PDA

View Full Version : Most fame-obsessed and desperate to win HMs in the history of the show?

jegmeister
09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Thought I'd start a debate about the mentality of the HMs on this year's show.

They seem to be even more obsessed with how they are perceived and winning than any other BB in the history of the show.

Everything revolves around it.

Think of Noirin - why did she switch allegiance from Lisa's group to Marcus' group early in the show? Answer - she saw Lisa's allies being evitced one after the other.

Siavash - why did he whinge on about how his fling with Noirin would be perceived and then force everyone to be up for eviction? Answer - because he is obsessed with how the public sees him

Rodrigo - why was he annoyed with charlie when the latter put water on his bed? Answer - because he is worried how it will look

And then finally - why is Sophie concerned about how "faggate" will look to the outside world and is talking about putting herself up? Answer - because she is worried about how it will be perceived.

On top of all these people, we have the likes of Charlie. He is the most desperate in there by a mile. As soon as he found out that he wasn't favourite a few weeks ago, he tried all kinds of desperate tactics.

Even the lowest of the low by saying his mother needed the money as she was in a coma. We didn't see this incidentally cos BB is protecting him. But I would be asking him why the hell he is on a TV show if his mother is in that situation.

And Bea who is trying another tack. She is trying to turn all the HMs against each other and identifying herself with the fav HM - and in the process ruining his chances. So far she has been spectacualrly unsuccessful but her desperate reaction to being nominated shows her mindset.

David has chosen to ally himself with Lisa which suggests he too is thinking about getting to the final. He goes on about how lucky he is to be there and how this is the greatest moment of his life. If you think that, to my mind you must be quite desperate, although he hides it beter than other HMs.

Lisa is less desperate to win in itself but wants to stay to prove she is better than someone else - in this case, Freddie.

Freddie seemed to be enjoying the experience to start with but has now become so eaten up with hatred for Lisa that he wants to stay in to prove he is better than her.

There is only one person in there who genuinely wouldn't care if they were evicted next week - ironically one of the most disliked HMs - Marcus.

I'm actually am a Freddie supporter - I'm not happy with some of his behaviour over the last couple of weeks. Although I understand why he has done it, I think he will regret them when he gets out. Nevertheless, once I support A HM I stick with them - I don't change like other people do.

I say this just to show I'm not biased. I don't support Marcus but see this as one good trait of his.

My list of the last 9 left in showing the most desperate to least:

Charlie
Siavash
Bea
Rodrigo
Sophie
David
Lisa
Freddie
Marcus

What do others think?

gavinh2008
09-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I completely agree, every word of it, I mean I'm not a Marcus fan, but he does seem less desperate than the rest of them.

Charlie is just so desperate to win, as you said, he is starting to use all sorts of tricks to get himself in the final.

InOne
09-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Well because this is BB10 I think yeah people will be after the fame. After seeing Jade become a millionaire when she didn't even win, they must think it is sooooo easy. I know what you mean about the desperate tactics of some of the housemates. They are all trying things that have been done in the past. This year is almost a mimic to all the others. And I think that Marcus is the only one not in it for the fame.

bigmalky
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Well said jegmeister. I am a Marcus follower however, but he's the least likely to be bothered if he gets evicted beforehand.

A very nice take on everyone's motives. Oh and you forgot to add that Sophie is in it so she can pay her debt off for her pointless boobjob and wants to catapult herself into the faceless, pointless career of glamour modelling. :bigsmile:

Tom
09-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I think the BB8 lot were actually more fame obsessed than this year. Shabnam sums up everything that is wrong with HM casting

Claymores
09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Early in 2009 (about when they launched the fake U-tube possibility of making the show was started) there was a press release saying they were doing away with the wannabees and getting real contestants in.

Leaving aside a few (Lisa and Marcus of the current ones)..........the rest have been on the fame-game circuit in one was or another or were hand recruited (hHlfarse).

It's not Joe or Joanne normal anymore, but people like Rodrigo who was an extra on Hollyjokes or Sophie who's agent allegedly has close contacts with Endomol production staff.

Twiggy
09-08-2009, 05:06 PM
No-one can be as bad as Chanelle.

InOne
09-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah it's a bad one for the wannabees this year. Sophie is the most obvious looking for it though. I think Charlie with his "antics" thinks he can be a presenter or something, I think he wants to be like Ant and Dec. Freddie for his political career, but look what happened to old Galloway. Then we have Rodrigo the shining star, happy smiley loveable forigener who looks like he should be in a boy band. Who else ermmm Bea, dunno what she could want seen as she is making a twat of herself lol. Siavash seemed genuine at first, but im starting to doubt. Lisa was not doing much with her life anyway, so why not get free food and cigs. Marcus seems like one of those people who came along with his mates as a joke but actually ended up getting in. David it seems is quite genuine, who knows though.

Prole
09-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't think they're any worse this year than they are any other year.

Vicky.
09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Charlie
Siavash
Rodrigo
Sophie
Bea
David
Freddie
Lisa
Marcus

I swapped a couple of your list around, this is my opinion of the order of who is most depserate :flowers:

qwertyell
09-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I think the BB8 lot were actually more fame obsessed than this year. Shabnam sums up everything that is wrong with HM casting

Shabnam, Charley, Chanelle, Ziggy, that Billy dipstick.

Not to mention the winner, Brian Bello.

BB8 really was cynical wannbe central.

DiamondDogTags
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
great post. Completely agree about Marcus. I hate the fame hungry thing, there is a reason why we have celeb BB.