PDA

View Full Version : to win x factor, all you need is to have a sob story and to be good looking

arsenalforever
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
simple as
talent means jackshit on this show

xfactortv
02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree about the good looking part, but people don't fall for sob stories so much anymore.

arsenalforever
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree about the good looking part, but people don't fall for sob stories so much anymore.

who was the guy who beat rhydian, he was a sob story?

xfactortv
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM

Alexandra won The X Factor (Not sure if she had one, as I didn't watch much of last years, but I don't think she did). Diversity won Britain's Got Talent.

Sure there are exceptions, but lately people don't fall for them so much.

Beastie
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
yeah since last/this year it seems the people with the sob stories dont win or they will make it quite far but then someone more deseving than them wins.

Niamh.
02-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Alexandra won The X Factor (Not sure if she had one, as I didn't watch much of last years, but I don't think she did). Diversity won Britain's Got Talent.

Alexandra was "the come-back kid" cos she got through to the judges houses the year Shayne Ward won. Kind of a sob story!!

Beastie
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Alexandra was "the come-back kid" cos she got through to the judges houses the year Shayne Ward won. Kind of a sob story!!

Lol yeah a bit of a sob story. More people should have voted for Diana and she should have got to the final and won! I did not really rate JLS in the live shows. They were nowhere near as good as G4. I am happy they won some mobo awards and "beat again" is a good single but I dont rate their second single.

Niamh.
02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I liked JLS though Laura was my favorite. Diana was good up until she got sick, she never really recovered properly after that!

I really didn't like Alexandra, she was so annoying (especially her with Beyonce, cringe!!) She did have a good voice though!

Technically speaking Eoghan actually got the most votes, he won 7 out of the 10 shows!!

setanta
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh Diana was a one trick pony and her voice began to grate after the first one or two performances. JLS have done really well, fair play to them.

Niamh.
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Her "claw" thing started pissing me off as well lol

Stephanie
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Her "claw" thing started pissing me off as well lol
oh god, that actually made me want to kill her painfully.

Beastie
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
I liked JLS though Laura was my favorite. Diana was good up until she got sick, she never really recovered properly after that!

I really didn't like Alexandra, she was so annoying (especially her with Beyonce, cringe!!) She did have a good voice though!

Technically speaking Eoghan actually got the most votes, he won 7 out of the 10 shows!!

Lol yeah but Im glad Eoghan did not win on the final, as nice as he is he would have made an unworthy winner. I think Alex was the best in the final but its a shame her first single is a crappy R and B song. I wanted her to do something with more class and to show off her voice more like Leona did in "bleeding love"

TurtleSoup
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
What you need to win X Factor is a good editor.

Tom4784
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM

Lol yeah but Im glad Eoghan did not win on the final, as nice as he is he would have made an unworthy winner. I think Alex was the best in the final but its a shame her first single is a crappy R and B song. I wanted her to do something with more class and to show off her voice more like Leona did in "bleeding love"

That would have been a terrible direction to take, people would have seen her as nothing more then a Leona clone if she did that.

King Gizzard
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
hated diana

Scarlett.
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
To be fair, I forget sob stories when it comes to the Live shows

Beastie
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
To be fair, I forget sob stories when it comes to the Live shows

But the contestants bring up the sob stories again in their VT's sometimes before going out onto the live stage.

Beastie
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM

That would have been a terrible direction to take, people would have seen her as nothing more then a Leona clone if she did that.

Yeah I suppose your right.. maybe Alex could have at least done something a bit more dance tuney than R n B but nevermind.

30stone
02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Good looking is part of having the x factor?

But the sob stories are annoying especially some thugs like the on on tag who gets loads of time compared to others just because he has changed.. really annoys me especially when they are less talented.