PDA

View Full Version : Charity Shield

setanta
09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Which players caught your eye and you feel could make a considerable contribution to their teams push for trophies this season?

And which ones did you feel didn't turn up?

Novo
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Simeon Jackson is the player to watch this season

Jayson
09-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Doesn't the Carling Cup start tomorrow?

Novo
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
One game on tomorrow

setanta
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Sorry fellas, half asleep when I typed the title of thread. Only back online now and realised my boo boo.

Novo
09-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Ahh charity shield

I was impressed with Carvalho obviously Drogba as well he works so hard for chelsea had a few chances as well

For Man united fabio was good when he came on made a few good crosses into the box and was going past lampard with his pace

setanta
09-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by .Andy.
Ahh charity shield

I was impressed with Carvalho obviously Drogba as well he works so hard for chelsea had a few chances as well

For Man united fabio was good when he came on made a few good crosses into the box and was going past lampard with his pace

Yep, Drogba looks ready.... he's always a handful and you can just sense that he's really up for it.

Lampard and Carrick kinda disappointed me..... they really didn't add much to the game.

I still don't see anything in Mikel: think Ferguson got lucky when he went to Chelsea.

Fletcher and Essien solid as per usual.

I was amazed that Berbatov was actually running and looking dangerous in the first 30mins. Think it could be a good season for him. Oh, and Owen looked sharp....... could turn out to be the purchase of the season. We'll see though.

Jayson
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I thought Nani did well, and Carvalho did well with his goal to find the space and to dive in for it.

Novo
09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by setanta
Ahh charity shield

Yep, Drogba looks ready.... he's always a handful and you can just sense that he's really up for it.

Lampard and Carrick kinda disappointed me..... they really didn't add much to the game.

I still don't see anything in Mikel: think Ferguson got lucky when he went to Chelsea.

I was amazed that Berbatov was actually running and looking dangerous in the first 30mins. Think it could be a good season for him. Oh, and Owen looked sharp....... could turn out to be the purchase of the season. We'll see though.

I think Mikel is pretty decent but he does the Job's that people don't notice Just takes people out the game and tracks back all the time

Pretty good at protecting the back 4 like Makelele but not as good just yet

setanta
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by setanta
Ahh charity shield

I think Mikel is pretty decent but he does the Job's that people don't notice Just takes people out the game and tracks back all the time

Pretty good at protecting the back 4 like Makelele but not as good just yet

Not with ya there.... Mikel isn't mobile enough - caught flatfooted on so many occassions. Think he's a liability in midfield. Doubt he'll stay on starting 11..... well he shouldn't be on it if this manager has any sense.

Novo
09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Mikel had a decent season last season i thought from what i saw off him
he was nominated for the club player and young player of the season
he leeds to calm down on his tackling a bit though that lets him down