PDA

View Full Version : BB has announced to h/m`s all will be punished

NONESHALLPASS
09-08-2009, 05:52 PM
So does this mean all will be up for eviction again??
Or some other punishment??

I think they will all be put up for eviction again this way BB gets rid of a boring character again and also get all the phone votes its win win for them

Here is the link to what BB has told them

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/blog/01a303338f6350ecb1d40e7862ec00b8/view.c4

Vicky.
09-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Lisa, you should know by now that you never challenge Big Brother to a 'punish the housemates contest', as Big Brother will always win. Stay tuned.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 05:56 PM
It's not right, i's not n the spirit of BB.

Remember GO's 1984? It's about extinguishing rebels.

This is manipulation, and open tha can of worms and th whole game changes. Its not BB anymore.

NONESHALLPASS
09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by VickyJ
Lisa, you should know by now that you never challenge Big Brother to a 'punish the housemates contest', as Big Brother will always win. Stay tuned.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: She is well peed off that she is at risk again lol
This is so funny, and apparently siavash freddie and marcus had a great time singing in the jail.
That i want to see :thumbs2:

They are making this show watchable

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
BB is a bent referee.

NONESHALLPASS
I think BB has been turned on its head this year all the rule breaks, anarchy, refusing to nom etc
Its great viewing rather than the usual mundane boring predictable show

Its been great to see how BB reacts to them and how the other hosuemates react to the rule breakers etc

FANTASTIC !! :dance2:

ash1977
Take away the luxury food budget and give them the basic £1 per day.

MissKittyFantastico
09-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by NONESHALLPASS

This is so funny, and apparently siavash freddie and marcus had a great time singing in the jail.

Totally agree!

Blame BB for not cracking down on 'the rebels', they're obviously enjoying them breaking the rules all the time and the tension it's creating at the same time, otherwise they would have brought in much harsher punishments, or even thrown them out the back door.

At the end of the day it's a TV show more than it is a game show anyway, BB could take away the prize money if they wanted to and that would make the whole thing meaningless really anyway! BB have the ultimate power to do whatever the hell they want, remember that!

Marcus and Siavash especially have realised that and are just having a bit of fun, neither want or expect to win, so are just having a laugh now! And why not?

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I think BB has been turned on its head this year all the rule breaks, anarchy, refusing to nom etc

Its been great to see how BB reacts to them and how the other hosuemates react to the rule breakers etc

I rather think it is a bent game when the referee arbitrarily changes the rules to determine the result. Makes you wonder if betting has had a hand to play, and an insider is coining it.

kisywisy
09-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Nemo123

This is manipulation, and open tha can of worms and th whole game changes. Its not BB anymore.

exactly!!

bb has lost all control now and it's not the same show.

nice that you know where big brother actually stems from. what a book :thumbs:

bluehill
09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by MissKittyFantastico

Totally agree!

Blame BB for not cracking down on 'the rebels', they're obviously enjoying them breaking the rules all the time and the tension it's creating at the same time, otherwise they would have brought in much harsher punishments, or even thrown them out the back door.

At the end of the day it's a TV show more than it is a game show anyway, BB could take away the prize money if they wanted to and that would make the whole thing meaningless really anyway! BB have the ultimate power to do whatever the hell they want, remember that!

Marcus and Siavash especially have realised that and are just having a bit of fun, neither want or expect to win, so are just having a laugh now! And why not?

hahahahaha

charliegimbert
BB is a bent referee.

just another unhappy teen i see :joker: I Just Love Marcus, Freddie & Siavash :hello:

Benjamin
Originally posted by kisywisy

exactly!!

This is the best post I have seen in a long while on here. :thumbs:

Vicky.
09-08-2009, 06:07 PM

Totally agree!

I would much rather watch a group of people who are enjoying themselves, with the occasional rulebreak, than a group of people sitting around smoking, drinking cups of tea and minding their Ps and Qs incase they broke a rule :thumbs2:

NONESHALLPASS
09-08-2009, 06:08 PM

exactly!!

nice that you know where big brother actually stems from. what a book :thumbs: The show needs life and entertainment, and if rule breaking brings that then so be it.
I dont want to watch fake relationship charlie and rod or lisa smoking at the bus stop with david
I want entertainment and siavash marcus and freddie are bringing it :wink:

SocietyIsRuined
09-08-2009, 06:08 PM

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Yeah in all my years of watching BB, I have never ever seen anyone really get punished. It's the Spanish Inqisition sketch, Big Brother are that laughable.

Jayson
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
At least it's not ALL Marcus and Siavash's fault this time, hopefully Sophie gets the same reaction on here as they did.

NONESHALLPASS
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Totally agree!

I would much rather watch a group of people who are enjoying themselves, with the occasional rulebreak, than a group of people sitting around smoking, drinking cups of tea and minding their Ps and Qs incase they broke a rule :thumbs2: And I think BB producers agree with that too :wink:
They want entertainment for rating we want entertainment to make show worth watching.
BB producers could kill the show tonight by throwing siavash and marcus and freddie out
and then the show would be over
They are not daft lol

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ukturtle

exactly!!

This is the best post I have seen in a long while on here. :thumbs:

We're supposed o accept BB is always right. If that's to be so, then BB is taking the piss out of us, the viewer. OK, OK. So be it!
But!!! do not invest an unce of emotion, a penny or a pound, or a phone-call in the whole stinking festering show, else be taken for a mug.

Enjoy it for what it is, a con.

shash
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Totally agree! :thumbs:

The big surprise for me this year was just how conformist Lisa was, just goes to show, we can't judge them by audition tapes and appearances.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
BB is a one-amed bandit; it'll take your money if you'e stupid enough to play it,,a nd leave you broke and unfulfilled.

Vicky.
09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Jayson
At least it's not ALL Marcus and Siavash's fault this time, hopefully Sophie gets the same reaction on here as they did.

She wont, you can guarantee it.

boomoo
09-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Why has Sophie not been punished for asking to be up for eviction?

double standards Marcus would say.

hennessy
09-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Ha ha ha Lisa complaining. love it

Patrick
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Lazy Bastards

Thats all BB is this year

They cant be ****ed thinking of a good original twist of a punishment that will shock everyone so instead they GIVE THE HOUSEMATES WHAT THEY WANT and put them all up, thats hardly a punishment!

Nebi
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
BB lost the control of the house.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:23 PM
BB shifts the goalposts as it pleases. Very profitable to be able to do that when there's a thiving betting market on the outcome of the result.

NONESHALLPASS
09-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Nebi
BB lost the control of the house. Yes isnt it great lol :spin:

BB22
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
There have been some insightful posts in this thread. Which is nice to see, as it has been a pretty rough few days quality-wise.

Yes, this is not a regulated sporting event it is a television show first and foremost and the primary concern of the producers is to generate entertainment for the viewers within the broad framework of the show's concept.

What we have seen gradually emerge this last few weeks has been the war between rebels and Big Brother as a distinct narrative of this year's show.

And, an even more subtle point, people should not assume that Big Brother's primary objective is to win that battle, at least not in the short term. I think the producers will be quite happy to maintain a kind of dynamic tension and let the narrative play out further for the purposes of providing entertaining viewing. As long as they feel they will be able to maintain ultimate control, I think they may just allow it to go on.

To be honest, I can understand why people like Lisa and David and Rodrigo are getting annoyed. They are getting it in the neck when they are not themselves breaking any rules. But what we as intelligent viewers have to realise is that Big Brother's first concern is not necessarily justice, it is providing entertaining viewing. And if the producers think that messing with the punishments and messing with the Housemates' heads', setting them against each other, will create drama, then sure they are going to do just that.

