PDA

View Full Version : Audition dates announced

Princess
08-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Calling all hopeful housemates! Could you be part of one of the biggest television series of the decade? Have you got what it takes to leave behind your loved ones, your luxuries and control of your destiny next summer?

As Big Brother prepares to open its doors one last time on Channel 4 this is your chance to be part of the Big Brother story. Could you be the next Chanelle, Halfwit, Nadia, Rodrigo or Brian?

The competition is already fierce with over 14,000 emails sent by those seeking to take part. Any one can attend one of the open auditions taking place across the UK and Ireland in January and February. For the chance to walk through the doors and into television history make sure you put the dates in your diary and come along.

MANCHESTER
Friday 15 January, Saturday 16 January
Petersfield, Manchester, M2 3GX

DUBLIN
Tuesday 19 January
Anglesea Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4

CARDIFF
Saturday 23 January
Mary Ann Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EQ

GLASGOW
Saturday 30 January
Exhibition Way, Glasgow, G3 8YW

LONDON
Saturday 6 February, Sunday 7 February
Arena Square, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0DH

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb11-auditions.html

Stu
08-12-2009, 01:03 PM
19th January. Here I come baby!

Princess
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
19th January. Here I come baby!

Cya there! :p

Arneldo
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh yeh! 19 January :D 2nd time lucky....

Stu
08-12-2009, 01:10 PM
What was the point in those emails so? A [naive] part of me was thinking they would get you a separate more private sort of audition thingy or that they might be running things different this time around.

Beastie
08-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Omfg!!!! Thankyou laura!

I will be going to manchester probs on the friday!

Im feeling a bit nervous already!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what am i going to do? What am i going to say? Lol

\PJ/
08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
No birmingham auditions,not that i was going to audition but y'know.

Beastie
08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
What was the point in those emails so? A [naive] part of me was thinking they would get you a separate more private sort of audition thingy or that they might be running things different this time around.

I have no idea, maybe they could have replied some people back who they like the sound of to ask them to jump straight to round 2? that is my guess anyway but i never got a reply from them!

Beastie
08-12-2009, 02:08 PM
No birmingham auditions,not that i was going to audition but y'know.

yeah last year there was newcastle auditions as well. Oh wel. Good look everyone. Be good if we all got in!

ILoveTRW
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
well that ****s up any chance of an allstar series :sad:

bbiill
08-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm looking to interview someone who is going to audition to be on BB11. Is there anyone that would be interested that lives in London?

bamf
14-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I have no idea, maybe they could have replied some people back who they like the sound of to ask them to jump straight to round 2? that is my guess anyway but i never got a reply from them!

I believe this is the case. I got an e-mail asking for my phone number.
Stupidly, I mistyped my number in my reply.
Got another e-mail asking me for the number, and they called today, but I missed the call. They left a message saying they'd call again.

ChrisCoutureUK
15-12-2009, 12:04 AM

Answer #1: The casting team would be able to see roughly how many people are interested in auditioning. If a small number of emails are submitted there is no point holding auditions in a number of cities. This will be the reason for Birmingham and Newcastle no longer holding auditions this year (14,000 emails were recieved).

Answer #2: The applicants that interest the casting team recieve a phone call from Big Brother with a short phone interview. Depending on how good a housemate they sound like, they will then be given an opportunity to skip the first few stages of the audition process.

If you emailed the casting team and they didn't get back to you, sadly this means they didn't find you an interesting enough applicant and you will have to go through all of the open audition process.

Vicky.
15-12-2009, 12:18 AM
No Newcastle :(

ChrisCoutureUK
15-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Got another e-mail asking me for the number, and they called today, but I missed the call. They left a message saying they'd call again.

Lucky you got the voicemail.

My best mate got a missed call from an unknown number, and his phone didn't say he had a voicemail. Then it went off again and he thought it was annoying T-Mobile thing, answered it and it was like "Hi, is that...? I'm calling about Big Brother..."

Caught him completely off-guard and he didn't know what to say for half of it. The conversation is really chilled-out apparently, but he wishes he could do it all again, without shaking this time.

Beastie
15-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Really? Damn, I wish I gave some more details about myself in the email I sent in September. I just said that I was interested and gave my email address. Argh stupid of me!

Beastie
15-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh ****, ONE MONTH TODAY until big brother 11 auditions start......

*mazedsalv**
15-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Im gutted Im too young!!

Hopefully loads of people from here turn up!! Come on, its the last chance!!!
Imagine if one member actually gets on :D

BB11UK
15-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Im gutted Im too young!!

Hopefully loads of people from here turn up!! Come on, its the last chance!!!
Imagine if one member actually gets on :D

If a TiBB member gets on they should shout their username as they walk down the stairs into the house, otherwise they might not broadcast it and we won't know.

Past my sell by
12-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Hi,
I'm new to this forum ..just wanted to reassure you that they do actually call back. I got an email asking for my phone number after sending them a lengthy audition email. I sent my number over and the next day someone called but I was just coming into the drive and my son said they were in a rush and would call back...I wasn't sure if it was someone from the programme but an hour later a nice lady called back and gave me a brief interview on the phone. It was a bit of a shock to be spoken to by a producer and I just said what came into my head (better to be natural I suppose??). I thought I would be plucked out of obscurity but it's not the case. If I want to get any further I have to queue up along with everyone else...at my age I might be dead in the queue before it's my turn!
Good luck to everyone applying ... everyone that is who wants to sit on the toilet in front of the Nation???!!!!!!! :joker:

xDramatick
12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I sent off an application form, going to the London date.

Beastie
12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this forum ..just wanted to reassure you that they do actually call back. I got an email asking for my phone number after sending them a lengthy audition email. I sent my number over and the next day someone called but I was just coming into the drive and my son said they were in a rush and would call back...I wasn't sure if it was someone from the programme but an hour later a nice lady called back and gave me a brief interview on the phone. It was a bit of a shock to be spoken to by a producer and I just said what came into my head (better to be natural I suppose??). I thought I would be plucked out of obscurity but it's not the case. If I want to get any further I have to queue up along with everyone else...at my age I might be dead in the queue before it's my turn!
Good luck to everyone applying ... everyone that is who wants to sit on the toilet in front of the Nation???!!!!!!! :joker:

Go to the auditions! you are NEVER too old!!! Please!

Beastie
12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I sent off an application form, going to the London date.

Good luck! :D

Arneldo
12-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm a bit worried about my audition. I have an exam on 19th that won't be over 'til 11:30am. I'm worried it will be too late to get to venue :(

MarkWaldorf
12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm a bit worried about my audition. I have an exam on 19th that won't be over 'til 11:30am. I'm worried it will be too late to get to venue :(

Turn up in a banana costume and they'll gladly let you in.

Beastie
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Just turn up at the auditions Arneldo! You going to the Dublin one? Some people do turn up late like 1 in the afternoon. Just queue up and BB will see you!

Beastie
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Turn up in a banana costume and they'll gladly let you in.

LOL.

You auditioning Mark?

Past my sell by
13-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Go to the auditions! you are NEVER too old!!! Please!

:elephant: Well, that's my motto usually, but having seen such pretty, young hopefuls on here I can't believe they would want someone who looks pretty normal - the average, overweight, middle-aged woman. You have to hope that your personality shines through in the one minute you are allocated to sell yourself! I shall start by dancing, singing, arguing and laughing followed by manic depression and ending with getting naked...that should do it!! :joker: