PDA

View Full Version : Paul Clarke On Virgin Radio today

Janette
24-06-2002, 08:23 PM
As I was driving to work this morning, I turned on the radio to find the gorgeous Paul Clarke being interviewed on Virgin Radio!

He was talking about how Jade from BB3 was being compared to Helen, as you can imagine he was not very impressed!

He said that Helen was naive and beautifully ignorant about certain things, whereas Jade was young, stupid and just ignorant! (I'm quoting him BTW!).

He said that he was obviously biased because Helen is his girlfriend, but he would like to see Jade evicted because she is so annoying.

He said that he quite liked Spencer and it was a shame that he had to leave this weekend, but he thought Alex had a very good chance of winning the competition because he was so funny.

Paul also mentioned that when he was in the house, nobody even thought about the game plan and winning the money, he thought this year it was all too obvious that the housemates were only in it to win it!

He also said that he and Helen had had a very difficult year and that they were hopefully through the hard times now. He told the interviewers that if he and Helen were still together in 6 months time then it would prove to the critics that they were "totally made for each other"

Unfortunately, that was the end of the interview, I missed the beginning so I don't know what else Mr Clarke had to say about BB3. They did say however, that they would be interviewing him in two weeks time so keep your ears out!

Paul was very eloquent and a lot more relaxed than I heard him last, obviously being with Helen is making him a very happy bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEE
24-06-2002, 08:37 PM
I listen to Virgin sometimes, but tend to prefer Capital so I don't switch over to it that often.

Wish I had this morning though :bawling:

Kaz
24-06-2002, 08:39 PM
You lucky, lucky person, Janette. :dance:

Can I be nosy and ask what time you heard the interview - was it the breakfast show or one later on in the day? :xyxwave:

Janette
24-06-2002, 08:44 PM
I turned the radio on at 8:50 and Paul was talking until 9am, sadly i don't know how much of the interview I missed :bawling:

Kaz
24-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Janette :thumbs:

There's a link on the Virgin website where you can listen again to each morning's Breakfast Show:

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/theshows/breakfast/listen.html

and then click on 'today's show' or whatever date you want. However I'm trying it just now and I'm not sure whether it's working or not. I'll keep persevering! :laugh:

Mairi
24-06-2002, 10:13 PM
Thanks for posting this up, Janette. I wish I'd heard this interview. You were very lucky to catch 10 minutes of it. I can think of someone who will be particularly jealous!!

I'm sorry Paul and Helen have had a difficult year but I can understand why. Helen has said repeatedly on 'Lorraine' that she walks with her head down because everyone seems to recognise her and want to talk to her. I can imagine how hard it is for both of them to live the 'normal life' they both crave.

As for them still being together in another 6 months, I'd bet my bottom dollar on it!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

James
25-06-2002, 06:45 AM
Try clicking on this link to get the Paul interview
mms://snoop.ginger.com/audio/200206/20020624085158.asf

If that doesn't work copy the address and go to Open Url in the media player and paste it there.

They say in the interview that Paul will be back on in two weeks.

Sticks
25-06-2002, 08:10 AM
He told the interviewers that if he and Helen were still together in 6 months time then it would prove to the critics that they were "totally made for each other"

Does this mean they are still unsure ?

So Helen's probationary period with Paul has still 6 months to run ??

I wonder what the Apraisal Evaluation Report will say ?

James
25-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Sticks, have you listened to the clip?

Paul actually says if Helen and him could get through what they did go through, in the last year, they were made for each other.
He doesn't actually mention the next 6 months.

Kaz
25-06-2002, 08:55 AM
Yet again James - you're a star. Your link worked perfectly! MWAHHH! :love:

You're right too that Paul doesn't mention 'the next 6 months' during the interview - so calm down, Sticks! :thumbs:

Fantastic to hear Mr Clarke's dulcet tones again. It's a great interview and I agreed with almost everything he said. Happy listening, folks!

:elephant: :dance: :hello: :elephant:

Romantic Old Bird
25-06-2002, 11:31 AM
OH MY GOD I SO NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS WHEN IGET HOME.

JANETTE AND JAMES MWAH, MWAH, MWAH!:spin2::hello::spin2:

OH, AND STICKS: THERE'S MISERY A PLENTY OUT THERE MATE, WITHOUT YOU LOOKING FOR IT.

I FOR ONE, AM HAPPY TO GET ANY GOOD NEWS AND THIS SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

cc100
25-06-2002, 02:22 PM
...........can someone please type a transcript???

n e way, if they were still unsure of their commitment to each other or their suitability to each other, im sure paul wouldnt have spent over a quarter of a million pounds on a flat he was unsure of.

LEE
25-06-2002, 02:24 PM
I could type a transcript, but if you click on the link James put up earlier you will be able to hear it for yourself. :spin2:

:flower:

cc100
25-06-2002, 02:38 PM
ive had a number of requests for u to type it up as we cant work it here

go

pleeeeeeeeeze:xyxwave:

Romantic Old Bird
25-06-2002, 02:44 PM
I came, I sat, I listened! It was LOVELY!!!

I don't have anything to record it on more's the pity. Will it be an accessible file for a while?

Paul was so, well, NICE! He is articulate, and relaxed, and sounds very happy. He is obviously completely committed into the relationship and patently adores Helen!

What more could you want?

He is quite nice about Spencer as well, but overall seems well unimpressed with the whole mob.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Lovely!

:love::love::love::love::love:

LEE
25-06-2002, 03:37 PM
ive had a number of requests for u to type it up
errr, who off? :conf:

I'm not sure why you can't get it to work from here, as most people seem to be able to do so OK. Have you done the second thing James suggested and cut and pasted the link straight into your media player?

I will try and write a transcript up, but it won't be tonight as I have some work I need to finish :spin2:

Sticks
25-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Ok I have managed to hear it at home now.

When I last posted I was at work, so could not listen, and had to go by Janette's transcript, which implied they were still unsure :mad:

I managed to do it in Windows Media Player 7

Those who can not get it to run, are you still on WMP 6, if so go to the microsoft site and down load the version 7, as it is free.

James
25-06-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
I don't have anything to record it on more's the pity. Will it be an accessible file for a while?

If you open the Temporary Internet Files folder in the Windows folder on your computer, by my reckoning, there should be a file called 20020624085158.asf with a size of 2,216 KB.

Copy that file and paste it into another folder.
You should then be able to listen to it any time you want.

I've also converted it to an MP3 if you still can't listen to the original.
You can download the MP3 from here:
www.j.alphaphe.com/Paul.mp3 (http://www.j.alphaphe.com/Paul.mp3)

:dance:

Romantic Old Bird
25-06-2002, 08:48 PM
James, thankyou so much!

I've just downloaded this, to go in pride of place with my Paul collection on my brand new pc.

It's a pity I can't transfer the 'Paul's going mad' and sja's Rich and Famous' clip.

Lost, for ever, unless someone can help me out????????????

LEE
25-06-2002, 08:58 PM
I've got both of them ROB, but they're on my other laptop. I'll find them and send them to you.

Romantic Old Bird
25-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Lee :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks a lot!!!

chilledbootz
25-06-2002, 09:50 PM
A transcript would be excellent if somebody has the time. My speakers don't work on my computer so I can't hear anymore!!!!:bawling:

James
25-06-2002, 10:02 PM
The Rich and Famous clip is still available on SJA's site
http://sja.homeip.net/bb2/richfamous-dl.html

Also, don't forget the Tellytunes (http://www.tellytunes.fsnet.co.uk/big_bro.htm) website. Lots of clips of the 'good old days'.

That reminds me, Paul and Amma are on a repeat of Night Fever on Channel 5 on Sunday at 1.35 pm.

cc100
29-06-2002, 03:24 PM
please can u put a transcript up... ive had 5 people here ask 4 one........so......please mate?:xyxwave:

James
29-06-2002, 10:49 PM
This is for chilledbootz, and cc100 and friends.

:thumbs:

It took most of tonight to do this. :sleep:

With a break for tonight's live task. :spin2:

----------------------------------------------------

Virgin Radio Breakfast Show. 24th June

Daryl: Paul Clarke is here. Good Morning.

Paul: Good Morning to you.

Daryl: You all right?

Paul: I’m absolutely fine thanks.

Daryl: Is Helen well?

Paul: She’s very well. Very well.

Daryl: Excellent. It’s good of you to join us and give us a bit of an insight into this year’s Big Brother. We were just saying during that song, for some reason – the viewing figures are great this year- but for some reason it just doesn’t seem to have captured the moment. And you probably didn’t appreciate how big it was last year while you were in there….

Paul: …No, No…

Daryl: …but last year it was huge and everyone gave a damn about the people in the house: you, Helen, Brian but this year? – what going on?

Paul: I don’t know. I just think they’ve got the whole Big Brother philosophy completely wrong this year. Because it’s the third one, they’ve tried to add different things: they’ve stuck the bars in, and all of this, they haven't got many tasks this year. I think it’s gone wrong. We did argue but…

Daryl: …That’s good, we want to see that…

Paul: …but we bonded better as well, and when you bond better I think a different side of you comes out, maybe the more comical side and when you get along I think people generally like you more. This time, they just can’t stand each other and they’re just fighting the whole time, and it makes good TV but, I think, in a way, it’s just not funny to watch.

Daryl: I've not warmed to any of the characters in there and that’s probably one of the problems for me.

Other Presenter: I don’t think there’s any likable characters in there, particularly. I quite like Alex…

Paul: Alex is a character in there. If you were to look at characters – I’m pushing myself aside – in our one we did have big characters like Helen, like Brian, Narinder, Bubble and so on. This year, you haven’t got that real individuality – no one’s really standing out from the crowd at all.

Daryl: Does it help because last year’s and in previous years you’ve had these tasks to get on which kind of helps you interact and bond with each other and whatever. Whereas this year they’ve just been left to get on with it.

Paul: Everyone’s personality this year has just been completely suppressed. I think the bars, everyone’s just gone off on their own and everyone’s just fighting for themselves.

Daryl: So you think they’re playing more of a game this year…

Paul: Yeah…

Daryl: When you’re in there, how long does it take before you actually start to behave normally? Because, obviously, when you first come in you are very conscious you are on a TV set – there are cameras everywhere. It can’t stay like that forever, there must come a point where you think, ‘ I’ll just get on with it and forget about that.

Paul: Yeah, I think that last year that, a lot of people were saying, that possibly, the beginning of last year’s one was quite boring and it kind of got better as it went along, and I think that is because personalities start to develop and you do start forgetting about the cameras and come out of your shell…

Daryl: And you start doing your hair in front of the mirrors.

Paul: And you start doing your hair! A lot! Actually, I must say, I was watching it yesterday and I watched Tim do his hair for about five minutes and I really cringed because I was like – oh please – that is like what I was doing, and that is just really appalling, really bad!

Daryl: So you do forget the cameras are there after a while. I mean, obviously, you are always conscious of the fact it’s a bit different but…

Paul: You’re always conscious of the fact your Nan’s watching.

Daryl: Yeah. I mean there are certain things you might have done had you completely forgotten the cameras were there, and obviously you stopped yourself short of doing them because…

Paul: there’s a lot of things you want to do in that house but…

Daryl: …you wait until you’ve come out to do those sort of things, obviously.

Paul: 'Course you do.

Daryl: But this year they seem to be much more conscious of the fact that…

Paul: I think they know the drill too much. You watch it live and they’re talking about things that I just didn’t have a clue about. I mean I never even saw this first one. So when I went in I was really, really naïve about the whole thing, I didn’t understand it. I think that when I came out I was just in complete shock, in complete aura of what was going on. But this year the people coming out, it’s not, ‘Oh My God what is going on, it’s just really, really bizarre.’ It’s kind of like they know what’s happening…

Daryl: …what to expect…

Paul: … and just going through the motions, yeah.

Daryl: So of the people in the house, who do you rate with a chance of winning?

Paul: Oh Alex without a shadow of a doubt, he’s got a big, big chance of winning. He’s a big woman, yeah! And I didn’t really like him at all to start with, he really irritated me and annoyed me but I think he has come out of his shell. He’s kind of – he’s getting a lot more confident now and I know what it is like, you get into this false sense of confidence in there, and I think it’s also to do with nominations – he’s been up twice, and he’s stayed in twice and I had five nominations and I stayed in, and it does, you get really, really confident…

Daryl: …oh you weren’t coming out! They were keeping you in there for as long as possible! There’s no doubt about that…

Paul: But you can see him getting more confident and I think he’s got a great chance of winning now because there’s no real characters in there. Jade is a big character but just really, really very irritating, very annoying and now I’m live on air I want to say she is nothing like my Helen at all! And it really annoys me. It annoys me. It does.

Paul: There is just no comparison. The only thing they have got in common is they’re loud and that is it. Jade hasn’t got anything going for her that Helen has. Helen’s got the innocence and the sparkle and Helen had a great female following last year but this year it’s like all of the women can’t stand her [Jade] and I just think that says something about the person. You’re not going to get another Helen again, OK I’m really biased, she’s my girlfriend – really, really biased! Helen is just a great girl, real loving and you’re not going to get that again. Jade is just very irritating.

Daryl: Well, yeah, that is kind of the way that people have portrayed her, as much as anything. In the paper, as I said, I refer to her as the piggy one. Not in a nasty way!

Other Presenter: Awful.

Daryl: Well, you’re probably right and I feel a bit bad about it…

Paul: No comment…

Daryl: … But there’s a picture of her in the paper next to Miss Piggy and you can’t tell the difference between the two pictures, you can understand…

Other Presenter: She doesn’t do herself any favours…

Paul: She doesn’t, she can just cry at will. It’s just like she just clicked her fingers and suddenly she can cry and when she does that baby voice…

Other Presenter: …Oh that's what she’s just started to do…

Paul: I’m looking for a brick to throw at the TV. Really!

Other Presenter: It’s a lot more bitchy than in previous years. All the girls are slagging each other. It wasn’t like that for you was it?

Paul: I don’t think it was. I mean I know a lot of people bitched behind people’s backs. When you’re in there you’re living you’re life as much as you can. You don’t know what is going on behind other doors. We obviously get to see everything that is going on – all the bitchyness - but this year, yeah they're in it for themselves. They’re definitely in it to win. And I can’t believe the amount of times I’ve counted, people go into the diary room with a strategy, about winning…

Daryl: … Oh really?…

Paul: This year it really is a big game and last year I don’t think that happened. There was no strategy involved and in actual fact that prize money didn’t even come into the equation at all, no one really even talked about it, but this year they seem to be talking about it all the time, it’s more of a game.

Daryl: I would have thought you go into it with a view of winning ‘I‘d love to win, this is a game’ and all that but actually once you get to know people and you make friends…

Paul: …Yeah, Yeah…

Daryl: … that kind of goes out the window, it’s not so important, it’s actually, you know, enjoying the company of the people you are with is probably more important, actually, than winning the competition but this year it doesn’t seem to have…

Paul: Well people have a pop at you, they say, ‘Oh you went in it for the experience!’ like this but it is actually true, I think that the experience won over what the money is. This year, they know the drill, they know it and I think it’s a harder atmosphere in there because they don’t really get along that much and they are in it to win.

Daryl: On balance, aside from the fact that you found a girlfriend you are very happy with, aside from that did you enjoy the experience?

