PDA

View Full Version : C4 escapes censure over big brother swearing

ILoveTRW
12-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Broadcasting watchdog Ofcom is to take no further action following a foul-mouthed outburst by two Big Brother contestants on daytime TV after Channel 4 apologised to viewers.

Evicted housemates Noirin Kelly and Isaac Stout both swore within minutes of each other after being invited to appear on a lunchtime edition of Big Brother's Little Brother - despite being warned about language.

Presenter George Lamb immediately apologised to viewers after both occasions, as did the contestants, and Channel 4 broadcast a further apology moments later.

Ofcom said: "Given the immediate and appropriate action taken by the broadcaster, we consider the matter resolved."

Channel 4 said Isaac's use of the word "*******" in the pre-watershed programme on a Sunday was "highly regrettable".

god i still love those 2

*mazedsalv**
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
It was just a slip up, it happens alot on TV before 9.

Jack_
12-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Sad, sad people that complain when they apologised numerous times.

They should find better things to do with their time instead of worrying about them/their child hearing a word on TV, Jesus.

_Seth
12-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry but obviously enough wasn't done to PREVENT them from swearing.

Patrick
12-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh Come On!

Its 2009 as if Kids dont hear and say the word F`uck anyway!

And its not as if 4 year olds watch Big Brother, the Kids would be 13 and over which isnt bad..

Braden
14-10-2009, 03:29 PM
kids that are 13 and over swear anyway

CaraRawr
14-10-2009, 03:50 PM
reminds me of the time when i was about 10 and someone said 'bitch' on Eastenders. I was all 'OMG MUM THEY SWORE AND IT'S 7:30 D:'

but I agree with BradenMaccie and Patrick

MojoNixon
20-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Apocalypse Now movie quote :
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders
won’t allow them to write ****** on their airplanes because it’s obscene

same goes here with **** word too i see...