PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Eating Advert

InOne
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Has anyone seen that advert with the blob that spouts on about healthy eating? Stupid kid and mum thing, so patronising, they must think the country is full of idiots.

30stone
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
We are a country full of idiots.
Barely anyone (young mainly)
Takes healthy eating seriously, its why our country is full of chubbies.

InOne
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM

I would not say it is really. Just the media causing panic. I take it you are most likely a fitness fanatic lol

Alf
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
eat as healthaly as you like, but one things for sure, your still gonna die.

Vicky.
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
eat as healthaly as you like, but one things for sure, your still gonna die.

Exactly.

InOne
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
People should be able to eat what they want without silly adverts telling them what to do.

Scarlett.
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
A lot of recent adverts are patronising, like the Global Warming one

InOne
03-11-2009, 08:20 PM
A lot of recent adverts are patronising, like the Global Warming one

Not too bothered about Global Warming, i'll be dead before it has any real effect.

Fom
03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Good on them, it doesn't harm to have them on the television and if it helps one person get healthy then it has done something! Thing is... no matter how much they dumb down the advert, you always have some muppet who goes 'I don't care'.

I don't see why anyone would choose to be so unhealthy, what is fun about that?

InOne
03-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Good on them, it doesn't harm to have them on the television and if it helps one person get healthy then it has done something! Thing is... no matter how much they dumb down the advert, you always have some muppet who goes 'I don't care'.

I don't see why anyone would choose to be so unhealthy, what is fun about that?

What do you mean by 'so' unhealthy?

Fom
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
What do you mean by 'so' unhealthy?

Eating rubbish, putting on weight not getting the right food to make the body work properly. Generally putting on weight and not moving about much. Being a potato.

Princess
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Havn't seen it,although we don't get a lot of your ad's over here.

InOne
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Eating rubbish, putting on weight not getting the right food to make the body work properly. Generally putting on weight and not moving about much. Being a potato.

Obviously you need to balance, but are people not sensible enough to create that balance? And if not, is it not their own fault anyway?

Scarlett.
03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
To the rest of us who do eat properly its like being told over and over to do something that we are already doing

InOne
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM
To the rest of us who do eat properly its like being told over and over to do something that we are already doing

At the end of the day it's always going to be down to the parents really.

Scarlett.
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Yep :)

30stone
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Every advert tells you to do somthing, this is one of the better ones as its actually smart, not like insurance comparison websites.

This well probably cost you less.
And your body will be better for it.

Tell you what you eat loads of food thats really bad for you, then you eat healthy, you feel the difference. Feel so much better, couldn't imagine having like 40lbs of fat to carry around, would hate it.

InOne
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Every advert tells you to do somthing, this is one of the better ones as its actually smart, not like insurance comparison websites.

Tell you what you eat loads of food thats really bad for you, then you eat healthy, you feel the difference. Feel so much better, couldn't imagine having like 40lbs of fat to carry around, would hate it.

I have a fast metabolism, doubt i'll ever get fat. Most likely die of heart attack lol

30stone
03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
LOL.

I have a pretty high metabolism to but it has slowed since when i was younger and i havent got any fatter.

Fom
03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Obviously you need to balance, but are people not sensible enough to create that balance? And if not, is it not their own fault anyway?

Yes but the reason people don't balance is because lack of education, which is what the advert is doing. Whilst making it look appealing.

Harry!
04-11-2009, 06:05 AM
The only way to get someone to do something is by force, Ask Hitler. Not by silly adverts.

CaraRawr
04-11-2009, 06:12 AM
The snack swapper one?

setanta
04-11-2009, 08:23 AM

Well, from the look of you I'd say you're carrying a fair bit of added weight through your muscle growth and, as you know, muscle weighs more than fat.

But yeah, I do agree with you with regard to healthy eating.... you seriously do feel the difference when you change your eating habits.

30stone
04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, from the look of you I'd say you're carrying a fair bit of added weight through your muscle growth and, as you know, muscle weighs more than fat.

But yeah, I do agree with you with regard to healthy eating.... you seriously do feel the difference when you change your eating habits.

Yeah i do, but you feel it less being heavier but in shape.

I tried eating terrible after coming off my diet, done it for 5 days, choclate bars mcdonalds and that, i was seriously feeling tired and just generally **** it drained my energy.

Straight away stopped it, fat was put on my straight away which i got rid of asap.
Even if you dont eat great, should try to be healthy to some degree.

\PJ/
04-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Chubbies! LOOOOOOL

Twilight
04-11-2009, 11:26 AM
The ad does have a point but its so f-ing annoying...

30stone
04-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Chubbies! LOOOOOOL

Its what they are.

"The Chubbies" :thumbs:

and twilight would you prefer to see another car insurance advert or sofa sale advert??

supernoodles!
04-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I find it really annoying how the supposed child talks so slow!

Twilight
04-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Its what they are.

"The Chubbies" :thumbs:

and twilight would you prefer to see another car insurance advert or sofa sale advert??

Tbh yeah i would if it doesn't have f-ing annoying kid in it..

30stone
04-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Hate car insurance adverts most.

"You could save 216 pounds" - No i coudlnt your company would cost me about 400 pound more.

InOne
04-11-2009, 12:24 PM
The snack swapper one?

Yeah that one lol suprised it does not have the catchphrase 'Making healthy eating fun!'

setanta
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Yeah i do, but you feel it less being heavier but in shape.

I tried eating terrible after coming off my diet, done it for 5 days, choclate bars mcdonalds and that, i was seriously feeling tired and just generally **** it drained my energy.

Straight away stopped it, fat was put on my straight away which i got rid of asap.
Even if you dont eat great, should try to be healthy to some degree.

I feel it myself too if I don't eat well and gorge on shiŁte. Wrecks your system and the problem with saturated fat is that your body never knows when it's eaten enough of it, so you can become addicted to eating rubbish very quickly. Takes an effort to eat well initially but after a week or so you don't miss the sugar and fat.

But yeah, all I'm saying is that you're probably putting a bit extra into urself to bulk up and you always have to be careful that you don't go overboard with it.