It will be interesting to see how people on this forum react to all this over the next few days. I am sure we will see a lot of Rodrigo-style reactions here. But then at least it is providing something for us all to talk about.

shash
09-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BB22
There have been some insightful posts in this thread. Which is nice to see, as it has been a pretty rough few days quality-wise.

Yes, this is not a regulated sporting event it is a television show first and foremost and the primary concern of the producers is to generate entertainment for the viewers within the broad framework of the show's concept.

What we have seen gradually emerge this last few weeks has been the war between rebels and Big Brother as a distinct narrative of this year's show.

And, an even more subtle point, people should not assume that Big Brother's primary objective is to win that battle, at least not in the short term. I think the producers will be quite happy to maintain a kind of dynamic tension and let the narrative play out further for the purposes of providing entertaining viewing. As long as they feel they will be able to maintain ultimate control, I think they may just allow it to go on.

To be honest, I can understand why people like Lisa and David and Rodrigo are getting annoyed. They are getting it in the neck when they are not themselves breaking any rules. But what we as intelligent viewers have to realise is that Big Brother's first concern is not necessarily justice, it is providing entertaining viewing. And if the producers think that messing with the punishments and messing with the Housemates' heads', setting them against each other, will create drama, then sure they are going to do just that.

It will be interesting to see how people on this forum react to all this over the next few days. I am sure we will see a lot of Rodrigo-style reactions here. But then at least it is providing something for us all to talk about.

excellent and well-articulated post as always, BB22. I do agree with you, and that's such a pertinent point about justice. BB's primary concern will be about what is entertaining while maintaining ultimate control of the house, some wayward behaviour will be tolerated with token punishments. For someone to be booted out of the house as some are calling for would only be in response to a gross rule-break. Not cigarette hiding or such like.

By accident or design, this is a situation that Big Brother has brought upon itself, partly through all its neglect of the housemates intellectual (!) needs and allowing them to become extremely bored and under-stimulated, and crucially, allowing contact with housemates from previous series who told them how BB was depriving them of so much in comparison with their experiences. I think that was a turning point and rebellion has been in the air for some time since.

The bonus for us is that it has made the show infinitely more watchable.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Your entire post has made a very strong case for the prosecution: Who goes/wins? You decide! Is nonsense.

Anyone, me even, who has wathesd odds shift on Beetfair in anticipation of announcement on TV will have observed prima facia evidence of people in the know making a killing on the betting markets. Big Brother/Endemol/C4 are in the dock, and guilty as charged.

BB22
09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by shash

excellent and well-articulated post as always, BB22. I do agree with you, and that's such a pertinent point about justice. BB's primary concern will be about what is entertaining while maintaining ultimate control of the house, some wayward behaviour will be tolerated with token punishments. For someone to be booted out of the house as some are calling for would only be in response to a gross rule-break. Not cigarette hiding or such like.

By accident or design, this is a situation that Big Brother has brought upon itself, partly through all its neglect of the housemates intellectual (!) needs and allowing them to become extremely bored and under-stimulated, and crucially, allowing contact with housemates from previous series who told them how BB was depriving them of so much in comparison with their experiences. I think that was a turning point and rebellion has been in the air for some time since.

Thank you for your kind words, shash. And yes, I agree entirely with regard to the source of a lot of this. I think a lot of people here on this very forum were saying a few weeks ago that some of the Housemates were looking very bored. Anyone in a confined environment will start to go rather stir-crazy if there is not enough stimulation.

mrs-big
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Siavash, Marcus and Freddie are Amazing!
Love themmmm!

shash
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by shash

Thank you for your kind words, shash. And yes, I agree entirely with regard to the source of a lot of this. I think a lot of people here on this very forum were saying a few weeks ago that some of the Housemates were looking very bored. Anyone in a confined environment will start to go rather stir-crazy if there is not enough stimulation.

