PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown has a greater chance of winning the next election than Marcus has of staying tonight

Mickey2009
14-08-2009, 02:08 PM
From Briffa's Blog

Dark Horse Destroyed

Gordon Brown has a greater chance of winning the next election than Marcus has of staying tonight.

He didn't walk. He didn't run. He didn't jump Red Rum-style over the fence. No, the Dark Horse leaves tonight irrepressible and buoyant to the end. The smokers actually think he's staying too. He even said he would if that's what the fans wanted. Too late now, mate. I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't asked to go. Freddie for one wouldn't have nominated him.

Anyway, it's all over. Marcus has fought his last. If the crowd dare to boo him I will, personally me, climb into the telly and smack every last one of them.

My favourite BB characters are the ones who show us their flaws, warts and all. They're also the ones I've disliked at various times. I don't want someone I always like. I like to change my mind. I've changed my mind about Marcus more times than anyone else in this series, and for that I thank him.

For those still harbouring hopes of a last minute swim for the line, forget it. Fred had an early night and there will be no final night edit to change things around. In BB5 the Friday night highlights proved terminal for Victor, propelling him out the door and keeping Jason for the final. It won't happen tonight. Anyway, BB wants him out.

What will Davina say? Presumably there'll be more than her fair share of "Did you really fancy Noirin?" stuff and "did you really want to go?"

I kind of miss all the "What have you learned about yourself?" and "who do you want to win?" we had in previous years. Asking him who he thought nominated him doesn't have the resonance it used to have either now that nominations are all above board and over the counter.

The post-game interview isn't the only thing that's changed. I don't think I've seen one episode concentrating on one person so much since BB4 and Cameron Goes to Africa. Then Cameron did his bug-eyed excitement act, even though they'd all been told to bring their passports, so it can't have been that much of a shock.

I mean, did Rodrigo really think he meant the Queen? The lookalike didn't really look that much alike to me. I was more convinced by Charlie when he did the Mrs. Doubtfire act a few nights back.

Nobody in BB1, or even BB5 would have been taken in by this. But Rodrigo - who is an actor, remember - did his doe-eyed innocent look, and guess what? He's now the favourite to win.

I'm too cynical for this show, me.

Talking of cynicism: Bea. What can you say? I too would have laughed when she said her "You can dish it out but can't take it, Marcus" line, as Freddie did. I'm also not the first to notice that for a girl who cries, there aren't many tears falling down her cheeks.

False as a false leg, as Tom observed. And Charlie? What an annoying little imp he is too.

You've got to hand it to Marcus, though, to listen to that nonsense all night. That's the best thing about him going tonight. The smokers will then realise that Freddie is still popular. It will be amusing to watch Bea try and ingratiate herself with him again after this week. She'll definitely give it a go.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk

eggdavid
14-08-2009, 02:09 PM
great a loser blog nobody has ever heard of trying to make 'controversial' statements to get attention

the odds are close and marcus definitely has a chance of staying in tonight everybody knows he is the right choice for the house because if freddie stays he will continue to be miserable and get harassed by bea and charlie but if marcus stays he can keep bea and team dumb on their toes!!

bananarama
14-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by eggdavid
great a loser blog nobody has ever heard of trying to make 'controversial' statements to get attention

the odds are close and marcus definitely has a chance of staying in tonight everybody knows he is the right choice for the house because if freddie stays he will continue to be miserable and get harassed by bea and charlie but if marcus stays he can keep bea and team dumb on their toes!!

The odds are not that close at the mo......In fact in the last hour they are drifting slightly more in favour of Halfwit staying......

Betfair

Marcus 1.3
Freddie 4.2

Was earlier

BB22
14-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Interesting stuff there, for a change.

And the odds are not really close.

Mickey2009
14-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by eggdavid

It's all over, get over it Marcus goes tonight ...coz Marcus wanted to go tonight.