PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Question... The Future of Big Brother

Jonno_9393
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I have heard rumors that Big Brother will be moving the Five after this summers BB11 (Please God let it be true) .. I was just wondering whether this is true.

Thanks..

Matt
05-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Five have publically confirmed that they won't be bidding for Big Brother, as have ITV, Sky and Virgin Media Television (Virgin 1/Living etc).

Beastie
05-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Gutted.. be great to have it on channel 5!

Stacey.
05-12-2009, 05:24 PM
i SO hope this IS true!!!!:D
i love BB, :lovedup:
C'mon channel 5, take BB on :D

Jonno_9393
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM
awww i hope a channel does decide to keep it going.. even if it's on Sky Digital.. would just like the see the British Big Brother live on :hugesmile:

Beastie
05-12-2009, 05:42 PM
awww i hope a channel does decide to keep it going.. even if it's on Sky Digital.. would just like the see the British Big Brother live on :hugesmile:

Has to be a channel of freeview, I dont have sky digital :(

Stacey.
05-12-2009, 05:43 PM
NOT sky :(
pleasee.........

Jonno_9393
05-12-2009, 05:43 PM
we should start a partition!!

Patrick
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
5 Were originally ment to be the home of Big Brother.

They and many other channels have already said they want nothing to do with BB.

However, if BB11 turns out brilliant.
I can assure you more than 1 Channel will be wanting their hands on the show.

And even if BB11 fails.. In a few years when ITV/Living or Five want somthing new..
They will probley take Big Brother 12.

And plus theres more Channels than just Five

Stacey.
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
5 Were originally ment to be the home of Big Brother.

They and many other channels have already said they want nothing to do with BB.

However, if BB11 turns out brilliant.
I can assure you more than 1 Channel will be wanting their hands on the show.

And even if BB11 fails.. In a few years when ITV/Living or Five want somthing new..
They will probley take Big Brother 12.

And plus theres more Channels than just Five
yerr, lets hope, Because i want to audition :Dlolage

Firewire
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
If any channel EVER takes it on.

It would be Sky, and would change the name and format.

So it wouldn't be BB12, but New Series 1.

Beastie
05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
If any channel EVER takes it on.

It would be Sky, and would change the name and format.

So it wouldn't be BB12, but New Series 1.

Would not be as successful on sky.

Channels 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are the mainstream channels. I hope channel 5 takes over for bb12.

Firewire
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Would not be as successful on sky.

Channels 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are the mainstream channels. I hope channel 5 takes over for bb12.

Yes but BBC would NEVER take it on. Neither would ITV. Whereas Five already fails so if it takes BB it probably would fail ever more.

Matt
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
The BBC will never go for it - it's too much of a political risk for them. Nor would ITV - they've got smash hits like The X Factor and I'm A Celebrity, why would they go for BB now?

Five might take it on - they've been wanting a notable show for ages, and Big Brother probably wouldn't get much worse ratings than most of their other shows. In addition, Five's parent company own the channel that airs BB in Germany, so never say never...

I can't see a digital channel picking it up before the digital switchover is completed, and Sky is probably the only one that would do it justice.

The chances are that it will be back on our screens at some point in the future - it is too iconic a show for it not to be resurrected. But it will take time - unless someone has a sudden change of heart, it won't be on TV in 2011, and being realistic it will probably be quite a while before BB is revived.

Stu
05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
If, in the future, another channel took it on and if, in the future, they buggered the format up the bum, we have to mobilize the troops.

I'm not talking about the twists. I'm talking about the theme tune, the title styles, the eye templates. Those things just can't change.