PDA

View Full Version : The big question - Can Tottenham break into the top 4?

DoM-h
20-08-2009, 07:10 PM
? ? ?

Lauren
20-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, especially with not all of the big 4 performing to their usual standard.

DoM-h
20-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Lauren

Well only united and Liverpool have lost. Arsenals performance was below-par aswell

Brad.
20-08-2009, 08:46 PM
there is a distinct possiblity

spitfire
20-08-2009, 08:50 PM
No chance.

King Gizzard
20-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Possible

Mark
20-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I'd put as much money as I can on it being a no :flower:

We're only 2 games in... some average teams always do well at the beginning on the season, look at Hull last year :kiss:

CrashDavis
20-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Mark
I'd put as much money as I can on it being a no :flower:

We're only 2 games in... some average teams always do well at the beginning on the season, look at Hull last year :kiss:

yea but Hull were obviously punching above their weight. Spurs on paper have as good a squad as any of the top four they just lack 1 really great player. The top four look weak at the min so id wait til 10 games in and see where they are then.

Johann
20-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe.

Marc
20-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh don't ask this I don't wanna think of it

Jayson
20-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Nope, only been 2 Premier League games.

It's like saying Arsenal will always play as well as we did against Everton, it just ain't gonna happen.

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
21-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Im a Spurs supporter (and I do go to White Hart Lane) and I will say no, although this year would be our best chance. We have a good squad (but some of our defenders are far too easily injured) but certainly not a top four squad.

That said this year will be our best chance, Harry seems to have done well in the first two games (may it continue against West Ham tomorrow) but I think the key factor is that we aren't playing in the Europa League. Those Thursday night/Sunday Prem games really start to take a toll on the smaller squaded teams (Like us, Villa and Everton, Fulham this year could be in for a long season if they stay in it for a while as there league form will suffer.

However as well as us doing well, we would need a top four team to struggle as well (consistantly) and I can't see that happening. However I do see the fifth and sixth teams (hopefully us and I expect Man City) will close the points gap to forth more than in previous seasons.

Sadly no, but I wish we could. Even if we would get slaughtered against the likes of Barcelona, Inter, Real etc.

30stone
21-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by DoM-h

Well only united and Liverpool have lost. Arsenals performance was below-par aswell

Can you explain to me how winning 6 - 1 is "below-par" ?

United have lost to someone really **** no excuses.

Liverpool lost to someone 50 - 50 with the top 4 they always preform against them

Chelsea have conceeded the first goal in both their games.

I think its possible for them to do so, just like it was villa last season..

But its 2 games in.. its a long way to go.

Brad.
21-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 30stone

Liverpool lost to someone 50 - 50 with the top 4 they always preform against them

Thats irrelevant...

GiRTh
21-08-2009, 01:30 PM
There is not a chance in hell that Spurs will finish in the top 4. Jermain Defoe will stop scoring soon - he does it every season thats why he's not an England starter - and then what? Where will the goals come from? Keane is a good player but not an out and out striker Pavly-whatshis face is still a bit unproven and Crouch is not good enough.

The midfield is good, the defence is sometimes a little shaky. As Junky said, one of the top four would have to be inconsistent and like him I also dont see that happening

30stone
21-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Bradley.

Thats irrelevant...

:bored:

Brad.
21-08-2009, 01:47 PM

Thats irrelevant...

:bored:

Chelsea are going to run away with the title this season :hello:

GiRTh
21-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Chelsea are going to run away with the title this season :hello: I think Chelsea will win it too. We wont win it cuz we're not consistant enough, Man Utd are already missing Ronaldo - He'd have torn Burnley apart as he did to most of the lesser premiership teams, Liverpool are sh*t and rely to heavily on Gerrard and Torres, so that leaves Chelsea who still look strong.

Brad.
21-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh
Chelsea are going to run away with the title this season :hello: I think Chelsea will win it too. We wont win it cuz we're not consistant enough, Man Utd are already missing Ronaldo - He'd have torn Burnley apart as he did to most of the lesser premiership teams, Liverpool are sh*t and rely to heavily on Gerrard and Torres, so that leaves Chelsea who still look strong.

Yeah, i think this will be a 90 point season for them

GiRTh
21-08-2009, 02:01 PM
If they'd have had a stronger start last season Chelsea may well have won it last year too.

30stone
21-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I think they will win it but its not irrelevant that they are coming back from a losing position to teams they should be beating.

But yeh With the start man utd have i alredy thought chelsea would win but now its like almost guaranteed.

King Gizzard
21-08-2009, 02:05 PM
If they had Redknapp from the start last year theyd of finished 4th or 5th (adding up both portsmouths start under him then his tottenham time)

setanta
21-08-2009, 06:17 PM
They have a good squad of players but it's too early yet to see if they've permanently eradicated their penchant for blowing hot and cold all the time. West Ham at the weekend and Man Utd in two weeks time will give us a fair indication as to what we can expect from them.

ricky2k9
23-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Nah lol

Something will blow up during the season like it always does with Spurs.

liverpoolboy94
30-08-2009, 08:54 PM
It's not impossible, but It'll be hard, if they had Harry Redknapp all season last season they'd have broken into the top 6 at the very least.