PDA

View Full Version : Avid merrion

Amy
26-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Has anyone ever seen the avid merrion adverts on E4? Well if not look out for them he claims to be the biggest bb fan ever anyway on the one i saw today he had taken Craig hostage to try and get in the bb house :laugh: just thought i'd share this as i found it very funny!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

steve_o
26-06-2002, 06:55 PM
I like the Avid Merrion adverts as well Amy, in fact he's the star of bb this year I think.:laugh::laugh::spin2::spin2:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

jbellemeg
26-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Yes Amy the advert is very funny.
Pity he didn't have Liz tied up.
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

blinkinlovely
26-06-2002, 09:47 PM
I've not seen these ads - when when??

Honey
27-06-2002, 08:21 AM
These awful adverts spring up on E4 between all their evening programmes. The first one was bad enough, it features a very odd dutch guy called Avid Merrion who is suppose to be BB's biggest fan. At the beginning of the advert he is holding up a poster of the gorgeous Brian whose mouth has been cut out, and Avid is poking his disgusting tongue out through it..eeewwww!!!
We then see him lying in a bed with a blown up doll with Penny's face on it and with legs akimbo which he is stroking and slobbering all over..yuk!
Avid has a chicken called Marjorie and posters, pictures and BB bumph all over his room...what a pigsty.
He now has two 'kidnap' themed adverts on the go, one has BB1 winner Craig Philips tied up reading a ransom note while Avid pleads to be picked in a mock audition video, and very late last night there was an even worse advert, the 2nd using the same theme which has Craig locked up in some kind of broom cupboard...both show Avid either slobbering over him or taunting him with promises of kisses and cuddles...it is all very weird and not nice at all.. I don't like them one bit...EEEEWWWWWW GET HIM OFF!!!

Oh and by the way the adverts are advertizing all the Big Brother interactive facilities.

:flower:

LEE
27-06-2002, 09:09 AM
I must admit Honey I agree, they are vile, especially the bit in the main ad where he has loads and loads of BB pics on his wall and he licks one, puts it up, and says 'I keep all of these up with my spittle!' Yuk!

Amy
28-06-2002, 06:09 PM
well love him or hate him did you all see him on bblb? :conf:

Mairi
28-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Yes, I saw him Amy.

I'm sorry but he makes me

Cringe!!!!!!

:nono:

steve_o
28-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Yep, he's the star of the show. Hope Craigs ok though.:thumbs::laugh:

peachy
28-06-2002, 06:32 PM
Sorry everyone who hates him, I think he's absolutely brilliant. He is a wonderful send up, and I thought he was hilarious with Spencer and Dermot on BBLB. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

milly
28-06-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by miriam
Yes, I saw him Amy.

I'm sorry but he makes me

Cringe!!!!!!

:nono: blimey it's only an advert:laugh:like steve-o said,he's the star of the show lol.

cymru
28-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Avid rocks !:hello: most interesting thig about this show so far

chilledbootz
28-06-2002, 08:08 PM
I agree Avid was really funny. He made me laugh how he touched Dermot then smelt his fingers.:bouncy::bouncy::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Honey
29-06-2002, 11:31 AM
EEEEEEWWWWW 'orrible 'orrible guy...some one give him a one way ticket to nowhere fast!!! :shocked:

Amy
29-06-2002, 11:48 AM
But Honey he's big brother's no1 fan

LEE
29-06-2002, 12:15 PM
He's awful though Amy :conf:

Some of the ads that are on later at night, such as the one where he is fantasising about Kate, are really distasteful.

As you all know I'm not very impressed with BB this year and if Avid Merrion is typical of the fan base, I'm not sure I want ot be known as a BB fan anymore.

Yuk!!