I thought that last year, BB had the best and most imaginative tasks I can remember. In contrast, with just one or two exceptions, this year's tasks have been the worst, so uninspiring. I think the producers have forgotten about the boredom aspect of life in the house. Having watched some live feed it seems almost cruel how bored they have been allowed to become, and therefore tasks are a highlight, a break from the routine, and it's been a little sad seeing how disappointed they have been at times with such uninvolving, unimaginative tasks.

BB22
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Your entire post has made a very strong case for the prosecution: Who goes/wins? You decide! Is nonsense.

Anyone, me even, who has wathesd odds shift on Beetfair in anticipation of announcement on TV will have observed prima facia evidence of people in the know making a killing on the betting markets. Big Brother/Endemol/C4 are in the dock, and guilty as charged.

Well, I sympathise somewhat with your sentiments but I do not really intend to make the case you describe. I would class myself as a kind of amused observer of these antics and I can entirely understand the producers' primary motivation: to create an entertaining show. However, while I am happy to accept that they might manipulate the punishments to create drama, I do not think it follows from this that they are intentionally manipulating the vote, either directly or indirectly.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:52 PM
For the last few years, every tuesday, I could anticipate without fail who was up. I only had to look at Betfair's odds from the time the nominations were made (before they wer announced). They leaked like a sieve, and those on the inside made a killing.

Beyond that, they skewerd what the public might have decided who won. People, (viewers) were cheated. It was bold-faced cheating.

Fix it by taking away the book; NO BETTING.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
It simply isn't fair to change the rules mid-stream. It's a cheat on the viewers.

witchy666
09-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Well thats the food taken away and the kitchen in lock down, there going to go mad now

halsword
09-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ukturtle
[quote]Originally posted by Nemo123

exactly!!

This is the best post I have seen in a long while on here. :thumbs: [/quote

having read george orwell, 1984 was ome o the most boring books i ever read, possibly surpassed by animal farm.
these rebels are not facing the death that citizen smith did.

The_Long_Run
09-08-2009, 07:26 PM

I would agree with all the above though I believe it starts one step down the hierarchy of purpose for the producers which is of course economic. The producers are a commercial organisation aimed at generating revenue. This has two strands to it, viewer numbers and voter numbers.

The producers will allow the current conflict narrative to continue so long as the feedback suggests that viewers are more drawn to it than disengaged by it. If it becomes too cruel and gratuitous, there is a risk of distaste driving viewers away until a more humane production strategy is adopted, or certain individuls who are seen as being disruptive are removed by whatever means.

Of course,the second income stream from votes must be factored into this and carefull review will be undertaken of consequences of vote to evict or vote to keep and of numbers up or eviction. BB will seek to adopt a strategy that will generate greatest revenue without driving towards viewer disengagement over future weeks.

The producer's job is not an easy ask.

BB22
09-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by The_Long_Run

I would agree with all the above thouh I believe it starts one step down the hierarchy of purpose for the producers which is of course economic. The producers are a commercial organisation aimed at generating revenue. This has two strands to it, viewer numbers and voter numbers.

The producers will allow the current conflict narrative to continue so long as the feedback suggests that viewers are more drawn to it than disengaged by it. If it become to cruel and gratuitous, there is a risk of distaste driving viewers away until a more away humane production strategy is adopted, or certain individuls who are seen as being disruptive are removed by whatever means.

Of course,the second income stream from votes must be factored into this and carefull review will be undertaken of consequences of vote to evict or vote to keep and of numbers up or eviction. BB will seek to adopt a strategy that will genberate greatest revenue without driving towards viewer disengagement over future weeks.

The producer's job is not an easy ask.

Absolutely. I agree with you.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
The producers would be better served to abide by a set of rules so noone felt cheated. Instea they change the rules as it suits them thereby alienating an entire tranche of viewers forever.

Nemo123
09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
If BB played a clean game the show might have legs to go on for a lot longer than the 10 years it has. Sport can go on in perpetuity, even snooker.
But BB deal from the bottom of the deck.