PDA

View Full Version : has BB lost control of the show?

jegmeister
09-08-2009, 06:19 PM
In the past, BB always held control of the show. Noone was bigger than the show itself.

However, this year the voting figures are so much lower than before that BB cannot afford to lose big characters like Marcus, Siavash, (to a lesser extent) Freddie and nasty characters like Bea who everyone loves to hate.

They can afford to get rid of people like Lisa and David - Lisa in particular isn't liked and is boring to watch.

Hence when rules are broken by big characters they have a dilemma - put just these people up and lose a big character or let the HMs dictate everything.

Their answer - a compromise where everyone goes up. That way it looks like everyone is punished whereas in fact only the least popular HMs are at risk.

Also, BB makes money from tactical voting as the public tries to be clever by voting for someone who they dislike to get someone else out. Even better if this backfires (as it did last week when Hira went).

The only solution would be if BB started getting more viewers and then it wouldn't need to worry about big characters leaving the show.

Any thoughts?

InOne
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM
This year it does not seem like BB are trying at all. I don't think they are that bothered.

charliegimbert
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
has BB lost control of the show?

NO.

they have not punished Lisa & David. time for em to suffer too :spin:

Nebi
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
For sure. What are those "rules" when you can break them 50 times and the worse that you will get is 24h in "jail (some air time)" or putting everyone up.

The housemates this year saved the show because the production really sucks.

Vicky.
09-08-2009, 06:28 PM
There are so many in there breaking rules that if they were to act on every rulebreak with the usual 3 strikes and you are out, they would have no housemates left.

Lisa: Hundreds of nomination talks, acting intimidating. On 2nd warning.
Freddie: Nomination talks, breaking out of jail, going on the roof.
Marcus: Where do i start?!
Sophie: Nomination talks
Siavash: Nomination talks, breaking out of jail
Rodrigo: Throwing the bottle in charlies face, an act of agression which would usually be a reason for immediate expulsion.
Charlie: The way he went for rodrigo the other night, has also been involved in nomination talks..though not quite as much as the rest. Going on the roof.

David: No rule breaks that i know of.
Bea: None that i can think of.

If they punished every rule break, we would have a house with only Bea and David. How interesting.

Nebi
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
So what, make a room with one toilet without doors or wall and no showers. who ever break the rules has to spend 24h in that room. Lets see how Bea will like watching Marcus takes a sh1t every 5 minutes.

drivensnow
09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Very good analysis, jegmeister. :thumbs:

MissKittyFantastico
09-08-2009, 06:35 PM
BB has given up on BB.

That's the problem.

They're killing the show off themselves, they should count themselves lucky that they've got people in there like Marcus, Siavash and Freddie (and Sree, Angel and Noirin in earlier weeks) this year to provide the entertainment, because they sure as hell aren't putting any effort in themselves!

reallynow
09-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Of course they have!

Nebi
09-08-2009, 06:38 PM
It would be so great if no one would vote next friday. Would tell them to either do something or stop it now.

setanta
09-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by MissKittyFantastico
BB has given up on BB.

That's the problem.

They're killing the show off themselves, they should count themselves lucky that they've got people in there like Marcus, Siavash and Freddie (and Sree, Angel and Noirin in earlier weeks) this year to provide the entertainment, because they sure as hell aren't putting any effort in themselves!

I agree. Plus they're now bending over and accepting housemates insubordination regarding nominations which kinda tarnishes the show even further.

It really seems like they're just making it up as they go, with no real thought of the consequences..... the all up for eviction was a classic moment of stupidity. And remember when they arsed up the Nessun Dorma cd? I really feel that the lack of energy in the show is down to the production team.

brian3
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
If all the HMs walked out at the same time. What would they do.

kisywisy
09-08-2009, 07:00 PM
i'm really disappointed in bb this year. if they had came down hard on rule breaking at the start, they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now.

i really don't know how the show will survive after this series. i dread to think the kind of people they'd put in the house next year

shash
09-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Could this be Big Brother's "Truman Show" moment, where the "actors" realise how manipulated they are and seize control? :wink: It's a fascinating part of this series, and could be the Big Brother natural conclusion.

cassieparis
09-08-2009, 07:02 PM
BB always figure out a way to make the utmost cash from the vote. :wink: