PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!!

bigbrofan
16-06-2002, 09:31 PM
Hi,

I just got a new phone for my bedroom today and there is ONE problem, when someone wants to phone me it does not ring in my bedroom can someone help me please.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Janette
16-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Have a look underneath the phone, there should be a ring on/ring off switch there, check that's on :spin2:

Or if that doesn't work, if your phone is an extension for downstairs, it's possible that it might only ring on the main phone, if so, I can't help, sorry :conf:

Hope that helps! :hugesmile:

steve_o
16-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Make sure that you've not got to many phones on extension's the bt box will only support about 3 phones try unpluging one of the other's and see if that works. :thumbs:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

bigbrofan
16-06-2002, 11:14 PM
I have only got this phone on a extension, I can ring people on it but I cannot get the phone to ring, I tried it down stairs and plugged it in and it worked fine I asked my dad and he said that the wiring was causing it or something can I get something for it, does maplins sell something:bawling:

steve_o
16-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Check the wire's in the extension box in your bedroom make sure they are all tight the wire that make's the phone ring may be loose. Also try blowing into the extension box there may be dust on one of the contacts were it plug's into the extension.

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

bigbrofan
17-06-2002, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to get to the bottom of whats going on with my phone and found very little, i phoned BT and said it was mt extension cable and its not, it the socket where i plug the extension cable into.

I pluged it in and still did nothing so its the socket, can anyone still help me.:mad:

bigbrofan
17-06-2002, 05:33 PM
oh yeah what does "Party Line" mean?????????