PDA

View Full Version : Explanation on hate thread

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Can people explain on this thread WHY they 'hate' Freddie? It's a simple question and doesn't need any numpties spoiling it,Can you also post on WHAT exactly he has done OR said that has made you feel that way about him,I am curious as I have always found him to be a really nice bloke:thumbs:

mado
14-08-2009, 01:20 PM
i love freddie:thumbs:

ElProximo
14-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Because he is a passive-aggressive selfish little lord fauntleroy who is not as clever as he thinks he is and does whatever he wants and if confronted plays the victim of it all until he is back to his own merry pompous way?

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ElProximo
Because he is a passive-aggressive selfish little lord fauntleroy who is not as clever as he thinks he is and does whatever he wants and if confronted plays the victim of it all until he is back to his own merry pompous way?

Examples please of how he is selfish,aggresive and passive?

PS,passive-aggressive that doesn't really make sense does :pat:it?

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I think the 'Little Lord fauntleroy' comment may have given away your 'hate' for him:dance:

BB22
14-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by kazanne

It is a recognised term for behaviour of a certain kind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior

Hope that helps.

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BB22

It is a recognised term for behaviour of a certain kind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior

Hope that helps.
ok thanks for that:thumbs:

davidalbert
14-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I love Freddie (yipee he got his name back!) but I do think CLASS has been a big issue...both for Housemates and some viewers...

Lisa made it clear almost from Day 1 she couldnt mix it with a Tory TOFF........inverted Class SNOBBERY on her part!.

Hate is an interesting issue...as its a word bandied about so much on this site and in BB10..........'I hate Freddie.....I dont hate Freddie' (Charlie)

I dont hate any housemates..but Ive come close twice.....briefly...for a few days each time.....
once with Noirin who loved the sound of her own voice too much

again with Bea..........for a very brief 'HATE' moment I even took a leaf out of Julie Burchill's book in the late 1980s.......critic Julie wrote an article on the EURYTHMICS at the peak of their 1980s FAME and sUCCESS and said the BEST THING that could happen to Annie Lennox and CO from that point on was to DIE in a plane crash.......from an ART point of view it would secure their immortlality......Annie hated what Julie had written predictably and many others misunderstood...Julie wasnt saying she wished Annie dead.....she was poiting out that the Eurythmics couldnt go any higher and only a quick rock n roll death would secure their LEGEND. So HATE is very subjective.

Personally I try not to HATE...it tends to do more damage emotionally and spiritually to the HATER than to the person hated.

I'm sure Bea will pick herself up after this series.........

Caramel77
14-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Isn't this just a quote from Bea? :rolleyes:

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by davidalbert
I love Freddie (yipee he got his name back!) but I do think CLASS has been a big issue...both for Housemates and some viewers...

Lisa made it clear almost from Day 1 she couldnt mix it with a Tory TOFF........inverted Class SNOBBERY on her part!.

Hate is an interesting issue...as its a word bandied about so much on this site and in BB10..........'I hate Freddie.....I dont hate Freddie' (Charlie)

I dont hate any housemates..but Ive come close twice.....briefly...for a few days each time.....

again with Bea..........for a very brief 'HATE' moment I even took a leaf out of Julie Burchill's book in the late 1980s.......critic Julie wrote an article on the EURYTHMICS at the peak of their 1980s FAME and sUCCESS and said the BEST THING that could happen to Annie Lennox and CO from that point on was to DIE in a plane crash.......from an ART point of view it would secure their immortlality......Annie hated what Julie had written predictably and many others misunderstood...Julie wasnt saying she wished Annie dead.....she was poiting out that the Eurythmics couldnt go any higher and only a quick rock n roll death would secure their LEGEND. So HATE is very subjective.

Personally I try not to HATE...it tends to do more damage emotionally and spiritually to the HATER than to the person hated.

Great post,thanks for your views and not a swear word in sight.:wink:

davidalbert
14-08-2009, 01:34 PM
thats OK Kazanne....

Zien
14-08-2009, 01:34 PM
In my opinion he is not a nice guy at all. He has to analyse everything in minute detail and thinks that his analytical way of thinking justifies his actions if he upsets anyone. He is an aggresive person in a non direct manner, otherwise sly with hidden agendas - yes he s also a game player!.

Other people such as Charlie, Bea (who i dislike intensely) and others are more direct personalities which ultimately gets them a bad press in the forum.

Dont be fooled buy Freddies little lost boy exterior he is as vemonous as any of the others, just maybe a bit more refined than others.

Prole
14-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Firstly... the "passive-aggressive" label is about as old now as the negative-positive thing.

Secondly, you're using the title "Little Lord Fauntleroy" in the same context that Bea did, ie: wrongly. If you'd read the book or knew the story, you'd know that Little Lord Fauntleroy (an American born into genteel poverty) finds he is the heir to a Earldom... and teaches the crusty old Earl the worth of compassion, justice and the true meaning of noblesse oblige. So it's a bit of compliment really,

WOMBAI
14-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Yes it does - it is a term used to describe behaviour resistant to the demands of others - ie stubborness or procrastination - a reluctance to cooperate with others!

IsleOfWeather
14-08-2009, 01:45 PM
i cant take the michael jackson and wee boy mix on this thread.

mawkish or what?

Zien
14-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by davidalbert

Good comment and I mosty agree. Hate in the contents of the show is surely not to be interpreted literally. Many people say I hate .... but mostly its a dislike rather than hate.
Hate is a very very strong bigotted emotion which thankfully in a normal persons day to day life doesnt exist - Yes even HM's are relatively normal on the outside albiet they have their faults like us all!

WOMBAI
14-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Can people explain on this thread WHY they 'hate' Freddie? It's a simple question and doesn't need any numpties spoiling it,Can you also post on WHAT exactly he has done OR said that has made you feel that way about him,I am curious as I have always found him to be a really nice bloke:thumbs:

Why do people on this forum have to use such emotive language all the time!

Just because someone doesn't like a hm very much - doesn't mean they hate them!

I used to like Freddie - but now I am not so keen. That is because I find him pompous - always blowing his own trumpet - saying how clever he is, what an expert he is on human behaviour, what a good singer he is, what a good mediator he is, etc! It annoys me because he obviously isn't any of those things - so why does he THINK he is! He obviously has an inflated opinion of himself - he is pompous!

Not my cup of tea!

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I think Freddie is just a thinker,he doesn't like conflict and if conflict occurs he tries very hard to understand why instead of just shouting his mouth off and he then proceeds to sort it out,but with Freddies accent and knowledge of words he comes across as being 'cocky'.I am not 'fooled' by anything I have watched Freddie from the start,I have watched how he's handled some things,but if people think about it,if anyone else had been treated as Freddie has in that house,there would have been an outcry,Freddie is far from perfect,infact he's annoying sometimes,but comparing him to the rest in there he has a good heart and is a good man.

Kazanne
14-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by COMMONSENSE

Why do people on this forum have to use such emotive language all the time!

Just because someone doesn't like a hm very much - doesn't mean they hate them!

I used to like Freddie - but now I am not so keen. That is because I find him pompous - always blowing his own trumpet - saying how clever he is, what an expert he is on human behaviour, what a good singer he is, what a good mediator he is, etc! It annoys me because he obviously isn't any of those things - so why does he THINK he is! He obviously has an inflated opinion of himself - he is pompous!

Not my cup of tea!

I am referring to the people that come on here saying they 'HATE; Freddie no one else,i am curious as to why,that is all,i think you may have got the intent of my post wrong

Zien
14-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I think Freddie is just a thinker,he doesn't like conflict and if conflict occurs he tries very hard to understand why instead of just shouting his mouth off and he then proceeds to sort it out,but with Freddies accent and knowledge of words he comes across as being 'cocky'.I am not 'fooled' by anything I have watched Freddie from the start,I have watched how he's handled some things,but if people think about it,if anyone else had been treated as Freddie has in that house,there would have been an outcry,Freddie is far from perfect,infact he's annoying sometimes,but comparing him to the rest in there he has a good heart and is a good man.

Freddie is no better or worse than any other HM and none of us no their true personality. Some are just more vocal than Freddie or have taken a natrual dislike to each other. I am sure Freddie can hold his own if he has to but please dont paint such a roise picture of him

kisywisy
14-08-2009, 02:01 PM
i don't like the way that he says he's not bitching about hm and just analyzing. he goes on about lisa and her group block voting and conspiring when he is doing the same. he's very hypocritical

kistar
14-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by kisywisy
i don't like the way that he says he's not bitching about hm and just analyzing. he goes on about lisa and her group block voting and conspiring when he is doing the same. he's very hypocritical

exactly , he has more of a game plan than anyone theres an awful lot of social engineering going on ,also he isnt a BB fan,hes not there because he loves the show hes there to help his political career,i dont hate him though its great everyone has different opinions and its great discussing why.

I hope the birth goes okay kisy the second one is so much easier than the first,and little girls are so much nicer to bring up than boys :flower:

BB22
14-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Prole

Firstly... the "passive-aggressive" label is about as old now as the negative-positive thing.

Secondly, you're using the title "Little Lord Fauntleroy" in the same context that Bea did, ie: wrongly. If you'd read the book or knew the story, you'd know that Little Lord Fauntleroy (an American born into genteel poverty) finds he is the heir to a Earldom... and teaches the crusty old Earl the worth of compassion, justice and the true meaning of noblesse oblige. So it's a bit of compliment really,

Very good post. :thumbs2:

Jordan.
14-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I didnt mind him till the arguement with Lisa were he mentioned the public liking him then he did it again in a arguement with Charlie when he said "oh yes thats why the public keep evicting me" . Then again when the nominations were comfired "yeah looks like your going Marcus".

I cant stand him i think hes a sarcastic cocky big headed show off and he needs to **** tonight