PDA

View Full Version : BB's dilemma over the next few weeks

jegmeister
12-08-2009, 01:13 PM
BB has put itself into a dificult dilemma.

I believe they made a calculation when they brought in the rule about discussing nominations.

They were fed up with Marcus, Freddie and Siavash - but rather than being honest and fair about it - and giving them warnings and then evicting them if necessary - they took the cowardly way out and said that everyone can discuss nominations.

They calculate that this will favour Lisa's group, particularly since Bea has now switched sides.

This means they can get rid of the troublemakers Marcus, Freddie and Siavash - or at least as many of them as they can.

However, last night's highlights have changed things.

Despite the rather IM cruel and callous comments on here, the public seem generally to have sided with Freddie over what happened with Bea. Even if they don't like him, they won't want Freddie to be evicted first.

So along with the public's annoyance at 2 big characters being up this week, there is now the added problem of what next week will bring - with discussing nominations, almost certainly Freddie vs Siavash.

If Freddie blows it by getting too arrogant when he survives eviction, there will be less problem. But if not and he is evicted while Bea is still in the house, expect massive criticism of the show and a possible mass switch off.

Unless they can engineer Bea being up in some way or ensure that bea is up for the last eviction week (2 weeks time), they face massive uproar.

Either way, Bea's crowd reaction on exit (especially if up against Siavash) will be one of the worst we have ever seen in BB history.

Any views anyone?

trasadkel
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I have to say that i cannot stand any of the three of Halfwit, Siavash or Marcus however in the interests of entertainment Marcus is the only one of the three that provides any. Although he is uncouth and nauseating to watch he does provide some funny moments.

Freddie has had his day. Yes he has gained some sympathy vote although personally I was not convinced at all and people have very selective memories if they forget Halfwits actions of a week ago. Maybe Lisa should have gone to the diary room crying when he openly taunted her. What else has he to offer. Lets face it if he gets too big for his boots again he will lose voters or if he goes along the sympathy route he could yet again be another sympathy winner. Hardly a triumph to win by.

Siavash just comes across as not genuine to me.

I think if the public evict Marcus they are making a big mistake. The final always needs a villain and Marcus would supply that.

BB22
12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
The thought of a straight-up vote between Bea and Siavash makes me grin. Bea would be utterly annihilated.

J-Rock
12-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Jegmeister - yes, it's quite funny that his has (again) backfired on BB in that sense - they can't control everything. At the same time, they will also be liking it, as it will keep ratings going for now (ruthless TV execs and all that).

I think Freddie's reaction again told us everything we want to know about him - underneath he is a really delicate soul and pretty vulnerable. This also means he could indeed become cocky again if he stays because he has this immature side to him (the cockiness is like a defense against being bullied again in my opinion) - although I doubt it and think he would have cottoned on by now - he is still an intelligent guy.

I don't think there will be mass switch off because as much as last night was truly awful to watch (the worst negative feelings I had experienced ever watching big brother...on a par with Galloway/Pete Burns bullying of Jodi Marsh, although I'm not a massive Marsh fan!)........

......95% of viewers will be WAITING for Bea.......:blush::shocked:

StGeorge
12-08-2009, 01:39 PM
BB ought to realise that the 3 amigos have actually made this show interesting whereas if all 3 of them go, this show will go down the pan with nothing left but a majority of gay people.
Im sorry to say but people i have spoke to who used to watch are turned off by the obvious leaning to the left.
I have enjoyed shows like BB2 where gay Brian won but its now getting saturated with gays and i and many others are just not interested.

J-Rock
12-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Trasadkel - as much as I value your opinion (and I do like Marcus) I totally disagree with you that Freddie's reaction last night was for sympathy - you just don't understand the guy, as many don't in my humble opinion

danda012
12-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by StGeorge
BB ought to realise that the 3 amigos have actually made this show interesting whereas if all 3 of them go, this show will go down the pan with nothing left but a majority of gay people.
Im sorry to say but people i have spoke to who used to watch are turned off by the obvious leaning to the left.
I have enjoyed shows like BB2 where gay Brian won but its now getting saturated with gays and i and many others are just not interested.

The show has been lacklustre ever since after BB6 had terrible ratings despite it being one of the more entertaining houses. The end of the series is coming a few weeks earlier than they expected unless they have a twist for next week's vote.

ElProximo
12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Marcus entertainment value is in his Eviction Night.
He is something like an 'investment' to be cashed in hopefully this Friday.
His stock has matured. This is the time to cash in. Simple as that.

Contrary to the popular opinion of Marcus 10 friends in futile over-hyping - the drama will increase once Marcus is gone.
He is a drag.
Either his sulking brings the house down or his boyish temper tantrums bring the house down or his stupid childish fake stories about ninjas or bricks just do 'showstoppers' on any enthusiasm.

It will pick up and you will see a lot more free-flowing action once Captain Cheaplaughs is cashed in on Friday.

Speaking of 'Big Characters' there are 2 monsters in there. Godzilla and Vampira aka Lisa and Bea.
These two may just be waiting for the smaller ones (Marcus, Siavash) to clear out before they clash in a final battle to the death.
Now THAT is big time action.

Visage
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't see this dilemma at all. I will still be watchng this show regarless of who is evicted.

The show isn't just about Freddie, Siavsh & Marcus. In fact sometimes I think they spoil the show

danda012
12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Visage
I don't see this dilemma at all. I will still be watchng this show regarless of who is evicted.

The show isn't just about Freddie, Siavsh & Marcus. In fact sometimes I think they spoil the show

They do provide more entertainment than most of the rest of the housemates combined.

Visage
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by danda012

They do provide more entertainment than most of the rest of the housemates combined.

I thought that about Noirin & Sree, but the show still carried on after they left

JTM45
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM

I totally agree!

What will be the point of watching Charlie.Sophie,Rodriogo,Lisa,David and Bea ?
They do nothing except smoke and the occassional bit of bitching.
It'll be like a less entertaining version of a chimps tea party!

Angus
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM

I thought that about Noirin & Sree, but the show still carried on after they left

Yes, but there were still big characters left. If the three musketeers leave, there is nothing left:sad:

danda012
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by angus58

Yes, but there were still big characters left. If the three musketeers leave, there is nothing left:sad:

Well maybe Bea breaking down more housemates and Charlie pranking Rodrigo who has a hissy fit back :sleep:

Don't worry, at least 1 of the musketeers will be in the final (bar a shock public vote V Sophie or similar). It just won't be the same without all 3 or even 2 of them.

Visage
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by angus58

There's only one eviction this Friday, so two of those mentioned will still be in the house.

That leaves 8 housemates, and with Bea in the thick of things I'm sure there will be much more coflict going on.

Cybele
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jegmeister
BB has put itself into a dificult dilemma.

I believe they made a calculation when they brought in the rule about discussing nominations.

They were fed up with Marcus, Freddie and Siavash - but rather than being honest and fair about it - and giving them warnings and then evicting them if necessary - they took the cowardly way out and said that everyone can discuss nominations.

[snipped]

You forgot Sophie. She has broken the nominations rule more than any other housemate this season. She has talked about nominations EVERY week since Kris was evicted.

coolestrocknrollstar
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
imo bb hasnt forgiven marcus for calling them out over the rascist thing with sree,,,since then theyve been punishing him more over the top than anyone else

Visage
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by coolestrocknrollstar
imo bb hasnt forgiven marcus for calling them out over the rascist thing with sree,,,since then theyve been punishing him more over the top than anyone else

Whereas IMO I don't think they have been punishing him more over the top than anyone else

t.i.m.e.a
12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
You guys are making it out as if Big Brother chooses who is up for eviction becuase you cant handle the fact that the characters you like arent liked in the house.
Stop trying to guess what bb is doing and make out they are all evil and setting up the winner, its a game...

danda012
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by t.i.m.e.a
You guys are making it out as if Big Brother chooses who is up for eviction becuase you cant handle the fact that the characters you like arent liked in the house.
Stop trying to guess what bb is doing and make out they are all evil and setting up the winner, its a game...

There have been a few occasions this year (and in past series too) where BB have pretty much decided who is up by manipulating the vote.

Claymores
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Good call:thumbs:

The Top Kat Gang block voted their compeditors out last year, then look what happened - the public got rid of the Top Kat Gang in swift order

Vicky.
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Claymores

The Top Kat Gang block voted their compeditors out last year, then look what happened - the public got rid of the Top Kat Gang in swift order

Like what WAS happening with the original block voters...lisas group? We were voting them out one by one until BB twisted the rules...

Claymores
12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Prior to fag-gate, Team Smug were planning their next victim - they had counted 4 votes for David, then Halfarse was sending Bea to get Rodders onside with that to make it 5

Vicky.
12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I refuse to debate with you while you are still being childish enough to call halfwit, halfarse. :bored:

Claymores
12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by VickyJ
Originally posted by Claymores

Like what WAS happening with the original block voters...lisas group? We were voting them out one by one until BB twisted the rules...
As in the quote - you just don't like it as Team Smug aren't winning - if Team Smug had gotten some integrity and the vote was Lisa vs David you'd be over the moon and calling this a great BB - as the nominees ain't your choice, you're suddeny not happy with it. There was no other team prior to fag-gate. A disparete bunch of folks not in Team Smug

Claymores
12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by VickyJ
I refuse to debate with you while you are still being childish enough to call halfwit, halfarse. :bored:

How mature of you :rolleyes: