PDA

View Full Version : New X Factor Sunday show confirmed

Tom4784
18-08-2009, 06:35 PM
X Factor Sunday show confirmed
The X Factor will be beefed up with a new Sunday results show when the live stages are reached, ITV have confirmed.
X Factor Sunday show confirmed

pa.press.net
The X Factor will be beefed up with a new Sunday results show when the live stages are reached, ITV have confirmed.

From mid-autumn, the usual Saturday programme - showcasing hopefuls' performances in front of judges Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue - will be joined by the new peak-time Sunday show, also featuring guest stars.

Both shows will be live, so viewers will have a greater opportunity to vote over weekends.

The official announcement follows widespread speculation that plans were being drawn up for a Sunday show.

Last week it was announced that Strictly Come Dancing is abandoning its Sunday night results show in favour of an extended Saturday night programme.

At the time of that announcement, it was understood that part of the reason for the change was the desire to avoid a possible clash with the ITV1 results show.

ITV's director of entertainment and comedy Elaine Bedell said: "The X Factor just keeps getting bigger and better, with last year's series breaking records as the most popular yet, so we're delighted to be offering ITV1 viewers more of what they want."

Following the ITV1 shows, ITV2's The Xtra Factor will also be broadcast on both Saturday and Sunday nights during the live stages of the series.

The 2008 series of The X Factor was the most successful ever, watched by an average audience of 10.7 million viewers and a 43.9 per cent, across its run.
:: The X Factor returns to ITV1 at 7pm on Saturday, August 22, with The Xtra Factor from 8.30pm on ITV2.

Surprise Surprise, Britain's got the X Factor's copying another show again. Bruce Forsyth will end up replacing Dermot at this rate.

This series is sounding worse by the minute. It's not broken so don't fix it.

Marc
18-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Can't wait to see if this works or not.. I reckon it'll add some spice to it! :)

Tom4784
18-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Marcjswp
Can't wait to see if this works or not.. I reckon it'll add some spice to it! :)

The problem is that everyone will know who leaves on the saturday since the show is bound to be recorded. It happened with Strictly, it will happen with the X Factor.

Lewis.
18-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Dezzy
Originally posted by Marcjswp

The problem is that everyone will know who leaves on the saturday since the show is bound to be recorded. It happened with Strictly, it will happen with the X Factor.

I think it said it would be live?
:conf:

I shall be posting my opinion in my "X Factor Blog" Thread =]

JOSHUAH!
18-08-2009, 06:43 PM
No, It will be live on Sunday - Simon has insisted if they move to Sundays he wants it to be live.

Tom4784
18-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah duh! :laugh3:

I'm still not a fan, it's obvious they don't want to clash with Strictly as it'll provide more competition this year due to the new judge factor. I think it's gonna take away from it really, it worked before there's no need for a chage really.

Lee.
18-08-2009, 06:47 PM
So, basically the two shows usually shown on a Sat night will be shown over Sat/Sun with the actual results being shown on the Sunday? Is that right?

That'll be a bugger having to wait until the next day to get the results! Mind you,think how much more money they will make 24 hours of voting instead of 1! Ker-ching £££

bronaaaa
18-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Awk :sad:

Brad.
18-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Strictly > x factor. :D

Lewis.
18-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Bradley.
Strictly > x factor. :D
Don't be stupid. Lmao :tongue:

Indierock&roll
18-08-2009, 07:16 PM
it might be good just i liked the whole saturday being like all scary waiting for the results there so nerv wrecking! im always obssesed with someone on it so i go over the top and like cry when they go

Arneldo
18-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Won't work. People will chose Saturday's 'Strictly' over 'X Factor'. Sundays XF is just going to be made-up of packages of what happened in the performance shows, and result. As somebody said before - if it's not broken, don't fix it.

X Factor was brilliant Saturday night TV...now it's been dragged into Sunday, and I don't feel good about it.

Jordan.
20-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Bad move IMO :rolleyes: