PDA

View Full Version : How to win the X Factor?

Z
25-09-2009, 01:03 PM
What does everyone think? How can you win the X Factor?

For me, I think the winner should be somebody who is relevant (and not in the way Simon Cowell says); they are in touch with modern culture and that should be reflected in their song choices. Considering the target audience of the X Factor is the younger generation; why are we being shown themed weeks of artists like the Beatles or Disco week - they are no longer relevant in today's music industry. I think part of the reason Alexandra Burke won the X Factor was because she was singing modern music; anyone else agree/disagree with me?

Obviously people who get through to the live shows have a reasonable singing voice; and occasionally we get somebody with an incredible voice; but I don't think vocal talent is the deciding factor at all, I think looks and song choice have far more importance to the average voter than how good a voice is - hence Rhydian losing to Leon.

Thoughts?

Dr.Gonzo
25-09-2009, 01:15 PM
You should have a sob story, a nice arse (if you're a guy) for Louis to drool over, and you should have extensive knowledge of Westlife and Girls Aloud.

Also, you should wear pumps, not shoes, and have a penis the size of a peanut.

Hence why I've never entered. :hugesmile:

staceyxxx
25-09-2009, 03:54 PM
be youself completely. xx

Lewis.
25-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Be Genuine. No-one likes a fake. Alexandra, Leona, Leona, Shayne and Steve all seemed really genuine on the X Factor and People like that.. you may not notice that you like it but there is a strong pull to people who act themselves

*mazedsalv**
25-09-2009, 08:02 PM
For a guy:

Good looking, some sort of sob story, normal.

For a girl:
Good voice, nice personality and a sob story.

Overall:

Dont argue back because thats a death move, just take any critisism and it will get you the sympathy.

Sir_Diary_of_Roomus
25-09-2009, 11:48 PM
1. Sing Westlife if you're Male.
- Sing Whitney if you're Female.
2. Cruise too X-Mas No. 1
3. ??????????
4. Profit
5. Disappear by January, until the next clone wins next series.

MrGaryy
25-09-2009, 11:56 PM
don't be perfect you have to have flaws to a) make people interested in you and therefore vote for you and b) make sure you get some negative comments to gain sympathy votes from.

Be in touch with whats cool with todays society ala Diana. Be different, don't have a sob story and pick song choices that suit your personality.

Tom
26-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Try and fade into the background and don't put 100% into the first few live show performances then have a pivotal performance at some point which turns you into a front runner. if it wasn't for Alexandra's Listen, she probably wouldn't have won

Beastie
26-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I am going to audition next year. I don't think I would be good enough as a solo artist but I would love to get a group together. There has not been a mixed boy/girl band in ages and I would love to be in a girl/boy band and sing and dance.