Amy
29-06-2002, 12:18 PM
Yes they do get worse in the evenings i don't know how they manage to get away with them sometimes, but he was good on bblb :laugh:

steve_o
29-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Where's your sense of humour, blimey if it's got to be serious and intellectual, all the time then I wouldnt want to be considered a fan neither. It's a mickey take of bb and I think it's about time as well, it's only a lousy game show after all.:shocked:

:bouncy:

Di2001
29-06-2002, 02:07 PM
I have to admit it - Avid does make me laugh!! :laugh:

LEE
29-06-2002, 03:30 PM
As you all know I'm not very impressed with BB this year and if Avid Merrion is typical of the fan base, I'm not sure I want ot be known as a BB fan anymore.
Ok, I'll admit that probably was a rather pompous and prattish thing of me to say! :laugh:

I know Avid is meant to be a take off of BB, and some of the things he does and says are funny - I'll even admit that he was funny on BBLB last night.

However, I think that more often than not his jokes are distasteful. I don't think I'm a prude but him talking abut sticking pictures up with his spittle turns my stomach, and the two late night adds involving Kate and Alex, rather than making me laugh, make me feel very uncomfortable indeed.

steve_o
29-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Oh well, I still find him funny, he is a Big Brother nutter, maybe at the end we'll see the men in white coats take him away, pop his blow up dolls, rescue majorie from the oven and release Craig.:dance::dance:

:spin2::spin2::spin2:

Romantic Old Bird
29-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Honey
it features a very odd dutch guy called Avid Merrion

Informative as ever Honey, but Dutch???

Ik denk neit freindje! :shocked::nono:

Mischein van een onder land, maar hij is ZEKER well neit een Nederlander!! OK???
Goed so!

Groetjes!

(In other words, no, I think not!)

kaphc
29-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Talking of ads, has anyone seen the new Lilt ad that is a take-off of the Levi jeans one?

It made me laugh and laugh when I saw it last night!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
29-06-2002, 05:51 PM
CLASSIC, Kaph, especially when she moves the chair!:colour::colour:

bananarama
29-06-2002, 06:50 PM
I have mixed feelings about this character. Sometimes he is amusing but sometimes I could cringe also.

He was amusing on BBLB (and only that) until he kept interupting when the phone in started. Very rude to the public that wanted to have there two pence worth and instead were interupted by some rude jerk trying to make a name for himself.

Sorry...I have just fell off my soap box. :spin2::spin2:

cymru
03-07-2002, 09:18 PM
one of my kids just put up an avid merrion website avid message board (http://cymrudesign.150m.comavidindex.htm)
:colour:

splodge0
03-07-2002, 09:46 PM
Sorry, cymru, "it" still makes me cringe. And sooo crude. It surprises me BT sanctioned it! Hey hoe:colour:

jbellemeg
04-07-2002, 08:55 AM
I am probably way out of line by saying what I am about to say.
He reminds me of that evil Leslie Neilson, who many years ago ( as you more senior posters will know ) ,kept boys locked up and eventually killed them.
I won't go into detail's of what he did to them.
When I saw Craig in the cupboard all I could think of was this evil man.
Sorry if i've offended anyone, but I detest him.
I think BB producers could have found a more suitable fan ( if that's what he is ) although as someone has already said he's probably just a nobody trying to make a name for himself.
I wish they would get him off.

Glitter_babe
04-07-2002, 09:08 AM
I think he's quite funny, and on BBLB I loved Spencers reaction to him, like he didn't know what to make of him - made me laugh a lot!

I haven't seen the late night adverts with Kate and Alex - dare I ask? What are they?

I think Craig has definite comic potential actually, much more so than Avid - the bit where he's making him read why he should be on Big Brother, and he says something like "What am I Craig?"

"You're very warm" - the way Craig says that cracks me up every time! Am I mad??

Anyway, i don't watch E4 coverage that much, so i haven't seen the rest of the adverts, just that one.

WILDCHILD
04-07-2002, 02:27 PM
Love it or hate it guys - its just an advert!:joker:

Oldgit
07-07-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by jbellemeg
He reminds me of that evil Leslie Neilson, who many years ago ( as you more senior posters will know ) ,kept boys locked up and eventually killed them.
I think BB producers could have found a more suitable fan ( if that's what he is ) although as someone has already said he's probably just a nobody trying to make a name for himself.

Was the murderer not Des Neilsen?

Leslie Neilson is a former tough-guy actor who turned to comedy with huge success in Airplane, Police Squad and the Naked Gun movies. He also made a video called "Bad Golf My Way" which, as someone who cannot stand golf, I found hilarious!

Romantic Old Bird
07-07-2002, 08:47 PM
I know it's bordering on creepy, and CERTAIN fellow posters have suggested that I verge on the Avid in my attitude to Paul Clarke................................
(the very thought of having him tied up under the stairs for my own personal amusement!!!! I am suddenly VERY warm myself!!:shocked::blush::blush::shocked:)

HOWEVER, it is funny!

I loved the Alex in the shower clip! He will so hate it when he comes out of the house!

Amy
11-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Watch out for Avid on BBLB again
:dance::dance::dance:

Amy
11-07-2002, 10:12 PM
I like the new add where Avid is stood outside the house with a banner saying pick me, i am warm

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Summer
12-07-2002, 11:25 AM
Avid really makes me laugh, and I to liked it when he was with Dermot and Spencer, it was so funny when he kept sniffing his hand :joker:
I think that the ads on E4 are so funny as well especially the "I keep these all up with my spittle one"
Love
Summer
xxxxxxx
:elephant::colour::elephant::colour::elephant:

Amy
12-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Did anyone see him on BBLB tonight :conf:
I have to say i think Avid is the no1 bb fan and i wonder if he'll get to meet Jade :conf:

Avid is WARM :joker:

steve_o
12-07-2002, 06:51 PM
I hope that when Jade come's out, Avid is there to keep her warm on bblb all week.:shocked::thumbs::laugh:

WILDCHILD
12-07-2002, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I have to admit he is pretty funny.
Ive never heard of him before - was he famous before or is he just a funny Big Brother fan?:conf::laugh:

James
12-07-2002, 08:40 PM
You do all know that he's not real. Don't you?

Anyway, he's played by a guy called Leigh Francis. Avid Merrion featured in sketches on a show called Whatever I Want that was shown on ITV a couple of years ago. In them Avid talked about celebrities that he was obsessively waiting for to get their autograph.

Then he was on a programme called Show Me the Funny on E4 where he actually started to stalk real celebrities and give them strange presents.

Romantic Old Bird
12-07-2002, 08:45 PM
:shocked:

NOT REAL????

Well, yes, I did guess!

I thought the N0 1 fan he visited on tonights BBLB was tame.

Where was his fully alphabetised and catalogued media library? The BB curtains and duvet cover?
Where was his shrine to Paul Clarke, with it's own little eternal flame flickering like a beacon in the darkness that is BB3?

I mean EVERYONE has at least that much, don't they???

I laugh in the face of such amateurs!!:laugh:

Amy
12-07-2002, 10:34 PM
But ROB do you have Nichola's song :conf:

steve_o
12-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Where would we have been without Avid to get us through the dark day's of bb3. I just don't know, hurray for Avid, I know he doesn't suit some people but to me he was the one to replace the lack of humour which was so missing from this years bb. Thank You Avid, your a star.:hello::spin2::spin2::laugh:

Amy
13-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Avids advert about trying to get in the bb house what a laugh :thumbs::laugh:

Avid should be in bb4:joker:

charlie
15-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes Amy the advert is very funny.
Pity he didn't have Liz tied up.

Can't make your mind up?

steve_o
16-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Don't know if this is a new ad but it's the first I've seen of it. Avid pretending to be a bb security guard, he's got the uniform on, and he's telling one of the other security guards to go and check the paramater, instead of the parimiter so he can break into the house.:laugh:it doesnt work and he gets man handled away.:laugh::laugh::spin2:

Amy
16-07-2002, 06:47 PM
I've seen this Steve it's very funny, i also like the one where he dresses up as Davina :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

steve_o
16-07-2002, 06:49 PM
:shocked::hugesmile:Oh I've not seen that one.:conf:that should be good.:dance::laugh::spin2:

Amy
23-07-2002, 07:03 PM
Avids new advert :hello:
He has only gone and taken more house mates and locked them in a room:laugh:
They are of course Craig :thumbs: Nasty nick, BUBBLE an wait for it only.......................................

HELEN!!!!!!!

:helen:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

:joker::joker:

Quick call Mr Clarke before Avid does what he says he wants to and plays follow the van with her!!!!!!!!:nono:

bananarama
23-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Was that really Helen! If so she acted the sad falorn girl locked in a cupboard to well for my liking. :shocked:

mcginn
23-07-2002, 07:55 PM
does any1 no why advid got that neck brace on :conf:

the ad which he is dress as divina is well funny:hugesmile:

hopeing i see the new ad soon with helen:helen:

:bouncy: :spin: :bouncy:

steve_o
23-07-2002, 09:44 PM
I haven't seen the new ad with Helen yet, sounds good though, he's getting quite a collection now.:shocked::laugh:Don't know why Avid wears a neck brace though, maybe he's got a stiff neck.:laugh:

WILDCHILD
23-07-2002, 10:20 PM
I think he has a stiff neck cause he watches too much Big Brother!:laugh:
I saw the Helen one today - she didnt say anything though which was annoying, just Craig, although it was nice to see him there again. Seeing as he was the first person to win Big Brother, you would have thought he would have been around a bit more but really theres not been much of him throughout this series.:spin2:

Kaz
23-07-2002, 10:24 PM
I saw the advert which had Craig, 'Bubble' and 'Helen' in it as well, but I'm not totally convinced that it was actually Bubble and Helen who appeared in it! :conf: :spin2: :conf:

It was definitely Craig, because he spoke and I recognised the voice, but the other two could well have been 'lookalikes' - one chap wearing a baseball cap and a girl with blonde hair. They really weren't shown clearly enough for me to decide if it really was them ................. or do I need to go to the opticians? :colour: :laugh: :colour:

WILDCHILD
23-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Im 99% sure it was Bubble, Helen, Craig and Nasty Nick but you've got me wondering now so Im going to have my eyes peeled when watching it tomorrow.:shocked::laugh::shocked:

Amy
24-07-2002, 10:02 AM
I saw this advert again last night and i'm 95% sure that it was Nick,Helen and Bubble with Craig :hello: :wavey:

Amy
24-07-2002, 12:47 PM
It is them there is another advert and they all speak in this one :hello::bouncy::hello:

I wonder how these adverts will end when the series finishes he can't keep them there for a year :laugh:

Kaz
24-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Thanks, Amy. :thumbs:

Apologies for doubting you Wildchild - now I know I REALLY need to get my eyes tested. :laugh:

I haven't seen the latest advert where they all speak yet - must keep an eye out for it tonight.

Amy
25-07-2002, 06:42 PM
Yet another new advert to look out for :hello: Craig and co making plans to escape the room they are locked in :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

WILDCHILD
25-07-2002, 06:51 PM
I've seen them talk - Helen says she is missing Paul!:paul::helen::love:

steve_o
25-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Is this after the one where Craig has to give Avid a kiss :love: to make a phone call then Avid say's, but I haven't even got a phone. :shocked: :shocked: :helen: and bubble wouldn't give him a kiss. :laugh: :laugh:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

chilledbootz
26-07-2002, 08:30 AM
I've been off all week so i've seen quite a few. Have you all seen the one where Avid and H are playing Twister? It's very funny!!!!!! :colour: :bouncy: :hugesmile:

cc100
26-07-2002, 10:54 AM
NO,TELL US MORE?
R THEY USUALLY ON THE LIVE E4 COVERAGE OR THE BBLB?

