PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Mr. Fox

Enid
30-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I've just been to see this and wow. Totally not what I expected. A very funny and clever movie. I did not know this was a Roald Dahl story (shame on me), but my OH tells me the movie stayed true to the book. The visuals are stunning as well (uses stop motion). Go see it.

Shaun
30-10-2009, 10:23 PM
no.

Enid
30-10-2009, 10:28 PM
...or don't. :D

Arneldo
30-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Saw this as well, and I agree. It was really, surprisingly, great! I love the book and it stays pretty real to the book. The trailers didn't really give it any justice. And I actually think it appeals more to teens+ than to younger children.

BigSister
30-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I want to go and see this and am glad it sounds good as the trailer didnt look that good so ill probably go and see it soon

Enid
30-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Saw this as well, and I agree. It was really, surprisingly, great! I love the book and it stays pretty real to the book. The trailers didn't really give it any justice. And I actually think it appeals more to teens+ than to younger children.
I agree. I don't think kids would really catch onto the humour.

The trailer didn't really impress me either. But then after noticing all the praise and positive reviews, I wanted to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised by how unique the movie was.

MrGaryy
31-10-2009, 04:28 AM
I can;t remember the book at all, tho I definitely read it. anyone care to remind me?

ManicWolf
04-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Fantastic Mr. Fox was my favourite book as a kid. However I'm not sure about seeing the movie. I usually like stop motion animation, but on this it just gives it a creepy look. The characters look like walking taxidermied animals!