily connected to "game plans" although they could be a small part of the BB thinking mode.

Indierock&roll
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
the results do seem like they are right going along how people have been in the house

IsleOfWeather
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
According to the Daily Mail

David 88
Bea 101
Kenneth the twat 82
Tom 79
Hira 132

Braden
10-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Shabnam was pretty mental

*mazedsalv**
10-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by IsleOfWeather
According to the Daily Mail

David 88
Bea 101
Kenneth the t*** 82
Tom 79
Hira 132

Thats really random, you would think that Kenneth would be at around 120+, Hira i think thats too high for not knowing what a keyhole is, and thats too low for Tom. I heard that Bea, Kenneth and Tom were all over 105.
The only believable one there is David, and maybe Bea.

Moses1
10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Total nonsense IQ test. Look at Charlie's score. Fact of life, he is not in the 'average' bracket, and if he is, we have become thicker as a nation.

Moses1
10-08-2009, 05:35 PM
HIRA 132????? That is clear nonsense!!!! Proves it is rubbish. She shows signs of retardation the way she acts. 132 is almost enough for Mensa!!

*mazedsalv**
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Moses1
HIRA 132????? That is clear nonsense!!!! Proves it is rubbish. She shows signs of retardation the way she acts. 132 is almost enough for Mensa!!

I know, nice girl, but there are many moments that proved that she should be below the average mark.

luminoussun
10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I been calling lisa a ****** for weeks but no one believed me:laugh3:
She went to special school :laugh2:

The_Long_Run
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by luminoussun

Calling someone 'a ******' is unacceptable. WHEN are moderators going to get a grip of this sort of language?

Kazanne
10-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by luminoussun

I don't like Lisa at all but that remark is NOT funny:mad:

Shasown
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by AhmedFan2004
Hahaha, Lisa's IQ is the lowest, but she's the best tactician in there. Hahaha. :thumbs:

Hardly the best tactician as she has failed in her objective totally. Oh unless of course to get rid of her friends and make freddie popular was her objective, in that case yes masterly tactics.

golden
10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Lisa's pretty retarded.

Yes 100 is he norm (average). IQ test measures are not precise and usually quote +/- 3% so Siavash and Charlie would both be termed average. One is a non-native speaker, the other had special educational needs at school which were not delivered so both would probably be upwardly corrected.

Freddie also had special educational needs, but these were delivered so he has probably been coached in IQ tests.

The term retarded is unacceptable in my view, but yes, it would appear that she has lower intelligence. (as measured by IQ tests)

Well said Long_Run...I hate the use of the term 'retarded' when describing people who maybe slower learners than average.

RCW1945
10-08-2009, 06:37 PM
To repeat myself:
I think it is a very dubious practice of the producers to year after year choose people of lower and lower intelligence.
I'm sure that, on average, the HMs in BB1 were more intelligent.
I suppose that as it becomes more apparent what the show consists of fewer intelligent folks will apply.
While those of low intelligence might be more malleable and entertaining I do wonder what the long term effect is.

Nebi
10-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by RCW1945
To repeat myself:
I think it is a very dubious practice of the producers to year after year choose people of lower and lower intelligence.
I'm sure that, on average, the HMs in BB1 were more intelligent.
I suppose that as it becomes more apparent what the show consists of fewer intelligent folks will apply.
While those of low intelligence might be more malleable and entertaining I do wonder what the long term effect is.

Normally a show like BB would reflect some persona into today's society but with those ******* I sure hope that its not a average because the world is doom doom doom.

Here's the doom doom song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