splodge0
26-07-2002, 10:58 AM
New one today with Bubble, Craig, Helen and Nick. The thread is that they are going to escape :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :colour:

peachy
26-07-2002, 11:11 AM
I know that many of you dislike pervy Avid but I've enjoyed the Avid Merrion adverts better than BB3. I know I'm a little odd though.

chilledbootz
26-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Avid Merrion is very funny!!! Basically the 'twister' advert is H sitting on the floor next to AM and he's telling her how she should sit in between his legs. It's quite funny and H's facial expressions are reaaly good. Maybe she could be an actress after all!! :elephant:

Amy
27-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Bye bye Avid adverts how i will miss them and i wonder if Craig, Helen, Nick and Bubble escaped from Avids house :conf:
He finally got to meet Jade :hello:

Bye Avid :bawling:

Mark
27-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Bye bye Avid adverts how i will miss them and i wonder if Craig, Helen, Nick and Bubble escaped from Avids house :conf:

A little (Romantic old) birdy told me that Mr. Clarke (:paul:) may be rescuing them from the house.

Keep a look out in ROB's world in the next few weeks :joker:

Mark

chipstick
27-07-2002, 07:24 PM
I think he was the best thing this year!!!!!!!!!!

They should do a program of all his adverts back 2 back!!!!!!!!

That would be worth watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess Pink Pants
27-07-2002, 07:36 PM
I wish they'd done those adverts on channel 4 not just blimmin E4!!!

steve_o
27-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Jade must have been wondering who's the nutter in the neck brace with the ginger hair with my mum saying I love you Jade. She'll have to watch the ads to find out it was a joke. :joker: errrmmm I think, you can't be to to sure with Avid. :thumbs: :laugh: :laugh:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Mark
27-07-2002, 10:33 PM
I must admit I thought that as well Steve. They must be the only people who haven't seen the adverts over the last 9 weeks.

Mairi
27-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Mark
A little (Romantic old) birdy told me that Mr. Clarke (:paul:) may be rescuing them from the house.

Thanks, ROB. It's lovely to have something to look forward to. :wavey:

BusyBee
28-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Have these adverts finished now. I caught the end of what looked like the last one during the E4 coverage on Friday night with Avid sitting by himself outside. Anyone else see it and tell me what was happening. I was chatting on the phone and had the sound turned down and by the time I yelled at someone to unmute the sound, the advert had finished. I agree these were the best part of the series this year.

James
29-07-2002, 12:07 AM
If anyone doesn't have E4 or you missed them, you can download all this year's Avid appearances from here:

http://www.geocities.com/avidmerrion2002/avid.htm

Amy
29-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Thankyou James i missed the last ones and it was nice to see what happened :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

finch
01-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Did they finish

He had Helen Bubble nick and Craig in the last one I saw

Kaz
02-08-2002, 10:07 PM
I'm afraid now that BB3 has finished, there won't be any more Avid Merrion adverts, finch. :bawling: :bawling:

However, James has posted THIS (http://www.geocities.com/avidmerrion2002/avid.htm) link to a site where you can download all the adverts and watch them at your leisure! :hello:

Enjoy! :dance:

steve_o
02-08-2002, 10:19 PM
I can't see them, all I can get is the sound and thats a 1 hour down load. :conf:

Kaz
02-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Steve - I downloaded the 'Twister' advert featuring Helen, and it worked fine (sound AND vision! It opened in RealOnePlayer. :thumbs:

steve_o
02-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Yep it's ok, I tryed again and it worked. Maybe it's just one or two that don't :thumbs:

cc100
03-08-2002, 04:01 PM
CANT SOMEONE JUST TELL US?

YOCOXY
31-08-2002, 06:21 PM
ive updated www.avidmerrion.cjb.net the vids work again im in the rocess of uploading them

finch
31-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Avid has his own show this friday on C4

Iknew it was more than just adverts