Paul: I absolutely loved it.

Daryl: No regrets about it whatsoever.

Paul: No regrets, no regrets. We had a hard year last year. There was a lot of pressure on us but we kind of pushed that aside and we said let’s just do what we want to do. Let’s try and treat this a normal relationship and we have and we have survived it and I think if we can get through that then I think we are made for each other at the end of the day. But we supported each other massively…

Daryl: …Sure…

Paul: It was just a bizarre year, a real bizarre year.

Daryl: One you’ll never forget!

Paul: I’ll never ever.

Daryl: Do we not know the nominations this week do we?

Other Presenter: No, they're out tomorrow.

Daryl: Who do we reckon’s going to go out?

Other Presenter: This week? Sophie, I reckon.

Paul: I did say that, yeah. I actually thought Sophie was going to go out last week; I was very surprised she wasn’t nominated last week.

Daryl: What about Tim?

Paul: I think Tim might possibly be out quite soon as well unfortunately.

Other Presenter: They like him though, don’t they? A couple of people have said.

Paul: Yeah, I think they do but I think you can just see who are going to be the front runners now and Alex is definitely going to be up there. I’ve got to say something for Spencer though because he came out and it was a shame because I wanted him to stay a bit longer, because I did kind of like Spencer to an extent, and I think that he is a prime example of how you can be edited in such a bad way. I watched Big Brother’s Little Brother yesterday and he was just so angry with the system because he’s only going to be remembered, for evermore, for burping and farting and no one wants to be remembered for that, and the poor guy, that’s it, that all he’s going to be remembered for, and it’s a shame, it is a shame.

Other Presenter: But to be fair, you go into the house, and you know, you’re going in there for our entertainment, so pretty much…

Daryl: ‘Make me laugh!’ ‘Entertain me, do something funny!’ Actually they could make it interactive couldn’t they? Whereby, you know, on digital TV you can go into interactive pages…

Other Presenter: …Yeah…

Daryl: …and see different things going on. Actually, you could request the housemates to do various things. ‘Make me laugh, big girl!’ Obviously that wouldn’t be one of the options that! Just in my head.

Paul: ‘Burp!’ ‘Fart!’, ‘Dance!’

Daryl: ‘Do you’re hair in front of the cameras, Paul!’ Sixty times!

Daryl: Okay, so at the moment you’re tipping Alex to win.

Paul: Yeah, definitely.

Daryl: Well, we’ll speak to you in a couple of weeks’ time. In two weeks’ time he may have gone! Who knows.

Paul: He may of. Anything can happen this year I think.

Daryl: Thanks for joining us…

Paul: …Thank you…

Daryl: …and we’ll speak to you again soon.

Paul: Take care now.

Mairi
29-06-2002, 10:56 PM
James, you are an absolute STAR.

Thanks, so much. :love::love::love:

chilledbootz
30-06-2002, 07:03 AM
Thanks James that is brilliant. It must have taken you ages:love::love:. I can't get virgin radio where I live it's not fair!!:bawling:

cc100
01-07-2002, 02:01 PM
thank u very much james, we all appreciate u taking the time and effort 4 us!!!

...................................can u do it again next time????

purleeese??

jbellemeg
01-07-2002, 05:28 PM
ROB why didn't you ask me? You know I have all the BB2 stuff.
Did you ever have a copy of my CD? I did some for a few of the members but can't remember if you had a copy.
If you want a copy I still have all the clips on my PC.

cc100
08-07-2002, 01:40 PM
the guy who did the interview,darryl denham, is on holiday this week,and pete and geoff are sitting in for him.they r fans of bb, but do u still think paul will be on?

cc100
10-07-2002, 12:32 PM
NO HE WANT,ADELE WAS.

Summer
12-07-2002, 11:39 AM
Thanks for taking all that time and effort to listen and type that for us all, I missed the interview and found this was great, so again TA
Love
Summer
:elephant::colour::elephant::colour::elephant: