PDA

View Full Version : Sunday results show confirmed [Live stages]

Scarlett.
19-08-2009, 03:27 PM
ITV’s Director of Entertainment and Comedy, Elaine Bedell, today confirmed a new scheduling pattern for this year’s new series of The X Factor – which will see shows broadcast on ITV1 on Saturday and Sunday evenings when the hit programme reaches the live stage of the series in mid-Autumn.

Saturday will continue to be a showcase for the act’s performances whilst the results will be the centrepiece of a new peak time Sunday evening show, alongside performances from a range of special guest superstars. Both Saturday and Sunday’s The X Factor shows will be broadcast live, with viewers also having a greater opportunity to vote for their chosen act over the weekend.

Elaine Bedell said: “The X Factor just keeps getting bigger and better, with last year’s series breaking records as the most popular yet, so we’re delighted to be offering ITV1 viewers more of what they want. The new Sunday results show will be a fantastic way of building excitement and anticipation across two nights of live television and with performances from some extra special guest stars The X Factor will now be an event spectacular across the whole weekend.”

Following the ITV1 shows, ITV2’s The Xtra Factor will also be broadcast on both Saturday and Sunday nights during the live stage of the series.

The 2008 series of The X Factor was the most successful ever, watched by an average audience of 10.7 million viewers and a 43.9 percent share, across its run.

The X Factor returns to ITV1 at 7.00pm on Saturday 22 August, with The Xtra Factor from 8.30pm on ITV2.

The X Factor is a talkbackThames/Syco production.

andyman
19-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Have the audition shows changed to mirror BGT?

Princess
19-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by andyman
Have the audition shows changed to mirror BGT?

Well there's an audience now.

andyman
19-08-2009, 04:49 PM
X Factor will become a poop show.. Plus everybody might boo or do that dk head "off! Off! Off!" thing they do on BGT..

Tom
19-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Urggggggggggggg

I might just watch the live shows on ITV2 on Sunday afternoon

Z
19-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh for God's sake, that's a terrible idea, blatant rip off of American Idol. I don't mind giving up the odd Saturday to watch it; I wouldn't spend TWO evenings watching it! That's such a bad decision!!

yvie26
19-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Simon has obviously been spending too much time in America if he thinks this is a good idea!

Tom
19-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Zee
Oh for God's sake, that's a terrible idea, blatant rip off of American Idol. I don't mind giving up the odd Saturday to watch it; I wouldn't spend TWO evenings watching it! That's such a bad decision!!

Do what I'm gonna do. The ITV2 repeat is usually on at about 5pm and will probably finish at about 7, not too long before the results I expect. Then its all on one night and you're not behind.

Fom
20-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Awful idea... gonna take Tom's idea and just watch the catch up on Sundays.

Patrick
20-08-2009, 02:09 AM
What **** this series will be!

Typical of a TV Show, once a series gets popular like last year they try to make it bigger and "better" than ever, always fails and looses ratings.

By the sounds of other "improvments" X Factor just sounds like an excuse to do Britains got talent 2 times a year... :rolleyes:

They`ll get what they deserve when the shows ratings goes down, do you know how **** it will be now to have to wait until the next day to find out who leaves?

Complete rubbish, especially a sunday night, thats the worst day of the week,

I say if there gona do this at least put the Live show on Friday night and the results on the Saturday night.

Will be much better!

Patrick
20-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Oh and part of the reason everyone loves X Factor is because...

ITS NOT AMERICAN

Simon just ruins this show :mad:

Scarlett.
20-08-2009, 02:37 PM
We'll have to wait and see how it works out

One thing....I hope the final is all on in one night

Fom
20-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I am just grateful that both are stil live, because with the BBC talent shows when they did this, they recorded both shows on Saturday, and there was spoilers everywhere.

King Gizzard
20-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I would want to watch it all on the same night, its just boring this way, having to wait