PDA

View Full Version : Rodrigos task - funny or cruel?

cookiemonster
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
i don't think you can be a very nice person if you think it's funny to watch people get upset and humiliated when they don't deserve it, but that's just my opinion.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/blog/b2a0a8a2c9ed0940011ad52dcc41dadd/view.c4

Vicky.
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I think its very cruel.

Imagine you finally get the chance to meet your idol.

Then find out if was all setup to humiliate you, AND all your mates were in on it...:bored:

arista
12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
It should be a lesson for young Roddy.

BitterFruit
12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I simply can't see Roderigo taking this as a joke based on what we've seen...he can be a serious little fellow.

I think he may well be devastated that BB have set him up in front of the UK of which he thinks so much of

cookiemonster
12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
the more i think about it, the more sick i realise it is.

TurtleSoup
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Maybe now he'll stop complaining when people are "disrespeeeecful" to Big Brother as BB isn't respeeecting him!
I think it's really cruel.

BBmassive
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I think its cruel ,they are taking the pi$$ out of him ,its all wrong

MissKittyFantastico
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I actually think it's really cruel.

BB are taking advantage of the fact that Rodrigo obviously has this fascination and great respect for the Royal Family and making fun of him in a very cruel way.

They wouldn't try and pull this sort of thing on someone like Marcus for example would they?

Rodrigo is going to go nuts when he finds out it's all a big joke, and one that's at his expense, and on this occasion I actually don't blame him.

cookiemonster
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by no1Joeno1
More Ofcom reports then?
no, i'm not one of those complainers as i don't believe anything good comes out of it, but i do think it's very cruel.

BBmassive
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MissKittyFantastico
I actually think it's really cruel.

BB are taking advantage of the fact that Rodrigo obviously has this fascination and great respect for the Royal Family and making fun of him in a very cruel way.

They wouldn't try and pull this sort of thing on someone like Marcus for example would they?

Rodrigo is going to go nuts when he finds out it's all a big joke, and one that's at his expense, and on this occasion I actually don't blame him. He is going to feel very stupid knowing the others knew and were laughing at him bang out of order

sophiee1383
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
That Is Realy Cruel NO Need For It At All.
Evil.
Cause Meeting Her Is Such A Big Thing Too Rodrigo. If It Was Like For Example Freddies Task Meeting The Queen Then It Wudent Be As Bad Cause It Isnt Too Important And A Dream Of His.

shaz20
12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I think it's very cruel BB know how serious Rodrigo is. Who on earth is running BB this year, a sadist?? The things they are allowing to happen and actually encourage is so different to how BB usually is and I am not sure that I like it:nono:

BJ
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
A step too far by BB.

I think it is very cruel and not a bit funny

mrs-big
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I think its cruel but it will be funny to watch,
But as it's Rodrigo, im not sure its the best idea, as we all know how he reacts to things...
but it is funny

k1ck3m0n
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I think it's cruel, and I'm saying that as someone who doesn't like Rodrigo at all. I find him an intensely irritating little drama queen who preaches about "respect" only when it suits him. But even I think BB has gone too far with this stunt.

My only thought is that perhaps they want the public to feel sympathy for him, thereby ensuring a top 3 finish? After all, they've made it easy for others to get there, and I'd imagine Roddy is one of the firm favourites. Cynical? Moi????

Vladimir
12-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by VickyJ
I think its very cruel.

Then find out if was all setup to humiliate you, AND all your mates were in on it...:bored:

I agree. :thumbs: It's very, very cruel.

Why are they punishing Rodrigo? :sad:

Matt
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
It's absolutely brilliant. His reaction will be priceless.

Big Brother has to stir the pot now and again - and I think this twist is a stroke of genius.

It would be nice if he got a special personal reward afterwards, such as a response from the real Queen.

scot
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
its funny as...

Vicky.
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Vladimir
I think its very cruel.

Seems they will do anything for 'entertainment'

This week they are really sinking to new depths...

MissKittyFantastico
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Matt

Big Brother has to stir the pot now and again - and I think this twist is a stroke of genius.

It would be nice if he got a special personal reward afterwards, such as a response from the real Queen.

That's the only thing they could do to make it all ok in my eyes.

But I can't see that happening.

Staceee
12-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Very cruel

Shasown
I think its a great one, hopefully rodders will giggle about it too, if not he should ask BB if he can have a sense of humour injection bought out of the household budget.

Vladimir
Originally posted by Vladimir
I think its very cruel.

Seems they will do anything for 'entertainment'

This week they are really sinking to new depths...

That's not entertaining at all. :sad:

If he leaves house after that, I'll kill them!

villawagen
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Shasown
I think its a great one, hopefully rodders will giggle about it too, if not he should ask BB if he can have a sense of humour injection bought out of the household budget.

agreed the boy has 0% sense of humour :rolleyes:

Shasown
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM

He will get a response from Buck House to his letter to HM, seeing as it was sent on a TV companies letterhead, it may even have been rushed through the system, they may already have the reply.

If not they know he will get a reply even if it is just a bog standard lizzy appreciates your letter sort of thing.

cookiemonster
i think Marcus might tell him. he's gone to the diary room to ask bb what they've got in mind when they see brilliant, special prize. he said a guitar and speakers won't be enough for him.

kisywisy
it's horrible!! remember how happy he was that he was getting to write a letter the the queen?? he was so emotional. it's going to crush him. he's annoying at times, but he's not done anything to warrant this sort of attack from bb.

crushed is the only word i can think of when i think about how he'll feel.

he could even walk out!!

BigBrotherfan4ever
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
This is really cruel.

Staceee
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by kisywisy
it's horrible!! remember how happy he was that he was getting to write a letter the the queen?? he was so emotional. it's going to crush him. he's annoying at times, but he's not done anything to warrant this sort of attack from bb.

crushed is the only word i can think of when i think about how he'll feel.

he could even walk out!!

If he did walk out because of Big brother I wouldn't watch the show again

Shasown
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by kisywisy
he was so emotional. it's going to crush him. he's annoying at times, but he's not done anything to warrant this sort of attack from bb.

Of course he has done something to warrant it, he signed on the dotted, Long gone are the days of it being a social experiment its a freak show nowadays. thats why we love it.

BigBrotherfan4ever
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by cookiemonster
i think Marcus might tell him. he's gone to the diary room to ask bb what they've got in mind when they see brilliant, special prize. he said a guitar and speakers won't be enough for him. I think you could be right, i dont see any of the other telling, i think Maruc could:mad:

Drey_Lang
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I think it is mean because he is very passionate and serious about meeting her... he will only end up humiliated :(

Tom
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Funny and cruel at the same time

Vicky.
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Would make it better...but you know how roddy is about people disrespecting him...there is no doubt in my mind he would think both the HMs and BB were disrespecting him by setting him up...

scot
12-08-2009, 03:33 PM
about time this hysterical rule loving psuedo goody-two-shoes girlie boy(pheww that's a lot of adjectives)was massively 'disrespected' by the BB he himself propheses to 'respect' so much. Maybe now this brazilian(numb)-nut will understand why rebels like Marcus, Fred and Siav challenge BB.

And also, can he really be so fecking numb-nut dumb to think the queen watches this sh1t? Does he really think she would...oh forget it...

...and as for all the folk who say this is cruel!!...eh?...what the?...would you fall this stunt?

WOULD YOU FALL FOR THIS STUNT?

If, (a), yes; then I can understand why you might find it cruel but it dont say a lot for your 'smarts'...you're as half-assed as monkey-brain rod.

if, (b), no; Then you obviously think you are of superior intelligence to the fool and your 'concern' for his humiliation caused by his thickness is a tad condescending of you.

duhhh!

muchadoaboutnothing
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I think it is funny and I can't wait to see the git (Rodrigo) have the smirk wiped of his face. This is BB guys and a game show. Good thinking on BB's part.

Captain.Remy
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I like when BB is being evil, that didn't happen in ages so i'm totally for this task. So both, funny and cruel. :spin2:

Tepsi
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
It's really mean. He's gonna be really upset and I can't blame him. If someone did something this rude to me I wouldn't easily forget it.

Mrluvaluva
12-08-2009, 03:46 PM
It sounds quite funny even though he isn't going to be happy when he finds out the truth. I wonder if the other HM's will be able to keep up the pretence?

cookiemonster
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
bump.

BJ
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I think it's really cruel and you can bet your life Charlie will delight in trying to make a fool out of him.

tramp-stamp
12-08-2009, 04:36 PM
He doesnt love the queen

He wants to be seen to love the queen

Theres a world of difference. Rodrigo somehow thinks that appearing on big brother is gonna fast-track him an EU passport. all his rants about respect are because he wants to 'be seen' to be more respectful than those around him, more deserving.

He uses others to try and make himself shine, but it backfires because hes so transparent.

SixpackAd
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Where's the don't care (rodney knows he's not meeting the queen) option

cookiemonster
12-08-2009, 06:25 PM
i think bb are gonna tell him themselves =/

"Out in the Living Area Rodrigo was talking excitedly ten to the dozen. It's a shame that Big Brother will have to burst his bubble later on"

from the ch4 website.

mother6
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Bit of both I suppose but it is a game show so I think he will take it well as he respects BB and realises that they do fool the HM,s.

cookiemonster
12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
he won't respect them after this.

markmarc
12-08-2009, 06:45 PM
ha ha pretty funny

Gemmer-x
12-08-2009, 06:47 PM
both i guess. It is cruel but quite amusing..

santaa
12-08-2009, 06:48 PM
You are all so gullible .Rodrigo is playing a part.

rayheartbliss
12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
its going to be very entertaining...especially when he finds out that it was a scam....it is really cruel, because thats hes dream.....but one day he'l just look back and laugh at it.....hopefully O.O

yodofrodo
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
i think its funny because roderigo is such a kiljoy. everytime the housemates wanna break the boundries he starts reacting and i think that pisses the viewing public off because they want to be entertained! thats the whole point!
he signed up for bb and bb can do whatever it likes on national tv and that is what he signed up for so he cant complain

Tom
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Its no longer cruel when you know he doesn't even like the Queen that much. If he liked her he would have known that wasn't her and would have known more about her. IMO he's just saying it because he probably thinks us Brits love the Queen and he wants to be accepted into Britain

Enid
12-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Funny, but I do feel a little bad that it was only Rodrigo and none of the other HMs that have had to fall victim to such a prank.

setanta
12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Enid
Funny, but I do feel a little bad that it was only Rodrigo and none of the other HMs that have had to fall victim to such a prank.

I feel a bit bad too, but you do tend to reap what you sow on the show, and it's all a bit funny when you see that Rodrigo can't even suss that it's not the Queen, even after all his talk of idolising her so much. The double is good, but not that good.

lavabird
12-08-2009, 07:02 PM
i do think its a bit naughty ,but you have to see the funny side of it ? as long as they tell him later i think he will laugh to i know its his dream but surely even rodrigo isnt so naive as to think that the queen of england would pop in for tea at the bb studios lol

aoq2008
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I voted funny, it will be good tv though after watching the viideos on the channel4 site he will probably be devestated when he finds out. Kinda a shame for him.

Indierock&roll
12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
both its funny but kind of cringey to watch because i feel so sorry for him, watching the video hes so nervous to meet her and singing to her and it is actually quite cruel!

BBUK4LYFE
12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
It was both.

rayheartbliss
12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
he gunnu get angry..

Marsha
12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, at the least I hope he stops droning on and on and on to Marcus, Freddie and Siavash about respecting BB. I think the joke was mean and over the top, and I can't see why they picked the guy in the house with the worst sense of humor who whines and complains about absolutely everything everyone does and pitches fits when he doesn't get his way to pull the prank on. I think most of the other HGs would be embarrassed but laugh it off. Rodrigo is going to flip smooth out.